• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Werewolf |OT| Was it all just a Dream?

Well, here's the thing: you're ignoring whatever the wolves did in your possibilities, which is actually kinda bothering me.

You're focusing on Swamped and the SK here, but none of this is really telling me why two of these factions at the same time got blocked.

Reason 1 in your list does that, I guess implying that the wolves killed MattyG.
Reason 2 doesn't explain what happened to the wolf kill.
Reason 3 doesn't explain what happened to the wolf kill.
Reason 4 doesn't explain what happened to Swamped's kill and the wolf kill.
Reason 5... well, I just don't agree with that at all.

That's right, I was thinking pre-role claim. I just think the same happening two Nights in a row? Eh, it's a possibility. Can't be disregarded, I guess.

The assumption in 2 would be that the wolves duplicated with either Swamped or MattyG, 3 would assume that they also picked MattyG, reason 4 assumes that Swamped either picked a bulletproof target or commuter, and the wolves picked MattyG. I'm not really sure why you need me to spell this out, but there are other possibilities than a Jailer.

Burbeting

Banned
Kingkitty:

Would you rather lynch Rats or Time today?

Do you think the third kill during night 1 was by sk or a second scum KP?

What do you think Rats seems to be so sure he was targeted by Swamped last night, when Swamped stated that she was trying to target people who might be harder to lynch during day (aka. Not Rats, who had quite a lot suspicion yesterday)

Why do you think Flux seems to be so sure Swamped targeted Rats, when thinking about the above question?

Let's start with these. Others are okay to chime in too.

Burbeting

Banned
+

If Rats and Time weren't on the hot picks today, who would you vote? Too many people are concentrating on these two way too much, in expanse of others.

Oh wait you actually did ask me a question

"Why should I trust you?"

That's a big question. If you like my reads, if you think I've been helpful to the town, if you think I've been trying to find scum. But of course, if you think my reads are super safe, I haven't been helpful to town, that my death tonight is preferable to anyone else, then you might not trust me all. The only thing I can say right now is I'll try to do better.

I like your reads, but it's true that you haven't really been engaging with the town much. I don't have any strong feelings on your alignment because of that.

FluxWaveZ

The assumption in 2 would be that the wolves duplicated with either Swamped or MattyG, 3 would assume that they also picked MattyG, reason 4 assumes that Swamped either picked a bulletproof target or commuter, and the wolves picked MattyG. I'm not really sure why you need me to spell this out, but there are other possibilities than a Jailer.

Alright, I gotcha now. Honestly, I don't like this "both killers targeted the same person" theory for N3. Burbeting has this going for N2 because of his Voyeur ability; the same happening for N3?

I still think it's a jailer, but I guess you and Burbeting are considering the "same target" theory, so I'm a bit less convinced by Swamped's target being jailed. Only a bit.

Burbeting

Banned
Alright, I gotcha now. Honestly, I don't like this "both killers targeted the same person" theory for N3. Burbeting has this going for N2 because of his Voyeur ability; the same happening for N3?

I still think it's a jailer, but I guess you and Burbeting are considering the "same target" theory, so I'm a bit less convinced by Swamped's target being jailed. Only a bit.

The same target theory is just that, a theory. I think Jailor is a good possibility too, as there was one in woof one, and we have seen some roles from that game (witch and voyeur claims, for instance).

Kingkitty:

What do you think Rats seems to be so sure he was targeted by Swamped last night, when Swamped stated that she was trying to target people who might be harder to lynch during day (aka. Not Rats, who had quite a lot suspicion yesterday)

Why do you think Flux seems to be so sure Swamped targeted Rats, when thinking about the above question?

I guess it is time to put down a vote (if not the final vote). While I outlined my lingering thoughts towards Rats and Swamped vig, for now my vote will actually be on Timeaisis. I've posted my initial thoughts on why I think he gives me the bad feelings here on Day 3. Instead of voting for him to be deep fried on Day 3, I voted for Zipped instead, who also gave me bad feelings at the time. Time has done nothing incredibly scummy on Day 4, but nothing he has done really changed my stance on him either. This doesn't mean I won't vote for Rats ever but Swamped never 100 percent confirmed if Rats was her target. There's a chance that Time might have been the target instead since I think Swamped has been suspicious of him for a bit. If this is the truth, that obviously does not help ease my vibes. In fact, the possibility of him being the target adds on to my negative vibes, like an extra cheese slice to an already fatty burger. This vote could change if there's some more clear info. Hyper suggested that we keep votes evenly split between Time and Rats...but honestly that seems ripe for last minute anarchy and potential ties. Also, I know I promised I'd give a read on Quantum but currently I'm kinda tired, and lazy so I'll post that later.

vote: Timeaisis

CzarTim

The reason I am doubting a jailer is it just seems unlikely to have one and a doctor in the same game. I'd be less surprised by just two doctors. Purely setup spec though. I don't really have an explanation for last night, and there are too many variables too guess. Jailer is possible, I just doubt it.

Though I also doubt scum / sk targeted the Same person as the town vig.

FluxWaveZ

The reason I am doubting a jailer is it just seems unlikely to have one and a doctor in the same game. I'd be less surprised by just two doctors. Purely setup spec though. I don't really have an explanation for last night, and there are too many variables too guess. Jailer is possible, I just doubt it.

Though I also doubt scum / sk targeted the Same person as the town vig.

There was a jailer and a doctor in game 1.

Fireblend

Banned
Kingkitty:

Don't mind if I do.

- I feel like Rats is the best option between those two. Rationale in my post above. I find it curious that you asked Kitty this when he already has a vote on time and a post in this very page discussing it BTW.

- I would lean towards SK because I'm not sure scum would have a second kill available to them right off the bat for them to use on N1. If they had a second kill ability, I would guess that for balancing purposes there would be some sort of restriction that wouldn't be unlocked in N1. Or, they had a "1/x-shot extra kills" role and they wanted to exhaust their shots ASAP in fears of losing that to a lynch early on. Still, I would lean towards SK.

- As I already said, he could be scum trying to get in front of Swamped's target reveal in an attempt to get some goodwill before that. That would be my guess. He could have also got some sort of notification as a side-effect of some role that was involved in that play. I doubt someone who didn't have some sort of info we don't that they were the target would come forward so confidently like that.

- My answer above kind of answers this one too. I don't know why anyone with the same amount of information as us on who the target was would out themselves so confidently, so I'm guessing Rats has information we don't. Flux may think similarly.

+

If Rats and Time weren't on the hot picks today, who would you vote? Too many people are concentrating on these two way too much, in expanse of others.

I still think Boo Boo'n feels off to me. His posts seem reactive and they've sort of tapered off since the beginning of the game. I would also take a look at Dave, who also seems to have taken a back seat when he seemed fairly active early on. Now that scum has taken some significant victories during this last couple of days, it'd make sense for them to want to maintain the status quo and just cruise through the days - which is one of the reasons I can believe scum targeted MattyG last night, who was both a relatively low-profile target and a semi-confirmed PR. Other than those two I really want to hear from people like Septimus, QuantumBro and Trigger, whom I barely have impressions of. And Sawneeks, but I already mentioned her above.

Warxard

Banned
Yeah, absolutely. How can we catch people in lies if they don't talk? I don't want to be lynching people for inactivity and getting lucky that one of them is a wolf. That's not really fun.

We need to hear more from these people, specifically their Top Wolves and their takes on the recent PR claims (Burb and me):

QuantumBro
Boo Boo'n
Trigger
Makai
Sawneeks (will give her a pass since she's catching up)
Dave (looks like he's getting back into things though!)

I strongly urge these people to put down a vote with some thought behind it.

I...to be frank, don't have a clue as to where my vote should go at this point. Even with the additional role claim. I don't like the piling of Rats votes simply because there's so little info for me to go on for the guy outside of some very vague and coincidental posts. Timeasis doesn't feel as solid of a foundation to vote on either but I am taking notes as to how he's handling the PR reveals.

I'm still reviewing the thread , and I'll definitely put my vote in sometime before we reach some ridiculous deadline.

Oh wow, look at all these role claims. I'm kinda feeling left out, so let's change that. I am a neutral CPR practicioner, which allows me to practice CPR on one person a night and save them from a kill if they were targeted. However, if they weren't targeted for a kill, they die because I am just that good at CPR. I win once I save three people from an early death. (I have one as of now)

My targets:
N1: Ultron (I didn't technically save him, I killed him and then batsnacks revived him.)
N2: *Splinter
N3: Rats Off To Ya (I'm guessing this is who Swamped tried to kill last night since I actually saved him.)

Explanation for pushing RNH's bluff:
Should be obvious by now, I wanted the name so I could CPR them during the night Plus letting town get taken hostage is a bad precedent to set for the day ahead.

Explanation for why I decided to reveal instead of continuing to keep silent for a few more days so I could win and celebrate my victory with medical grade cocaine:
Well I got a PM from Palmer when the day started alerting me that I had received a special gift during the night phase, a bomb!!! With this bomb, anyone who tries to target me for a kill gets blown up in the process along with me. So if the mafia's interested in a 1 for 1 trade tonight, come see me in my private practice next to the monster truck arena later tonight.

If I had to hypothesize on who the mafia is:
My suspects for today are all people who I feel went out of their way to ensure that RNH did not reveal the name, either by unvoting when the vote count reached 11 or posting multiple times that it was a bad idea. My logic might be flawed, but I feel the only person who should've been overtly concerned about the name being revealed is the person who visted RNH. With that said my suspects are (One of which is probably going to be my target tonight):
Kingkitty
Makai
Rats Off To Ya
Boo Boo 'n

With all that said, I'm going to stop typing. If anyone has any questions about anything I've said in this post, let me know.

Burbeting

Banned
We now really need Swamped to tell the name.

This is very important. I'm just writing a theory, that would actually work with QB:s claim, maybe.

Stay tuned.

Interesting, my instinct was to disbelieve you, but looking at it more, it does fill a lot of missing details.

My biggest question then is: Why not target Drop day 1? He was the obvious target to be killed, it would have basically been a free save point. Ulton makes very little sense.

Oh wow, look at all these role claims. I'm kinda feeling left out, so let's change that. I am a neutral CPR practicioner, which allows me to practice CPR on one person a night and save them from a kill if they were targeted. However, if they weren't targeted for a kill, they die because I am just that good at CPR. I win once I save three people from an early death. (I have one as of now)

My targets:
N1: Ultron (I didn't technically save him, I killed him and then batsnacks revived him.)
N3: Rats Off To Ya (I'm guessing this is who Swamped tried to kill last night since I actually saved him.)

Should be obvious by now, I wanted the name so I could CPR them during the night Plus letting town get taken hostage is a bad precedent to set for the day ahead.

Explanation for why I decided to reveal instead of continuing to keep silent for a few more days so I could win and celebrate my victory with medical grade cocaine:
Well I got a PM from Palmer when the day started alerting me that I had received a special gift during the night phase, a bomb!!! With this bomb, anyone who tries to target me for a kill gets blown up in the process along with me. So if the mafia's interested in a 1 for 1 trade tonight, come see me in my private practice next to the monster truck arena later tonight.

My suspects for today are all people who I feel went out of their way to ensure that RNH did not reveal the name, either by unvoting when the vote count reached 11 or posting multiple times that it was a bad idea. My logic might be flawed, but I feel the only person who should've been overtly concerned about the name being revealed is the person who visted RNH. With that said my suspects are (One of which is probably going to be my target tonight):
Kingkitty
Makai
Rats Off To Ya
Boo Boo 'n

With all that said, I'm going to stop typing. If anyone has any questions about anything I've said in this post, let me know.

WTF this game doesn't have many investigative roles I'm guessing, and scum are really weak to any investigative roles we may have

If Swamped targeted rats, it would be good for her to rc.

Except, you could constitute a threat to town...
But might be our only doctor now....

FluxWaveZ

Uh... uh... what.

Unvote

I thought... there was a serial killer? Are you a threat? Is the CPR practitioner considered a town threat?

Out of all these role claims, I'll be honest and say that yours sounds a bit bullshit right now, QuantumBro. And some random bomb? What?

I might have been on the wrong track. I'll shut up now.

So where exactly would a bomb come from? I'm guessing Palmer doesn't just hand those out mid-game, so it must be tied to another role, so there's a bomb handing out role somewhere? Can't say I believe that.

kingkitty

Kingkitty:

1. If the Vig stuff didn't happen, then Time. But if we got confirmation that Rats was targeted then I would probably go for Rats just because that's too hard for me to ignore. I've given my read on Time for why I think he might be a good candidate. There seems to be persuasive arguments for Rats death regardless of he was targeted or not, but my own read on him was more of my obsessive take on his initial behavior towards Swamped's claim, how the behavior could make sense from a scum standpoint. I think I'll try to give a second read on Rats in around 6 hours that's more concentrated on why/why not he should be a lynch candidate regardless of whether he was targeted. I kinda blew my energy/time typing up a read that was more interested in Swamped's claim.

2. Night 1
Drop died (cabot might have tried to save drop but then was overruled by a scum strongman).
Terra was killed by vig Swamped.
Ultron was targeted. If strongman is a scum ability, then I don't think Ultron would be targeted by another scum kill. Able to use two kills each night seems OP. Also I don't see why scum would bother with Ultron, he already had some suspicion on him, unless they were incredibly suspicious of Ultron.The only way I could see scum being able to use strongman and a regular kill is if strongman is an x-shot. I wouldn't say strongman is something that could be used only on Odd days, because the ability was also used on Day 2. If scum did use a strongman on Night 1, what happened to their other, regular kill ability. Is strongman something that could only be used in place of a regular scum kill?

So basically, if Drop was protected by cabot, then scum did use their strongman. And Ultron may have been attacked by an SK for whatever reason, because I feel like scum could push for an Ultron lynch during the day. Seems like a waste of time.

(as I'm typing this it looks like Quantum just gave info as a neutral killer...lol)

3. I slightly touched upon this in my prior post, but Swamped's full post is "You should be able to narrow down who I shot at, there are only a handful of people who have been in my top wolf list. I wanted to avoid shooting at someone whom I could make a case against for lynching." I argued earlier that Rats seemed like he was one of the people who was in Swamped's wolf list. But then the second part seems like a contradiction, saying she wanted to avoid shooting at someone that she could make a case for. If Cornbro was her target on N2, did she believe the couldn't make a case for his lynch on Day 3? Especially when she later pointed out all the handful of people who showed suspicion against him. If the later sentence isn't a typo, then indeed it might not be Rats at all.

It should be noted that Rats told Swamped it was okay to say if she targeted him or not, before she wrote that post. I'm not sure Rats is showing the signs of someone who is "sure" Swamped targeted him. But he didn't seem combative about being a possible lynch candidate over this revelation. I've gone through some possibilities in my prior read about why that may be.

(but apparently Quantum says he protected Rats...lol)

4. I think Rats has been on Flux's radar throughout Day 4, and if Flux just looks at how was also on Swamped's radar, he might be able to connect the dots.

5. Hot picks beyond Time or Rats would've been Flux for giving me trouble vibes, as I wrote in a post earlier. Maybe Crimson just because it's weird for him to continue to survive, while scum put a strongman attack on deputy Cabot instead. These are picks before Quantumbro outed himself lol.

Swamped

Banned
Ugh.

I wanted to try some #unnecessarygambit to trap scum, make them panic thinking i targeted them last night. I can't do that now! Ugh...i really feel like i wasted this power.

My target last night was Rats Off To Ya.

Wait, no it doesn't. My brain it's dumb today geez

Glad you came around, was about to call you out on that.

It was in QB's interest to target someone who was suspicious to town. He must have believed that a vig existed too. Although, why didn't he target super townie people, likely people to get wolf-killed?

Anyway, i don't support any of the targets he's willing to CPR. Especially now that I'm out of bullets.

So where exactly would a bomb come from? I'm guessing Palmer doesn't just hand those out mid-game, so it must be tied to another role, so there's a bomb handing out role somewhere? Can't say I believe that.
Palmer did say the game would be bloodier, though. Seems semi-possible.

kingkitty

WTF this game doesn't have many investigative roles I'm guessing, and scum are really weak to any investigative roles we may have

If Swamped targeted rats, it would be good for her to rc.

Except, you could constitute a threat to town...
But might be our only doctor now....

....we can't rely on him as a doctor.

My targets:

Kingkitty
Makai
Rats Off To Ya
Boo Boo 'n

Not sure I believe the bomb part tbh

And between those 4, who would are you thinking of choosing?

CzarTim

He's also another doctor. Focus on other possible scum.

Czar, btw, what's your opinion on Timeaisis?
Wtf it's wrong with you he has killed a top posting townie and prevented the kill off our vig.

My opinion on time has not changed since I posted my reads list yesterday. Would vote

err, should I deputise now then? I'm not in favour of an early day end, but if there's a chance of that happening.

Burb again is fine with everyone right?

Burbeting

Banned
If you are serious Tim, Crimson needs to deputise someone.

Also, thanks for the name Swamped. It partly destroyed my theory I was writing, but I am going to post it anyway, still finishing writing it.

Top Bottom