• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- announced for Arcade

Zissou

Cross posting from FGW thread:

Ho-chan via twitter said:
@hc0519: so new Xrd seems to be
- no balance tune for existing characters
- developed with concept of “expansion” by adding new system and characters

@hc0519: new systems confirmed so far are
- follow attack (new move?) from blitz shield activation
- spend burst to buff super (EX super?)

Qvoth

http://ggxrd.com/rev_ac/img/pdf/ggxrd_rev_playingmanual.pdf
throw breaks (called throw clash) are in! it says it happens when both players try to grab at the same time

burst overdrives commands are the same except with the D button, not all ODs will have this extra mode
uses 50% tension and full burst

seems like using blitz shield (when connects) increases your tension and burst gauge a bit
regarding the blitz attack, seems like if you hold HS, your BS is upgraded to this version and when you let go of HS the attack will happen, costs 25% tension

jack-o' seems like a trap character ala testament

burst overdrives commands are the same except with the D button, not all ODs will have this extra mode
uses 50% tension and full burst

I think the only exception I saw is that Elphelt's super, which is already done with the dust button, command is reversed.

raven777

LightArtisticAsp.gif

Loketest info.

More info.

Source

Jack-O'
- Ghost bags "level up" according to how long they stay on screen but spend more ghost gauge accordingly.
- Overhead and strike throw both look slow
- Organ's explosion explodes both bags and ghosts
- All of Jack O's Minions disappear if she gets hit
- 5HS first hit has jump cancel
- 2HS last hit has jump cancel
- 6P > 5S > aerial combo > strike throw is a thing (melty BLOOD)
- Wasn't mentioned in the loketest pdf but she has a 6HS
- Rushdown attack (2D) is slow but has invul

Source

Jack-O
Short reach in her normals
5HS looks like some capoeira move
She has a ghost icon for each one of hers above her Tension gauge; can't setup same ghost until icon refills
S Ghost summons a floating ghost, no idea about P and K
4D strike throw is used in combos
3HS is a sweep; no cancels
Ghost gauge takes quite a while to fill

Source

Jack-O:
2S' reach is so short you can't even connect 2K > 2S point blank
P Ghost is a floating sword ghost
6K is a short jump 2 hit kick downwards; no idea if overhead or low
K Ghost is a walking spear ghost
j.HS looks like one of KoF's Kula's moves. Can crossup.
After ghosts come out of bag, even if you pick up the bags they stay summoned; bags can stay summoned for as long as gauge lasts
Also some stuff for existing characters he tweeted

Ram
- They changed something about Ram's sword setup

Leo
- Damage output nerfs

Bedman
- Air Task B has less untech time apparently

Elphelt
- low airdash j.P > j.HS doesn't work.
- Less defense rate.

Dang! Xrd continues to amaze me. I really like her character design, it's so unique. Her move animations are just, stunning! (Love that standing idle animation.) If she plays anything like Testament, that'll be cool, I always enjoy playing as him.

Can't wait to try her out. I hope we don't have to wait too long for this version's console release.

Cross posting from FGW thread:
@hc0519: so new Xrd seems to be
- no balance tune for existing characters
- developed with concept of “expansion” by adding new system and characters

I wonder if this means it'll be DLC for Xrd on consoles. Wary of buying the game off European PSN if it could be made obsolete quite soon.

Chev

First: I still can't believe this is 3D.

Second: I still can't believe this is Unreal 3...or even Unreal at all.

Well, the greatest takeaway from all the informations they've given about the artstyle is that it's all old technology, what it really needed to get there was a strong art direction and effort.

Qvoth

so there's a new system for dust forward follow up, you can do it even from mid screen now, it will act like CH fafnir, and it's normal cancellable so someone said you can do 5HS 5HS 5HS for example
the new blitz attack will make the opponent into a new crumpling state?
acho will do a tourney on sunday, old characters+ johnny and jack-o' only if i'm not mistaken, hopefully will have a stream

88random

It really looks amazing, even more now that the graphics got an update.
Also characters now have battle damage, like scratches and dirt on the clothes.

Some stuff from that Famitsu article, translated by Dustloop users:

Last page of the Famitsu article has an interview with Daisuke and he drops some info bits.
- Johnny was the most requested character, so they decided to add him.
- Jack-O' is imaged after a toy box. It's cute and has all sorts of cool stuff popping out from it. Jack-O' is a character series has yet to see.
- Elphelt brought elements from FPS-games. Jack-O' brings elements from RTS-games.
- Updates on the graphics:
Shaders on the characters have been changed.
Rim light has been added (a light to ensure the character's borderlines stand out)
Contrast and colors on a character changes in different stages.
"Point light source" has also been added (Gunflame shines in a dark stage and when it hits the opponent they also start to shine from the flames)
- Would like to hold as many loketests as possible. Listening to people's opinion and adjusting just once doesn't necessarily lead to a good result.
- REVELATOR's story starts after the events of SIGN's story mode. "Merciless Apocalypse" finally makes its move...
- REVELATOR's story is supposed to settle everything else than the fight between "That Man"

Tizoc

Is Jack-O supposed to be 'trolling'? I'm not liking how she's so cheerful :V

- REVELATOR's story starts after the events of SIGN's story mode. "Merciless Apocalypse" finally makes its move...
- REVELATOR's story is supposed to settle everything else than the fight between "That Man"

Uh...what do mean by that last part? Is it intended to resolve the That Man stuff or will it just lead into the That Man stuff and simply finish up the story for Xrd?

Slaythe

They JUST rebalanced all the old characters dont complain. ...

Plus console version is at least getting 4 characters as usual. Dizzy and an original char.

I find it hard to believe Ky isnt being updated given the new powers he showed in story mode at the end...

Tizoc

They JUST rebalanced all the old characters dont complain. ...

Plus console version is at least getting 4 characters as usual. Dizzy and an original char.

So 2 more characters? Wonder if the 4th one will be one of the metal masked groups or
Raven!

Also make Pot's Cr. S like XX AC+R damnit!

I think Daisuke is implying that Xrd story is a trilogy

Oh so the 3rd part of Xrd will finish off the whole That Man hunt?

Hag

Yeah that was what I thought when I was reading that quote. Apocalypse shit starting and what not

I just guessing though, he never said that

Slaythe

So 2 more characters? Wonder if the 4th one will be one of the metal masked groups or
Raven!

Also make Pot's Cr. S like XX AC+R damnit!

Oh so the 3rd part of Xrd will finish off the whole That Man hunt?

Seems to be the idea.

I dont like dlc but hey, the game BOMBED.

Given how insane it looks, it is the most beautifully crafted game i have ever seen.

Gotta help them.

Ideally , arcade would be jack o and Johnny and one boss (maybe masked tentacle guy from pachinko), console would have those plus one character ( dizzy )

Hopefully two dlc characters. Even tho they mentioned not wanting to make the old cast dlc.

As i said, Ky also HAS to be changed given the gigantic spoiler at the end of SIGN. Afraid he might be a new version entirely if they dont update him.

Also, so far, all designs and characters have been close (not identical) to the pachinko designs.

Dizzy and Johnny were there, as well as Jam and Bridget. So i d say they are the two next candidates.

Only missing robit ky baiken and testament and it d be amazing. For part 3 .

88random

I'm pretty sure there will be at least two new characters by the time we get the console version. Zappa is a lock and the second could be a new character.

Tizoc

Seems to be the idea.

I dont like dlc but hey, the game BOMBED.

Given how insane it looks, it is the most beautifully crafted game i have ever seen.

Gotta help them.

Ideally , arcade would be jack o and Johnny and one boss (maybe masked tentacle guy from pachinko), console would have those plus one character ( dizzy )

Hopefully two dlc characters. Even tho they mentioned not wanting to make the old cast dlc.

As i said, Ky also HAS to be changed given the gigantic spoiler at the end of SIGN. Afraid he might be a new version entirely if they dont update him.

Also, so far, all designs and characters have been close (not identical) to the pachinko designs.

Dizzy and Johnny were there, as well as Jam and Bridget. So i d say they are the two next candidates.

Only missing robit ky baiken and testament and it d be amazing. For part 3 .

It didn't do well on PS4/PS3?! THat's a shame, wonder why not many PS4 owners got it =/ See this is why you need an 'easy input' mode for all fighting games now.

impact

Banned
It didn't do well on PS4/PS3?! THat's a shame, wonder why not many PS4 owners got it =/ See this is why you need an 'easy input' mode for all fighting games now.

Consoles are dead in Japan and no one outside of Japan (maybe even in Japan?) really cares about anime fighters. Yea you can link Persona sales but that game sold to Persona fans, not fighting game fans.

At least that's my take on it. MKX sold very well so it's not like PS4 people aren't buying fighting games.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
The poor sales are the reason I wonder if this is going to be a DLC update and not a new disc / SKU. Can't see how Arc can keep doing that while their market shrinks.

All that talk about engine tweaks pretty much confirms even more than that the game won't be DLC for Sign owners.

Which seems like they added for Revelator, actually.

Laconic

Banned
Nothing gives better incentive for pumping out another $60 quantum leap iteration, quite like utterly abysmal failure levels of sales of the first version [of something].

Arcsys has this whole "supply & demand" thing on lock.

Top Bottom