• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

imBask

Banned
iEPnOTM.png

what a bunch of hackfrauds, i'm not paying $60 for a t-shirt

Every time the guys at RLM release a video of them trying to push their merchandise, I worry that they're low on cash, which is why their releases seem to slow at times.
I really hope that is not the case.
But just in case it is, I'm going to send them a few $$ their way this weekend.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Every time the guys at RLM release a video of them trying to push their merchandise, I worry that they're low on cash, which is why their releases seem to slow at times.
I really hope that is not the case.
But just in case it is, I'm going to send them a few $$ their way this weekend.

I think they're doing just fine

Rich and Jack said in their last stream the next Wednesday stream will be Mad Max and the next Pre-Rec episode will be MGS5.
I can already see them hating on the game. >_<

Shy

Just frinedly reminder my lovely hack-frauds, there will be no stream today.
Rich and Jack said in their last stream the next Wednesday stream will be Mad Max and the next Pre-Rec episode will be MGS5.
I can already see them hating on the game
. >_<
I think rich might like the gameplay.

komplanen

If Jack somehow manages to "learn" how to play MGS5, I will eat my socks. As said above, he will not listen to any conversations or watch any tutorials and yet complain how hard the game is. Wouldn't be the first time he's done it and most certainly won't be the last.

Rich will figure shit out but will of course be turned off by the story.

Shy

If Jack somehow manages to "learn" how to play MGS5, I will eat my socks. As said above, he will not listen to any conversations or watch any tutorials and yet complain how hard the game is. Wouldn't be the first time he's done it and most certainly won't be the last.
My friend who got the game early got stuck on the first mission where you need to find Kaz, even though there's a giant yellow marker showing you where he is. So i had to show him, even though i've never played the game before.

Then the next day, he came back saying he was stuck on the third mission, because he wasn't paying attention.

I really think he would like the stealth in this game, like you said though, he will be put off by the story.

I was going to give him my free copy of Ground Zeroes to see if he liked it. but i think he's pissed of at me the mo (just when i thought i was getting him to like me), so i don't want to push it.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
it seems like an odd choice for them to do MGS5, personally. i dont know what sort of frame of reference theyre going to have since they probably didnt play 4, and most likely didnt play the PSP games...

ElTopo

Banned

So, he's DSP is what you're saying?

Wes Craven died today, and there was talk a little bit ago about them doing a commentary for Nightmare on Elm Street. I guess we can assume that's in the future since Jay has been tweeting a lot about Nightmare on Elm Street today.

I'm not a horror movie fan, and certainly not the kind that Wes Craven brought into the mainstream, but his talent and influence are undeniable.

RIP

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I feel like they'll probably like the gameplay stuff from MGS5, but hate all the story. Especially since they seem to be going in fresh.

Haven't seen the movie, but I've been put off by realistic violence in slapstick comedies for a while (I made a thread about this after seeing Spy where they
linger over acid burning a live man's throat
and... I don't know if it was supposed to be played for laughs or fear, and neither way works).

I loved Mike's reading of the tweets this episode. Kind of surprised they didn't go see Sinister 2 for Mike's weird ghost fetish.

Also, as far as "original" movies, they are held to a higher standard. More people would rather see a crappy comic book movie than gamble on seeing something they don't know very much about. Things break out and exceptions prove the rule, but it's been this way for at least two decades now.

Someone should tell the screen writer to watch the trailer for his movie and he'll understand why nobody wanted to see it. Personally I saw the trailers and all I got out of it was that it was some weird mix of spy movie and stoner comedy of which the later does nothing for me and the former is only interesting if it's Bond or Bourne which I guess makes me #partoftheproblem

Sanjuro

Haven't seen the movie, but I've been put off by realistic violence in slapstick comedies for a while (I made a thread about this after seeing Spy where they
linger over acid burning a live man's throat
and... I don't know if it was supposed to be played for laughs or fear, and neither way works).

I loved Mike's reading of the tweets this episode. Kind of surprised they didn't go see Sinister 2 for Mike's weird ghost fetish.

Also, as far as "original" movies, they are held to a higher standard. More people would rather see a crappy comic book movie than gamble on seeing something they don't know very much about. Things break out and exceptions prove the rule, but it's been this way for at least two decades now.

It's an interesting concept, but it doesn't have the appeal or actors to reach a large demo. The movie itself gravitates towards a Dude, Where's My Car? plot more than attempting to be anything like Bourne films.

Not a terrible film, just confusing trying to see what they wanted to do.

He backtracked and said it was a good review for Jurassic World, not Hobbit. Which technically was Mike only, not Jay but whatever.

Still dumb.

Top Bottom