• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danny Phantom Mafia |OT| Your lynch doesn't stand a ghost of a chance!

Anonymous voting is hardly beneficial to Town

In fact, I'd say it's quite the opposite, really

We'd only be hurting ourselves by lynching Danny Phantom

Trigger

lol, I should clearly read the OP more....

I'm fine with TWE's explanation. I've had similar experiences with making silly jokes.

UNVOTE:TheWorthyEdge

I meant to say "disadvantage for Town" obviously. It wouldn't even make sense the other way around.

7AFgeC6.gif

UNVOTE: TheWorthyEdge

VOTE: Royal_Flush

Flame_AC

What stands out to me with Flame's flavor speculation is the focus on how half-ghosts will show up to a cop, and more importantly, the possibility that Danny or Dani (who seems to be a clone of him) could be scum. Leaving aside how unlikely it is that Danny is a scum role, I don't think we've seen any evidence that Dani is even in this game- and even if she was, the wiki makes her seem like she's mostly a good guy. It's framed as mere speculation, but it isn't impossible that it's scum trying to make it so that if one of these roles does come out, they can be painted as scum.

The game doesn't have to along with lore, which is why I wanted to bring up the possibility of the half-ghosts being scum, despite their actions in the show. We currently have no evidence of any role in this game besides Danny, so getting speculation going right now is helpful. I think it'd be bad to assume that Danny/Dani is town, at least until we get some proof.

To RF on my TWE vote. I already stated I didn't even look at the vote count, all that mattered to me in my vote was to actually get something substantial going to get answers. Had I known where he was in the count, I still would have done it.

Darryl

Banned
TWE isn't Scum. Maybe a lost partner or something but unless he chose to ignore the Scum chat or the whole Scum team is completely incompetent there is no way this is a Scum gambit. Come on.

So, now to that train on him:

theworthyedge (5)
darryl 146
trigger 157
starsketch 201 (253)
flame_ac 206
xamtheking 217
blargonaut 285

That's an easy vote if I've ever seen one. Which of these people looks Scummy?

Darryl is a difficult case for me. It looks like he smelled bullshit and called it out, but Darryl also isn't stupid. Why did he take it so serious? Note that he still clings onto that vote with this explanation. Coulb be either stubborn or Scummy; I lean towards the first.

Danny's "lynch immunity" (which actually isn't one) was stated in the OP. Trigger gets a pass from me because I think this would have been discussed in the Scum Chat.

That's a, uhm, prod vote of some kind? Not sure about this one.

"I'm voting him but just for the pressure (I don't care that he already has three votes) but please don't read too much into this"... Strong Scum vibes here.

Nothing to go on. A big maybe. Xam, I know you try to be like Blarg but at least give us something? Subtitles are an okay start.

lttp, typical Blarg action. I don't know how to deal with Blarg yet...
I know I asked for it :p

Nah. I don't think this was an easy target. I think it was the opposite. It was founded on very shaky grounds. I'm not scum. If TWE isn't scum, scum would've known this was a town vs. town thunderdome. It was based on a very shaky foundation, so they would've waited to see the early fall out first. I think if we're looking for scum based around this activity, we should look at fence sitters.

Darryl

Banned
Two people in my hot seat right now are Rats Off To Ya and Ultron87.

Their interactions seem forced and they're barely contributing. They also both chimed in with a non-committal wave of the hand in regards to the Me vs. TWE.

*sigh*

Look.

If he dies we'll vote via PM the following day which is a huge disadvantage for Scum. So if he claims and we believe him, he's practically immune to lynches.

Royal_Flush quite obviously and absent-mindedly let slip his scum-alignment when he made the above statement, referring to the effects of DP's lynching as being detrimental to scum (i.e, his team), not Town, which he should have said if he was truly an innocent citizen.

tres Freudian

(Why is anonymous voting bad for scum, anyway, especially this early on, when town is much more likely to hit town instead of scum based on numbers alone?)
VOTE: RoyalFlush

(Why is anonymous voting bad for scum, anyway, especially this early on, when town is much more likely to hit town instead of scum based on numbers alone?)
VOTE: RoyalFlush

It isn't bad for scum. I think Blarg's argument is that the use of "scum" when he meant to say "town" itself is a slip up. Which I guess I could see, maybe.

Why are you bandwaggoning if you're not clear on the case against him?

...still no one gets it, huh? ¬_¬

Okay...

tBVhZER.gif

1 Day of anonymous voting via PM = advantage for scum, as any vote-bandwagoning is effectively hidden from sight that Day

Danny Phantom gets lynched = 1 Day of anonymous voting via PM
Danny Phantom gets lynched = 1 Day of anonymous voting via PM = disadvantage for Town

disadvantage for Town = advantage for scum
"disadvantage for Scum" = advantage for Town

advantage for scum =/= "disadvantage for Scum"

Therefore:

[Danny Phantom gets lynched = disadvantage for Town] =/= [advantage for Town = "disadvantage for Scum"]

Danny Phantom gets lynched =/= "disadvantage for Scum", Danny Phantom gets lynched = advantage for scum = disadvantage for Town

Hence,

Royal_Flush made a huge mistake

UNVOTE: Royal_Flush

VOTE: Royal_Flush

It isn't bad for scum. I think Blarg's argument is that the use of "scum" when he meant to say "town" itself is a slip up. Which I guess I could see, maybe.

Why are you bandwaggoning if you're not clear on the case against him?
(I was confused as to why it would be bad for scum, agreeing with Blarg. Possibly Royal trying to get some townie points this way. I don't want to take everything Blarg says as gospel, but Royal's post is more important to look through than TWE's now, in my eyes.)
Vote: Royal_Flush

Darryl

Banned
Maybe RF thinks that it's a disadvantage for DP to get lynched this early for scum, because the later DP gets lynched the greater the chance scum'll control the anonymous vote. I don't think he has faith in DP. :lol

Maybe RF thinks that it's a disadvantage for DP to get lynched this early for scum, because the later DP gets lynched the greater the chance scum'll control the anonymous vote. I don't think he has faith in DP. :lol
(Scum has a full team now. Scum might not necessarily have a full team later.)

Vote: Xamtheking

You bandwagoned against me, and now you're voting Flush w/o fully realizing what you're voting for. I said in my "survey" the biggest thing that signals to me scum is bandwagonning.

I don't know if I agree or even understand Blarg's accusal but I'll look at it later when I'm off the clock.

You bandwagoned against me, and now you're voting Flush w/o fully realizing what you're voting for. I said in my "survey" the biggest thing that signals to me scum is bandwagonning.

I don't know if I agree or even understand Blarg's accusal but I'll look at it later when I'm off the clock.

np, we got time

You seem to like hitching your wagon to lynches made on shakey foundations.

Excuse me, I showed my work

So you know how I said my placeholder vote was Blarg and was going to switch if someone better came up?

I think Xam might be that someone better.

Trigger

Xam's bandwagon votes are so blatant that I somewhat doubt that he's scum. Of course, I'm also a terrible judge of character.

ultron87

Similar to the TWE scenario, I don't really feel great about piling on someone for a pretty understandable mistake. Wouldn't scum be more careful about their posts and not trip up something so obvious?

(I knew what I was voting for... I was just confused about why anonymous voting would be bad for scum early in the game, i.e. arguing against Royal's post. When Royal posts I'll take a look at what he says and maybe make a change, but in the meantime...)

You seem to like hitching your wagon to lynches made on shakey foundations.
(You seem to like spelling every word of a sentence correctly except on. And this is some bullshit, especially because on D1 THE ONLY THINGS WE HAVE TO GO ON ARE POSTS.)
So you know how I said my placeholder vote was Blarg and was going to switch if someone better came up?

I think Xam might be that someone better.
(I'm in this game!)
Xam's bandwagon votes are so blatant that I somewhat doubt that he's scum. Of course, I'm also a terrible judge of character.
(insert trigger memes here)

Similar to the TWE scenario, I don't really feel great about piling on someone for a pretty understandable mistake. Wouldn't scum be more careful about their posts and not trip up something so obvious?
(Sometimes scum do odd things. Remember when they didn't kill n1 in princesses?)

Ty4on

(Fuck me for wanting to have some fun, right?)
(Having fun is a scumtell)

It's there anything else you're objecting to about Flush? He hasn't posted a lot, but his posts are pretty long.

And what happened with Worthy? It's Flush just scummier or did you change your mind?

(Having fun is a scumtell)

It's there anything else you're objecting to about Flush? He hasn't posted a lot, but his posts are pretty long.

And what happened with Worthy? It's Flush just scummier or did you change your mind?
(I said earlier that I would move my vote from TWE to someone else if I thought something more substantial came up.)

Yes it was a typo:
(Acknowledged. Though to me it seems suspicious he only said that after other people were talking about it. If I make a typo, I see it and try to acknowledge it right away. I will concede people can be busy sometimes, though. Nevertheless, I'm still going to keep my vote where it is, as it's the stickiest thing to me right now.)

(Also, hey guys, look at this brand new bandwagon that someone gave me!)

Oh look I'm typing about mafia and have mafia terms on my mind. Type type type. Oops I put one faction instead of the other. Oh no I hit submit!

No, Flush's mistake was not "understandable". It was careless, absent-minded.

Your reaction to his mistake, might be understandable.

Might, since your current opinion could also be construed as 'jumping in out of nowhere to run damage control for him', by trying to downplay his slip's significance like you are... "understandably"?

Top Bottom