• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harry Potter [Mafia] |OT| “Yer a werewolf, ‘Arry”

Enker

XD Bwahahaha

What's that's supposed to mean?

That was my logic at the time. Perhaps it was only my imagination, but from my perspective of the lore speculators you were trying to tamper that down pretty fiercely. When you flipped scum it was obvious why :)

Of course, this is probably the only game I’ll be in that is tightly lore-centric to where knowing how HP worked helped you navigate the game.

Kevyt

I read this thread over and over and I still don't know what happened here...

tumblr_mu9gp6rid31qlqjbho1_500.gif

SalvaPot

So a few words.

First of all, Nin1000 did an amazing job of running the game while I was away.

Now, why I was away? Well, simply put... I burned out. Its not that I got bored with the game, not at all, but life got in the way in a way it has never happened before. Here is a quick list of what happened:

-Got in big trouble with school since apparently I was not registered in 3 of my classes due to a system glitch.
-One of my two pet bunnies died around that time and this hit me hard, my GF was in Japan and I was having a bit of trouble communicating with her so the fact that this happened while she was away also had me eating away with guilt.
-Work was fine, but also a constant distraction.
-A few miscommunication in my part in night 2 got me and nin scrambling for a way to fix the game so it was still fair and enjoyable.

So, as you all can see, a common theme about this game was decisions, but also there was a LOT of hidden info about pretty much all the key roles. The mafia roles were made so their main mission was to find voldemort, meanwhile town main mission was to find the horcruxes. The existence of horcruxes WAS revealed to mafia the moment voldemort died, but not to town.

The reason for the secrecy was so mafia had elements to hide themselves in. RNG and luck really REALLY helped town in this game. They found Voldemort extremely early and that pretty much threw away about 50% of the script I had planned for the game, I had planned all this epic confrontation between good and evil and all that stuff and of course that was not possible anymore.

I love to write the flavor and I hope you guys enjoy the flavor me and nin worked hard to create. The second half was faster because nin had to deal with everything himself while I was dealing with personal stuff and apathy on my part, sorry about that nin.

For now I think its the last time I am hosting a main game, it was fun! But I am certainly not ready for it as of yet. I'll be back as soon as I get my shit together and free time to spare!

Thanks everyone for playing! I'll be reading your criticism x)

Edit: And to clarify I am not complaining! You guys exceeded my expectations and got even crazier of what I was expecting, loved every second of it.

For the new page.

Heyyy everyone!!! :)))

I loved this game even though it had it's weird parts! :)) So, thanks NIN and salva for hosting!!!

I apologies for being SO MUCH into flavor most of the game ^_____^ There is not a lot I know more about than HP so this probably was the only game I will ever be able to actually read things into flavor and see it turn out to be (mostly) true. This was actually the part I enjoyed the most about it!! :p

Crab is right, I, as Rita, really just should have kept my mouth shut but I simply underestimated the size of team scum and I thought it's safer to play along with town :p Well... live and learn :)

And speaking of scum team!!! You were truly amazing!!!
Crab and Roy my personal MVPs. Crab impressively saved his neck more than once and Roy was just so town that thinking of it now it's obvious he was scum. :p

Congrats to Gorlak!! I am cheering for the one neutral that actually managed to win!! :))

And yes, town wins too!! GG :D :D :D

HARRY POTTER SCUM TEAM IS BEST TEAM

:<

you guys made a fan out of me

i was rooting so hard for you guys i even tried to bribe nin with microtransactions

unfortunately, he has morals, unlike palmer

Christina_Mackenzie: best town.

Dumbleblargdore: best diva.

Gorlak: best scar

Crab: best seafood

grats to all the players

That was my logic at the time. Perhaps it was only my imagination, but from my perspective of the lore speculators you were trying to tamper that down pretty fiercely. When you flipped scum it was obvious why :)

Of course, this is probably the only game I’ll be in that is tightly lore-centric to where knowing how HP worked helped you navigate the game.

Nah, it wasn't scum. I honestly didn't expect this game to be connected to lore, so personally found it useless

ALSO NO FAKE CLAIMS HOLY SHIT

A mass claim from day 1 could've ended the game right there

Oh, and here's a snippet from the analysis of BSP/Rita's Daily Prophet Articles, that I never fully finished (sadly, I never really got around to typing up my full-fledged opinions on Articles 1, 2 and 3):

ARTICLE 4 — link
Hello hello my lovely readers. Today is another day for another interesting article.

Over the years we have seen some super weird creatures in Hogwarts. Most of them belonged to that gigantic Keeper of the Keys and Grounds.

We saw a three headed dog causing our famous trio some trouble back in the days

wAKVb9E.jpg

And there was this bird/horse that almost killed a Hogwarts student that one time and vanished miraculously before his execution date

H50CEfk.jpg

But even though they both look quite intimidating they have one thing in common. Deep in their hearts they are nice little pets. (At least as long as you know how to calm them^^)

And now, last night when I was doing my research tour around the castle I discovered something. There was a creature wandering around the castle, tall as a grizzly bear but its fur had very odd colors. Black and white to be more specific.

I did not know what it was and what it was doing here but I smelled a story coming off it and followed it around. I will spare you the brutal details. Trust me it was not nice to witness but believe me, there is no way to calm it down. It is pure evil!

I hope it can be stopped before he can do more harm.

Until then, have a great day my dear followers.

~

Now, let's go through each Article, quote-by-filthy-quote. However, I'll start with the latest one, which I feel is the most important yet, and work my way back.

ARTICLE 4 BREAKDOWN

"Over the years we have seen some super weird creatures in Hogwarts. Most of them belonged to that gigantic Keeper of the Keys and Grounds."

A reference to big-ass Hagrid, no doubt, and his penchant for keeping beastly pets like Buckbeak and Aragog.

"We saw a three headed dog causing our famous trio some trouble back in the days"

Now, I interpret this line two ways; the first, lore-wise, and the other, game-wise.

The lore-wise way: I vaguely remember that Cerberus-thing being positioned where it was to guard something, and the "famous trio" the Article mentions is Harry, Ron and Hermione? And they had to get past the dog-thing somehow.

The game-wise way: I guess it's no secret, even lore-wise, that the Harry, Ron, Hermione and Dumbledore Roles are part of an Inner Circle with a special mission. In-game, since I've already wasted "V" for you, that mission is to locate all the remaining Horcruxes and destroy them all to finally finish him off; the secondary Town Win condition, as I've stated before.

Since Harry/Retroid is gone, that "famous trio" the Article mentions, could possibly be alluding to myself as Dumbledore, with Ron and Hermione.

So, among us players, who or what is being alluded to with "three-headed dog", "causing some trouble to the trio back in the days"?

"And there was this bird/horse that almost killed a Hogwarts student that one time and vanished miraculously before his execution date"

Could this be a reference to Lord of Castamere and his heraldry-thing avatar, due to

But even though they both look quite intimidating they have one thing in common. Deep in their hearts they are nice little pets. (At least as long as you know how to calm them^^)

OK, this line.

Firstly, note that this line alludes to two different individuals having one thing in common;, that, "deep in their heart", they are "nice little pets".

This line can be interpreted so many different ways:

- A possible reference to and yet another confirmation of the existence of 2 Millers in-game, Burbeting and Lone_Prodigy
- A possible reference to Peter Pettigrew, who was Ron's pet rat/secret Animagus for many years. Possibly another Miller, but a 'reverse' one who shows up as Town
- A possible reference to Aragog, who was Hagrid's pet and was mistaken as the Chamber of Secrets' monster (which was actually a basilisk). Could Aragog be the poisoner, a Neutral Reverse Miller who must poison a set amount of victims to win to 'bring back to his children in the forest' as the lore explanation?

Secondly, this little notation at the end there, the "^^". It intrigues me. Of course, it could just be a smiley/emoticon/whatever, but I dare to believe that it's actually an indicator to look up somewhere. Likely at the text above that sentence? Or at the final words of each line above it?

If we do the former, we get these words, in top-down order and including the attached 'them' to the "^^":

"article."
"Grounds."
"days"
"date"
"them"

So, 'article grounds', as in the basis of the article's points?

Anyway, I think that's all the crappy bonus DVD content I got stashed away.

BRB with unofficial points ceremony

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I hope you liked my .gif I sent you, Blarg.

I sent it with love.

:3

oh

btw

It is your first day in Pointy Robe Scholars and a town is nearby. There are people to learn and to love. But who is magic and who is not?
NOTE: Type "help" for commands list.

>> help

This computer game is magic

>> char

CHAR STATS
(average) || Fire Game STAR WARS | Water Game CALL OF CTHULHU | Wind Game NX LAUNCH | Earth Game ELECTION 2016

Openness (58.75%) || 51% | 53% | 72% | 59%
Adventurousness (44.50%) || 30% | 40% | 62% | 46%
Artistic Interests (0.50%) || 0% | 1% | 1% | 0%
Emotionality (38.50%) || 56% | 45% | 21% | 32%
Imagination (65%) || 57% | 64% | 76% | 63%
Intellect (54.25%) || 46% | 49% | 68% | 54%
Authority-challenging (73.75%) || 65% | 64% | 84% | 82%

Conscientiousness (37.75%) || 30% | 33% | 52% | 36%
Achievement-striving (33.75%) || 28% | 25%| 46% | 36%
Cautiousness (47.75%) || 44% | 41% | 55% | 51%
Dutifulness (7.75%) || 5% | 8% | 10% | 8%
Orderliness (61%) || 75% | 55% | 48% | 66%
Self-discipline (21.75%) || 9% | 19% | 38% | 21%
Self-efficacy (20%) || 16% | 21% | 27% | 16%

Extroversion (14.75%) || 20% | 21% | 10% | 8%
Activity Level (1.75%) || 1% | 2% | 2% | 2%
Assertiveness (31.75%) || 52% | 40% | 20% | 15%
Cheerfulness (18.50%) || 27% | 27% | 9% | 11%
Excitement-seeking (23.75%) || 33% | 33% | 14% | 15%
Outgoing (3.25%) || 3% | 5% | 3% | 2%
Gregariousness (4.75%) || 6% | 7% | 3% | 3%

Agreeableness (10.75%) || 12% | 14% | 8% | 9%
Altruism (2.50%) || 2% | 3% | 3% | 2%
Cooperation (16.75%) || 10% | 16% | 22% | 19%
Modesty (2.25%) || 2% | 3% | 2% | 2%
Uncompromising (6.75%) || 5% | 7% | 7% | 8%
Sympathy (15%) || 20% | 16% | 13% | 11%
Trust (4.50%) || 1% | 4% | 7% | 6%

Emotional Range (71.75%) || 82% | 70% | 57% | 78%
Fiery (68.75%) || 85% | 73% | 47% | 70%
Prone to Worry (70%) || 82% | 70% | 53% | 75%
Melancholy (55.50%) || 69% | 55% | 42% | 56%
Immoderation (74%) || 78% | 77% | 65% | 76%
Self-consciousness (53%) || 63% | 52% | 35% | 62%
Susceptible to Stress (79%) || 86% | 76% | 69% | 85%

Needs
Challenge (39.25%) || 71% | 35% | 19% | 32%
Closeness (27.50%) || 40% | 37% | 13% | 20%
Curiosity (43.75%) || 46% | 45% | 34% | 50%
Excitement (15%) || 21% | 24% | 5% | 10%
Harmony (22.50%) || 34% | 29% | 10% | 17%
Ideal (64%) || 69% | 68% | 53% | 66%
Liberty (16.50%) || 25% | 25% | 6% | 10%
Love (8.25%) || 14% | 11% | 3% | 5%
Practicality (12%) || 18% | 15% | 5% | 10%
Self-expression (0.50%) || 0% | 2% | 0% | 0%
Stability (25%) || 35% | 34% | 11% | 20%
Structure (14.75%) || 18% | 22% | 5% | 14%

Values
Conservation (25.75%) || 14% | 21% | 35% | 33%
Openness to change (63%) || 62% | 70% | 58% | 62%
Hedonism (35%) || 22% | 42% | 39% | 37%
Self-enhancement (68.75%) || 62% | 66% | 70% | 77%
Self-transcendence (36.75%) || 61% | 3% | 26% | 23%

>> There's always time for dating simulacrums

I don't understand that.

used that IBM char gen thing

Star Wars me (123 posts, 8854 words)
You are a bit critical, guarded and can be perceived as indirect.

You are unconcerned with art: you are less concerned with artistic or creative activities than most people who participated in our surveys. You are laid-back: you appreciate a relaxed pace in life. And you are cautious of others: you are wary of other people's intentions and do not trust easily.

You are motivated to seek out experiences that provide a strong feeling of prestige.

You are relatively unconcerned with both tradition and taking pleasure in life. You care more about making your own path than following what others have done. And you prefer activities with a purpose greater than just personal enjoyment.

Cthulhu me (368 posts, 17938 words)
You are skeptical and guarded.

You are unconcerned with art: you are less concerned with artistic or creative activities than most people who participated in our surveys. You are laid-back: you appreciate a relaxed pace in life. And you are proud: you hold yourself in high regard, satisfied with who you are.

You are motivated to seek out experiences that provide a strong feeling of sophistication.

You are relatively unconcerned with tradition: you care more about making your own path than following what others have done. You value independence a bit more: you like to set your own goals to decide how to best achieve them.

NX me (406 posts, 14499 words)
You are skeptical and inner-directed.

You are unconcerned with art: you are less concerned with artistic or creative activities than most people who participated in our surveys. You are proud: you hold yourself in high regard, satisfied with who you are. And you are laid-back: you appreciate a relaxed pace in life.

You are motivated to seek out experiences that provide a strong feeling of sophistication.

You don't find helping others to be particularly motivating for you: you think people can handle their own business without interference. You value achieving success a bit more: you seek out opportunities to improve yourself and demonstrate that you are a capable person.

Election me (168 posts, 8319 words)
You are skeptical and somewhat critical.

You are unconcerned with art: you are less concerned with artistic or creative activities than most people who participated in our surveys. You are self-focused: you are more concerned with taking care of yourself than taking time for others. And you are reserved: you are a private person and don't let many people in.

You consider achieving success to guide a large part of what you do: you seek out opportunities to improve yourself and demonstrate that you are a capable person. You are relatively unconcerned with helping others: you think people can handle their own business without interference.

Also maybe Blarg is just bullshitting, if this is indeed just the result of his former posts analysed.

heh

Wow, what a game.

I gotta give big props to Crab. I know I'm not the most experienced Mafia player, but this man played me like a damn fiddle. He seemed so trustworthy and helpful. Especially with that random Hyper lynch that gave him credence.

Also, despite my rude comments towards him, Blarg was immensely helpful in this game. It's a shame that The Goddamn Miracle didn't last long. Applause for him.

As for myself, despite my stupidity and laziness leading to a modkill, I think I did okay with the posts I made. I definitely need to improve though.

4-0 baby

My Day One play was a bad one, and I elaborated on my reasons in the Werewoof spectator thread. I wasn't watching the game, but thanks for preserving my undefeated streak!

I know it's long since become water under the bridge, and likely Mafia knows already, but I have posted extensively as to why I left the game in the spectator spoiler thread.

I 100% agree with the decision for me to leave, I might have screwed it up BUT I would have had a pretty good idea on 4 out of 7 scum.

Good game everyone! Very entertaining! And three cheers to our moderators!!

Flame_AC

This was quite the surprise to come back too. Congrats to us all, especially us special few who made it all the way. I really wish I had gotten a power role in this game as it seemed like everyone else was working off of at least something their role gave them, still really fun though.

I'm 2-0 now, so that's nice.

Thanks to Nin and Salva! Can't wait to read through the chats.

TheExodu5

Banned
Good game guys. For my first game, I had a lot of fun.

Thanks nin and Salv for running the game!

So, how did Roy and I die? I know the sword user got me, but how did they know?

I actually didn't know when I targeted you- I just got lucky. You were on my list of players who both still could have had a Horcrux and could have been scum, so I just went for it.

It really sucks too because I was going to lobby for your death N7 under the pretense that you were in a secert relationship with Ginny Weasley. Just a little longer...

roytheone

Alright, back on a keyboard so I can give my full opinion about this game. I see Nin didn't post his full post game wrap up yet, so I will keep quiet about some things until then.

First of all, I want to thank Salva and ESPECIALLY nin for running this game. It is incredibly hard to run a game, especially one as complex as this one, and all things considered I do think you guys did a great job!

However, while I did had a lot of fun in this game, the game was......well, imbalanced to the point of being broken, on multiple points.

-The horcrux win condition was a cool idea, but I really think we should have been warned fully about them in advance. Also, for a mechanic that could straight up lose us the game, we had to few ways to interact with it. We probably should have had a way to find horcruxes ourselves, and a way to take them from town or prevent their destruction. Now we could only protect our own horcruxes and hope that town doesn't luck out and find them.

-Not having fake role claims for a game such drenched in flavor was a problem. If town followed magnum his advice of a mass role claim on day 2, we would have lost right there in a huge anticlimax. Not having fake role claims also makes knowledge of the source material to much of a factor imo.

- My power was completely broken, and could have easily locked up the game if certain things happened. It was actually Nerfed after I proposed that idea in the scum chat.

-Town had waaaaaaaaaaay to many ways to find scum or confirm townies. It was completely broken. Retroid as a blocker, Blarg as the cop, rynam as a watcher, BSP as another cop, Gorlak as another blocker, Burbeting as a semi cop AND a spy, christina as someone that got role pm's and sawneeks as the sword giver, and the sword wielder could find exodu5. Add L_P his puppy power, arkos his bodyguard and the two weasley switchers and town was very overpowered. And against that we had......a 1 shot switch and a blocker. It was really, really imbalanced. Town should have had less powers, or we should have more ways to deal with them. And yeah, some of those were neutrals, but those still tend to side with town for a good bit during a game. We got really bad luck during this game, but the amount of pr we were up against really didn't help.

-If burbeting his spy power was really completely random and not curated, it could have fully broken the game if he got lucky. If he got a post with a lot of our names in it, that would basically end the game right there. I would say either posts had to be checked before given to him, names should have been redacted, or we should have been giving a heads up warning about the spy power.

- Using the encryption was smart, but with town already having so many ways to confirm each other, it broke the game even further. I don't blame CM for using it, he did got permission after all, but it shouldn't have been allowed.

- Having a lot of our powers depend on finding Voldy, that was a lost partner we had little influence on and could be found by pr and just lynched, was a mistake. It made us really under powered really quickly, outside of our control.

-We were with a lot, but with a game with 28 players 7 is still acceptable. Also having 3 neutrals though.....if they sided with us that could have given us a majority vote really quickly.

So yeah, while I still had a lot of fun in this game, I think there were to many ways the game could have broken, both on town side and on scum side. Making a big part of our power depended on a vulnerable lost partner also wasn't great. To be honest, my feelings on this game are really two sided. On the one hand I had a lot of fun in the scum chat planning things (thanks to my scum partners, you guys were great to play with!), but the town being so incredibly overpowered and us having relatively little ways to interact with the horcruxes also made all that time spend on planning kinda feel meaningless in the end. We could plan all we want and play amazingly well, in the end town had just so many ways to find us and confirm townies it felt like it didn't really matter, and that does leave a bit of a sour aftertaste for me. But overall I did had a lot of fun!

Swamped

Banned
WOW. Scum team is Scum MVP! Amazing job to...actually everyone on the scum team. Can't wait to read the chat.

Crab, I'm curious why you decided to kill me N1 XD?

Great job to CM and Blarg on the Hogwarts side. Town MVP!

I have to be honest, I didn't really follow all the night actions very closely so they were lost on me, but the players were really fun to watch overall, great chemistry between everyone imo.

Gorlak was also very enthusiastic and perceptive, I appreciated how he moved the game along during downtimes. Neutral MVP!

I absolutely loved the flavor. I thought the overall theme of 'CHOICES' was very clever. Nearly every PR had the two or three actions they could choose to take. It just felt very in-line with the Harry Potter flavor, and I can imagine that sort of mechanic must have been hell to balance lol.

Thanks Salva and Nin!

Sawneeks

Banned
This was certainly was a surprise to come back to! Congratulations everyone, we did it! We saved Hogwarts! I do want to give huge props to the A+ Scum Team though, you guys played very well and I did believe you would run away with the victory in the end. Overall it was a very fun game and I enjoyed participating! Thanks Salva and Nin! :D

I want to mention that the flavor for this game was really sweet. You could tell a lot of work went into it (especially those early deaths), and as a fan of flavor I really appreciated it.

Oh, also thanks to Sawneeks for hooking me up with a sword. This was my fourth time being an ordinary role so I was pleasantly surprised to get a night action in the end.

No problem! Great shot there at the end by using it on exodu5, I was hoping someone would be able to get Nagini with it. :D

Although I'm actually curious as to how you got the sword lol. Night 1 I tried to give it to Hyper ( failed and lead to his lynch ) and Night 2 I went to give it to Kawl_USC and I thought that went through? Just in case it didn't work I sent it to you on Night 3 because I don't get confirmation if a person receives it or not but Kawl was Hogwarts-aligned so I'm not sure why it didn't work.

It worked out in the end but I'm curious as to what happened. That's the last time I give an Owl a precious magic sword though. :x

nin1000

Banned
again thanks again for playing in this mess. I hugely underestimated the amount of work that would go into running this game. Thanks Salva for letting me run this Insane baby of a game and i hope everything turns out good for your in the end :)

On a personal note i want to say that i am sorry Burbeting. Night 2 was a mess and it was because of me that you died ! For those that are interested, here is what happened.

Roytheone send in the kill command to kill Crab
TheGoddamn switched Burb and Blarg
LoC switched Blarg and Crab
Gorlak Punished Roytheone

Meaning that he was blocked and burb would not have died ! Me being a fool and trying to start the day on time made the mistake and "thought" that hyper made the kill command since they were talking in the scum chat and i got confused with the avatars and pm's : /

FURTHERMORE to make this even more painfull
Rynam was watching Blarg and should have seen all of this.
But i only pm'ed him the info that Blarg was visited by Thegoddamn.

Scum played very good but due to the game being the game they did not really have a chance in the end. This is something i will take away for future games ( if they ever let me run one again ^^) that games have to be somewhat balanced.

for those that are interested here is the Scum chat :)
http://gafia.boards.net/thread/54/death-eater-evil-house-chat

and here is the Google spread sheet with all the commands.
What a mess it is ^^
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...dD39GZFlYsjCo9x_RP1I/edit?pli=1#gid=915794717

Again thanks for playing and dont forget to comment on the Review thread everything that bothered you or if you have suggestions to make things better, feel free to leave them there. It is incredibly important for all of us to make things better. We are a community and we as a whole learn from experiences, the good aswell as the bad ones.

Thanks again everyone and i hope to see you all again :)
tumblr_ltp49iUwI51qa1id2o3_r1_250.gif

nin1000

Banned
please forgive me Flame_AC ! i did not intend to forget you but the day phase started at 23:00 and since the events turned out the way they turned it was almost 2 o clock in the morning when the game was ended. I was a mess, still am since i am sick ;__; ,and i just wanted to go to bed.
giphy.gif

roytheone

Yeah, I kinda feel bad for getting away with a kill that we shouldn't have :( But on the other hand, we had so much bad luck already, that if that night went like it should, we would be in a near unwinnable position already on day 3, especially with town being so overpowered, and I think that wouldn't have been fun for anyone that was in the game and that was following the game. So from a fun/amusement stand point, it was actually a good thing. (still sucks for burb though, the universe really wants him dead i guess?)

TheExodu5

Banned
I think I'm pretty happy with how I played my first game. As the poisoner I tried to avoid as much suspicion as possible, and I think I accomplished that fairly well. Of course, I really don't know if you would have bought my Trelawny claim. I had been working towards it for a few days at least so I hope it would have been convincing.

Lesson learned for next game: no matter what role I end up with, I want to be a more vocal and more decisive player. If time permits. It's more fun to take a stand and take chances than jump on bandwagons.

Kalor

I was reading through the mafia chat and I didn't even think about the idea that my Voldemort avatar might get scum to look at me.

So...Kalor's avatar is Voldemort. Is it a too-obvious hint, or are they trying to screw with scum?

Gorlak

Banned
Hello my dear friends,

first of all I have to apologize! Blarg, I'm really sorry how mean I was to you. This wasn't fair and I really hope you can forgive me. My general attitude was pretty aggressive and sometimes I went to far. Apologies to anyone who got offended, I got carried away. If somebody still has an issue, please bring it up. I'm here and don't want anyone to leave this game with a feeling of "what a big asshole this Gorlak is".

Yeah, apart from this I enjoyed the game pretty much. It's unbelieveable how many twists and turns we had to live through :) I hope one could see how much fun I had to screw with everyone :p I rooted with scum from the beginning but during the several pushes against me I was close to completely ignore my win condition and secure a town win. Sadly the day I tried to block L_P again, it was all over. I wanted to block town and help scum, I wanted to slow down this game.

Honestly I was fully expecting L_P to flip scum, your whole attitude against me, the late bandwaggons and completely writing off the hyper bussing, was insane. I was also surprised that Crab indeed saved scum LoC with his bullshit claim ;) Very interesting to see how "easily" people can be influenced.
Moreover I was pretty sad I got outed by Crab so early, because I thought scum and me could screw with town pretty good. It's even more unfortunate since Crab survived mainly because we didn't see a killer N2... a kill which was blocked and would put scum and me in a very interesting position (knowing each other secretly). Anyway this link between me and Crab was pretty nice and secured our survival for the most part of the game.

One thing I absolutely despised was the Encryption mechanic because for me it was pretty big fuck you to anyone unaware of the secret win condition. The group were no masons, but became them effectively. L_P should have died that day, there still was no connection to the horcruxes whatsoever, but nobody wanted to listen :(

But enough with the critique! A very, very, very big thank you to nin1000 and Salvapot. I can only imagine what kind of a stressful time you two had to live through.

Thanks to all the players for this great experience!

nin1000

Banned
One thing I absolutely despised was the Encryption mechanic because for me it was pretty big fuck you to anyone unaware of the secret win condition. The group were no masons, but became them effectively

Fyi, we were THIS close to modkill CM for posting that encripted message. We all agreed that it was BS but well....

Sorian

Banned
Fyi, we were THIS close to modkill CM for posting that encripted message. We all agreed that it was BS but well....

While I was building my game, I went around to different communities and read a few games to get some inspiration. I notice that no encrypted posts is a standard rule amongst most of them, would probably be worth adding to the rule list that we all know and love that Crab made for us.

nin1000

Banned
While I was building my game, I went around to different communities and read a few games to get some inspiration. I notice that no encrypted posts is a standard rule amongst most of them, would probably be worth adding to the rule list that we all know and love that Crab made for us.

Yes, we did not make that clear from the start, thats why we let that message go with a warning. It will be made clear for the following games though.

TheExodu5

Banned
I also want to thank nin and Salv for the flavour. I've been getting into Harry Potter big time since the game started. I just finished the 4th audiobook.

Kawl say roy with the book but didn't tell us. :(

Voldemort had a one-shot unblockable kill?

It seems like bestowing the sword had priority over using the sword to destroy, so Sawneeks took it back and bestowed it to Matt before Kawl could use it on roy's book. But Kawl investigated Matt the next night and didn't see anything...

Blarg's PM's:

Your target, kingkitty, is a Death Eater!

Your target, Lone Prodigy, is a death eater.

How is that different enough to clear me?

DO NOT VOTE OUT LONE_PRODIGY.

IF ANY OF YOU AID IN HAMMERING OR TURBOING HIM, YOU WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE.

HE IS A REAL MILLER.

Gorlak got roleblocked both times he tried to punish me. Sorry. I was trying to be more active and aggressive to bait a kill since everyone else was more important, but it turns out it looked scummy instead. Don't know if I would've gotten lynched without CM and Blarg backing me, but what can you do?

I'm kind of glad we won, otherwise I would've been end-gamed and that's a situation I would not like.

Top Bottom