• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harry Potter [Mafia] |OT| “Yer a werewolf, ‘Arry”

According to the HP wiki, Horcruxes are "thought to be the darkest of all objects". I feel like this would go well with both the flavor for Crab's ability and the Horcrux win condition itself. We also have to keep in mind that in the books, Filch ended up being responsible for searching for dark items on Hogwarts grounds. I think it makes a huge amount of sense for Crab to be a Horcrux detector, both in terms of the lore and in terms of the game itself.

So the way the game is setup, Dumbledore and friends know about the existence of the Horcruxes but others have the ability to find them.

Crab, what does your role PM mention about your ability. Do you know what you are looking for? And once you find it can you do anything with them?

Flame_AC

I won't make it back on before the end of the day, I don't think. So my vote on the miller will stand, I won't be able to adjust my vote if something comes up more then likely. Hope it works out!

I don't know? Is this crucially important? Are you only asking this of me?

Can you answer my question of whether you have this information for every one in the game? Cause that would seem incredibly strong.

No I don't.

This is just to sate my curiosity. You've been poisoned so I think almost everyone here will rule you out as a Death Eater.

Kawl_USC

No I don't.

This is just to sate my curiosity. You've been poisoned so I think almost everyone here will rule you out as a Death Eater.

Very well. I would be wary about clearing those who claim poisoned as we get closer to end of game obviously. And my earlier post should have provided you with enough to be sated. Might have to search a bit for the meaning though.

Has Blarg cleared up how he messed up the most important part of his investigation? If he doesn't provide a suitable answer, my vote will most likely be on LP tomorrow.

Has Blarg cleared up how he messed up the most important part of his investigation? If he doesn't provide a suitable answer, my vote will most likely be on LP tomorrow.

Cryptography or cryptology; from Greek κρυπτός kryptós, "hidden, secret"; and γράφειν graphein, "writing", or -λογία -logia, "study", respectively is the practice and study of techniques for secure communication in the presence of third parties.

Day 5 votes

lone_prodigy (2)
theexodu5 3041 (3392)
christina mackenzie 3063 (3343)
blargonaut 3172 (3185)
blargonaut 3185 (3197)
theawesomepossum 3189 (3198)
flame_ac 3204
gorlak 3216 (3332)
bananaspaceprincess 3218 (3356)
lord of castamere 3222 (3280)
gorlak 3358

blargonaut (2)
kawl_usc 3086
crab 3304
gorlak 3332 (3358)

do we actually have to vote for players, or am i being slightly too inventive? (0)
crab 3099 (3275)

theawesomepossum (0)
blargonaut 3143 (3166)
lone_prodigy 3165 (3199)

lord of castamere (2)
blargonaut 3197 (3208)
blargonaut 3208 (3353)
roytheone 3217
kalor 3243 (3470)
magnumboy20xx 3464

flame_ac (1)
crab 3275 (3304)
theawesomepossum 3322

enker (0)
lord of castamere 3280 (3459)

flatearthpandas (1)
blargonaut 3353
lone_prodigy 3460 (3461)

gorlak (1)
flatearthpandas 3458

magnumboy20xx (2)
lord of castamere 3459
kalor 3470

gre_1450119600.png

Gorlak

Banned
Anyone still thinking I could be recruited is simply dumb. We have a confirmed Death Eater roleblocker (Dementor) and a confirmed Death Eater Lost Partner (kingkitty). There is not a single reason why I would be a recruitable Death Eater roleblocker. Take a look at the facts. Also my night targets are chosen in town's interest, even though L_P has some weird logic about this (see below)

---
"Spoiled child" my ass...

I have voiced my reasonable doubt about this L_P miller claim and all you came up with was "secret win condition" *hussshh* be quiet, don't ask, believe.

CM has left several questions unanswered because "reasons". He claims to be a role cop and yet didn't verify anyone based on his results even though one of Blarg and him are going to die tonight. Holding back important information for the last few hours, another genius town play... There are so many weird posts from CM in the last few days and no one wants to question them. All you've done is creating confusion and not helping to choose a lynch target today.

It's unlikely the 3 of us can hunt the Horcruxes in 2 days. I don't want any information you have about them. Is that enough to prove our intentions?
(I've pointed to this before, but ignored)
What? You aren't going to achieve the condition? With this being irrelevant, where is the problem to eliminate the doubt about the win condition and L_P? Why is no one willing to talk about this?

---
As I said L_P is still looking very scummy in my eyes, this is just another post aiming at me: #3442
Why would you go out of your way to put dirt on me? Who would be the first one to vote me out if I blocked him? YOU. Tell me exactly how blocking the one super obvious guy I put all my suspicion on yesterday helps town when we still assume a scum switcher is in play?
You aren't dumb, you know exactly this could have happened and that's why I didn't block you. Why do you put suspicion on me for a move which I explained earlier?
You also made it sound like I blocked Ron on purpose, but guess what I didn't know his role before today?!

---
Lone_Prodigy, I have reason to believe that the key may have been compromised. It's only a suspicion but your role might be known to the Death Eaters. Sorry but do what you can with the information you have.

interesting... so no godmode dog, miller.

It's also very interesting CM backed out of his mass claim demand, because Possum's role was confirmed 100% basically reducing uncertainty, not increasing. There is some broken logic here as well.

---
To add something not related on the big clusterfuck of win conditions and miller:
Rita should be a neutral and basing the lynch targets on those reports seems pretty... risky to say the least. The way flatearthpandas reacted to some posts makes me think they are Rita.

Hey there, sorry I wasn't around this weekend. I was crazy busy and now it's Monday morning I'm crazy tired :'(

Right now we have 2 votes at the most, and they are each on:

L_P Some of you say he could cause trouble in the future. But I was wandering how that could be?? The only confusing thing about him is that he shows up as death eater when investigated, but our investigator already took an oath for him. There is a chance that Blarg chimes in soon and messes around some more in which case we should reconsider things here but until then I am still off L_Ps case.

Magnumboy I would rule out MB right now because I never really had a bad feeling about him. I could be terribly wrong of course but I don't want him to claim anything so I am willing to give it a pass right now.

LoC This is more difficult. In the one part of my brain where I have that theory that Crab is scum and plays us like a fiddle, LoC is the one Crab saved from lynching by claiming town aligned investigator! Since I have to put my faith in something my vote would go on him today but as everyone (except maybe that glorious-super-town-team) I have doubts about everything. But I do have one thing that might or might not be something.

Okay. I just woke up. I'll post a full claim soon but fyi I didn't say I would die last night only that another use of my ability would kill me. Which is true in the correct context. I can successfully protect 2 more people at night, on the third person I die, but if Harry Potter is attacked at any point during the game I take a bullet for him.

Also Gorlak, that was the first read list I posted all game, of course I hadn't mentioned you before.

This was his soft claim at the beginning of the d3. It took him two rl days and many people already guessing who he was to write down his full claim. And there he reworded his power and changed this to NK only. I realize how weak this is but when HP got lynched I went back to check on this because I couldn't remember what exactly he said about the taking a bullet for Harry thing and I already had some doubt about him. As I said this is pretty weak and I wish to hear what you think about that.

The other candidates for a lynch today are Gorlak(with or without Crab) and maybe flateathpandas.

Gorlak I don't really see him as a threat atm. And everyone seems to be afraid of losing Crab so I don't see a reason to lynch him today. Maybe it's time for this tomorrow but for now I would say, let him live.

flatearthpandas I actually am still waiting for Blarg and his analysis of the other articles. I tried it myself again but didn't get far. But, since I am a little curious if the article is onto something I am a little tempted to lynch him... I will think about that some more! And I am still hoping for help from Blarg.

As to Crabs question my answer is: Nice try seafood. :p
I am still against a mass RC! Keep your names to yourself everyone!! Especially Rita. If she's just messing around it's not making a difference but seriously if she is another kind of investigator it would be most dangerous for that player to reveal the role!!!
Btw, could you be a little more specific in future in your articles?
Don't answer, just do it! ;)

This was his soft claim at the beginning of the d3. It took him two rl days and many people already guessing who he was to write down his full claim. And there he reworded his power and changed this to NK only. I realize how weak this is but when HP got lynched I went back to check on this because I couldn't remember what exactly he said about the taking a bullet for Harry thing and I already had some doubt about him. As I said this is pretty weak and I wish to hear what you think about that.

Eh, Attack = Night Kill. I didn't reword anything. A lynch isn't an attack.

roytheone

Blarg hasn't posted the other chapters of his big breakdown yet, which is really annoying. Keeping those kind of things until the end of the day sucks, because some people will not be able to comment on it. For example, I will be at work during the last 3 hours of this day, so anything that happens during that time I cant react on :(

Crab, I think you mentioned your ability is to detect the presence of dark arts/magic? I don't think you can find Horcruxes but you can detect those who have the Cruciatus and poison ability. Just my hunch.

I agree with pandas that IF Crab is speaking the truth (which is a very big if, I still think he is lying and is having way to much influence on this group, some of you guys treat him like he is your king), it is more likely that he can find horcruxes then straight up scum. We already seem to have a lot of roles that can find out if the person they target is scum (Burb, Blarg, , you, sawneeks in a way) that it seems a bit unlikely that we have another one. A horcrux detector makes more sense.

Also, Rynam will die tonight of his poison i think (another order member dead :( ), so I think it would be a good idea if he gives his final thoughts to us before the day ends.

Gorlak

Banned
Let's lynch Roy, he's scum hiding on the edge. Since the beginning he bonded with me and didn't contribute shit the last two day phases. He managed to stay unnoticed for a while, but now people look at him.
The super wise role cop without any evidence has him as suspicious. Anyone up for a Roy lynch? Otherwise I'm still sick of L_P, who should've died days ago. You'll look back at this post at the end of the game and worship my superiority. L_P did a big mistake with calling me "tortured" but you all ignore it because I'm the untrustworthy neutral. Now he's "cleared" by nebulous cops (who don't offer any evidence) and will be trusted to the end. L_P is not a miller and he is not Sirius. CM and Blarg have other reasons to let him live. And while I'm at it, Crab is town. 100%. No other possibility. Why would a townie be informed of my role and why would he have to care for me, when outing me serves him/town much more? Flaw right there.
I'm pretty convinced there is a lyncher role after me and he did a pretty good job. Anyway I played way to aggressively to coast through the game as an undetected neutral. There was no way I'd survive this way for long.

Scum: L_P, LoC, Crab, roy (admittedly, one isn't but do your best town)

Vote: roythescum

You all did pretty good to not find a lynch target today.

Kawl_USC

Let's lynch Roy, he's scum hiding on the edge. Since the beginning he bonded with me and didn't contribute shit the last two day phases. He managed to stay unnoticed for a while, but now people look at him.
The super wise role cop without any evidence has him as suspicious. Anyone up for a Roy lynch? Otherwise I'm still sick of L_P, who should've died days ago. You'll look back at this post at the end of the game and worship my superiority. L_P did a big mistake with calling me "tortured" but you all ignore it because I'm the untrustworthy neutral. Now he's "cleared" by nebulous cops (who don't offer any evidence) and will be trusted to the end. L_P is not a miller and he is not Sirius. CM and Blarg have other reasons to let him live. And while I'm at it, Crab is town. 100%. No other possibility. Why would a townie be informed of my role and why would he have to care for me, when outing me serves him/town much more? Flaw right there.
I'm pretty convinced there is a lyncher role after me and he did a pretty good job. Anyway I played way to aggressively to coast through the game as an undetected neutral. There was no way I'd survive this way for long.

Say what now? Which is? I can understand you may be frustrated at some of the way the game is playing, but I do agree with others your posting style has gotten more aggressive and not in the productive way like the first few days.

And I don't believe that Roy is scum. I will say that his quietness is a little striking. How does Roy strike everyone else lately?

Gorlak

Banned
All I can offer is to play in town's interest. I'd never use my ability against town if you wish so (on that note Kalor can't be the stupefier role, I blocked him last night, I'd even say Ron Weasley is no power role at all, he doesn't know anything and is pretty useless in general)

Anyway I'm running off track again.

If you want me to help you, I'll be at your side and hunt down scum. I will adjust my tone and stop to blatantly accuse people I admit today was a bit over the top. Maybe my deductions will be worth it, just in keep mind I want to scrutinize people thouroughly. Some attained a questionable position of general trust and that may turn out as the biggest hurdle for town to win.

All I can offer is to play in town's interest. I'd never use my ability against town if you wish so (on that note Kalor can't be the stupefier role, I blocked him last night, I'd even say Ron Weasley is no power role at all, he doesn't know anything and is pretty useless in general)
To be fair, almost every character in the series is useless. I wouldn't rule out Ron still. If mods applied the punishment to Christina, wouldn't it be possible that they didn't apply the punishment at all to Ron? It's not like they could tell Crab "jk you're not stupified."

Hmm.

Returning to earlier in the day, where Enker was offering to claim to protect, Crab, was the whole thought process just to verify that Crab had supposedly done at least one succesful read? Has Enker been verified by anyone?

roytheone

There is so much sarcasm in this post that I have trouble to determine if your suspicion of me is genuine or also sarcasm. People, don't put sarcasm in your posts unless you make it 100 % clear, it will just create confusion.

BTW, I have a question for you Gorlak, maybe you have already answered this but I want to make it clear: do you have an alternative survivor win condition?

Hmm.

Returning to earlier in the day, where Enker was offering to claim to protect, Crab, was the whole thought process just to verify that Crab had supposedly done at least one succesful read? Has Enker been verified by anyone?

I asked Enker to explain how claiming his name would help us test Crab, but he hasn't responded yet.

I'm getting pretty fed up about this Gorlak, for the past 3 days all you've done is whine and moan about the secret win condition (remember the part in the book where Dumbledore and friends fuck off to his magical castle to party hard and get high? My favorite chapter) and how Lone_Prodigy is lying. That's counter productive.

Remember how the confusion all started? Blarg revealed about the alternative win condition on Day 2 and no one cried about it. This all happened because of Retroid whom most have said did not play well in the day's closing stages (no offense, Retriod). Did not claim to be Harry Potter (could have asked Blarg to vet him when he was still around), hinted I was part of the 3 forcing me to reveal myself then posted his interpretation about the alternate win condition which he thinks does not apply to town. If he's playing poorly under pressure why do you trust him with regards to alternate win condition? He's wrong.

In fact, the Death Eaters probably freaked out that there was another investigator and forcing Hogwarts to talk about the alternate win condition is the best way to get everyone off track, which is exactly what you are doing.

How do I know Lone_Prodigy is Sirius Black? What he claims in this post matches the information I have. I can interrogate him if you wish (You see a turtle lying on it's back) but again it'll still be my word that you'll have to take.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=188774924#post188774924

In fact, I suspected he was Sirius the way he was so quick to dismiss TheGoddamn's Sirius claim earlier in the game.

Why did I vote for him earlier in the day? Yes, what he did annoyed me but I wanted to see if I could bait other Death Eaters into voting for him along with me. That's why I didn't back up Blarg immediately when he mentioned the superweapon.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=188825390&postcount=3223

I followed up with a popcorn gif.

There might be death eaters in this list.

lone_prodigy (2)
theexodu5 3041 (3392)
blargonaut 3172 (3185)
blargonaut 3185 (3197)
flame_ac 3204
gorlak 3216 (3332)
gorlak 3358

I also had suspicions on BSP and questioned her about L_P and there being 2 millers but no reply.

Forget about lore for the moment, is there anything about L_P that makes you think he's lying?

You have to admit the speed at which he backed up his claim was very quick.. like it has been planned out. Is there another Sirius Black out there who should role claim?

It's unlikely there are 2 millers in this game but there were 2 armorers in the Star Wars game.

Why back out of the role claim plan? I can confirm who Lone_Prodigy is that's 1. The other 2 people I can vet (99% sure) are both on death row. The tank is gone, I was hoping to recruit a decent size body of confirmed Hogwarts but this is all I can do at best. 4 people.

My job as an investigator was simple, gather information and survive. Create a confirmed list of Hogwarts player that everyone can trust and let the Death Eaters kill me to confirm everything I've said. Why make it so difficult?

TheExodu5

Banned
Busy weekend is over with. Going to work, but I'll try to catch up with everything that's happened over the weekend (not much, by the looks of it).

Why hasn't blarg continued his analysis of the articles? Has anyone else? Has anyone found a precedent for articles referring to avatars? It seems plausible, but I don't want to throw my vote blindly.

TheExodu5

Banned
Just read article 3. Speaks of Ron having some sort of agreement or link with McGonagal. If Kalor is confirmed Ron, I can't find any evidence around that post of him agreeing with anyone other than Crab (who is not McGonagal). And I haven't seen either avatar. So I can't find a basis for this article at all.

Crabs says Rita should claim. If she's Hogwarts then we trust her articles and lynch theflatearthpandas. If not then we assume she's Neutral and pay no attention to the articles.

We're on our own today. No idea where Blarg is.

Spill the beans, do you think it's fun to keep everyone waiting? If you have my alignment drop the info. If you have ANYTHING useful HELP us. It's so frustrating to play with you.

What are you waiting for?

First light on the fifth Day

▶

VOTE: Crab
UNVOTE: Crab

Behold the simple truth.

The players involved:

• 10. [m] Gorlak — MINISTRY OF MAGIC; Undersecretary Dolores Umbridge, Neutral or 3rd-party? Survivor/Marker-Roleblocker/Lover❤Crab.shipping... claimed D4 {{spellstruck twice on N2; was Cruciated by Hyperactivity, was Stupefied by ??? for duration of D3}} >>N1: punished Lone_Prodigy, but failed, had been +roleblocked.DementorAura+ >>N2: punished roytheone, marked and roleblocked target >>N3: punished Christina Mackenzie, but failed, had been +roleblocked.ExpelliarmusSpell+ >>N4: punished Kalor, marked and roleblocked target
  • 11. [m] Hyperactivity — DEATH EATER; Bellatrix Lestrange, Mafia-aligned Name Interrogator (lynched D3) >>N1: Cruciated Blargonaut, learned his Role-name >>N2: Cruciated Gorlak, learned his Role-name
  • 18. [m] Crab — HOGWARTS; Caretaker Argus Filch, Town-aligned Bad stuff Inspector/Lover❤Gorlak.shipping... claimed D3 >>N1: checked Swamped for Bad stuff, found nothing Bad >>N2: checked Lord of Castamere for Bad stuff, found nothing Bad >>N3: checked Enker for Bad stuff, found nothing Bad >>N4: checked TheAwesomePossum for Bad stuff, found nothing Bad
Take another look at the Nightly Events of D1 and D2:

---
D1 elapsed
N1 Events¬unordered
  • Retroid chooses to refrain from action.
  • Rynam watches Swamped for visitors.
  • Rynam sees Crab visit Swamped.
  • Swamped is attacked by ???; player eliminated.
  • TheWorthyEdge fails to steal anything from Lord of Castamere; no item found.
  • Gorlak fails to punish-mark-roleblock Lone_Prodigy, had been roleblocked by ???_'DementorAura'.
  • Hyperactivity Cruciates Blargonaut; learns Blargonaut's Role-name.
  • Burbeting's only action?
  • Crab checks Swamped for Bad stuff; nothing Bad found.
  • Crab is swapped with ??? by ???.
  • Blargonaut investigates kingkitty; discovers enemy player.
  • Blargonaut is Stupefied by ???; vowels erased from speech for one Day.
  • TheGoddamn chooses to refrain from action. Is notified of Miracle's swap of Rynam and Burbeting.
  • Lord of Castamere defends Hyperactivity; yet no one attacked, so shot was unspent, 3/3 shots left.
  • Miracle swaps Rynam with Burbeting.
  • Sawneeks gives Hyperactivity the 'Sword of Gryffindor'; equip fails, as Hyperactivity is not Town-aligned. The 'Sword of Gryffindor' returns to her.
  • Sawneeks is poisoned by ???; will perish on N3.
D2 elapsed
N2 Events¬unordered
  • Retroid fails to roleblock Miracle, had been roleblocked by ???.
  • Rynam watches Blargonaut for visitors.
  • Rynam sees TheGoddamn visit Blargonaut.
  • TheWorthyEdge steals the 'Marvolo Ring Horcrux' from Blargonaut.
  • TheWorthyEdge is poisoned by ???; will perish on N4.
  • Gorlak punishes roytheone; marks and roleblocks roytheone that Night.
  • Gorlak is Stupefied by ???; vowels erased from speech for one Day.
  • Hyperactivity Cruciates Gorlak; learns Gorlak's Role-name.
  • Burbeting is attacked by ???; player eliminated.
  • Crab checks Lord of Castamere for Bad stuff; nothing Bad found.
  • Blargonaut commands destruction of 'Marvolo Ring Horcrux'; destruction fails, as it is stolen by TheWorthyEdge before command takes effect.
  • TheGoddamn swaps Blargonaut with Burbeting; swap successful, takes priority over Miracle's swap.
  • Lord of Castamere defends Blargonaut; successfully intercepts attack, shot spent, 2/3 shots left. With the 'Ninja' Role-modifier, his visit is unseen by Rynam.
  • roytheone is marked and roleblocked by Gorlak's punishment.
  • Miracle swaps Blargonaut with Gorlak; swap fails, as TheGoddamn's swap takes priority.
  • Sawneeks gives the 'Sword of Gryffindor' to ???; equip successful, as ??? is Town-aligned.
---

Note these, in particular:

N1 Events¬unordered
  • Rynam watches Swamped for visitors.
  • Rynam sees Crab visit Swamped.
  • Swamped is attacked by ???; player eliminated.
  • Hyperactivity Cruciates Blargonaut; learns Blargonaut's Role-name.
  • Crab checks Swamped for Bad stuff; nothing Bad found.
D2 elapsed
N2 Events¬unordered
  • Gorlak punishes roytheone; marks and roleblocks roytheone that Night.
  • Hyperactivity Cruciates Gorlak; learns Gorlak's Role-name.
Hyperactivity was the scum investigator, via the Cruciatus spell. He Crucio'd me on N1... but then who did he Crucio on N2?

None other than Gorlak.

Umbridge.

That means scum knew who Umbridge was before D3 even started.

And when did Crab make his first apparent breadcrumb, the breadcrumb that he quoted right after his Role-claim, that hinted that he was apparently Argus Filch? Keep in mind, that Crab made his Argus Filch Role-claim on D3, as I've linked up, up above.

Okay, let me put it this way. There is a specific reason it would be bad for me to role-claim. I'm not going to say why, because then mafia know what to do and what not to do. What I will say is this: I have very carefully alluded to my role in enough ways a particularly observant person can make a good judgement as to an important part of it. If you reread my posts in this day carefully, you'll notice I'm actually really glad under suspiscion, and also that I know who someone is. That should be enough.

^This breadcrumb was posted during D3 itself.

Not a breadcrumb on D1. Not a breadcrumb on D2. Posted on D3 itself, the same Day of his Role-claim later on, when by that time, Hyperactivity had already discovered on N2 that Gorlak was Umbridge. Hyperactivity had undoubtedly relayed this info to the rest of the scum team, and that gave them time to formulate a fake Role-claim for one of their members in the form of Argus Filch, friend and Lover to Umbridge. Crab is a fraud.

Why else would Gorlak state that he had no knowledge of Filch in his own Role PM? Because Crab is a fraud, and scum fabricated the Umbridge-fake Filch Lover connection from their surprisingly in-depth knowledge of the lore, considering that they knew of the lore Filch's appreciation of Umbridge's strict disciplinary measures during her time as Headmistress in the books. They based this fake association around their knowledge of Gorlak being Umbridge and their knowledge of the lore, and used these both to attach Crab to Gorlak like a parasite, neatly ensuring that we would not lynch the Neutral Roleblocker out of a fear of simultaneously eliminating a "Town-aligned" investigator.

Which brings me to Crab's claim that he is a "Dark Magic item" detector; a power-claim that, I might add, only came AFTER I had outed the existence of the Horcruxes at the beginning of D3, when I had stated that the Ring Horcrux was stolen from me (by who we now know was TheWorthyEdge). Both Crab's "breadcrumb" and "Role-claim" came much later in the Day, you could say, after scum had time to weave in this knowledge of the Horcruxes' existence into his fake Role and conveniently attributing his fake power to the lore Filch's once-upon-a-time assignment of checking Hogwarts students for Dark Magic. Again, revealing a rather in-depth knowledge of the lore.

Crab is a fraud, and his power is fake; an ability pieced together out of snippets of lore and the Horcrux info revealed by me, tailored in an attempt to make himself appear useful to our secondary Win condition.

Crab's list of targets is fake and fabricated. He never investigated anyone at all, and it's so easy to claim that you investigated someone for "Dark Magic" and "Dark Magic accessories" and then state that you didn't find anything, because it is inherently understood that the Horcruxes would be fairly rare, so Crab having absolutely no positive nor useful results to share after every single Night he was "investigating" would seem believable. It's a beautifully-crafted fake Role-claim, but it is fabricated nonetheless.

And, remember most importantly of all; we still have not solved the mystery of Swamped's death, despite Rynam having witnessed Crab being the sole visitor to her that Night, N1. I have always believed and continue to believe that the simplest explanation is exactly that; that Crab killed Swamped on N1.

tl;dr: Crab is a fraud with a fake Role-claim. There's far too much convenience in timing surrounding his Role-claim, considering that Hyperactivity, therefore the scum team, knew that Gorlak was Umbridge before D3, the Day of Crab's Role-claim, dawned. There are also unexplained events surrounding him, namely him being the only visitor to Swamped before her death on N1. Crab is so obviously a Death Eater, and I regret not having seen these links before.

I have to yet to explore who else is guilty-by-association, but I believe that Lord of Castamere may also be in on it, seeing that Crab helped to seemingly exonerate him from lynching with his claimed "power" on D2?, was it? Lord of Castamere's own Role-claim is also highly-suspect, and I really doubt that he's protected me at all, considering that I've been confirmed-by-prank-PM swapped during both Nights he claims to have defended me from a second attack/second NK'er, of which there is no evidence of either.

I also have reason to believe, that bananaspaceprincess is also a Death Eater, owing to the rather in-depth lore snippets used to fabricate Crab's fake ID. It would also relatively explain her absence, having to maintain scum's use of lore towards deception from the base of the scum thread.

Vote out Crab, then Lord of Castamere, then bananspaceprincess. Also, I still retain my suspicion towards flatearthpandas.

~

TABLE OF CONTENTS
- The Profit of Regret, Pt. 1, Pt. 1 (Article 4 Breakdown, Pt. 1)
- The Profit of Regret, Pt. 1, Pt. 2 (Article 4 Breakdown, Pt. 2)
- The Profit of Regret, Pt. 2 (Article 3 Breakdown)
- The Profit of Regret, Pt. 3 (Article 2 Breakdown)
- The Profit of Regret, Pt. 4 (Article 1 Breakdown)
- Overworld Summary v2.0
- Your Designated Hit List for the Future (ft. NameclaimzZz) ((I still need them, keep them coming))
- Rustle Jumpscarecrow

Will there be time for everything? I fear not.

Lone_Prodigy, Kalor

If we cross examine the list that voted for Lone_Prodigy earlier before I cleared him and the vote list from his earlier post when Hyper was lynched, bananaspaceprincess stands out.

Do you agree that's a smart target for today?

lone_prodigy (2)
theexodu5 3041 (3392)
blargonaut 3172 (3185)
blargonaut 3185 (3197)
flame_ac 3204
gorlak 3216 (3332)
gorlak 3358

Going through Blarg's posts.

The people who voted for Retroid yesterday:

Kawl
Magnum
Enker
Roy
Flame

A bandwagon didn't really take off and scum won't casually toss a vote on a teammate. I think I can clear Kawl from the Deep Six.

That leaves:

BSP
Retroid
Christina
flatearthpandas

Arkos/flat was so quiet I can't get any reads on him. If he's not scum he's close to a policy lynch for low activity. I haven't heard much from BSP or Christina.

I want to hear from Gorlak about his N3 action: why did you pick Christina and how were you blocked?

VOTE: Retroid

Mainly about the Hyper post quoted above by Blarg.

Secondary vote is for Christina.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
?tt?ck?ng m? ?n ? d?y ? c?n't ?v?n d?f?nd mys?lf pr?p?rly ?s s?m? b?llsh?t. L?t?r?lly ?v?ry d?y ? j?st?fy mys?lf, y?? ?v?nt??lly d?c?d? ?'m r?ght, ?nd th?n th?n th? n?xt d?y y?? g? thr??gh th?s sh?n?n?g?ns ?ll ?v?r ?g??n. ?f y?? ?r? d?t?rm?n?d t? d? th?s, ?t l??st d? ?t th? pr?p?r w?y ?nd lynch G?rl?k. ? w?n't h?v? my d??th b? ?nt?r?ly ?n v??n.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
So the way the game is setup, Dumbledore and friends know about the existence of the Horcruxes but others have the ability to find them.

Crab, what does your role PM mention about your ability. Do you know what you are looking for? And once you find it can you do anything with them?

N? ?nd n?.

?s t? th? s?cr?t ? kn?w, ?t's n?t ?ct??lly ?s?f?l f?r lynch?ng ?ny?n?, ?t's ?b??t H?rcr?x?s ?nd ? d?n't ?nt?nd t? sh?r? ?t ?nt?l r?ght b?f?r? ? d??.

nin1000

Banned
Next time someone votes and unvotes on the same post, he will get modkilled. It was fun the first time.

Same goes for purposely false written names.

?tt?ck?ng m? ?n ? d?y ? c?n't ?v?n d?f?nd mys?lf pr?p?rly ?s s?m? b?llsh?t. L?t?r?lly ?v?ry d?y ? j?st?fy mys?lf, y?? ?v?nt??lly d?c?d? ?'m r?ght, ?nd th?n th?n th? n?xt d?y y?? g? thr??gh th?s sh?n?n?g?ns ?ll ?v?r ?g??n. ?f y?? ?r? d?t?rm?n?d t? d? th?s, ?t l??st d? ?t th? pr?p?r w?y ?nd lynch G?rl?k. ? w?n't h?v? my d??th b? ?nt?r?ly ?n v??n.

Crab:
"Attacking me on a day I can't even defend myself properly is some bullshit. Literally every day I justify myself, you eventually decide I'm right, and then then the next day you go through this shenanigans all over again. If you are determined to do this, at least do it the proper way and lynch Gorlak. I won't have my death be entirely in vain."​

STFU Wormtongue, your self-pity won't work on me.

I and others here can translate the subtle poison you've been spreading for you, so by all means, please defend yourself.

Once, I may have opted for lynching Gorlak to affirm your words, but now that I've seen the light, I'm not going to lynch him for the sake of an entirely one-sided parasitic relationship.

You must be the one to go. You killed Swamped, and your Role-claim is fraudulent.

Kawl_USC

N? ?nd n?.

?s t? th? s?cr?t ? kn?w, ?t's n?t ?ct??lly ?s?f?l f?r lynch?ng ?ny?n?, ?t's ?b??t H?rcr?x?s ?nd ? d?n't ?nt?nd t? sh?r? ?t ?nt?l r?ght b?f?r? ? d??.
No and no.
As to the secret I know, it's not actually useful for lynching anyone. It's about horcruxes and I don't intend to share it until right before I die.

So Gorlak has stated that he has been tortured N2, right? (I'm going from memory)
What if it is very simple again and Crab is just scum. He would have known Gorlaks role by D3 and it was easy for him to just say that he is a secret lover or whatever to Umbridge. Gorlak does not know anything about him either which is even more perfect.
As I said there are a lot of things speaking against this and I am tired. What do you guys think about that?

Thanks Blarg for coming to the same conclusion I did two days ago. I don't know how that make me scum now but since people seem to listen to you maybe we can finally put an end to that.

Vote: Crab

I don't know? Is this crucially important? Are you only asking this of me?

Can you answer my question of whether you have this information for every one in the game? Cause that would seem incredibly strong.

No and no.
As to the secret I know, it's not actually useful for lynching anyone. It's about horcruxes and I don't intend to share it until right before I die.

Kawl, could it mean... ???

Thanks Blarg for coming to the same conclusion I did two days ago. I don't know how that make me scum now but since people seem to listen to you maybe we can finally put an end to that.

Vote: Crab

Now that's a jumpscare

I find your hasty supportive vote here, and flatearthpandas' preemptive analysis of the Daily Prophet articles before my own continuation, as being the most #scumtell-ish of all.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
? c?n't ?v?n g?v? ? g?? d?f?nc? ?f mys?lf wh?n ?t t?k?s ?b??t ?n h??r f?r ?ny?n? t? r??d my p?sts. Bl?rg ?s d??ng th?s b?c??s? fr?nkly h? c?n't pl?y, b?t ?f ?ny?n? ?s ?rg??ng b?th 1. t? k?ll m? wh?n ? c?n't ??s?ly g?v? ? r??d l?st ?r r?sp?ns? ?nd 2. ?nst??d ?f g??ng ?ft?r G?rl?k (?spc??lly wh?n h?s pl?ystyl? ch?ng?d s? m?ch ?v?r th? l?st d?y), fr?nkly ? th?nk th? ?r? w?g?n?ng. ?'m ?sp?c??lly s?sp?c???s ?f R?y ?nd BSP, ?ft?r th?y sp?nt th? d?y t?g-t??m?ng m?.

VOTE: bananaspaceprincess

TheExodu5

Banned
I've said since yesterday that we should lynch Gorlak. We're still going to have to take him out sooner or later.

If we lynch Crab and Blarg is right about Crab: we lynch Crab today and Gorlak tomorrow..
If we lynch Crab and Blarg is wrong about Crab: we lynch Crab today and Gorlak tomorrow.

If we lynch Gorlak and Blarg is right about Crab: we lynch Gorlak today and Crab tomorrow.
If we lynch Gorlak and Blarg is wrong about Crab: we lynch Gorlak and Crab dies today.

We stand to gain an extra lynch in the case that Blarg is wrong about Crab. The only downside is that Crab stays alive one more night. It depends whether or not we think he can do real damage as Scum if he stays alive for one more night.

I still think the best course of action is to lynch Gorlak, since we won't be wasting 2 lynches in the case that we're wrong.

Now that's a jumpscare

I find your hasty supportive vote here, and flatearthpandas' preemptive analysis of the Daily Prophet articles before my own continuation, as being the most #scumtell-ish of all.
Yes, obviously the town thing to do is to let the accusation stand while the great Blarg takes an indefinite amount of time to maybe post an infallible six part analysis. You can fuck right off with that.

Gorlak

Banned
Why would you lynch me at all? I'm acting in town's interest and will disappear if I manage to block everyone alive once.

Top Bottom