• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harry Potter [Mafia] |OT| “Yer a werewolf, ‘Arry”

Kawl_USC

That was the additional thing I was going to post before the day got hammered. I tried to breadcrumb to the sword user (miffed that it got taken from me before I could use it) to target Roy with some of my posts (saying Roy was striking in his low activity, WHO was the ONE that I had found a horcrux on) but I didn't reveal him as I thought he was likely Ginny with the book. Once the name claims came out I should have known it was actually in Lucius hands, but honestly at that point I was pretty sure I had been playing an awful game and was a bit disheartened. And I do think I probably played the worst game between falling for Crab, pushing against Blarg, and not saying Roy had the book before hammer. I'll see how Heist goes but I think mafia just might not be for me despite finding the idea interesting and fun.

Kawl_USC

And I believe you were cleared by CM in a coded message, not by Blarg. But who knows I clearly messed up my understanding of night actions more often than not.

Oh right Blarg figured out CM's message.

I wouldn't worry about falling for Crab's claim. Crab played really well, and we had bigger targets to dispose of. Also his attachment to Gorlak was a smart play because Gorlak fought really hard against getting lynched: if he was gone, Crab was next.

Reading the scum and spectator chat, I agree we would've been boned had we not killed Exodu5 and roy.

roytheone

Oh right Blarg figured out CM's message.

I wouldn't worry about falling for Crab's claim. Crab played really well, and we had bigger targets to dispose of. Also his attachment to Gorlak was a smart play because Gorlak fought really hard against getting lynched: if he was gone, Crab was next.

Reading the scum and spectator chat, I agree we would've been boned had we not killed Exodu5 and roy.

If we ever have a gafia lottery pool, HP town should probably pick our numbers. You guys got insanely lucky this game.

Sawneeks

Banned
Kawl say roy with the book but didn't tell us. :(

Voldemort had a one-shot unblockable kill?

It seems like bestowing the sword had priority over using the sword to destroy, so Sawneeks took it back and bestowed it to Matt before Kawl could use it on roy's book. But Kawl investigated Matt the next night and didn't see anything...

I actually didn't know that I could take the Sword away from someone. I was under the belief that when a Hogwarts-aligned player received the Sword they would keep it up until either they died or someone stole it from them.

Swamped

Banned
And I do think I probably played the worst game between falling for Crab, pushing against Blarg, and not saying Roy had the book before hammer. I'll see how Heist goes but I think mafia just might not be for me despite finding the idea interesting and fun.

Crab was really really convincing, I wouldn't worry about that! And besides, mafia is not about 'being the best' or whatever. Just play and don't stress so much! When you're in the game things look a lot different than when you're watching from the sidelines so I would just ignore the spectator thread lol. And the more games you play, the better you will get.

And I do think I probably played the worst game between falling for Crab, pushing against Blarg, and not saying Roy had the book before hammer but

Going too hard on yourself. Everyone fell for Crab. If they hadn't he would have been lynched the Retroid day. Equal blame all around for that. You also weren't the only one to screw up their role.

If it makes you feel better(and it should) we posioned you because you were least likely to get lynched that day. We had no chance to kill you by town, so we posioned you. You didn't play a bad game.

roytheone

And I do think I probably played the worst game between falling for Crab, pushing against Blarg, and not saying Roy had the book before hammer. I'll see how Heist goes but I think mafia just might not be for me despite finding the idea interesting and fun.

Trust me, you played FAR from the worst mafia game ever. For a new player you were pretty good actually! It's just that you went against the GOAT scum team ;)

roytheone

Hey guys!

Project "let's watch the movies so that I understand where the hell you guys are talking about" is finally finished! I now understand all these names! Finally , I can start to play for real!

Guys? Hello? Where did everyone go?

Top Bottom