• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

Are we really gathering evidence of the number "5" being significant for Persona 5?

...I would think that is self-evident.

I don't think anyone's doing that. A lot of us have been here from the start, ever since those hints have been appearing, and we've been following that information accordingly.

Sophia

For what it's worth, while it's common for many companies to take off entirely for Golden week, not every company does so. I don't think a trailer coinciding with the end of Golden Week would be terribly unusual. Especially one prepared in advance.

FluxWaveZ

For what it's worth, while it's common for many companies to take off entirely for Golden week, not every company does so. I don't think a trailer coinciding with the end of Golden Week would be terribly unusual. Especially one prepared in advance.

Golden Week seems to be a weird thing, due to its intermittent nature. They announced P4tGA during Golden Week, although that was during a day that technically wasn't a holiday (May 2nd). I don't know how big of a factor a day off would actually be, though. That November 24, 2013 event was during a Sunday, after all.

What we do know is that fitting with the "5" motif they've been using over the years, it would be a shame if May 5th, 2015 passed without anything. It's so good. Make it 5:55 PM JST for good measure.

Golden Week seems to be a weird thing, due to its intermittent nature. They announced P4tGA during Golden Week, although that was during a day that technically wasn't a holiday (May 2nd). I don't know how big of a factor a day off would actually be, though. That November 24, 2013 event was during a Sunday, after all.

What we do know is that fitting with the "5" motif they've been using over the years, it would be a shame if May 5th, 2015 passed without anything. It's so good. Make it 5:55 PM JST for good measure.

They uploaded Ultimax and Q trailers, including a PV, on the 1st and 2nd too.

I can't find any videos uploaded on the actual Golden week dates going back a few years, although that could just be coincidence. To my knowledge they only really started doing weekly trailers with Q, and the dates last year didn't coincide with trailer days.

Pointless trivia: the oldest video on Atlus's youtube channel is a Persona 4 trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilS1WofgkGM

Mitsuru Month is Over!

This was actually a huge fucking success this time. We've done a couple of these where not a lot of people participated, but this one had a BUNCH of people join in, with fan art and Q&A answers.

This was a lot of fun, we'll organise another thing like this sometime, but I think maybe doing them TOO regularly makes them lose impact.

Anyways, art dump time, apologies to people with bad connections, but everyone deserves their stuff displayed.

Vox Chaotica
Ez1PxtS.png
Aadrian1234
TurnipFritters
MudoSkills
Arue
84X
Jintor
CorvoSol
Reanimatoin
ShadowSoldier89
Caesnd
KajiGoddess
Setsu00
Antiwhippy
Heavenly_Spear
Dantis
Sakuori

Well done to everyone who participated for making this one of the best 'Character Events' we've ever done!

arue

Great job everybody~
Mitsuru Month is Over!

This was a lot of fun, we'll organise another thing like this sometime, but I think maybe doing them TOO regularly makes them lose impact.
Yeah, I think once a month is good. That way we'll have more time for more people to submit artworks and/or Q&A.

Sophia

Yeah, the whole thing is a bit unusual. Japanese law has a clause that if there's a day between two holidays, then that day also becomes a holiday. May 4th, thus, basically was an unofficial holiday until it became an official one in 2007.Also because of how it works sometimes April 30th/May 6th can become a holiday of sorts.

Most companies consider the whole week a holiday, and either take off entirely or cut back because many of it's employees go on vacation. But that doesn't mean that every company ceases operations entirely.

I do want to see something happen on May 5th myself, but that has less to do with thematic reasons and more because I just want to know more about the game itself. I'm an information hound, I GOTS to know stuff. >_>;

FluxWaveZ

The newest PQ P4 side manga chapter has Yosuke and Kanji kiss accidentally. Guessing that's something that might actually be in the game.

I do want to see something happen on May 5th myself, but that has less to do with thematic reasons and more because I just want to know more about the game itself. I'm an information hound, I GOTS to know stuff. >_>;

Heh, well as someone who obsessed over Persona news so much that he created his own website for that express purpose, I can relate. I don't want to see much more of P5 other than the release date, though.

I have this whole news schedule of all the upcoming confirmed and predicted events, too, to help with my desire for gathering info. One of these upcoming events that people haven't mentioned: May 11th, 2015 Sega Sammy Holdings Inc Earnings Release. We should hear some financial information regarding Persona on that day.

The newest PQ P4 side manga chapter has Yosuke and Kanji kiss accidentally. Guessing that's something that might actually be in the game.

It's not so much a kiss, rather an unconscious Yosuke falling face first onto Kanji's unconscious face. XD

The manga actually mimics that scene nearly perfectly.

Jachaos

Yup, same.

P4mc, p3mc, Aigis
Yukari, Yukiko.

That was my squad.

That's exactly what I used, with Aigis in the middle of the back row.

I loved PQ and didn't find it too easy, maybe because I didn't try to break the system and abuse overpowered stuff. I loved the animations/art, the music, the battles, the extra stuff we got to see of the P3 and P4 casts, the only thing I didn't like was Teddie and Akihiko's characters. Teddie is usually good for comic relief and is a much deeper and complex character than what he is in PQ. It always results in "she totally ignored me!" while Akihiko is "Protein!". But aside from that, great game.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Mitsuru Month is Over!

Thank GOD.

JK Mitsuru is pcool.

That's exactly what I used, with Aigis in the middle of the back row.

I loved PQ and didn't find it too easy, maybe because I didn't try to break the system and abuse overpowered stuff. I loved the animations/art, the music, the battles, the extra stuff we got to see of the P3 and P4 casts, the only thing I didn't like was Teddie and Akihiko's characters. Teddie is usually good for comic relief and is a much deeper and complex character than what he is in PQ. It always results in "she totally ignored me!" while Akihiko is "Protein!". But aside from that, great game.

It's certainly not too hard on normal, but the 4th dungeon was so god damn tedious that it almost made me quit playing the game. Seems like it was just padding to make the game longer than it really needed to be.

Setsu00

PSL2015 was on the same day as Butsumetsu which is considered the most unlucky day in Japan. I guess I wouldn't worry that much about Japanese holidays at this point.

CorvoSol

Man the final dungeon in Q just keeps on giving cool character moments I wasn't expecting.
Chie and Yukiko had a nice, long chat about changing for the better and mutual protection. It was maybe a little too much "hey let's state our character development" which I normally dislike, but for Chie and Yukiko, who have known each other so long, it makes sense to voice the dramatic changes their relationship has undergone.

Then there's Naoto and Teddie, talking about how their respective interactions with Mitsuru and Koromaru have inspired them to do better. Naoto's is neat and ties in well with her character in Ultimax. She basically says that seeing how bold Mitsuru is in the face of being a woman fighting corporate culture and trying to correct her company's past sins put into perspective to her how small her own struggle with sexism in the police force was. Teddie, for his part, talked about how he wanted to become manlier so he could be more like Koromaru, Koro's rescue in Evil Spirit Club having been a big influence on him. He even tracks Koro down in one of the Strolls to personally thank him for it.

Thank GOD.

JK Mitsuru is pcool.

It's certainly not too hard on normal, but the 4th dungeon was so god damn tedious that it almost made me quit playing the game. Seems like it was just padding to make the game longer than it really needed to be.
I found any large floors just to be completely unfun. The first 8 floors of the final dungeon were a lot of fun, then the last 2 sucked again

Rhapsody

Banned
DC too strong.

Mega lag on this stream for me, and no settings to change?

I don't think DC is that strong, but Mo got impatient. That unfortunate crack by doing DP after being plus after teleport by mo :(

And there's no lag for me. Which is strange since it was almost unwatchable for me for the past 2 days.

I've put PQ on the backburner for a while because I was finding the 3rd dungeon to be a bit tedious so hearing that the 4th dungeon is also tedious is worrying.

Dantis

Inspiration for your next Naoto drawing?

FUN FACT: When Dancing All Night was announced, I was going to do a set of pictures called Persona 4: Ballroom Dancing All Night of all the characters dressed in formal-wear, but as with a lot of my ideas, I never got around to it.

I've put PQ on the backburner for a while because I was finding the 3rd dungeon to be a bit tedious so hearing that the 4th dungeon is also tedious is worrying.

Yeah, the farfetched riddles in the 3rd dungeon are really annoying. At least the game solves them for you after some time.

It's just annoying that the game throws all these puzzles at you which force you to move a lot triggering random encounters. It's tedious to be interrupted all the time when i just want to solve the riddle.

FUN FACT: When Dancing All Night was announced, I was going to do a set of pictures called Persona 4: Ballroom Dancing All Night of all the characters dressed in formal-wear, but as with a lot of my ideas, I never got around to it.

If you ever get back to it, I'd like to see them.

Yeah, the farfetched riddles in the 3rd dungeon are really annoying. At least the game solves them for you after some time.

It's just annoying that the game throws all these puzzles at you which force you to move a lot triggering random encounters. It's tedious to be interrupted all the time when i just want to solve the riddle.

The puzzles in the game feel kind of all over the place, some are real simple and some are really tedious, it doesn't feel like I've hit a good middle ground for any puzzles yet. I think in the 3rd dungeon I got particularly tired of the FOE mechanics.

3rd and 4th are both tedious as hell, 3rd is worse than 4th in my opinion though

This is good to hear.

3rd is the best dungeon in the game in my opinion.

Different strokes, I guess.

This is terrifying to hear.

Sophia

The third dungeon would be a whole lot less tedious if the enemies didn't all have insane speed in addition to all the other mechanics they have. Other than that, it's probably one of the best dungeons in Persona Q.

The third dungeon would be a whole lot less tedious if the enemies didn't all have insane speed in addition to all the other mechanics they have. Other than that, it's probably one of the best dungeons in Persona Q.
the third dungeon was about the time I just abused Naoto...she was faster, and 1 shotted everything

Sophia

the third dungeon was about the time I just abused Naoto...she was faster, and 1 shotted everything

In general, I think some of the balancing design choices in the game don't adhere to the Etrain Odyssey style turn system. Which is why we get silly stuff like Naoto being able to one shot things, Teddie easily being able to abuse status effects and boost despite otherwise being junk, Yukari being an awful healer, and Aigis' Orgia mode being the very definition of Awesome, But Impractical.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Oh right, there are some enemies that have an element corruption spell that negates your resists to that element. Making you weak to it even if you aren't.

The only riddle I didn't get was the one with the schedule because I wasn't sure what the hell it was asking for,

Shauni

So, I'm kind of wondering as I play through P3P, can you start social links with any of the playable cast? I've been waiting for some kind of prompt or something, but I'm into September as of now, and nothing. One of my favorite aspects of P4 was getting to know the cast.

Sophia

So, I'm kind of wondering as I play through P3P, can you start social links with any of the playable cast? I've been waiting for some kind of prompt or something, but I'm into September as of now, and nothing. One of my favorite aspects of P4 was getting to know the cast.

If you're playing as the male protagonist, you can only start a few social links with some of the female members. Yukari, Mitsuru, Fuuka, and Aigis. Yukari and Fuuka should both be available to you now, with Aigis and Mitsuru becoming available later.

If you're playing as the female protagonist, in addition to the above four, you may also start social links with Junpei, Ken, Koromaru, Akihiko, and Shinjiro. Junpei is obtained very early on, which suggests to me you're probably playing as the male protagonist. Yukari is also obtainable much sooner when playing as the female protagonist.

Persona 3 in general handles it's social links a bit differently from Persona 4. The female protagonist social links in turn benefit from the improved writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom