• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Werewolf |OT| Was it all just a Dream?

CzarTim

What could we possibly learn from more talk? The only flip we will see today is QB's, he is the only option. We'll just be going around in circles about Rats and Time and then learn nothing because we still won't know if they are town or not tomorrow. The next 20 hours of talk will be meaningless without votes on other candidates and there is only one option today.

Swamped

Banned
Just a thought: we could lynch rats today and force Quantum to "save" Time.

I thought about a similar plan (except i had time and rats the other way around lol). But how can we ensure the neutral acts the way we want him to?

In your scenario, if nobody attempts to kill Time, then that doesn't count towards QB's win condition (which actually seems quite difficult to begin with). Not sure how much we can trust him lol.

What could we possibly learn from more talk? The only flip we will see today is QB's, he is the only option. We'll just be going around in circles about Rats and Time and then learn nothing because we still won't know if they are town or not tomorrow. The next 20 hours of talk will be meaningless without votes on other candidates and there is only one option today.

The game ends after sk is killed, don't you know guys?

I mean, who else is there to go after other than that?

Burbeting

Banned
Hey,

I asked Palmer what would happen, if a hypothetical X-Shot-Vigilante was roleblocked, would they lose their shot?

Palmer stated, that the hypothetical-vigilante wouldn't lose their shot, if the vig themselves were roleblocked, or jailed (by a hypothetical roleblocker, or jailor).

That means, Swamped was not roleblocked or jailed at least, if she is telling the truth. That gives us less possibilities about what happened to her shot.

batsnacks

I thought about a similar plan (except i had time and rats the other way around lol). But how can we ensure the neutral acts the way we want him to?

In your scenario, if nobody attempts to kill Time, then that doesn't count towards QB's win condition (which actually seems quite difficult to begin with). Not sure how much we can trust him lol.

If he misbehaves we could lynch him tomorrow... but yeah there's not really a lot of incentive to do what we say, he won't achieve his win condition either way.

Alright, guess this one comes from a matter of experience.

Er, I could do it myself now... But I'm honestly still not sure about the idea. I'll defer to consensus, I guess.

No it doesn't NX was a shithole, with stupid townies. And they caught scum via night actions. That's quite a bit different from threats openly outing themselves, because in that case scum wan time to prepare a defense

Vs., oh I don't know, a self-outing

Crimson, take your vote off of QB, we're too close to majority

kingkitty

i hope we're not actually going to let this neutral serial killer loose for another night?

he's not scum but...he's a neutral who will add on to an additional kill each night. Soon we'll be reaching the stage where we won't have enough warm bodies left to make mislynches.

Which will never happen if we "use" him to kill scummy players scum would never kill.

So you're saying, rather than give scum the ability to kill, we give a neutral the killing power, make him choose his targets, etc.

I'll do the equivalent of flipping a coin, I haven't really decided yet

QuantumBro, are you a cat person, dog person, or neither?

CzarTim

So you're saying, rather than give scum the ability to kill, we give a neutral the killing power, make him choose his targets, etc.

I'll do the equivalent of flipping a coin, I haven't really decided yet

QuantumBro, are you a cat person, dog person, or neither?
I don't understand what you are saying here

So I'm just going to quickly respond before I get lynched

On targets:
N1: I was busy most of the at week since it was Thanksgiving. I basically decided to avenge Darryl with my pick since I didn't want my action to go to waste
N2: I went with the sheriff since I thought they would be the target due to Cabot's reasoning.
N3: I gave up any hope of rescuing someone and decided to go full vigilante, and then ironically I saved someone.

On bomb:
Bomb kills anyone who targets me at night. I don't know where the it kills the hammer theories came from.

On possible targets:
You guys think I would actually list my targets and give the mafia some idea of who not to target, haha.

And yeah, Czartim and Kingkitty are blatantly scum, please get them in the future days. Less so would be Rats imo.

No it doesn't NX was a shithole, with stupid townies. And they caught scum via night actions. That's quite a bit different from threats openly outing themselves, because in that case scum wan time to prepare a defense

Vs., oh I don't know, a self-outing

Crimson, take your vote off of QB, we're too close to majority

Yeah, I agree with the turbo being a pointless move right now.

Unvote

Burbeting

Banned
In the list QB put out, are lot people I have put on to my "possibly Scum" category. However, if QB would do as he says, and these people would be town, there would be two kills per night. And if none of them are scum, we will enter lylo quickly, something I'm not a fan of. In nothing else, this should give town more time (more days).

batsnacks

Actually, I don't see scum fighting this hard against the grain. I'm going to say Hyper is probably town.

That's wifom :>

I could see hyper-wolf making a big ruckus over a turbo vote to look like he cares a lot about the village's best interests. Turbo or no-turbo it shouldn't make a huge difference as long as no one does anything rash.

CzarTim

Deciding whether I want him lynched or not by the end of the day. Because a part of me is still saying that I'm currently arguing to let an sk run loose, and its a stupid idea
Scum would want him alive. They win sooner with him alive. I don't know why a 3P would play against his win condition to help town.

I am completely in favour of lynching QB today, I don't believe he's completely telling the truth, and his role isn't helping town much. I'll put my vote back on if needed closer to the deadline.

So I'm just going to quickly respond before I get lynched

On targets:
N1: I was busy most of the at week since it was Thanksgiving. I basically decided to avenge Darryl with my pick since I didn't want my action to go to waste
N2: I went with the sheriff since I thought they would be the target due to Cabot's reasoning.
N3: I gave up any hope of rescuing someone and decided to go full vigilante, and then ironically I saved someone.

On bomb:
Bomb kills anyone who targets me at night. I don't know where the it kills the hammer theories came from.

On possible targets:
You guys think I would actually list my targets and give the mafia some idea of who not to target, haha.

And yeah, Czartim and Kingkitty are blatantly scum, please get them in the future days. Less so would be Rats imo.

Yeah, fuck it, why am I even trying

VOTE: QuantumBro (let's avoid the turbo)

What it it with these roles and Ultron though?

First QB tries to "save" Ultron and not Drop, the obvious nk target, then Bats revives Ultron and not Drop, the confirmed townie.

Scum would want him alive. They win sooner with him alive. I don't know why a 3P would play against his win condition to help town.

And scum historically tend to love to pile onto lynching neutrals

Also, SKs, at least from what I've seen, tend to try and keep things pretty balanced. They don't want either side to gain any major advantage. Right now, we are 8 town down, with 1 scum member to show for it

CzarTim

And scum historically tend to love to pile onto lynching neutrals

Also, SKs, at least from what I've seen, tend to try and keep things pretty balanced. They don't want either side to gain any major advantage. Right now, we are 8 town down, with 1 scum member to show for it
He is not a normal sk and our vig hit the scum?

In theory QB's role is fairly pro-town. Seeing as it's in his favour to save night kill targets, who are usually going to be townies, especially with the Vig out of shots.

CzarTim

In theory QB's role is fairly pro-town. Seeing as it's in his favour to save night kill targets, who are usually going to be townies, especially with the Vig out of shots.
And so scum choose a less likely kill choice and we are to down two townies instead of one.

I said "in theory"

I want an answer to my Ultron question QuantumBro.

Like I said earlier, I targeted him to "avenge" darryl. I didn't read through d1 till the second game.

No idea if he has any kind of power, though I would guess not since batsnack saved him. He was my main target till that point.

CzarTim

tumblr_n1gelssJJo1trh6n1o1_500.gif

Like I said earlier, I targeted him to "avenge" darryl. I didn't read through d1 till the second game.

No idea if he has any kind of power, though I would guess not since batsnack saved him. He was my main target till that point.

That makes no sense. Your win criteria as you've described it only benefits from you saving people. Why would you use it to kill someone knowing that?

Warxard

Banned

Why would you have no idea when he claimed to be a Sleepwalker??

Timeaisis

Either QB is lying or he's essentially an SK that can once in a while save someone instead of killing them.

Either way, he's a threat.

Vote: QuantumBro

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just hanging around in this thread because I can use vowels here.

FluxWaveZ

Based on the thread's activity, it seems that people are just chomping at the bit to see the inevitable happen anyways, and how we interpret that moving forward. Plus, there's a lot I don't get about QuantumBro, even if his role claim is truthful. Visions of Zipped. So...

Vote: QuantumBro

Top Bottom