• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harry Potter [Mafia] |OT| “Yer a werewolf, ‘Arry”

?

I'm accident prone when I'm sleepy.

Interesting you should ask but should I have?

I feel like Gorlak is not helping us. He didn't answer my question about his roleblock last night, and as a neutral survivor his best bet is to align with town or risk being lynched. I don't think the Horcrux crew needs to reveal any more information: my reads and claims list match up pretty well with them and it's just an extra layer of verification.

Pandas has been on my suspect list so I have no problem going for him.

Also my role PM has no information about other players or Horcruxes. So thanks Blarg and Christina for going to bat for me.

While Kalor, Christina, LoC, and Blarg are high on the Death Eater list, we do have LoC's protection, Blarg's protection if he chooses to use it, and Gorlak's roleblock if he wants to be useful to the town.

Lone_Prodigy, I have reason to believe that the key may have been compromised. It's only a suspicion but your role might be known to the Death Eaters. Sorry but do what you can with the information you have.

Blarg, do you notice anything strange on the page?

I think I'm partly to blame for TheAwesomePossum's disappearance. Wrong move.

20 Blargonaut - Albus Dumbledore [confirmed]
21 Kalor - Ron Weasley [confirmed]
24 Christina Mackenzie - Hermione Granger [confirmed]
25 Lone_Prodigy - Sirius Black [confirmed]

Kawl_USC

This isn’t a TV show where there’s only so many characters. Literally everyone, including myself, who is currently a ??? on the board has over 30 Hogwarts related names to choose from, and there’s no way to disprove any of us. Scum will pick obscure characters to make sure there’s no double claim. And obscure is now believable - Possum was Blaise Zabini and I had totally forgotten who that even was.

Plus Crab said it’s a bad idea, so that’s good enough for me. If he wanted me to reveal my name I’d do so immediately though. This game isn’t going places right now.

I'm hurt. As Crab-lite this game, I don't get no respect?

Kawl_USC

?

I'm accident prone when I'm sleepy.

Interesting you should ask but should I have?

Lone_Prodigy, I have reason to believe that the key may have been compromised. It's only a suspicion but your role might be known to the Death Eaters. Sorry but do what you can with the information you have.

I think I'm partly to blame for TheAwesomePossum's disappearance. Wrong move.

20 Blargonaut - Albus Dumbledore [confirmed]
21 Kalor - Ron Weasley [confirmed]
24 Christina Mackenzie - Hermione Granger [confirmed]
25 Lone_Prodigy - Sirius Black [confirmed]

Tease.

H7TFRMI.jpg

No hints pls, I'm working on it

Kawl_USC

So team horcrux, is it possible for y'all to explain why a mass name claim would be beneficial without sacrificing its benefit!? The way you are acting points to no, but the demonstration by CM points to yes. Help me understand.

So team horcrux, is it possible for y'all to explain why a mass name claim would be beneficial without sacrificing its benefit!? The way you are acting points to no, but the demonstration by CM points to yes. Help me understand.

TheAwesomePossum is gone. I'm going to have to retract my plan. The numbers aren't as favorable as I'd hoped.

You can claim your name if you want but I'm afraid I can't verify it 100% if the "key" has been compromised.

Hokay, daily prophet. Here is a link to Blarg's post, gathering the four articles we have so far. I am always on mobile so will not be going through the hassle of embedding them here.

Article 1. Accusation that Harry and Dumbledore are shirking their duties. Now, Retroid has told us he did not take a night action N1. From this perspective, the article would be accurate. However, it accuses Blarg of the same thing, and we know that he did investigate KingKitty N1. So the paper has one lie and one truth. It mentioned illicit substances, but we know Retroid did not have a horcrux. The article says the two are taking the same path, so I think it is reasonable to read that as whatever the accusation is, it is the same accusation leveled at both of them. It specifically says they are fleeing the world of terror we live in, so I think actions makes the most sense to me but either way the article is correct in one part and incorrect in another. It could also be referring to Blarg's unique post style, but again the same does not apply to Retroid. There is a vague reference to "miracles" at the end, but as a switcher, he didn't Blargmuch to do work them. I believe the player he replaced did order the N1 switch of Blarg anbd Burb though, so it could be referencing that. It really has nothing to do with Dumbledore partying hard to flee the game though. Of course, the switch could be considered fleeing danger, but that would make Miracle the cause of Dumbledore's fleeing not the answer or solution to it. Personally, I think the Miracle mention is a red herring with no real intel behind it. This does set precedence for meta information in the articles, or it might if Miracle had anything to do with the article's content, which he doesn't really. There is a possibility it was just a coincidence as well.

Article 2. This strengthens my conviction the first article was referring to Retroids night actions. The article is a retraction. Retroid did act on night 2, though he was role blocked and did not share it until later, wondering if the block was an after effect of KK's lynch. Working against this read, if Retroid was blocked, he didn't actually take an action so there would be nothing for Skeeter to see. Either I'm wrong and it is referring to something else (though Retroid did nothing really crazy day 1, just fought against Rat lynch and kept suggesting no lynch) or Skeeter was alerted that Retroid at least tried.

Article 3. I think this one is pretty simple. I read through all of day 3 again and no one really stands out as outing themselves as a couple. We do get the Gorlak Crab link, but neither of them have claimed Ron or McG. Argus and Umbridge are some pretty bizarre claims if they are actually Ron and McG, particularly Umbridge. Besides that, I'm pretty sure Gorlak really is Umbridge. Naturally we would want to pay particularly close attention to two people on day 3 to analyze this article. Kalor, who has claimed Ron, and Matt Attack, who has a Ron avatar, to entertain the notion the article may incorporate avatars or other meta information. Neither of these two formed any strong alliaces though. Indeed, no one really did. I will admit I mostly skimmed over the posts of any players confirmed not to be Ron or McG, i.e. dead players. This is not a dead end though. If we look at night actions, we can read the article as a witnessing of Ron visiting McG that night. I'm inclined to believe this happened and this outs McG. I will not out the player I have reasons to believe it points to but I will call out anyone else who tries to make the McG claim as scum. Of course, the logic is pretty easy to follow and I think everyone else can draw the same conclusion as to who I mean pretty easily. Assuming the prophet got the roles correct, of course.

Article 4. We have reference to three animals. The dog from book 1, Buckbeak, and a seeming mix between mine and Arkos' avatars. If that was the actual intent, this would be possibly the second bit of meta info in four articles, the first of which was meaningless. Now, I know you have to take me at my word, but I did not kill TheGoddamn so I at least can dismiss this theory soundly. Hopefully I can convince the rest of you as well. To clear the air immediately, you'll also notice it does not explicitly say the beast performed the kill, though it strongly implies it. One might argue that even if I didn't do the kill, it may be outing me as scum. However, every article so far that can be verified with actual events references actions and names, not alignment. I would say we should expect that is how the power works. A follower role, likely only on target, which explains why the info on Blarg from article 1 was incorrect. So if this one is indeed outing me, it follows that it is referencing an action of mine and not my alignment. Without going into what I may or may not have actually done yesterday (apart from not kiiling thegoddamn, obviously), let's think about our killer. Going back to N1, we have reason to believe it is either a ninja or crab. If it is a ninja, would a follower be able to see it? Seems to defeat the whole purpose, although I could buy it since it is more difficult to determine who will perform an action than who will be targeted. Plus, part of my read depends on her knowing Retroid at least tried to act on N2. Please let me know how this typically works. More importantly, I don't now and never really did believe the ninja theory. If the killer is crab, why would anyone else ever do the night killing after he was spotted D1?? That would just be risking one more scum getting caught when they could just send out someone we should all have reasonable doubt against already to kill every night. Doesn't make sense for it to be unless everyone wants to believe I am a ninja. We should be looking at crab imo. Trial by fire.

Vote: Gorlak

With that out of the way, is the last article a bunch of shit then? Who did Rita actually follow if it wasn't me? I don't know. Maybe no one. Maybe Buckbeak. That falls in line with the articles actually referencing legitimate characters with their intel rather than vague meta references.

In conclusion, Rita is likely a follower, likely not town aligned due to at least one instance of posting clear untruth on Day 2. This follows even if you think I am a scum ninja killer. If you believe I am not, we have at least two cases of fabrication, one of which frames a town member. She likely followed Retroid N1 and N2, Kalor N3, and possibly Buckbeak N4. Or me, if we really want to believe I am a ninja killer. But I am confident in saying she didn't follow me and I think this should give everyone reasonable doubt without requiring me to claim, which we shouldn't do.

Since no one else is doing anything, and Blarg.is doing enough irrelevant things for everyone, I decided to do something. So, I reread the thread and Magnumboy stuck out. Trying to be as middle of the road as possible. I saw a lot of fluff, excuses and a handful of quality posts.
His vote count.

D1 Rats
D2 Kingkitty
D3 Retroid
D4 Bsp

The first two days are boring, but onward it gets slightly more interesting. He voted for Retroid D3 because of inactivity but kept the vote on him because if his infatuation with the Horcruxes. Maybe he just wanted a convenient excuse to not actual vote for a townie those two days or maybe he knows about the Horcruxes and was desperately trying to stop the rings destruction? For as little as he posts he seemed pretty interested in those Horcruxes. Even after Hypers was destroyed by lynching he wanted to get the ring out of TWEs hands. How do we even know a town got the ring last night? It's people like this that stopped that destruction. By not lynching twe we may have possibly lost the game.

The first two days he blended. The next two he dodged. Never putting himself in the line of fire. Deliberately scheming to save twe and get the Horcrux into Death Eater hands. I say Magnumboy is scum.

Vote: Magnumboy20xx

I won't be around much until the end of the day so I'm going to put a vote down in the meantime.

To the Death Eaters: I may or may not be bluffing about my powers, so feel free to target me if you're so inclined.

VOTE: flatearthpandas

Oh, I also believe Skeeter chooses roles to follow, not players, or else she would be a combined follower and cop which seems pretty silly for a likely neutral imo. Also, if she was a cop it would be silly to watch Retroid two nights in a row. Also, it explains how she managed to hit Harry Potter and Ron Weasley for articles. Crazy luck at those points in the game if she was blindly choosing players. Also exonerates me because she would have to guess at a killer role for the article, not a player avatar. Doesn't really explain the fourth article at all though. Seems unlikely she would target buckbeak too. Maybe she was roleblocked and actually did just make some shit up for the article. Or tried to follow a role not in the game. The fourth article is clearly different from the other articles though.

My guess is that her action is to guess a role and send her quick notes quill to follow them. She mentions in article 2 that she uses it. A lot of guess work but it makes the most sense to me. I really doubt Rita is a cop and she would have to be if she was following players and writing articles on their roles and actions.

MagnumBoy20xx

Neo Member
Since no one else is doing anything, and Blarg.is doing enough irrelevant things for everyone, I decided to do something. So, I reread the thread and Magnumboy stuck out. Trying to be as middle of the road as possible. I saw a lot of fluff, excuses and a handful of quality posts.
His vote count.

D1 Rats
D2 Kingkitty
D3 Retroid
D4 Bsp

The first two days are boring, but onward it gets slightly more interesting. He voted for Retroid D3 because of inactivity but kept the vote on him because if his infatuation with the Horcruxes. Maybe he just wanted a convenient excuse to not actual vote for a townie those two days or maybe he knows about the Horcruxes and was desperately trying to stop the rings destruction? For as little as he posts he seemed pretty interested in those Horcruxes. Even after Hypers was destroyed by lynching he wanted to get the ring out of TWEs hands. How do we even know a town got the ring last night? It's people like this that stopped that destruction. By not lynching twe we may have possibly lost the game.

The first two days he blended. The next two he dodged. Never putting himself in the line of fire. Deliberately scheming to save twe and get the Horcrux into Death Eater hands. I say Magnumboy is scum.

If I seem like I'm playing middle of the road, it's because this is my first fourm mafia game ever! As for keeping my vote on retroid on D3, that was becausCastameret want to join the hyperactivity bandwagon. I had voted for retoid only because of his activity level, not because of the horcrux. As for the horcrux, I know literally as much as you do. I had made a few hypotheses about them when Blarg first revealed their existence, but that's it. I have never once tried to steer the conversation towards them, nor do I want to prevent town from destroying them. In fact, it's just the opposite. If I could help destroy them, I would do so at any time.

I will name claim if I have to, but I have left clues to it in two of my posts.

vote:Lord of Castamere

This isn't just an OMGUS, I said in my reads list that I haven't been able to get a solid read on you, but your vote on me with that bullcrap reasoning has finally given me one;SCUM!

I was indeed switched/pranked last Night, and I assume it was TheGoddamn's final action. I may need to rethink my previous flavour attribution too, after reading the flavour text.

I'm still pondering Mr. Castamere. If I recall correctly, both of the Nights he claimed to have protected me from attack, both the PM's stated that I was switched via "feet left feet" prank. Which leads me to believe that he didn't actually protect me from anything. I dunno, still processing it, but my suspicion is growing.

Who else was switched last night? This is important.

roytheone

Yeah, re-reading the prophets there is a lot of unexplained stuff in them, and all of our theories are basically just speculation, so I am not going to vote on someone purely based on what is written in an edition of the prophet, unless we somehow manage to clear up how they work exactly. I rather base my vote on peoples behavior and posts, like how I think LoC his case against Magnum is rather weak, and feels like he is trying to poke around a bit to see if he can get a bandwagon rolling on him.

This isn’t a TV show where there’s only so many characters. Literally everyone, including myself, who is currently a ??? on the board has over 30 Hogwarts related names to choose from, and there’s no way to disprove any of us. Scum will pick obscure characters to make sure there’s no double claim. And obscure is now believable - Possum was Blaise Zabini and I had totally forgotten who that even was.

Plus Crab said it’s a bad idea, so that’s good enough for me. If he wanted me to reveal my name I’d do so immediately though. This game isn’t going places right now.

You seem to be really, REALLY trusting of Crab. Why is that? Don't you think him being seen visiting swamped and him not going for Gorlak even though according to Crab Gorlak is probably now a full on scum member? What makes you so convinced he is town? Because he is still a prime suspect for me.

Who else was switched last night? This is important.

I was not switched last night.

You seem to be really, REALLY trusting of Crab. Why is that? Don't you think him being seen visiting swamped and him not going for Gorlak even though according to Crab Gorlak is probably now a full on scum member? What makes you so convinced he is town? Because he is still a prime suspect for me.

Didn't he lead the charge against Hyper on Day 3? Is that not enough to prove he's Hogwarts?

Kalor

Didn't he lead the charge against Hyper on Day 3? Is that not enough to prove he's Hogwarts?

There already was a level of suspicion against Hyper so there is a slim chance the Death Eaters did that to establish Crab as a trusted figure but this is very unlikely.

His reactionary vote against LoC stands out as strange to me. He acknowledges that it could be seen that way but then he gives vague reasoning to justify it. Directly dismissing the argument against him when there is merit to LoC's logic.

There already was a level of suspicion against Hyper so there is a slim chance the Death Eaters did that to establish Crab as a trusted figure but this is very unlikely.

His reactionary vote against LoC stands out as strange to me. He acknowledges that it could be seen that way but then he gives vague reasoning to justify it. Directly dismissing the argument against him when there is merit to LoC's logic.

What do you think about Gorlak? The way he's been hounding me since I asked for everyone to role claim is disturbing.

1. Harps on about the secret win condition, thinks there is a promised land waiting for us.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=188930645&postcount=3365

2. Uses grammar to infer a hidden agenda and yet doesn't know whether to use prove or proof. Think we know Siruis is somehow a Horcrux when an alignment or role investigator can't detect Horcruxes.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=188940551&postcount=3386

He's acting like a spoiled child. I'd pick him as a lynch target for today but it feels too convenient. Crab mentioned if Gorlak dies he goes with him... I'm worried that his real ability is to take anyone he's mark along too. That could mean 2 Hogwarts for 1 Death Eater.

This is how I surmised my conversation with Kawl_USC

HIM: I could have information that you might find interesting.
ME: No thank you. I appreciate the offer but I will politely decline.
HIM: You're trying to trick me into giving the information for free.
ME: WTF

DO I LOOK LIKE A JEDI???

MagnumBoy20xx

Neo Member

I personally don't see the merit, or any proof for that matter. If you show me some proof, then will happily invite Loc

roytheone

In my memory, he didn't really lead the charge, it was mostly Flame and Sawneeks, especially sawneeks with outing Hyper with her night action. He was against Hyper, that's true, but he only actively voted for him when it was already pretty clear Hyper was going to be lynched after sawneeks outed him. Him being in favour of a hyper lynch before that speaks in his favour, but it is not enough to prove he's Hogwarts IMO.

What do you think about Gorlak? The way he's been hounding me since I asked for everyone to role claim is disturbing.

1. Harps on about the secret win condition, thinks there is a promised land waiting for us.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=188930645&postcount=3365

2. Uses grammar to infer a hidden agenda and yet doesn't know whether to use prove or proof. Think we know Siruis is somehow a Horcrux when an alignment or role investigator can't detect Horcruxes.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=188940551&postcount=3386

He's acting like a spoiled child. I'd pick him as a lynch target for today but it feels too convenient. Crab mentioned if Gorlak dies he goes with him... I'm worried that his real ability is to take anyone he's mark along too. That could mean 2 Hogwarts for 1 Death Eater.

This is how I surmised my conversation with Kawl_USC

HIM: I could have information that you might find interesting.
ME: No thank you. I appreciate the offer but I will politely decline.
HIM: You're trying to trick me into giving the information for free.
ME: WTF

DO I LOOK LIKE A JEDI???

Well, Gorlak is not town, that is for certain. He is a neutral that seems to be working for us right now, but if he thinks that switching sides is in his benefit, he will do that. It's why I think we should lynch him if the game almost reached it's end phase and he is not very close to getting his win condition.

Enker

Mostly because it makes no sense to me that Scum would bus their own cop. But this could all be very Machiavellian, let Crab integrate himself with the trusting new folk who know that he helps enforce common sense and then we won’t lynch him.

I doubt it however.

roytheone

Mostly because it makes no sense to me that Scum would bus their own cop. But this could all be very Machiavellian, let Crab integrate himself with the trusting new folk who know that he helps enforce common sense and then we won’t lynch him.

I doubt it however.

Fair enough, but you seem to be ready to almost blindly follow Crab, which is dangerous.

Enker

Depends on the test. What is your idea?

Giving my role name. For you see, Crab has done his Argus Filch night visit on me, as noted Here so we have a data point.

Mostly, I slept on the idea and I think my name helps Town specifically, while some of the other ???’s probably wouldn’t help.

It also wouldn’t hurt Town if I got NKed because of it. I am Town, and I win if Town wins.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
?'m ?ct??lly c?ns?d?r?ng lynch?ng G?rl?k m?s?lf. Th? w?y h? h?s pl?y?d h?s ch?ng?d pr?tty dr?m?t?c?lly ?v?r th? l?st d?y, wh?ch ? f?nd ?m?n??s. ? m?y b? ? ?s?f?l r?l?, b?t s??n?r ?r l?t?r, G?rl?k h?s t? b? d??lt w?th. Th? q??st??n ?s h?w l?ng c?n w? r?sk k??p?ng h?m ?r??nd ?n r?t?rn f?r my r?p?rts. ?'m ? ?s?f?l pl?y?r, b?t ?lt?m?t?ly t?wn ?s m?r? ?mp?rt?nt.

Kalor

If we have no other candidates we could go after Gorlak today but I think one more day is the most we should keep him around. The problem for not lynching him today would be if we get a clear scum candidate tomorrow we would have to put off lynching Gorlak for even longer.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
If we have no other candidates we could go after Gorlak today but I think one more day is the most we should keep him around. The problem for not lynching him today would be if we get a clear scum candidate tomorrow we would have to put off lynching Gorlak for even longer.

Th? w?y ? s?? ?t ?s th?t ?ft?r Bl?rg ?nd Chr?st?n? ?r? g?n?, ? ?m th? n?xt n?t?r?l t?rg?t - ? pr?b?bly ?nly h?v? 1 ?r 2 d?ys l?ft t? l?v?. ?t m?k?s s?ns? t? lynch G?rl?k ?n th? d?y w?'d ?xp?ct t? l?s? m? ?nyw?y, s? y?? g?t th? m?st ?f my r?p?rts. ?'v? h?d ? bl?st pl?y?ng w?th y?? g?ys, b?t ? th?nk G?rl?k sh??ld pr?b?bly g? t?m?rr?w ?t th? l?t?st.

roytheone

Giving my role name. For you see, Crab has done his Argus Filch night visit on me, as noted Here so we have a data point.

Mostly, I slept on the idea and I think my name helps Town specifically, while some of the other ???’s probably wouldn’t help.

It also wouldn’t hurt Town if I got NKed because of it. I am Town, and I win if Town wins.

So, ehm, how would giving your role name help test Crab? So you give us your role name.....and then what? What will that tell us about Crab?

About Gorlak: While his behaviour today is a bit.......weird, I think he will still use his night power for our benefit, which can defiantly help us if he manages to block the scum killer or the poisoner. I am willing to keep him around for now, but I do agree that if we think the game is starting to reach its end phase, we should lynch him before he can become a problem.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
M?nd y??, ?f w? s?v? G?rl?k f?r t?m?rr?w, ? c?n h?v? ? d?y wh?r? ? c?n pr?p?rly ?xpl??n th?ngs, wh?ch w??ld b? n?c?. ? h?t? t?lk?ng l?k? th?s, ?t ?sn't f?n.

Kalor

M?nd y??, ?f w? s?v? G?rl?k f?r t?m?rr?w, ? c?n h?v? ? d?y wh?r? ? c?n pr?p?rly ?xpl??n th?ngs, wh?ch w??ld b? n?c?. ? h?t? t?lk?ng l?k? th?s, ?t ?sn't f?n.

I was sort of undecided earlier but having you around for another day could be helpful and we get another report.

Blarg, do you plan to write up the rest of your Daily Prophet posts? I'm curious what you think about the other three.

So, ehm, how would giving your role name help test Crab? So you give us your role name.....and then what? What will that tell us about Crab?

About Gorlak: While his behaviour today is a bit.......weird, I think he will still use his night power for our benefit, which can defiantly help us if he manages to block the scum killer or the poisoner. I am willing to keep him around for now, but I do agree that if we think the game is starting to reach its end phase, we should lynch him before he can become a problem.
Hmmm. Maybe. It is in his best interest not to be lynched so I agree he wouldn't work directly against us yet. But he can push the boundaries while we are more afraid of losing Crab than we are of a rogue role block. For now, he can mark coasters without stepping on our toes. But the best time (for him, worst for us) to turn against us is when we out some scum and have more important lynch targets. I think we need to lynch him on days like today.

Worst case, we get rid of the threat, possibly a recruited death eater (which would be even more dangerous) and we also lose crab. Best case, we get rid of the threat and expose a death eater.

But whatever we decide, I want to know who Gorlak punished last night.

Killing Crab or Gorlak is another waste of time, unless you honestly believe Crabs scum. He's almost guaranteed to have a free pr use tonight, with scum hitting whats left of Team Horcrux and/or myself.

Crab, I think you mentioned your ability is to detect the presence of dark arts/magic? I don't think you can find Horcruxes but you can detect those who have the Cruciatus and poison ability. Just my hunch.

Less than 24 hours to go might as well post my scum list. Reads are not my strong suit so don't read too much into it.

1. roytheone
2. bananaspaceprincess
3. flatearthpanda

Rather than look for suspicious behavior from players, I worked backwards and came up with a town list and took the bottom 3 players that I couldn't find much reason to be town.

Crab, I think you mentioned your ability is to detect the presence of dark arts/magic? I don't think you can find Horcruxes but you can detect those who have the Cruciatus and poison ability. Just my hunch.
Disagree. Let's assume for flavor that scum are using Avada Kadavra to kill instead of bludgeoning their targets to death. All scum then has dark arts and he's just a weak cop who can't confirm town and is only vaguely notified if he finds scum. As Filch.

Killing Crab or Gorlak is another waste of time, unless you honestly believe Crabs scum. He's almost guaranteed to have a free pr use tonight, with scum hitting whats left of Team Horcrux and/or myself.

You claim that you've protected someone on N2 and N4 when there is a suspected 2nd killer and now you have 1 charge left, is that correct?

Disagree. Let's assume for flavor that scum are using Avada Kadavra to kill instead of bludgeoning their targets to death. All scum then has dark arts and he's just a weak cop who can't confirm town and is only vaguely notified if he finds scum. As Filch.

I don't follow, if all Death Eaters have the dark arts ability, then an alignment and role investigator would be redundant. We know there is a Death Eater role blocker.

According to the HP wiki, Horcruxes are "thought to be the darkest of all objects". I feel like this would go well with both the flavor for Crab's ability and the Horcrux win condition itself. We also have to keep in mind that in the books, Filch ended up being responsible for searching for dark items on Hogwarts grounds. I think it makes a huge amount of sense for Crab to be a Horcrux detector, both in terms of the lore and in terms of the game itself.

Top Bottom