• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Symphonia Pre-load is up on Steam

Peff

The game apparently uses "VMProtect" as DRM according to some guy on the steam forums. Never even heard of it before.
Which is why the game creates a new .exe everytime you launch the game.

WTF. Yeah, I bet there's a veritable legion of people who have waited twelve years just to be able to pirate a PC version of ToS. Even though you already can, and it'll look better too.

What is this internal 720p resolution I've been reading about?

Even if you set it to 1080 it stays at 720?

Yeah, it only upscales.

kewlmyc

What is this internal 720p resolution I've been reading about?

Even if you set it to 1080 it stays at 720?

Even if you set it to 1080p, it's just an upscale of a 720p source.

Think of playing a 720p PS3 game on a 1080p monitor. It's kinda like that.

So yeah, the PS3 version is on par if not better than this port. At least the PS3 version doesn't crash.

Vamphuntr

The dev posting on the steam community forum for the game had the username Lazy Mofo and has now switched it as someone called him out on it. You can't make this up.

sanhora

The game apparently uses "VMProtect" as DRM according to some guy on the steam forums. Never even heard of it before.
This sounds like one of the worst ports in a long ass time.

mieumieu

this is a new low for pc ports in recent memory. ill keep playing my ps3 version then. at least that one runs stable.

Zafir

Urgh. Explains why I kept on having to change the sound in the windows sound mixer on every launch. The worst part is it doesn't like alt tabbing much either so it was causing problems trying to change it back, lol.

I've changed the audio in game now. I just hope it remembers that.

Dinjoralo

Shoot, sorry. Meant "some" but looking at this they put more work in than I thought anyways.

Yeah, it's pretty impressive. Looking at the trailer they released today, it looks like they've been working on it since that post, including fixing that / symbol. :v

The dev posting on the steam community forum for the game had the username Lazy Mofo and has now switched it as someone called him out on it. You can't make this up.

Paaahahaha, this is amazing. I am so glad I didn't cave in and pre-order Zestiria.

Yawnier

Banned
The PS3 remaster of this game that released 2 years ago wasn't even all that great to begin with, but it was still alright to play I guess but wow... this seems even worse.

Rpgmonkey

I had very low expectations for this anyway, but it's unfortunate that they keep blowing their chances to create a "perfect" version of Symphonia. :/

Seronei

I had very low expectations for this anyway, but it's unfortunate that they keep blowing their chances to create a "perfect" version of Symphonia. :/

At this point it's probably easier to hack the extras into the GCN version than fixing the pc version.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Thanks to the DRM running this as a random gibberish .exe name every time I can't even use GeDoSaTo to try and fix the resolution.

Peff

So apparently the game is running at 40fps for some people.

Chva0Ly.jpg

I don't even know.

Zafir

Apparently there's only 6 save slots in this version.

wtf? lol

Yeah, I actually loaded up the PS3 version of the remaster to see what that did for saves because I was confused at the arbitrary six slots in the PC port.

(As I thought, it just uses the PS3 save system which allows as many slots as you would ever want)

Here was me being disappointed with the PS3 remaster and thinking at least the PC version will be slightly better.

Nope.

No it was not in the console version, I can tell you that for a fact because I recently played it and there wasn't any mistranslations like this
While I was looking at the PS3 version a bit ago I checked, and can attest that the settings menu in the PS3 version doesn't have the typo.

Oh Bamco.

Wanna see some bugs in the german version?

CC6C300FD593E76A1AC237FBA5C6026C04966D76

"Exit Game" in the german version.

243155255D8C1616D4ADDC81CF3465F819218F11

Seems the font cant show a german "ä", but instead shows "LautstÁ€rke" instead of "Lautstärke".

D412F763336AC82A1EB6B7E11AA2C4FA0D971374

And what are these options supposed to be. I mean I can see these are the language options, but the text is missing...

redfox088

Banned
I want to buy this, but I'll wait to see if modders can fix the (potential) 30 fps.

I've heard a lot of people rave about this particular Tales game.
Combat Doesn't hold up well...especially if you played the contemporaries...and the story is full of the usual clichésand also very hard on the eyes..vesperia is the best at withstanding time

Top Bottom