• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 has "wet weather, 3D puddles and night races" + more

You might want to re-read my post. I never claimed there was a pre-release demo of FM5, I said I thought there was a demo (which I'm probably wrong about). Demos often come out after a game's release.

And yes, there definitely was a pre-release demo of FM2. I played the hell out of it. I also definitely had an FM demo on disc from a magazine but can't remember if that was pre-or post-release.

Well if the discussion was about a demo being released soon, a post release demo wouldn't be pertinent to the conversation
:p

ST3K3LLY

Banned
Assetto corsa is what every game should Base their force feedback on, I have my tx on 540 degrees of rotation generally and it's feedback and car control is definitely better than project cars but not as good as assetto corsa. I watched a video on tuning in forza 5 and the guy could sort out the steering issues in 5 with the spinning out due to opposite lock and what not but I think he was also using a pad plus hardly a fix for issues associated with the forza franchise.

I've got the ultimate edition pre ordered so I'm definitely not bothered how it will feel as I'll be enjoying it come release day.

Azzawon

Looks like GAME (UK) have a 'Limited Edition' listing for Forza 6. Don't worry guys, this is all you get as an extra:

Forza6Tee.jpg

Link here - £52.99 and is basically the standard copy with a t-shirt.

The 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat is also included as a preorder bonus but is not limited to this version of the game.

OrangeOak

This is how it has always been with Forza Motorsport series. Some great improvements from one game to the next, but still falling short from making a true racing sim. It is one series that I always look forward to every 2 years and one that I buy on day one and enjoy immensely, but there usually is always something that falls flat for me.

Qualifying, Race Set up for length etc, On-Line time compression so that you can make a 10 lap race that makes you tire wear and fuel something to consider within those 10 laps and finally functional pit stops. For Pit Stops, it has progressively gotten worse with each title, the original game had the best of the series and has gone down hill.

Still love the series and still will buy the series, but wish they would really go for the full on with the features and ability for users to change things like mentioned above.

Yes I agree and it is the same for me, especially the bolded. This is series that I always buy day one and enjoy it but there is always some detail that I can't stop think of that would make it so much better or more "immersive". Worst part is that it's almost always some small thing that I would think would be pretty easy to implement.
Even with that weird lack of grip and sensitive driving model I like Forza 5 and for me it's my favorite Forza game though (ok maybe tied with 4).

Assetto corsa is what every game should Base their force feedback on, I have my tx on 540 degrees of rotation generally and it's feedback and car control is definitely better than project cars but not as good as assetto corsa. I watched a video on tuning in forza 5 and the guy could sort out the steering issues in 5 with the spinning out due to opposite lock and what not but I think he was also using a pad plus hardly a fix for issues associated with the forza franchise.

I've got the ultimate edition pre ordered so I'm definitely not bothered how it will feel as I'll be enjoying it come release day.

It would be really great as this is one of the best and most fun racing games that I played.
It also shows that even games that are not that rich in content can be really addictive and fun if content is really solid.
AC spoiled me.

Hype seems to be as low as Forza's grip, but re: FM6 Porsche expansion:

BADNED said:
Be patient all will be announced in due time. It will top the FM4 one for sure. ;)

FM4 had, what, ~30 Porkers? Considering the hotness FH2 managed to cram into a 10-car pack, and even counting the inevitable duplicates, the FM6 roster is going to be, well... fuck me.

Good thing I have until 2016 to stock up on Kleenex.

Lug Nuts

Banned
Hype seems to be as low as Forza's grip, but re: FM6 Porsche expansion:

FM4 had, what, ~30 Porkers? Considering the hotness FH2 managed to cram into a 10-car pack, and even counting the inevitable duplicates, the FM6 roster is going to be, well... fuck me.

Good thing I have until 2016 to stock up on Kleenex.

Most of those were GT3 cup cars ;) I really hope they just give us one of each of those models.

AristoCat

That's a weird picture, like the driver has their left hand on the wheel and head down in the passenger footwell looking for something.

He is looking on his left. Zoom and you will properly see it. But yeah at first glance the shadows and lights make it look like he is looking down on the right.

Lima

Well my Forza 3 garage is now approximately filled with 200 Acura RSX Type-S to fill it up for the loyalty rewards. Checked Forza 4 and I also only have 89 cars on there. Same thing with Forza 5. Despite having played over 1000 hours only 80 cars. Never really realized how little of the car pool I actually use in these games.

Mascot

Have there been any shots of different ToD on the same circuits yet? Interested to see how different lighting conditions look. I think the moody and oppressive pre-storm sky at Silverstone in FM3 (or was it FM2?) is still one of my favourites.

I haven't dragged my TX downstairs, so haven't used it on FM5. However from playing Asseto, Project Cars and Dirt Rally, I thought the done thing was to have the when set on 900 degrees, then each car type has a steering rotation lock limit. Say a F1 car has a 370 deg lock, a Touring car may have 540 etc.

Shouldn't FM5 be the same? Or is it like F1 2015, where I have to change to 370 deg in the settings for the wheel, or it's unplayable.

SarBear

They have taken it down now, but FM.net did have the achievement list up briefly. I have added it below:

[SPOILERExtremely Tame Cheevos....[/SPOILER]

Man, those achievements are really tame. :-/

SHORTT, are we doing something similar as we did with Forza 4 with 50 days of Green Hell? I'm totally up for it again, and I'll be devoting as much time as i can with Forza 6. Well, after i get back from Florida on the 16th. :(

Man, those achievements are really tame. :-/

SHORTT, are we doing something similar as we did with Forza 4 with 50 days of Green Hell? I'm totally up for it again, and I'll be devoting as much time as i can with Forza 6. Well, after i get back from Florida on the 16th. :(

I have to find a good way to record on the XB1. The Xbox Record feature has a 5 min length limit, so that won't work. I tried to record a stream on Twitch, but the quality was garbage, so I am currently looking for a nice, stand alone capture device. There are a few options, I just need to grab one.

But FUCK YES I want to do it again. It was a blast to do. Maybe we can get Zorbs to create another intro for me.

I have to find a good way to record on the XB1. The Xbox Record feature has a 5 min length limit, so that won't work.

I don't know how much time you need, but I think the XB1 Game DVR can record up to 25 minutes snapped, and the snap requirement is probably going away with the UI overhaul.

I don't know how much time you need, but I think the XB1 Game DVR can record up to 25 minutes snapped, and the snap requirement is probably going away with the UI overhaul.

Really? But isn't the upload limit still 5 minutes? I need to upload it so I can edit it for my YouTube channel.

frontieruk

Via Game DVR I can only see upto 5 minutes, either using the End or Start option

I'm in the Preview so it may be a new introduction if people weren't using the longer times...

Yeah. But it'll actually record past 5 all the way to 25. At least that's the way it used to be. Admittedly, I haven't used the feature in a while.

Well my Forza 3 garage is now approximately filled with 200 Acura RSX Type-S to fill it up for the loyalty rewards. Checked Forza 4 and I also only have 89 cars on there. Same thing with Forza 5. Despite having played over 1000 hours only 80 cars. Never really realized how little of the car pool I actually use in these games.

same. I have always played this series as finding a handful of cars, maybe 2 or 3 in each broad class, and just tune and refine those cars over and over until they are locked in.

Like, for FM4 I only used the same Ferrari 355 Challenge in A-Class for hundreds of hours. I get my C-class main, B-class, main, A-class main, An S-Class, and completely ignore anything above or below that.

Plus, I pick obscure cars and try to make them competitive...Lotus Carltons, Eagle Talons, Fiat 124s, E30 M3, stuff like that. I stay away from the common racers.

So i have thousands of hours...and just barely 50 cars across the entire series.

Castaway

same. I have always played this series as finding a handful of cars, maybe 2 or 3 in each broad class, and just tune and refine those cars over and over until they are locked in.

Like, for FM4 I only used the same Ferrari 355 Challenge in A-Class for hundreds of hours. I get my C-class main, B-class, main, A-class main, An S-Class, and completely ignore anything above or below that.

Plus, I pick obscure cars and try to make them competitive...Lotus Carltons, Eagle Talons, Fiat 124s, E30 M3, stuff like that. I stay away from the common racers.

So i have thousands of hours...and just barely 50 cars across the entire series.

It's not how many cars you own that makes such a massive selection such an important part of Forza, it's the fact that no matter what kind of car you're into, Forza's probably got it, or something really close. Nobody comes close to Forza's diversity of manufacturers or models.

FordGTGuy

Banned
26 weather modes?

Chinese gaming website has an interview with Forza 6 producer, Chris Bishop. Some new information below.

1.There are 26 weather mode in Forza 6. Sunny day, Rainy day, Cloudy day, Windy day, etc.

2.Kinect support limited to voice control.

3.Close interactions between studios, so exploration on Hololens application is definitely going on.

4.The game has been optimized for Elite controller, player will find more in the new app.

The original link to the Chinese article: http://www.g-cores.com/articles/15828

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/3gzq4v/there_are_26_weather_mode_in_forza_6_hololens/

MouldyK

- 11,925/12,000 Points.

- 25 Million CR waiting.

- 11 Cars Waiting (Forza 5 VIP Missing).

I'm done! Halo 1-4 on Heroic Difficulty next maybe! (Not good enough for Legendary).

Gek54

It still sounds like these "stints" are nothing more than separate races. If only they could take a snapshot of the track when you pit and transition to night or rain that would be far easier to chew.

It's not how many cars you own that makes such a massive selection such an important part of Forza, it's the fact that no matter what kind of car you're into, Forza's probably got it, or something really close. Nobody comes close to Forza's diversity of manufacturers or models.
Oh, yeah that is exactly my point. I was saying I won't get close to those bonuses because I pick only a few of the cars and stick with them.

I love the selection of cars in this series, and I am happy if the mainline series focuses in even more on pure racing cars, and leaves the trucks and obscure vans and such to Horizon.

All good imo.

willbsn13

Well there's 26 tracks with each having various time of day or rain, some with both...so it might just mean that?

True. It talks about having different conditions like sunny day, rainy day, cloudy day, windy day. What he probably meant to say was "there are 26 locations with different conditions on some like sunny day, rainy day, cloudy day etc." rather than "there are 26 different types of weather conditions".

Or he misheard Chris Bishop in the interview, and thought he said 26 different types of weather, when he actually was talking about environments.

An easy way to buy cheap cars in Forza 5 for the collectors bonus is to buy the Acura RSX. When going into buy cars, just press RB twice and it is already highlighted. Only $17,000. I needed 129 cars to make 300 and it only cost just over 2 million.

Has T10 mentioned anything about foggy weather?

Arlen777

An easy way to buy cheap cars in Forza 5 for the collectors bonus is to buy the Acura RSX. When going into buy cars, just press RB twice and it is already highlighted. Only $17,000. I needed 129 cars to make 300 and it only cost just over 2 million.

Has T10 mentioned anything about foggy weather?

Hahha, damn, and i bought 132 Egles, that are further away than just 2 RB's, but they are only 16,000$

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Most of those were GT3 cup cars ;) I really hope they just give us one of each of those models.

I'm hoping for the 2015 911 race car, the 911 GT1 street version, the 919 race car that won at Le Mans this year, and all the Porsches from the Horizon 2 and F4 expansions.

Top Bottom