• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes September 8th

donny2112

Clearly Nintendo came out of nowhere to win.

spock.jpg

Gurish

Yup, people likes to say "next month should be interesting" every month regardless.
Next month, in terms of competition is not really interesting unless something extremely unlikely happens, it's a very easy win for PS4 (we've already seen hints for that with the absurd ratio of MGS5 sales)

But the last 3 months are REALLY interesting, for real this time, as XB1 will probably beat PS4 like last year but the question is by much.

donny2112

Sorry, I don't watch Star Wars.

Die Hard 4 (Live Free or Die Hard):
(McClane examines a cutout of Boba Fett in Warlock's basement)
Warlock: (incredulous look on face) So you're into the Fett?
McClane: (turns away) No, I was always more of a Star Wars guy.

Boke1879

MS has Fallout 4 marketing and the XBO version is getting mods first. The holiday season is a tossup, in my opinion.

Unless MS goes big the fallout marketing most 3rd parties tend to shift towards PS. Either way I think it will sell well on both system in the US at least it won't be noticeable

Gurish

With Star Wars and Call of Duty, November and December should be PS4, but a lot of thing can happen...

I know Sony advertise these but they are still not exclusives like Halo and TR, XB1 in general is a very good platform (sales wise) for FPS games, it's not like potential XB1 buyers will ignore these games, Destiny is selling very well on that platform for example, and TW3 which was advertised on XB1 is selling much better on PS4, it's not like advertisements are money in the bag for the platform holder.

Besides let's not forget FO4 is with XB1, might be the second biggest selling title of the year after COD.

Top Bottom