• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAD MAX |OT| Beyond Thunderpoon

Polygon's issue with the "female lead" is that she's a "damsel in distress" and not like the female lead of Fury Road

Dear Polygon....this isn't based on Fury Road

Phionoxx

Sitting here and keep closing Steam and re-opening it, hoping it will unlock. 20 minutes late so far. Hopefully they flip the switch soon!

Polygon's issue with the "female lead" is that she's a "damsel in distress" and not like the female lead of Fury Road

Dear Polygon....this isn't based on Fury Road

I really have no problem with someone being a damsel in distress for story purposes. It's fine. Tropes exist because there is an audience that likes them.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sitting here and keep closing Steam and re-opening it, hoping it will unlock. 20 minutes late so far. Hopefully they flip the switch soon!

Completed pre-loads decrypt automatically. Steam runs a check every five minutes.

All of you guys who bit on PC are making me sad that I have to wait until 11 for my Xbox One version to unlock.

'Tis quite a sad feel.

An 8 would be the perfect score imo. I'm enjoying the side activities more than in any Ubisoft game. They are nothing special but ressources are scarce, so these missions make sense (so far).

Starfield

Your compressed package that you preloaded is being unpacked and decrypted so you can play it.

wow...

2986cfcb0f.png

why does it take that long ._.

addyb

Had 2 hours on it. Its good but not great from what I've played. Nothing particularly bad about it. Visually looks good and the combat is solid. Car mayhem is the best, feels great ploughing into someone and wrecking them. Early impressions are it's a 7/10 but that's based on 2 hours play. I'd say at this early stage if you enjoyed mordor you should get on with this.

It's solid good fun but doesn't feel special if that makes any sense. Still looking forward to delving into it more tomorrow :)

pelican

so far the reviews are averaging a 7 and the expected range was between 7-8...not seeing the big deal

It isn't a big deal as reviews mean nothing.

Reviews are simply the opinion of 10-12 people who happen to be paid to write about games. This doesn't mean they are better informed than anyone else.

meanwhile in the US for the PC Version...

"Pre-load Complete"

sigh

It isn't a big deal as reviews mean nothing.

Reviews are simply the opinion of 10-12 people who happen to be paid to write about games. This doesn't mean they are better informed than anyone else.

I honestly couldn't care less about reviews. Everything I've seen about the game from streams and information released has me wanting to play it. Also the impressions here on GAF from members who have had the chance to play early have been positive.

I went ahead and bought it digitally just now. I had a bunch of credit from various deals so it didn't really cost me anything from my paycheck. I loved what I saw in videos and I actually love Batman style combat. I'm not that big on Ubisoft style quest design but so long as the core gameplay is fun, it won't matter. I often ignore quests in open world games and just randomly kill things sometimes and have fun even if I'm not really accomplishing anything in the game. If it turns out I don't like it as much as I thought I would, oh well. But the reviews read off in such a way that I don't distrust what I've seen so far. They may end up being right but nothing in print seems to be setting off any alarms right now.

Top Bottom