• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it's because some people complain. Some may say it's unfair. They can't find the rare ones because of that. LEGO could solve the whole problem by not making them blind packs. :) Blind packs I believe increase sales which would be another reason. I'm just glad LEGO doesn't do that rare to find crap. They do it a bit by the distribution, but that's mainly driven by costs and guessing which people will want the most. At least that's what they say.
Hmm, I'd worry if they didn't do blind bags then people would swarm even faster on the coveted ones like Shark guy. Although I never bothered searching for him because they told me I wasn't likely to find one. I guess they could do a limited 1 per customer, but I like getting multiples of certain ones.

I guess after some reflection I like how LEGO store handles it now, despite not particularly enjoying spending so much time feeling up bags.

Hehe, thanks for the "help" on that. This thread would be an addiction therapist's nightmare. I have other issues, like my eye problems, keeping me from getting a Wii U, besides my general apathy towards Nintendo games. I have a PS4 that has been untouched for months now. The only gaming I do is on handhelds now, its the only screens I can see and I can do them in spurts and put them in rest mode quickly when I need to when I start to get lightheaded. I'd love to play Xenoblade X, Bayonetta 2 and upcoming FE # but I haven't finished Arkham Knight among others so its all pointless.

Unless something changes I think i'm going to go for Ghostbusters HQ. I feel like I have some time to get UCS Tie and probably a couple years on Brick Bank. My other hobby of comics is probably going to see a big order this month between GoTG and Gotham Central omnibus so the other option i'm floating, and Phon and Ghostmind are going to kill me on this one, is Temple of Airjitsu.

Eh i hear you. I LOVE gaming with all my heart but recently, time constraints have made it next to impossible to make progress in my current games to the point it's making me reconsider the whole thing. But i must stick with it, because i know i'd regret it later...

On Topic though: Temple of Airjitzu would be WAY higher up on my list of sets to get than GB HQ!

Or, to go completely nuts, for the cash you'd need to spend on GB HQ you could actually go and get yourself a used Green Grocer like I did :p

Speaking of, i am nearly done with building mine and will post a ton of pics soon :)

I kind of wondered why LEGO Store employees are officially not supposed to help. You'd think they would rather get people out of there. I take a long time to feel cuz I usually am very selective. The Disney series is not the first series where I only came for one (although I always buy others), so it can take me 30+ minutes to buy 2-3 minifigs.

I believe it's because some people complain. Some may say it's unfair. They can't find the rare ones because of that. LEGO could solve the whole problem by not making them blind packs. :) Blind packs I believe increase sales which would be another reason. I'm just glad LEGO doesn't do that rare to find crap. They do it a bit by the distribution, but that's mainly driven by costs and guessing which people will want the most. At least that's what they say.

The actual reasoning is because they feel our services are better used elsewhere. If an employee is just standing there endlessly feeling bags for customers then they're not cleaning, running the registers, or helping other shoppers. We used to but we would literally just get stuck one customer after the next asking us to feel for them as other customers stand around unhelped. I realize that it's a little odd because feeling the bags is technically helping the customers but there is a distinction there between feeling around for a certain minifigure, which could take anywhere from 1-20 minutes depending on how many you have to go through before you find it, and being out on the floor actively helping and selling things.

wetwired

Parts arrived for Rick and Morty, except for the white trenchcoat which it turns out I forgot to order altogether. I've photoshopped what it might look like in the meantime

Not sure it really works though without cartoony style faces, which look weird on LEGO to me.

It's probably all I'll do on them though (apart form ordering an actual white trenchcoat)

rickandmorty.jpg

Parts arrived for Rick and Morty, except for the white trenchcoat which it turns out I forgot to order altogether. I've photoshopped what it might look like in the meantime

Not sure it really works though without cartoony style faces, which look weird on LEGO to me.

It's probably all I'll do on them though (apart form ordering an actual white trenchcoat)

Morty looks pretty spot on there... Rick though... i WANT to say there's a better hairpiece out there for him but really? I can't think of one hmmm...

Deefuzz

I kind of wondered why LEGO Store employees are officially not supposed to help. You'd think they would rather get people out of there. I take a long time to feel cuz I usually am very selective. The Disney series is not the first series where I only came for one (although I always buy others), so it can take me 30+ minutes to buy 2-3 minifigs.

A lot of times we just do not have the time to be able to stand there for so long. I've had people ask me to help them find a figure when we have 30+ people in the store and only 3 associates on the clock.

We've never been explicitly discouraged from doing it in our store but it's a "use your best judgement" type of situation. Some guests will monopolize all of your time with this until they get every single figure they want. I've seen some just stop trying to find it themselves and leave it up to the associate to do all the searching for it.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.

The LEGO Store closest to me I've seen people helping, this was at quieter times though I think... Also one time I was bag feeling for the Unicorn one and someone came asked which one I was after, said one second, grabbed a bag from under the counter and was like yeah here's one. They pre felt a bunch for the more popular ones to save time.

Kyari

Lego scooby doo mystery machine reduced to clear at 50% off in Tesco. Which is hilarious because the set keeps selling out.

I'm not going to complain at my £15 Mystery Machine.

iosefe

There was another point my boss brought up.

You help someone find their figured and another sees you, asks for help, you decline for legitimate reasons such as needing to tend to other things. Makes you look bad as you helped one person but not another. Person one could maybe say, hey, go to this guy, he will get you your figures, but when you end up not helping them, even due to being busy, they won't care, all they think of is the fact that you didn't help them with their figures. Some people are like, and it wouldn't be the best to encourage that behavior

The other day I had a family constantly asking me questions and to feel even while I'm working with customers at the register.

So I can get the Imperial Shuttle from WM on sale for $77 or the Resistance Troop Transporter for $45 from TRU. Which one should I go for?

So the Sonic in Lego Dimensions rumor is popping up again.

When are Lego expected to make any announcements about the next series of Play/Team/Level packs, E3? Seems like forever with all the stuff that's leaking (Green Arrow, SuperGirl, that long list, now possibly Sonic). I'm surprised they haven't even announced when they'll announce it yet.

So I wonder if each Series is gonna get 1-2 obscure gaming IPs? Series 1 had Portal and the Atari pack, will Series 2 have Sonic and something else?

Such a shame that Nintendo backed the wrong horse in the buildable toys field.

Ponn

Banned
So I can get the Imperial Shuttle from WM on sale for $77 or the Resistance Troop Transporter for $45 from TRU. Which one should I go for?

The Troop Transporter is getting a lot of love lately, Imperial Shuttle is probably about to go oop though. Tough call, both maybe?

When are Lego expected to make any announcements about the next series of Play/Team/Level packs, E3? Seems like forever with all the stuff that's leaking (Green Arrow, SuperGirl, that long list, now possibly Sonic). I'm surprised they haven't even announced when they'll announce it yet.

So I wonder if each Series is gonna get 1-2 obscure gaming IPs? Series 1 had Portal and the Atari pack, will Series 2 have Sonic and something else?

I'm wondering how well Dimensions is actually doing. I mean they seem to sell out but then again prices have had to drop dramatically for that to happen. Will they correct the pricing on the next series from the start? Lots of questions. The new IP's is a huge question to me and will probably determine the longevity of Dimensions, especially if they could nab Star Wars which I still doubt with Disney being involved and having their own line. Harry Potter could be a huge get for Dimensions though and I would love to see more done with the DC property in Dimensions. Nexo Knights is probably a given but I would also like to see them maybe introduce some older properties like Galaxy Squad, Alien Conquest, Agents and OMG I would shit my pants MONSTER FIGHTERS! Either way i'm hoping for a digital download of series 2 thats backwards compatabile so I don't have to keep the disc in to play the game once in awhile.

The Troop Transporter is getting a lot of love lately, Imperial Shuttle is probably about to go oop though. Tough call, both maybe?

I'm wondering how well Dimensions is actually doing. I mean they seem to sell out but then again prices have had to drop dramatically for that to happen. Will they correct the pricing on the next series from the start? Lots of questions. The new IP's is a huge question to me and will probably determine the longevity of Dimensions, especially if they could nab Star Wars which I still doubt with Disney being involved and having their own line. Harry Potter could be a huge get for Dimensions though and I would love to see more done with the DC property in Dimensions. Nexo Knights is probably a given but I would also like to see them maybe introduce some older properties like Galaxy Squad, Alien Conquest, Agents and OMG I would shit my pants MONSTER FIGHTERS! Either way i'm hoping for a digital download of series 2 thats backwards compatabile so I don't have to keep the disc in to play the game once in awhile.
Yeah the original pricing was just flabbergasting. They should have been $7.50/$14.99/$19.99 from the start, maybe $24.99 for Level Packs. It should, but wouldn't, depend on content. BttF Level Pack should have been $19.99 whereas Doctor Who at $24.99 seems perfectly reasonable. But $30+ for the level packs is insane, that's half the price of a brand new full retail game but with a tiny fraction of the content.

I have bought my fair share of the packs without having the game (I can't resist some of the figs and mini-builds) but if the possible Adventure Time, Potter and Sonic (and most out there one I read - Knight Rider?) are true, I have a lot more to get.

"You had one job"

Happy Star Wars Day!:p TIE Advanced Prototype.<3

I like it! Good choice for the face.

Just ducked out at lunch and my local store still has a ton of the Disney CMFs. I was able to feel out the remaining 8 I needed (to be confirmed later tonight) plus a few more of the characters I wanted extras of.

Picture bomb incoming:

The Green Grocer i bought used off Ebay is DONE! Overall, maybe 1 or 2 trivial pieces missing, all the important stuff was there and in pretty good shape:

OfWIih2.jpg

Backside with dat amazing Fire escape:

aq3sgLf.jpg

Some people prefer to check out the goods before they buy:

ONlFEQp.jpg

I LOVE the way these lights are made:

mKf9Xul.jpg

Batzarro wants to know what all the ruckus is:

RYdb9vj.jpg

There really isn't MUCH of an interior here but what IS there is pretty damn awesome, mainly that beautiful old clock and the radiator (where Vintage Zane is currently chilling next to)

j5emeie.jpg

Rooftop Partaaaay! I love that there actually IS a usable rooftop that you can populate with figs. Something that other modulars are sorely lacking

ugZHJxJ.jpg

All in all, a GREAT build! Of the ones i have built so far the build and the final look of this did NOT disappoint! One of the greatest modulars for sure and truly worth getting for me personally, even if i had to shell out quite a bit for it, but it would have driven me nuts to bricklink it all by myself over a long period of time for just a little less money!

Wanderer5

I like it! Good choice for the face.

Thanks, the face is from the SHIELD guy that in the Carnage's SHIELD Sky Attack. I almost forgot today was a star wars day, so I just went out and took that in a fast manner before I was heading to school.:p

I was right. J2G *DID* buy one. Dammit... I'm always too late.

A FULL month early? how does TRU not cancel orders like that.

5a84fec7fa0d3fefe6ab4a4b79fe4cb4.png

Looking forward to hearing more of the Eclipse Fighter. Think it has a pretty nice shape as a whole.

wetwired

So the next waller customs minifig I want to do requires coat tails.

I ordered some cloth parts from capes4minfigs but I don't think they'll work, they way the cloth kinks just ruins the look for me. I tried cutting it back a bit (on the right) but I still don't think it'll work. Mickey is just a test minifig, the end minifig has nothing to do with him.

13120481_10154270313492994_1501884963_o.jpg

We should hold a contest with this set. (Just saw it on jangbricks) Its cheap, has a lot of useful parts, and ya know we havent done one in two years so I'd say its about time.

If no one else wants to do it i'd be down for making a thread about it in a couple days.

pTRU1-22183009dt.jpg
I'm just going to buy it now on presumption that this will happen.

Toxi

Banned
Picked up the UCS TIE for May 4th, and the lovely people at the Lego shop threw in Mr Freeze as well as the stormtrooper :)
Have fun! The build gets annoyingly repetitive once you get to the wings, but the final product looks lovely and is rock-solid. It's surprising just how tough the UCS TIE is; you can easily pick it up by a wing support and swoosh it around.

Wanderer5

I can't see myself getting it even more now lol, even if it ends up really spectacular, which it better be at that price.:p

j2g's review of 75145 Eclipse Fighter is up:

http://youtu.be/BA3qyFKSHiw

Oh man think I am sold on this ship. Didn't even realize it has two forms, which I think even the T pose is still nice looking. Not sure if I really care much for Naare through, but she still has some nice prints regardless, and Dengar looks great.

Ponn

Banned
Probably take it as a grain of salt for now, but there word on the eurobricks forums, that the Cinderella Castle is going to be in the $350-400 range set.

Lego, come here, sit down over here. Lets chat. I know your riding on a pretty big wave of popularity and I know as a business you gotta take advantage of that, I get it. You need to dial it back a little bit though because every big set you put out just cannot be over $300. One a year with some $200 sets, ok fine, we can work with that. See between this news and the rumor of Big Ben being $350 you just killed my about to purchase GB HQ. i got a cat to feed and she's a picky eater so ease up buddy. Ok you can go now and no frowny faces we still bff's ok.

LEGO Rathtar when?

I was thinking about this the other day as I watched the movie. We'll end up getting one, but it'll be a fragile brick-built monstrosity covered in those Venom/Carnage tendril pieces.

Please prove me wrong TLG.

Lego, come here, sit down over here. Lets chat. I know your riding on a pretty big wave of popularity and I know as a business you gotta take advantage of that, I get it. You need to dial it back a little bit though because every big set you put out just cannot be over $300. One a year with some $200 sets, ok fine, we can work with that. See between this news and the rumor of Big Ben being $350 you just killed my about to purchase GB HQ. i got a cat to feed and she's a picky eater so ease up buddy. Ok you can go now and no frowny faces we still bff's ok.

So true. GBHQ, Porsche, Brick Bank, Batcave etc. etc. So many expensive sets and we're still waiting on a few big reveals.

On a somewhat related note, 16 months after buying it I'm finally digging into the Detective Office. I've only finished the first floor of the pool hall but I'm getting some serious Pet Shop vibes from this build. I absolutely love the pool table and ceiling fan.

...And it looks like I went 24/24 with my Disney CMF bag feels. The entire series is great even if a few of the characters don't quite capture the "essence" (I'm looking at you, Buzz's face, Incredibles dad, Peter Pan, Aladdin & Ariel). I can't say enough about how much I love the Mickey & Minnie figs. I never thought I'd say this, but the Ariel mini-doll is light years better than the CMF.

Haha, seriously.

I'd LOVE to get that LEGO Batcave, but $270 is not an insignificant amount of money, especially since I only want like 1/3 of the actual set (the office and the batmobile) along with all the minifigs. Maybe they need to start splitting sets out into multiple smaller (cheaper) sets that can be combined together or something (that new Hoth set being another example).

I know the audience for the old-timey Batman is probably pretty small which is probably why they're just putting out a single massive set like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom