• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 has "wet weather, 3D puddles and night races" + more

Bobnob

I think we have over 50 cars to be announced that are totally new to the Forza series, Helios, am i right ? i'm sure i've heard this. : )

And whats with my download, theres no history of it in my settings>> bandwith usage, so i uninstalled it yesterday, today i re -installed it and it was done in like 10 seconds 44GB, feels wrong ???

SarBear

I have to find a good way to record on the XB1. The Xbox Record feature has a 5 min length limit, so that won't work. I tried to record a stream on Twitch, but the quality was garbage, so I am currently looking for a nice, stand alone capture device. There are a few options, I just need to grab one.

But FUCK YES I want to do it again. It was a blast to do. Maybe we can get Zorbs to create another intro for me.

It was so much fun doing those runs with you. Cockpit (which is weird because (spoiler)
I normally drive chase cam
), bone stock cars, one run for better or worse, and knowing I had to push every single corner to make this work was exhilarating.

Every corner knowing I have to push for faster entrance angle and exit speeds, watching my traction around each down hill section after high rpm, cutting each apex perfectly just to squeeze tenths of a second, and above all making the ride entertaining and heart pounding for potential viewers. Man, I'm excited to give the fans a fucking show.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Hell yes. How about the MK1 and MK3 GT40s too?

I honestly think we need the MK I and MK IV at the very least as they both won the 24 hours of Le Mans.

I also think it's silly that Forza has featured the Ferrari 330 P4 but not the GT-40 MK-IV which competed against it.

xDSnnwo.jpg
KxxLGio.jpg

1967 Le Mans still remains the only all-American win in Le Mans history with American drivers, team, chassis, engine and tires.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Helios, please tell whoever is modeling the cars to fix the goddamn door handles on the Dodge Challengers and make it retroactive to Horizon 2 pls.

Lima

Is there any way to contact someone regarding Forza reward score updates Helios? I'm only missing 6 points and that is because FH2: F&F didn't register one of the achievements for some reason. It even says I unlocked all the achievements but the gamerscore rewards score is only at 194/200.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
The most exciting thing for me regarding FM6 is the potential with a Shannons sponsered car pack.

That said, if they really have removed the XB coupe again just so they can charge money for it again I will be quite angry....

MouldyK

Is there any way to contact someone regarding Forza reward score updates Helios? I'm only missing 6 points and that is because FH2: F&F didn't register one of the achievements for some reason. It even says I unlocked all the achievements but the gamerscore rewards score is only at 194/200.

Doubt it. I've had Forza 3 saying I've had 950/1,000 Gamerscore for a year and I clearly have 1,000/1,000 as said on the Xbox Website and my profile for Xbox.

saladine1

The most exciting thing for me regarding FM6 is the potential with a Shannons sponsered car pack.

That said, if they really have removed the XB coupe again just so they can charge money for it again I will be quite angry....
Well, we know that Australian Muscle Car Sales is working with Turn 10. In what capacity, im not sure. But I'd guess that they were responsible for setting up the devs with any requested cars for audio, visual..etc capture. All this based on the fact that Turn 10 are indeed adding our beloved heritage to the game of course.
But I have no doubt that they are. And if all these hints turn out not to be true (Shannons, Australian Muscle Cars Sales, Badned's hints..etc) then God help whoever gets in my path of vengeance and furious anger....

Klocker

An easy way to buy cheap cars in Forza 5 for the collectors bonus is to buy the Acura RSX. When going into buy cars, just press RB twice and it is already highlighted. Only $17,000. I needed 129 cars to make 300 and it only cost just over 2 million.

Has T10 mentioned anything about foggy weather?

Worked great thanks. Snapped TV to the side and knocked these out... now have 12 cars and 11.1 million waiting in F6....

On to Horizon 2

terrible

Banned

I'm missing 10 points from the F&F board collection. Luckily I'm super far from tier 8 anyway so those 10 points don't matter.

15 million and a bunch of cars are coming my way for Forza 6. I like it.

AristoCat

I don't believe this has been posted yet :
Tracklist with weather and night :

condition_meteo.jpg

So, only 7 tracks have rain, 6 night, and four of them both.

Grassy

Won't be much sense of progression that way.

Even if you start with 25 million credits, you can still play through Career mode as per usual. I usually find it takes too long to get the cars I want, so I'm stoked I can buy whatever car I want from the get-go.
I'll be free to use any car I want to hot-lap, tune, take photos, work on designs etc. as that's what I like to do first of all in these games. The racing will come later :p

Mascot

condition_meteo.jpg

That's rather disappointing - for some reason I thought all tracks had day, night or wet, but that none had wet night races. Didn't realise the options were so limited. Wonder if more wet or night versions will be released as DLC? Turn 10 really need to try to get proper global illumination system into FM7 to stop having to pre-bake each scene separately. It must create an awful lot of work, and only gives a compromised solution.

Noobcraft

I would love to see Global Illumination/fluid physics (water pooling, rain, clouds/skyboxes, etc) offloaded to azure. Those things aren't really latency dependant and can really add to the experience.

I don't know that they could achieve a solid 60 fps otherwise.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

I don't know why, it took a while for that to register for me, but after about two weeks, it finally did. I'm guessing it's the smash billboards one?

I'm having a similar issue with FH1, where I am not getting credit for the DLC when I bought the season pass for $5 a couple weeks ago. Downloaded a bunch of the packs and nothing.

That's rather disappointing - for some reason I thought all tracks had day, night or wet, but that none had wet night races. Didn't realise the options were so limited. Wonder if more wet or night versions will be released as DLC? Turn 10 really need to try to get proper global illumination system into FM7 to stop having to pre-bake each scene separately. It must create an awful lot of work, and only gives a compromised solution.

They said that night only took place on tracks where night racing occurred at E3.

Shame that it will be out like 3 weeks later :(

Yeah. It sucks. Give us something to look forward to at least.

I don't know why, it took a while for that to register for me, but after about two weeks, it finally did. I'm guessing it's the smash billboards one?

I had the same problem with F&F billboards and Forza Rewards. One day I loaded it up to mess around with Dom's Charger, and the next day Rewards updated correctly.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Goddamnit, weather and time of day modes are pretty limited. What's their reasoning for not including rain and night on all tracks? That some of those tracks wouldn't hold races in conditions other than dry day?
That's a pretty bullshit reason if so.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Goddamnit, weather and time of day modes are pretty limited. What's their reasoning for not including rain and night on all tracks? That some of those tracks wouldn't hold races in conditions other than dry day?
That's a pretty bullshit reason if so.

The way it's being done requires new assets for all the different conditions unlike games that use dynamic conditions.

Wonder if they will add more ToD to tracks in patches after launch.

GHG

condition_meteo.jpg

So they have Monza in but we can't race it at night or in the rain? Makes no sense to me.

I get why Yas Marina wouldn't have rain - it never rains here. But the decisions for some of the other tracks is questionable to say the least.

Just put a dynamic system in place for this series already please. It's ridiculous that in 2015 they are pre-baking everything into a game as big as this.

MouldyK

Where is that image from?

Edit: Has anyone got a 'checklist' off all the things to complete pre-launch to get maximum cars/credits?

Here:
TIER REWARD CARS

Here’s the full list:
Tier 2: 2015 BMW M235i
Tier 3: 2012 Nissan GT-R Black Edition
Tier 4: 2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe
Tier 5: 2014 Aston Martin V12 Vantage S
Tier 6: 2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4
Tier 7: 2014 Ferrari #62 Risi Competizione 458 Italia GTLM
Tier 8: 2014 Audi #2 Audi Team Joest R18 e-tron quattro

GAME REWARD CARS

Forza Motorsport 4: 2009 Ford Focus RS
Forza Motorsport 5: 2013 Ford Shelby GT500
Forza Horizon 2: 2013 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Shelby

VIP REWARD CARS

Forza Motorsport 5 VIP: 2013 Ferrari LaFerrari
Forza Horizon 2 VIP: 2011 Koenigsegg Agera

CAR COLLECTOR BONUS
Finally, you will also receive an in-game credits bonus for the number of cars in your garage in each of the following titles on Xbox 360: Forza Motorsport 3, Forza Motorsport 4, Forza Horizon, and on Xbox One: Forza Motorsport 5 and Forza Horizon 2.

For each game with 50 - 199 cars in your garage, you’ll receive 100,000 in-game credits.
For each game with 200 - 299 cars in your garage, you’ll receive 1,000,000 in-game credits.
For each game with 300 or more cars in your garage, you’ll receive 5,000,000 in-game credits.

That’s as many as 25,000,000 in-game credits to start your Forza Motorsport 6 career!

etta

my hard graphic balls
The way it's being done requires new assets for all the different conditions unlike games that use dynamic conditions.

Wonder if they will add more ToD to tracks in patches after launch.
Yea, I suppose if they had three years, maybe they would've had more modes. Hopefully they do release them as DLC, and make it free or ridiculously cheap.

GHG

Yea, I suppose if they had three years, maybe they would've had more modes. Hopefully they do release them as DLC, and make it free or ridiculously cheap.

If they charge for track conditions being added I'm officially out.

MouldyK

On the bright-side, Forza 5 Launched with 14 Tracks, later having a total of 17.

Forza 6 is starting with with 26 Tracks, with a total of 39 TOD Variants...AT LAUNCH!

That's almost 3 times as much as TOD Variants as Forza 5 had at launch.

My main gripe is still no Reverse Tracks, that would also maybe even double the amount of Course Variants.

Mascot

On the bright-side, Forza 5 Launched with 14 Tracks, later having a total of 17.

Forza 6 is starting with with 26 Tracks, with a total of 39 TOD Variants...AT LAUNCH!

My main gripe is still no Reverse Tracks, that would also maybe even double the amount of Course Variants.

No reverse tracks at all? Even for the fantasy tracks?

cakely

condition_meteo.jpg

That's kind of what I expected for a game with pre-baked lighting. I expect we'll get other lighting and weather variations of tracks with DLC, free or otherwise.

Top Bottom