• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy [Mafia] |OT| Living in a Materia World, and I am a Materia Girl

roytheone

To be fair, Roy whipped my ass aswell so it was a fair game. GG roy

Yep, and that was totally NOT because you decided to play with a race you are not good with, nope, totally was not a factor.

NOPE, NOT A FACTOR!!! Why are you looking at me like that? :(

The darkness faded to reveal not one, but two lifeless dolls.

"Whoa-ho-ho!" chuckled Lulu, "Looks like you folks got biz-zay!"

The doll known as zippedpinhead sat burnt to a crisp, and from its body emerged a rather blocky-looking spirit resembling a spellcaster in a white hood. A large "9999" flashed in the air above its head before it dissolved into nothingness.

Sitting across the arena was the doll formerly known as Xamtheking, whose plush body bubbled with a dark, malevolent energy and shriveled away by the second. The spirit of beautiful yet intimidating woman with tentacles sprouting from her back burst forth from the desecrated doll and suddenly lunged towards Lulu. She quickly tossed a spell its way and banished it to the afterlife without a second thought.

"Well well well, our first Warrior of Chaos is down," said Lulu proudly. "I knew you guys could do it! Go out there and kick their buttz!"

zippedpinhead, AKA White Mage, The Ordinary Party Member, and Xamtheking, AKA The Cloud of Darkness, Avatar of Evil are dead.
Welcome to the Colosseum, my doll.

You have been chosen to house the soul of White Mage, The Ordinary Party Member.

You are aligned with The Warriors of Cosmos (the good guys, in other words).

Though you’re among the bravest of warriors, your actual scope of abilities is quite limited. Thus, the only power available to you is to VOTE for who you deem most suspect. Votes can be carried out at any time during the day phase, and whoever has the most votes at the end of the day shall be executed by the queen of this realm.

You win when there are no Warriors of Chaos remaining.

Your battle starts here:
Everyone, look sharp.

Welcome to the Colosseum, my doll.

You have been chose to house the soul of The Cloud of Darkness, Avatar of Evil.

You are aligned with The Warriors of Chaos (the bad guys, in other words).

You appear whenever there is an imbalance between light and darkness, to return everything to a world of nothingness. You bear a strong hatred for the likes of humankind, but are willing to grudgingly have congress with a select few in order to ensure the eradication of all life.

Your partners are a well-kept secret.

Each night, one of the Warriors of Chaos may kill one of the other players by PMing ScraftyDevil with the command KILL: <Player>

Twice per game, you may call upon your ultimate technique by PMing ScraftyDevil the command ULTRA PARTICLE BEAM: <Player>. This counts as your team’s KILL command for the night, but looses an unstoppable deadly blast that surpasses any additional effects targeting a player. This power is unaffected by other commands, including a doctor’s protection and the powers of your own partners.

You win when the Warriors of Chaos outnumber both the Warriors of Cosmos and Neutral players put together.

The battle starts here:
Everyone, look sharp.

Day 3 begins.

blu_1451581200.png

Now, before you go stabbey-stabbey lynchy-lynchy killey-killey, I'd like for you all to at least hear me out. To clarify, I'm not changing my role claim or any bs like that. I am who I claimed, The Warrior of Light, Leader of Cosmos

Anyways, as to what happened yesterday, I do have a theory on this game's design. There were two cops, and the game was designed with the idea that as soon as the 1st cop claims, the 2nd cop counterclaims, and then 1 will be lynched, and the other lynched the next day. Unfortunately, for having so many cops, I'm sure this scum team is incredibly powerful, and this means that we will be two cops and a doctor down if you decide to lynch me.

As to why I am alive, my main theories is either a scum switcher being stupid or a town switcher coming to my rescue. The 1st one makes me think that there is some hidden partner in this game that scum don't necessarily know about/they do know about and they thought I was one of them. OR, they decided to try and manipulate a possible vigilante kill that was likely headed my way for a 2nd kill

Town switcher, perhaps someone thought I may still yet turn out to be town

Fascinating.

I have a theory.. could Xam have used his power and the mafia killed him? I know it says that his ability counts as the kill command, but it's not in his PM at least that they only get one.

Also, we know there must be some roleblock shenanigans from Xam's role description.

Obviously, someone has some explaining to do.

VOTE: Hyperactivity

As to why I am alive, my main theories is either a scum switcher being stupid or a town switcher coming to my rescue. The 1st one makes me think that there is some hidden partner in this game that scum don't necessarily know about/they do know about and they thought I was one of them. OR, they decided to try and manipulate a possible vigilante kill that was likely headed my way for a 2nd kill

Town switcher, perhaps someone thought I may still yet turn out to be town

You didn't get switched. Why would anyone town protect you after Swamped's flip? More likely, you were left untouched because mafia knew we'd lynch you and there is no vig.

What I said yesterday still stands, I'm suspicious of the people that suddenly came out at the end of the day supporting my lynch. Given that there were two town members up for the lynch, I imagine scum split themselves beteent he to groups, perhaps between the two

Anyways, given the two cops, I was REALLY worried about a framer, investigated starsketch, who is TOWN

You didn't get switched. Why would anyone town protect you after Swamped's flip? More likely, you were left untouched because mafia knew we'd lynch you and there is no vig.

There obviously is a vig. Mafia probable thought a kill was headed towards me, sought to manipulate it and have me lynched in the morning/thought I was a hidden partner or something (sorry to disappoint)

There obviously is a vig. Mafia probable thought a kill was headed towards me, sought to manipulate it and have me lynched in the morning/thought I was a hidden partner or something (sorry to disappoint)

Skipped over the scum switcher bit. Ok, I'll buy that. Possibly switched with Xam, not knowing he was a hidden partner.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Two things: 1. Hyper, who did you investigate

2. Scrafty, are we reading to much into flavor, did Xam have access to the scum chat?

Darryl

Banned
i don't believe this shit. everyone turbo hyperactivity. the only reason to keep the day going is to find out who the rest of the scum are in coordination with the 2 guilty ones before we lose anymore at night. i don't think it'll be hard based on how obviously scum the two of them were.

Anyways, I fucking knew it. Should have never stuck my neck out for Xam on day 1. Dude was acting scummy all across day 2.

Anyways, based on xam's role flip, do you think we have a back-up doctor of some sort? It specifically mentions doctor's protection, scrafty, would Xam's power have gotten through a bulletproof player?

Now, before you go stabbey-stabbey lynchy-lynchy killey-killey, I'd like for you all to at least hear me out. To clarify, I'm not changing my role claim or any bs like that. I am who I claimed, The Warrior of Light, Leader of Cosmos

Anyways, as to what happened yesterday, I do have a theory on this game's design. There were two cops, and the game was designed with the idea that as soon as the 1st cop claims, the 2nd cop counterclaims, and then 1 will be lynched, and the other lynched the next day. Unfortunately, for having so many cops, I'm sure this scum team is incredibly powerful, and this means that we will be two cops and a doctor down if you decide to lynch me.

Dear lord Hyper, the gig is up. You're facade has broke and you're wasting your energy trying to glue it back together instead of just accepting that we can all see you for what you really are: scum. You're "2 cops who are suppose to end up getting each other lynched" idea just seems like bad game design and almost certainly would have made it into the final game, so I just can't buy it.

Vote: Hyperactivity

Darryl

Banned
Sorry sorry. I've been reading shit in a hurry and I thought the well-kept secret bit was for Xam's sake.

Alright, so... wtf happened last night?

mafia killed the confirmed town. a vig/neutral killed obvious scum, knowing today we wouldn't have a problem turboing the confirmed scum.

Dear lord Hyper, the gig is up. You're facade has broke and you're wasting your energy trying to glue it back together instead of just accepting that we can all see you for what you really are: scum. You're "2 cops who are suppose to end up getting each other lynched" idea just seems like bad game design and almost certainly would have made it into the final game, so I just can't buy it.

Vote: Hyperactivity

I've fallen into traps assuming ideas on the game design. If you're not willing to expect the unexpected, this game, along with any other in the future, is going to be a nasty surprise in the future

Think about it for a second. Why in the world, would I, as scum, claim cop first night. Would I not make him a weak cop? Aren't there better claims. Woudln't there be an easier way to "protect" Xamtheking, such as voting for UltraJay

i don't believe this shit. everyone turbo hyperactivity. the only reason to keep the day going is to find out who the rest of the scum are in coordination with the 2 guilty ones before we lose anymore at night. i don't think it'll be hard based on how obviously scum the two of them were.

I don't give a crap if you "believe this shit". The rest of town has a say in this, remember?

Two things: 1. Hyper, who did you investigate

2. Scrafty, are we reading to much into flavor, did Xam have access to the scum chat?

I investigated starsketch, who came up as town

You know what? Nah. I buy more that our vig decided Xam was more suspicious than any switching shenanigans.

I say turbo Hyper.

I'm saying mafia thought a vig would target me, but the vig instead shot xam

In any case, I'm against the TURBO for the sole reason that everyone playing this game should get to check in on this game

Kevyt

What I said yesterday still stands, I'm suspicious of the people that suddenly came out at the end of the day supporting my lynch. Given that there were two town members up for the lynch, I imagine scum split themselves beteent he to groups, perhaps between the two

Anyways, given the two cops, I was REALLY worried about a framer, investigated starsketch, who is TOWN

Okay and who are your two top suspects?
Also, can you please answer this two questions:?

------>
Two things: 1. Hyper, who did you investigate?

Yes Hyper, who did you investigate?

I was mad at the end of Day 2. I'm not letting off the hook those who wanted to lunch Swamped that easy, it seems to me that you needed insider information to be so passionately want to lynch her.

None of her posts or explanations came off as scum to me, only Hyper's yet some in here were so eager and convinced she was scum.

Hmmmmmm......

In the meantime, Vote: Hyperactivity

Darryl

Banned
hyperactivity got targeted and ended up with his fake role claim in the first place because of my pressure onto xam day #1

hyperactivity got targeted and ended up with his fake role claim in the first place because of my pressure onto xam day #1

And I claimed cop

Y'know, regular cop, no stipulations so that another cop in the game would think I could coexist with her, nope, I straight out claimed cop

Darryl

Banned
And I claimed cop

Y'know, regular cop, no stipulations so that another cop in the game would think I could coexist with her, nope, I straight out claimed cop

dude if you flip town, i'd bet you'd have tailored your role to make you look town so you can keep starsketch alive. you're scum. we need to turbo you before you talk anymore.

Okay and who are your two top suspects?
Also, can you please answer this two questions:?

------>

Yes Hyper, who did you investigate?

I was mad at the end of Day 2. I'm not letting off the hook those who wanted to lunch Swamped that easy, it seems to me that you needed insider information to be so passionately want to lynch her.

None of her posts or explanations came off as scum to me, only Hyper's yet some in here were so eager and convinced she was scum.

Hmmmmmm......

In the meantime, Vote: Hyperactivity

I'm going to look at the votes again, but my main read will be based off of the fact of how scum would behave

Hear they have the claimed cop, and then the other cop claims. I imagine this scum team is either pretty large or has really good roles, given two cops, but they're not sure. Given that they know for a fact that Swamped and I are (probably) town, they likely split themselves up between the two votes. So again, it's those people from both sides that suddenly came out at the end of the day, and perhaps some other people on the Swamped vote

Holy shit if a tracker caught scum or something last night, you really wouldn't give him the chance to at least check in

We're too close to turbo, someone take a vote off

dude if you flip town, i'd bet you'd have tailored your role to make you look town so you can keep starsketch alive. you're scum. we need to turbo you before you talk anymore.

Yeah, there's a tailor in this game, but everything else in unbelievable Darryl

Use your fucking brain and think

WHY would scum claim a full-fledged alignment cop day 1. WHY. THERE ARE SO MANY ROLES T PICK. I could've said vig, it's not unprecedented or unthinkable that there are multipl vigilantes in the game. I could've said weak cop. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Kevyt

I'm going to look at the votes again, but my main read will be based off of the fact of how scum would behave

Hear they have the claimed cop, and then the other cop claims. I imagine this scum team is either pretty large or has really good roles, given two cops, but they're not sure. Given that they know for a fact that Swamped and I are (probably) town, they likely split themselves up between the two votes. So again, it's those people from both sides that suddenly came out at the end of the day, and perhaps some other people on the Swamped vote

I have never seen a Mafia game with two cops on the game who were on the same side...

I think it would be too OP and create a huge disparity.

I'm not buying your reasoning.

Darryl

Banned

swamped died because she tried to lynch the "claimed cop" after mafia kept the "claimed cop" alive, while simultaneously trying a gambit to be undercover as the actual cop. the two didn't work well, and those fighting for peace and order in this mafia game had to make hard decisions. if you don't know what happened, you should look up what happened, because leading lynches based on your own misunderstandings is not town play

I have never seen a Mafia game with two cops on the game who were on the same side...

I think it would be too OP and create a huge disparity.

I'm not buying your reasoning.

YEah, Seath, there is a scum alignment cop for some fucking reason

Not really, it's crazy as all hell, but if the game is designed around the idea, it isn't impossible. If scum had a framer, with enough bombs like Godfathers and millers lying around, and town lacked too many other roles, than it could be balanced.

Ouro said this was originally an 8 on the bastard scale, went down to a 6. What happened there was BALANCING. 2 cops, if adequately taken account for, ca be an interesting game design.

It's not too unbelievable to me, coming out of Harry Potter, where there were 4000 cops

And besides, the dynamic isn't that crazy to me. It's an interesting idea, because as soon as one cop claims, the other one does, one is lynched, then the other. Unfortunately, this seemed to have happened a little early, alongside our doctor dying

Darryl

Banned
Yeah, there's a tailor in this game, but everything else in unbelievable Darryl

Use your fucking brain and think

WHY would scum claim a full-fledged alignment cop day 1. WHY. THERE ARE SO MANY ROLES T PICK. I could've said vig, it's not unprecedented or unthinkable that there are multipl vigilantes in the game. I could've said weak cop. Etc. Etc. Etc.

probably have a scum godfather then, which explains the knowledge of an alignment cop. you picked an unlynchable day 1 role claim to stay alive? you had no other choice?

Darryl

Banned
hey, look at that, in the middle of me bringing up that i thought you knew about alignment cops because of the existence of a Godfather, you brought that role into the game all on your own

Think about it for a second. Why in the world, would I, as scum, claim cop first night. Would I not make him a weak cop? Aren't there better claims. Woudln't there be an easier way to "protect" Xamtheking, such as voting for UltraJay

• IIRC, your back was up against the wall D1 and your claim was basically made in a few minutes away from the buzzer to keep yourself from being lynched.
  • You claimed cop because it's easy for scum to fake cop since they know who is/isn't scum (though you still claimed a roleblock the following day to avoid outing someone as town only for them to claim neutral).
  • Voting for UJ wouldn't be enough to save Xam at that point, you had to turn attention away from him asap, even if it mean you had to turn it towards yourself.

probably have a scum godfather then, which explains the knowledge of an alignment cop. you picked an unlynchable day 1 role claim to stay alive? you had no other choice?

Think about this for a second Darryl, USE YOUR HEAD

There's a scum godfather, so I'm FULLY AWARE there is an alignment cop in this game, yet I go ahead and as scum claim strong alignment cop

Really? Xam got away with just knowing he had a name, if I claimed something small, like vig, or a weak cop, that's 10x easier to pull off.

This is historically the case too. In Harry Potter, the roles scum claimed or were planning to were weak, somewhat unimportant, x-shots, etc. In Election, it was the same deal. Scum don't go out and fucking claim cop, it's dangerous. Especially on day 1, the day they have no idea whether there is a cop in the game or not

• IIRC, your back was up against the wall D1 and your claim was basically made in a few minutes away from the buzzer to keep yourself from being lynched.
  • You claimed cop because it's easy for scum to fake cop since they know who is/isn't scum (though you still claimed a roleblock the following day to avoid outing someone as town only for them to claim neutral).
  • Voting for UJ wouldn't be enough to save Xam at that point, you had to turn attention away from him asap, even if it mean you had to turn it towards yourself.

But I have enough time to fully plan how the hell I'm going to save Xamtheking from a lynch

But I don't come into it with an emergency claim that doesn't immediately make the alignment cop in the game think HE'S SCUM!!!!!

Xam got away with just knowing he had a name, please Darryl. I don't need to resort to extremes that crazy

No seriously, I want you guys to seriously think as to why scum would claim alignment cop, as opposed to another role, like vigilante, or a weak cop, etc. etc. on DAY 1.

Once I get answer to this, along with the others that have come up, I will be satisfied with the situation of my lynch

Top Bottom