• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Denur

The actual VR felt really comfortable and light, once you know where the buttons are etc to tighten up and loosen it will be easy to use. In terms my brain, I dealt with it fine it basically felt like real life it's hard to explain, I felt like I was in a bac mono I could look at the pedals look up anything. My friend who works at evo was laughing because he said most people put the headset on and sit there in the car looking around before driving, not me I went off like a lunatic :) it just felt so natural. If you don't buy this VR you will miss out on the best gaming thing ever simple, was that good. Not got a clue on price but I'll do everything I can to make sure I can get 1 on release.
Going to get one on day one too. No doubt. It is supposed to be priced like a console, so something around $500,-.

Nice article

Sirenty

Finished all the bike tour stars. I really like how they added new elements to the third star, such as two objectives or doing a clean lap below a certain time. I hope car tours are going this way in the future.

I also like the speed trap challenges. I haven't checked but I hope they come over to cars too.

Now I just need some bike challenges. I've gotten some sent directly to me, but I don't see any public ones. Hopefully that changes soon.

I was really lucky in terms setup as it was the same setup I've got at home, T500rs with Ferrari GTE wheel add on. Looking into apexes felt so natural it picked up every movement perfectly, I don't know about sensitivity options it was just a pre set demo, but it basically matched 1-1 . Looking back was the only thing that slightly messed with my head as someone thought it would be funny to get me to look out the sub roof backwards at over 100mph in passenger mode. Looking left and right felt so good everything just felt the correct size was really special, it's weird as you really feel like your in a super car, best experience I've had in gaming, id still be playing it now on 1 track if I had the chance :)
I remember trying out Google Cardboard with some VR video taken from a moving car in a city and looking backwards in that was quite mad.

So I can only imagine what going 100 MPH with an actual decent headset will do to you!

I guess its similar mind-foolery to when you're on a stationary train with a train next to you also stationary but begins moving and you think like you're the one moving.

Finished all the bike tour stars. I really like how they added new elements to the third star, such as two objectives or doing a clean lap below a certain time. I hope car tours are going this way in the future.

I also like the speed trap challenges. I haven't checked but I hope they come over to cars too.

Now I just need some bike challenges. I've gotten some sent directly to me, but I don't see any public ones. Hopefully that changes soon.
Yeah I liked that too. Not finished the tour yet, but found myself really paying attention on the ones that wanted a quick time on a clean lap.

Cornering Faces Off on a bike though, so tough to get back on line with the right flow if you fluff one bit up!

Auctopus

I would've agreed when I first saw the price that it might've been a little steep but after playing it some last night, I figured a lot more work goes in to creating brand new vehicles, physics and models (in presumably less than 6 months?) rather than adding cars/tracks over the course of a year. The tour's also pretty lengthy.

Hey everyone,

I'm contemplating buying the season pass just to have all the content (other than bikes) but looking on the PS Store I can see there are a lot of 'free' cars on the store.

Can someone tell me whether i'd already have all these or not? If they're free then why are they not just included in a patch?

Is it possible there is a 'Download All' button in the game itself which makes sure you have ALL the content available to you?

drotahorror

Not sure if the cars are free with only the PS+ trial version. You have to download all cars/livery packs/tours separately. It's definitely a pain if you don't have any since there's over 50 items. Luckily I grabbed things when they were available.

The free DLC works like any other free DLC that I've encountered on PS4. You don't even know it's free til you visit the the addon page and then you have to download it. Like Witcher 3 free DLC, you had to download the hairstyles or skins and whatnot.

Oh god I have a lot of catching up to do lol. It's times like these I appreciate a game having an in game store. . .which links to the official PS Store.

ElNino

Is there an issue with Driveclub and the Bikes Expansion? I bought the Expansion on the web store yesterday, after plenty of issues with the PSN account system being down for maintenance apparently. When I finally added funds and the purchase went through, I selected the Download to PS4 option.

Now, when I boot up my PS4 the Bikes expansion isn't downloaded (but I did get the Driveclub earlier this week). When I search for the Bikes expansion on the store it says I've purchased it but doesn't give the option to download. In fact, none of the Driveclub items I've bought let me download them either.

Anyone else have the issue or know how to fix it?

Is there an issue with Driveclub and the Bikes Expansion? I bought the Expansion on the web store yesterday, after plenty of issues with the PSN account system being down for maintenance apparently. When I finally added funds and the purchase went through, I selected the Download to PS4 option.

Now, when I boot up my PS4 the Bikes expansion isn't downloaded (but I did get the Driveclub earlier this week). When I search for the Bikes expansion on the store it says I've purchased it but doesn't give the option to download. In fact, none of the Driveclub items I've bought let me download them either.

Anyone else have the issue or know how to fix it?
Do you have the whole game + the latest patch ?
You need that patch for bikes

drotahorror

Yes. I have the full digital game, season pass (all content) and the latest patch from this week (1.32?)

I didn't have to download anything besides the patch for the bike DLC to become active. It's just another menu that pops up after you click Drive or w/e on the main menu.

Go to the PS Store and search driveclub. I think it's the 2nd or 3rd Driveclub entry (stupid), and you'll see one with 54 addons. Just go through the list and grab them all. It doesn't download anything, just sort of activates them. If all else fails, restore licenses on your PS4.

Hey everyone,

I'm contemplating buying the season pass just to have all the content (other than bikes) but looking on the PS Store I can see there are a lot of 'free' cars on the store.

Can someone tell me whether i'd already have all these or not? If they're free then why are they not just included in a patch?

Is it possible there is a 'Download All' button in the game itself which makes sure you have ALL the content available to you?

If you download the Season Pass everything is downloaded in aside from the bikes via the Pass, alongside livery packs and tours, at least that's what happened for me

ajcacio

Banned
Is the Bikes challenge trophy broken for anyone else? I've sent out three challenges and no trophy yet...

Edit: never mind. Just completed a tour event and it popped.

Hawkens

SCEA Finaly puts out a Driveclub ad on TV!!!

Have seen it twice in the last hour on ESPN

Link

Hmmm that feeling when the entirety of North American tv advertising for Driveclub is confined to being the 'generic car racing game' in a Taco Bell Ad.

ElNino

I didn't have to download anything besides the patch for the bike DLC to become active. It's just another menu that pops up after you click Drive or w/e on the main menu.

Go to the PS Store and search driveclub. I think it's the 2nd or 3rd Driveclub entry (stupid), and you'll see one with 54 addons. Just go through the list and grab them all. It doesn't download anything, just sort of activates them. If all else fails, restore licenses on your PS4.
You were right, it was already there in the patch. My purchase just unlocked it I guess. I was too busy worrying about it downloading that I didn't just boot the game and check there.

Thanks... grey moment tonight. ;-)

Duallusion

I'm not a fan of stoppies. I'd prefer if Skill Events were a mixture of speed checkpoints, cornering challenges (blue line) and wheelies. They'd flow way better this way.

I'm not a fan of stoppies. I'd prefer if Skill Events were a mixture of speed checkpoints, cornering challenges (blue line) and wheelies. They'd flow way better this way.

Have you tried doing burnouts? (accelerator & brake to spin up the back wheel, then let go of the brake) - Those are great fun, wish those had been in the skill challenges (wheelie here, stoppie, two burnouts around this marker then wheelie to the finish)

Flying motorbike takedown!

https://youtu.be/ULLUyLbd4mw

Finished the tour last night, pretty decent, liking the dual requirements for a star.

Found the penultimate skill event quite tough the get the FAME required.

Makikou

Paul Rustchynsky @Rushy33 24s
The next free update for #DRIVECLUB arrives NEXT WEEK! Brings Private Lobbies for multiplayer, braking assist options, new accolades & more.

Paul Rustchynsky @Rushy33 21s
Full details of the game update will follow just before it launches next week. :) While you wait, enjoy Bikes + 2X Fame with Lamborghini!

Rushy is an amazing dude. I really hope evolution get a chance to make another full scale game at some point.

They've made too many mistakes and missteps going all the way back to that infamous Motorstorm reveal trailer. Sony simply got tired of dealing with it, and the launch of DRIVECLUB was the last straw. As much as I agree with this sentiment and want them to continue making DRIVECLUB a new age PGR, it's understandable why Sony pulled the plug on Evolution.

AMG

Neo Member
Well he lives 5 minutes away from Evo and has been there a few times.
Lol! I think it's his second home! Would be mine too if I lived that close. Awesome news on th VR I hope that becomes a reality next year when the PlayStation VR launches. 😃

They've made too many mistakes and missteps going all the way back to that infamous Motorstorm reveal trailer. Sony simply got tired of dealing with it, and the launch of DRIVECLUB was the last straw. As much as I agree with this sentiment and want them to continue making DRIVECLUB a new age PGR, it's understandable why Sony pulled the plug on Evolution.

Wtf, Evolution didn't even produce that trailer. Next thing you're gonna blame them for the bad timing of the original Motorstorm Apocalypse launch. The DC launch issues were unfortunate, but since then they have thoroughly turned the ship around and done nothing but improve the game with every update, and will no doubt continue to do so. If DC was the last straw, what else did they do wrong that was actually their fault? They shipped 4 great games last gen.

Sequiel

Banned
What bothers me the most with DRIVECLUB is the lack of non-thrustmaster wheels support.

Being a driving/racing fan since a long time I own a Fanatec wheel that I use in PC, PS3, 360... and even in PS4 in Project CARS... but not in Driveclub. Just for Driveclub i have to use a gamepad instead. It really sucks.

I bought the full game+season pass, and I think it is a great and fun game, but being forced to use a gamepad having a top quality wheel lying around is depressing.

Fanatec publicly stated that they sent out drivers support for developers, and being asked about it when Project CARS was released with Fanatec support on PS4, Rushy first said that they'll "love to" in April 2014:

https://twitter.com/Rushy33/status/458321795687677952
"Fanatec need to support the PS4 before we can make their wheels work with DRIVECLUB. As we would love to if they did."
Driveclub_03.png

Then they would "investigate":
https://twitter.com/Rushy33/status/504601537411563520
Driveclub_04.png

Even the official DRIVECLUB twitter response was "Hopefully in the near future. :)"

https://twitter.com/driveclub/status/580642318530789376
Driveclub_02.png

... back in March.

And then "We're waiting for Fanatec wheels to be supported on PS4." ...back in July, when Fanatec support had already been released in May with Project CARS.
https://twitter.com/DRIVECLUB/status/617418800842047492
Driveclub_01.png

Now, after more than 1 year and a half, the only answer is "All I can right now is that we currently don't support them and we don't have an ETA either as to when we might be able to. Sorry."...

https://twitter.com/Rushy33/status/654685045890813956
Driveclub_06.png

There is people already quiting the game because of this: https://twitter.com/mrfeelsogood73/status/657514084536078336

This is very disappointing. How hard can be to add support for other wheels?

Twitter is full of people asking the same: https://twitter.com/search?q=driveclub fanatec&src=typd

And there was even a petition on Change.org with 20.000 signatures, fgs

https://www.change.org/p/sony-add-logitech-and-fanatec-wheel-support-to-ps4

From Eurogamer's interview with Jim Ryan...

We had a cool announcement with DriveClub's motorbikes. It's great that it's out now, but I've left my PS4 at home so I'm a bit peeved.

Jim Ryan:[Laughs] Yeah, I saw that.

That's not much good to me. How have you gauged how DriveClub's gone? It obviously had a troubled start.

Jim Ryan: It almost definitely didn't go well. There's no hiding from that. The game now is much played - we see the server data and things like that - and it did deliver on the promises it made initially. And people love it. I don't want to ruin this with grubby commercials, but it sold very well!

How's it going to work with it co-existing with Gran Turismo? The racing genre obviously isn't what it once was.

Jim Ryan: All we're announcing right now is DriveClub Bikes, and it'll be interesting to see how that goes. Get yourself back home and get going on the PS4. Yes, it's a space that's lost some of its lustre from 10 or 15 years ago, but I think there's plenty of room for quality experiences. And DriveClub occupies its own space, which is kind of unique.

Damn Silver! These are damn hard working people that love what they do and put up with dealing with a lot of shit to produce something we love. I really don't know how they can keep coming back and hold their tongues when they see some of the crap that's said.

Denur

Have you even played the game?

p3n

What bothers me the most with DRIVECLUB is the lack of non-thrustmaster wheels support.

This is very disappointing. How hard can be to add support for other wheels?

F1 2015 by Codemasters does support Fanatec wheels as well. It also does a much better job at that than PCars, which even until patch 5 still feels wonky on anything but the official PS4 Thrustmaster wheels and even then the FFB can be inconsistent.

69ca32caae.png

Why does it take so long for Evo to implement it? I guess it is not as straight forward as just using the Thrustmaster libraries. It is very possible the fanatec drivers and documentation are crappy.

Top Bottom