• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes September 8th

Gurish

PS4:
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3
Until Dawn
Helldivers: Super-Earth Ultimate Edition

XB1:
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
Rare Replay

Multi:
Toy Soldiers: War Chest
Dishonored Definitive Edition
Madden NFL 16

Thanks, so like I thought it's mostly UD vs Gears this month if we are talking about games that might move consoles.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
No I mean 1 hour and 30 minutes :p

99564-Leonardo-Dicaprio-crying-gif-G-EZef.gif

Thanks, so like I thought it's mostly UD vs Gears this month if we are talking about games that might move consoles.
Gears should have sold more than Until dawn in software for sure.
The big question is if the gears fans now bought the console this month or already had one since MCC.
I can imagine that until dawn moved consoles because it was unique and also the first big "play-a-movie" game of this gen à la heavy rain.

Gurish

Madden....?

It's like the third iteration this gen, why would anyone who is interested in this franchise wouldn't buy a next gen console by now?

Is there something special with Madden 16 specifically over previous entries?

The big question is if the gears fans now bought the console this month or already had one since MCC.
I can imagine that until dawn moved consoles because it was unique and also the first big "play-a-movie" game of this gen à la heavy rain.
You think there is a correlation between Gears fans and Halo fans?
I'm not sure, I think there is a good number of Gears fans who are not interested in Halo and they might jump this month instead of waiting for Gears 4, it's a pretty nice incentive, and I'm sure this is what MS is hoping to achieve with this release.

Shenmue

Banned
It's like the third iteration this gen, why would anyone who is interested in this franchise wouldn't buy a next gen console by now?

Price and better perceived value due to bundles now as opposed to two years ago.

ZhugeEX

Banned

There was the bundles for PS4 and XB1. Also Madden is one of the games that would encourage upgrades to next gen.

This is how I feel.
I think Until Dawn "might" have more potential to move consoles than Gears as it's a unique experience, but Gears has the broader appeal so I'll be surprised if it doesn't sell way more units than UD.

Either way, should be...what's the word I'm looking for?

This is how I feel.
I think Until Dawn "might" have more potential to move consoles than Gears as it's a unique experience, but Gears has the broader appeal so I'll be surprised if it doesn't sell way more units than UD.

Curious?

Jigorath

Banned
This is how I feel.

Stop.

This is how I feel.

Boring?

You think there is a correlation between Gears fans and Halo fans?
I'm not sure, I think there is a good number of Gears fans who are not interested in Halo and they might jump this month instead of waiting for Gears 4, it's a pretty nice incentive, and I'm sure this is what MS is hoping to achieve with this release.
I have no idea, only guessing.
Sure, gears is 3rd, halo 1st person.

There are some who do like one but not the other, and those might jump now in anticipation for gears 4.

But I believe those who play both franchises are in the majority. At the end of the day, these 2 games are a main reason to own an xbox.

In other news: first NPD after the ban, zughe.
Is it right what they say, that during the ban the credit card functionality of the GAFgold Member's Card is deactivated?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
PS4:
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3
Until Dawn
Helldivers: Super-Earth Ultimate Edition

XB1:
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
Rare Replay

Multi:
Toy Soldiers: War Chest
Dishonored Definitive Edition
Madden NFL 16

Seems a little stronger for xbox, but how are sales generally at this time of the year? I'd expect it to be a little quiet coming out of the summer, people maybe waiting for the bigger titles coming September onwards, or holding off for holiday deals to start coming on stream.

ZhugeEX

Banned
In other news: first NPD after the ban, zughe.
Is it right what they say, that during the ban the credit card functionality of the GAFgold Member's Card is deactivated?

I'm afraid I can't divulge that information to non Gold members ;)

Seems a little stronger for xbox, but how are sales generally at this time of the year? I'd expect it to be a little quiet coming out of the summer, people maybe waiting for the bigger titles coming September onwards, or holding off for holiday deals to start coming on stream.

August is usually similar to July in most cases, September picks up a lot.

August is only big if there are big titles out that month but there isn't anything that would drastically boost sales this August.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Seems a little stronger for xbox, but how are sales generally at this time of the year?

Well, for how is the trend those years, this are usually the biggers months:

1) December
2) November
3) February
4) March
5) September
6) June
7) October
8) January
9) August
10) July
11) April
12) May

bluedawgs

Banned
Anyone think a lot of PS4's were purchased for the Blops 3 beta? A lot of Youtubers who were on Xbox bought PS4's for the beta so I wonder if a lot of non Youtubers did the same

Boke1879

Anyone think a lot of PS4's were purchased for the Blops 3 beta? A lot of Youtubers who were on Xbox bought PS4's for the beta so I wonder if a lot of non Youtubers did the same

Wouldn't be shocked. IN that community they want to be the first to put up content. So they pretty much had to get the PS4 version in order to compete with other youtubers

Top Bottom