• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Price Is Right MAFIA edition |OT| Come on down!!!

Kalor

Oh yes, that was such a great plan he decided to go hard for his scummate three days in a row, yep, that is exactly splinter's plan.

I doubt that it's the case but I thought it was still worth mentioning as I remember someone floating that theory at some point.

I doubt that it's the case but I thought it was still worth mentioning as I remember someone floating that theory at some point.

I floated that theory. I said Splinter was scum, and that I thought he was bussing WAMD hard. It is worth noting that despite pushing hard for Salva yesterday, Splinter ended up not placing a vote on Salva/WAMD. Which made WAMD's lynch less likely.

I am a lot less sure about that bussing theory today than I was two, or even one day ago though.

So I propose to lynch the K's. Either Karkador or Kalor, with a stronger case on Karkador.

Wait, why? If you're saying that you can't be scum because of WAMD's rocky relationship with Splinter, then there is no way I can (or want to) believe Splinter and Kark's disagreement was staged towards the end of the last day phase.

Well there's one reason that kind of jumps out.

I want to accuse [Oceanic] because a Scum Role Cop would be able to scan for who got what item, but I'm uncertain of the item usage mechanics. For all I know, you didn't get your results until night actions were locked in or something.

You're also, you know, still here after a chunk of the thread was like "We kill magnum and Oceanic is left wide open."

Someone want to come up with other reasons why scum would pick Ynnek?

Oh wow, finally got our first scum member. But how did they figure out Ynnek7 was a vigilante? Did he breadcrumb anything?

He couldn't have. That Kitchen set was today's prize.

Either A) scum picked at random and just happened to hit Ynnek

or B) OA is scum and checked Ynnek for some reason and found he had Vig

This was what I was trying to get at with my questioning of his claim. Since you've already said you won the dell, I feel comfortable telling everyone that I was in the bidding for it as well.

This is why I thought someone was informing Dusk about the bidding and just didn't explain it well enough.

I think the way bidding works is this: You stay eligible for bidding until you win something or die. OA would have known Ynnek was still eligible and would have been able to check him to see if he got anything this round.

I think the way bidding works is this: You stay eligible for bidding until you win something or die. OA would have known Ynnek was still eligible and would have been able to check him to see if he got anything this round.

I would also know that literally everybody is either eligible or has already won an item, so ynnek wouldn't even be special.

Also did you investigate anyone on Night 1? That's when you won the laptop if I'm not mistaken. I don't recall you mentioning any investigation of the sort.
Yeah, Sawneeks is a Mason

Just want to say that I was waiting to hear from Sawneeks (who I looked at N1) because I wanted to see how she would respond. Looking at her opening post this Day phase could be seen two ways, one protecting her chat (whose existence/use is vastly overstated without a known alignment) or two, acting like she cared why nobody spoke up for him. And how I read it with the fact that alignment isn't confirmed made me really unsure. I do understand the fact that Dusk might have been slightly sketchy but as I said before a lot people were skeptical of him because of the claim itself and wanted to see if he had the Xbox or something.

Also, we can only hope that you are both town, you could both be scum for all we know. You hiding it doesn't really help us, because if we were going to lynch one of you tomorrow, saying that you are masons doesn't clear either of you. And I'm not sure whether you are since you'll be under a cloud of suspicion anyways.

So who did you investigate last night?

Who said I can investigate still? I'm am (was) a 2-shot Role Cop. Why didn't I say anything before? Because my second investigation turned up vanilla which meant a whole lotta nothing/going in circles since either A) they are mafia and it's impossible to know or B) they are town and letting mafia know they are ordinary makes the possible PR pool smaller (of course that doesn't include the fact that they could win a product the next day but anyways...) I wanted to keep the shots unclear and was actually hoping that Magnum would steal the laptop from me in hopes that he could (maybe) get more shots and if not then oh well, he has a useless item.

Anyways N2, I looked at Kark.

Kyanrute

tRscC5X.jpg

The vote record. Town Salva seems like a fair assumption now. If day one vote was between two town members, scum could've done anything with their votes. Why put all their eggs in one or two baskets, the baskets being the townies being voted out, where they can easily be found? Day one especially allows greater vote spread than other days I feel. I would not assume we find all the scum among the Blarg V dragonz voters from day one.

Interested to hear more from nin, anything really would be nice. El Topo, now that Magnum is dead, what's your plan for today?

I'm definitely concerned about the voters of Magnum (specifically topo), mainly because they if they thought that he was the only person keeping me alive as a role cop, then why lynch him? You would be essentially be removing the role cop from the game because neutrals are scary.
buuuut

vote:Kalor
mainly for this post
I can understand why people want to lynch Magnum today but I can't get behind it. I'd rather lynch potential scum over an essentially confirmed neutral. It would mean we have to lynch scum over the next 2 days, giving us less leeway. I'll have to look over Kark's stuff since he's gaining some votes.

Because under this assumption how I understand it, if Splinter didn't die then we would lose after 2 mislynches which would be 5-5. I was thinking about the scum team and if they were completely devoid of role powers then having an extra member could maybe compensate. This also goes back to why people could be so eager to lynch a neutral since it is a waste of a lynch for town. Is it a ridiculously weak argument, yes! But since nobody wants to talk about anything else today you're gonna have to deal with it.

I'm wondering if the double bid had any effect as to whether or not bidders could know anything about each other's items or who bid on them. Also, as an aside, if you really wanted to off someone with little to no impact I'd kill Stanley.

El Topo

Off my head:
1) It might be helpful to look at people whose behavior (at the end of) D3 were detrimental to town, notably those that were causing a tie or distract us.
2) OceanicAir did not get killed during the night. That is odd, given his claimed ability, but on the other hand I doubt mafia would claim name cop this early.
3) The players that became Masons and let Dusk Soldier die. Surprised they did not vote the same/Kyanrute voted Dusk.
4) Is it just me, or has nin's voting been completely useless and bizarre?
5) Maybe just me, but I'm getting odd vibes from Sawneeks. She tried to start the whole WAMD/Splinter discussions minutes before the deadline on D3.

Sawneeks

Banned
Off my head:
1) It might be helpful to look at people whose behavior (at the end of) D3 were detrimental to town, notably those that were causing a tie or distract us.
2) OceanicAir did not get killed during the night. That is odd, given his claimed ability, but on the other hand I doubt mafia would claim name cop this early.
3) The players that became Masons and let Dusk Soldier die. Surprised they did not vote the same/Kyanrute voted Dusk.
4) Is it just me, or has nin's voting been completely useless and bizarre?
5) Maybe just me, but I'm getting odd vibes from Sawneeks. She tried to start the whole WAMD/Splinter discussions minutes before the deadline on D3.

I had plans to go after you today so this just makes it easier.

Vote: El Topo

I'm kind of curious to know which quote you're talking about actually.

And yes, I did bring up Splinter/Dragonz again because Dragonz/Salva was up for the lynch and there were far too many questions floating around for that lynch to really make any sense. The fact that nobody had addressed them was odd, specifically in the case of Splinter who I mentioned towards the end I would be fine with lynching.

I want to know why you found that weird/suspicious.

I'm wondering if the double bid had any effect as to whether or not bidders could know anything about each other's items or who bid on them. Also, as an aside, if you really wanted to off someone with little to no impact I'd kill Stanley.

Why Stan and not Nin? Who has arguably contributed far less.

I had plans to go after you today so this just makes it easier.

Vote: El Topo

I'm kind of curious to know which quote you're talking about actually.

And yes, I did bring up Splinter/Dragonz again because Dragonz/Salva was up for the lynch and there were far too many questions floating around for that lynch to really make any sense. The fact that nobody had addressed them was odd, specifically in the case of Splinter who I mentioned towards the end I would be fine with lynching.

I want to know why you found that weird/suspicious.

Why Stan and not Nin? Who has arguably contributed far less.
Oh definitely, nin is just a reasonable target as Stan. Also Stan hasn't even checked in today but I was really just giving an example.
You could read back for why Sawneeks and Sketch.

You are a new addition, and that's mostly due to you surviving the night over ynnk who seems really random as far as targets are concerned.
Can you give me a reason as to why I'd come out as a role cop on D3 when I'd know I couldn't be NK'd under normal circumstances, especially with no provocation? Because as far as I recall nobody had even put a serious vote on me.

I am really thinking they could also just be going for the middle of the pack since the extremely low/high posters and PRs would be more suspicious as they continue to live. Kawl/LP/Ynnek aren't giving anything from a flip. When I get home I'm gonna go more in depth into Splinter's posts.

Sawneeks

Banned
With Splinter flipping Scum not only am I confident in my reads again but it does give us a good starting point to look at other people.

For now I'm going back and re-reading everything knowing that Splinter is confirmed Scum and looking at the interactions there. More specifically, I'm looking at the past Days with an eye on Splinter and how he interacted with Stanley, Kalor, and El Topo.

Going to also split this into parts based on which Day phase I'm looking at to make this easier to keep track of.

Day 1

Early Day 1 is, well, early Day 1. Not much to note there interactions-wise.

blarg is being blarg, surprise surprise. Dragonz made a supposed scumtell but im not sold on it. Splinters maybe going overboard on it but eh, what else ya gonna do?
plinko looked fun, shame i missed it.

how are you?

First instance is when I ask Stan with a opening/prod vote what he thinks of the current festivities of Day 1.

Overall it's rather hand-wavey and doesn't really say anything one way or another.

Assuming Blarg flips scum, Stan and Kawl are next on my list.

Also WAMD is still scum and how the hell is that slip being ignored?? From Blarg especially: you spent the entirety of Danny Phantom accusing Flush for a slip far less blatant than WAMD's

Oh right, teammate, of course, nevermind

Splinter has a fun habit of creating train tracks around people and setting up chain lynches.

Interesting thing to note here is Splinter knew Blarg was Town, so the two people he threw under the bus here wouldn't have been in his crosshairs later on since Blarg would never flip Scum. Kawl ended up being Town, not sure if I could say the same about Stan.

that? really?

thinking that thats in defense of blarg is a pretty big stretch.
both parts of it speak much more as a warning to keeping an open mind when trying to draw meaning from blargs actions.

and yeah, pretty sure kawl hasn't posted since.

My complaint was specifically that it was subtle rather than openly defensive. It's why I think he's more likely to be scum than you are.

But yes, it's not much, just the next lead I intend to follow

After WAMD, who btw is still scum

And the first true interaction between the folks I mentioned above.

For context, Splinter brings up 'evidence' suggesting that Kawl is protecting Blarg because they are both Scum. Stan calls it out and they have this quick little discussion here.

Honestly I don't lean either way on this conversation ( as opposed to some later on ) but for the sake of cataloging Splinter's interactions it's going here.

It's the first day. We simply don't have a lot to work with. Blarg is a reasonable lynch, because he has been behaving erratically, but on the other hand, it is Blarg.

I could understand a lack of attacking, it's all this defending of other people that weirds me out.

People are coming in, shooting down theories for nothing, then leaving without providing an alternative. We get nowhere playing like that.

Lots of "I don't think WAMD is scum", not enough "because ______" or "but ______ sure is"

Fair enough. I'd also add that I have an idea (that doesn't seem too unreasonable to me) on what the item does and/or how Blarg is involved.

Cool

Who do you think is scum?

melonrabbit.

And now, Topo/Splinter.

Splinter laments that LP called voting for Blarg to be Scummy and wonders why everyone is being so defensive and not aggressive. Topo comes in and gives his thoughts and they both go back and forth for a bit, ending with Topo claiming a vote on Melon ( which i don't think he ever explained?? at least not yet in my reread ).

This whole conversation felt...odd. Safe? Reserved? I can't quite put my finger on it.

Topo you don't have a vote down?

Could be prodding a teammate to get a vote in?

I said I wouldn't vote for Blarg and so I won't. If I had to choose between WAMD and Blarg, I would (right now) choose WAMD, but I don't want to give anyone a chance to cause a tie.

VOTE: melonrabbit

END DAY 1

(fake edit)
For some reason this interaction I didn't have marked when going through and finding quotes. So this will not be in order like the others are but hey, what can you do?

(Back to work and mobile)

The longer this goes on the more consistent Blarg is too me as a town read. The strategy he employed might have a dishonest one but I think there is some merit to it. Town sometimes had to lie for the longer-term benefit of the town. Over this discussion has given me a few reads.

Kark is so far leaning town to me.

I also think CM and Cornbro's drive-by comments on bidding last night without any sufficient follow up or mention was a little strange.

LP was inactive but his latest posts have been pretty solid and reads town.

Star has been coasting a lot and has so far been hesitate to give a real opinion on anyone.

Dusk's overall behavior has been rather scummy.

Splinter, I'm a lot less sure of you than when the day started.

Vote: *Splinter

Normality has resumed

Joking aside, is there a question attached to that vote? Anything specific you're "less sure" about that I can respond to?

Can you also be more specific on your town read of Blarg? He's been consistent in his belligerence but his recent posts were (in my opinion) increasingly desperate attempt to disparage me.

The rest of your reads I more or less agree on. Kark as town; I'd extend the drive by accusation to Kawl, I think he and CornBro haven't posted at all since claiming; Sketch is more of a null because she kind of plays like that and she hasnt posted enough yet for a better read; Dusk is scummy, but I also think he's right about Blarg so overall I townread him.

LP I must have missed, will look back for his posts.

Mainly your honing on Blarg from moment one. I understand you don't like his strategy but I'm not sure tunneling in on him to such a degree as been helpful.

Having said that, I know you play, at times, somewhat agressively as town. I think you've been fairly consistent in backing up your opinion although I don't agree with you on Blarg.

Also I was interested in seeing what others would do if I voted for you.

unvote

Hmm, interesting.

I'm not quite sure what to make of this. As far as gambits go you probably could have left it in the oven a little longer.

Still, I do like gambits, and haven't seen a melongambit before, so benefit of the doubt for now.

So this is what actually got Melon back on the radar for me when I reread Day 1. Originally I was not going to focus on her at all and instead look at simply Topo/Stan/Kalor. But read this conversation again, this time fully knowing Splinter is Scum.

I've called this conversation out before as feeling really odd but now with the context of Splinter's alignment this feels downright Scummy to me. Scum!Melon comes in to throw some shade on a teammate and then backs out really early from it because she was unsure how to keep it going. We also get the first kind thing Splinter has really said about anyone on Day 1 and it's towards some sort of gambit Melon is playing at. Not to mention that Melon goes from not seeing Splinter's point of view on Dragonz early day 1 to being on board completely towards the end.

Thoughts so far:
Remember how I said I was looking at how Splinter interacted with everyone? Notice a surprising lack of Kalor quotes here? Yeah, that's because they never talk or interacted once throughout Day 1. Unless I missed something they did not reference one another at all. And let me tell you, Splinter lashed out at nearly everyone on Day 1 to get them to talk but Kalor is never brought up.

If Topo is Scum I don't think Melon is and the same goes for the reverse of that. I'm thinking it might be one or the other.

Stan feels weird. Feels like he sits on the sidelines and his brief interaction with Splinter doesn't leave me feeling great. My most 'null' read of the four.

Expect day 2 soon-ish. I want to have some lunch first. :x

The Splinter was half meta/half gambit that didn’t really work out.

I’ve explained a lot of this stuff to you already. Several times.

Dragonz acted strangely in her responses to me which is why I pursued her (and for the moment it seems due to external stuff out the game) with the Splinter flip I’m looking at other people.

And, no, despite my constantly asking Topo has all but ignored me on that subject.

Sawneeks

Banned
Day 2 Begins.

Splinter quiets down a lot this Day phase so I'm going to be pulling out conversations that involve Stan/Topo/Melon/Kalor on top of all the other stuff.

Both CM and Corn did not vote yesterday after dropping additional shade on Blarg.

Also El Topo randomly called me out when Dragonz started getting heat, never justified it even after probing for details. He later voted for me stating he'd switch to prevent a tie - which there was little dangerous of at that time.

Three of them are looking very scummy to me.

vote: El Topo

Just some more stuff as to why I really think that El Topo and Melon won't be Scum together. There's a WHOLE bunch of it in Day 2 but this is the start of it.

A few things I havent commented on much yet:

Dusk - agree he's scummy. His claim makes more sense from a scum pov than town. I believe he targeted someone and I think he was relying on them to save him in a pinch, but as pointed out earlier he can be telling the truth about everything so far and still be scum. Kark has had this pretty well covered and I haven't seen anything in his arguments I disagree with.

Kark v Sawneeks - This was an interesting spat as they were probably my 2 top town at the start. Kark remains a strong ish town read, Sawneeks I'm a little less sure of, I had problems with a couple of her arguments (that I don't think she responded to), but overall she remains a light town read. Her defense of Dusk aside I've agreed with most things she said. Yesterday I had a slight feeling that she was just agreeing with me a lot, but for now I put that down to paranoia.

Melonrabbit v El Topo - melon has been interesting. I usually find her slightly scummy just due to her cautious play style, but this game I've had a more townie feeling for her. She had that small gambit (voting for me) yesterday where she seemed to get cold feet and pulled out too quickly. I'd say the whole thing is a bit out of character for her but not in a way that makes me scum read her. On the other hand, Topo has been so absent that I forget he's playing at times. Hard to read him much. His attack on melon was out of nowhere which would be fine but then he never bothered to back it up. This might be a bit of an unfair argument, but I don't think he's been scum before(?), I'm wondering if he's simply a longtime town player in his first scum game struggling to make his normal contributions. Or intentionally blending of course, although he's gone a bit far with it if that was the intention. Either way that's a slight scum read.

While I do think Topo/Melon won't be on the same Scum team it doesn't mean that I think it's impossible for that to happen. Would Splinter be so bold to protect his scum teammate here and throw Topo under the bus? Hard to say really but I find this post very interesting.

melon, thoughts on Dusk? Apologies if you already gave them

Dusk is a complex one right now.

I was very sure of Dusk was up to something on D1. However, the Dusk we now have on D2 seems too different than Dusk on D1. His sudden claims of being the Xbox winner (with no real way verify him) was a bold move but not necessarily a town one. The role claim definitely seems like an attempt to move himself from the scum category and possible lynch target today.

It would get him in NK'd if he hadn’t already claimed to have given/used the item. Although an early post of his suggested multiple uses. It is funny that he criticized Blarg for making similar statements.

I also agree with CM, there is enough contradictory statements that makes me doubt he is telling the truth about having the Xbox at all.

I don’t think someone that is town would invent such a grand lie without sufficient reason. When Kark lied in DP he was coming into a game that was very dire for town and in that scenario it made sense to invent a narrative that could potentially save the town from losing. This is D2 so it hardly seems the time.

Overall, I believe Dusk to be scum or neutral.

Splinter/Melon interaction. Quoting here for posterity.

I'm not sure about Magnum... If his claim is true then IDGAF whether we lynch him or not. If he's something more lethal (or scum) then obviously he needs to go.

With only 1 death last night he's unlikely to be an SK. Pure vanilla survivors seem to be a rarity though so I'm not sure I believe that either. I guess arsonist is the worst case scenario now.

Is he scum? I'll have to go back over his posts. I don't remember anything grabbing my attention before though.

For now, I'd rather lynch Dragonz or at least resolve Dusk, but we should come back to Magnum before an arsonist would be likely to take effect (probably D4?).

Magnum if you're a tanner you could just claim. I see no reason to avoid lynching you if that's the case.

If he was an arsonist surely someone would have gotten a message last night and maybe night 0 about it. Although I don't know how it worked in previous games.

Dusk's vote on Magnum feels strange to me. With how he throws it out I read it more as deflection rather than genuine suspicion. Dusk has been garnering more suspicion recently so it would be to his benefit to try to draw attention to someone else and going after the neutral would be the easiest route.

THEY SPEAK! And it's the only one and it's not really a conversation, just Kalor giving his thoughts on something Splinter said.

Personally I don't like it, it feels like Kalor just responded for the sake of responding to Splinter at least once.

Some thoughts:
1. Magnum lied. Whatever trust he may have deserved was gone the second he lied. Not lynching him is very problematic.
2. Worried about WAMD. Suspicious on D1. Claims role without any necessity. Targets melon based on my behavior, then votes for Magnum immediately after me.
3. Dusk Soldier claimed without necessity, I don't think there is any evidence for his claims (as no one has come forward) and his statement contradicts Sophia's earlier comments on flavor. He gave us nothing, but expects trust.
4. Splinter with an absolutely ludicrous "Let the neutral live, we can help him win" post. That...doesn't benefit us at all.

If we can remove him from the game without wasting a lynch, that's absolutely a benefit to us.

No. The only one that would be "wasting" a lynch is mafia, as they want to get rid of town (power) roles. You're not making any sense here.

Nonsense.

20 players, probably 4 scum. Let's keep things simple by assuming 1 kill per night. Scum need 6 mislynches to win the game. It doesn't matter if it's a town or neutral lynch, if we make 6 non-scum lynches then we lose. If we choose to lynch a neutral that leaves us with 5, and we already made 1 yesterday. That's 4 mislynches remaining with 4 scum still to find, we'd need a 50% hit rate from here on out.

And lynching scum doesn't change those numbers at all. Pretend we lynch 3 scum in a row, that leaves 14 players and 1 scum = scum still need 6 mislynches to win.

More Topo/Splinter. As time goes on the less I think Topo is Scum based only on these interactions.

Kinda unrelated to the goings on, but personally i get a townie vibe from melon. not really much more than my gut to base this on, but eh, there it is.
actually the same goes for StarSketch

i have increasing concerns over Nin, Kalor, and Ynnek. i feel like all 3 have said barely anything of import the whole game. (kinda hypocritical with my recent inactivity, i know but hey, being a hypocrite doesn't mean i cant be right!.)

i appreciate that splinter appears to have cool off of his hyper aggresive scumhunting, and instead has downgraded to a mere "extra aggresive". i really am not a fan of the hyper aggression, as i feel putting players on that much of a defensive is just as likely to make a townie look bad as it will a scummer.

More Stantastic thoughts from Stan himself. More 'not really' giving his opinion on Splinter while still talking about him.

Day 2 End

Not a lot here, most of it due to Splinter taking a step back in activity in this phase and mostly focusing on Dusk and Dragonz.

Kalor: Scummy Scum Scum Scum~
Melon: The way Melon and Splinter talk almost make me feel like they are trying to act like they don't care about each other but still realize that their teammate needs to be active. I'm really not feeling great about Melon
Topo: Where Melon is feeling more Scummy, Topo is feeling less. This is simply based on the interactions present. If Melon ends up not being Scum then I do think Topo is.
Stan: A lot of distance between Splinter and Stan. It's very odd.

Sawneeks

Banned
I'm still fully convinced that Blarg was most likely scum's target yesterday. So scum should have at least 1 vote within that cluster.

Sawneeks, Star, and WAMD.

Splinter is tunneling hard on WAMD though, and I'm not really convinced that Splinter is town especially when he's trying to propose chain lynches.

I will say that if WAMD is scum, that doesn't necessarily clear Splinter. Having played with Splinter in the past, it isn't beyond him to bus a scum buddy early on and push for their lynch.

Yo CornBro, got a question for you.

Star and I have been in your Top 3 Scum list since early Day 2 ( the quote above ) and yet you never voted for either of us despite being in your Top list. Why? During the last day phase you even had a chance to vote for me and push for my lynch yet you didn't.

The Splinter was half meta/half gambit that didn’t really work out.

I’ve explained a lot of this stuff to you already. Several times.

Dragonz acted strangely in her responses to me which is why I pursued her (and for the moment it seems due to external stuff out the game) with the Splinter flip I’m looking at other people.

And, no, despite my constantly asking Topo has all but ignored me on that subject.

I know, I'm just pointing it out again since Splinter flipped Scum. Gives a new perspective on it.

Mind if I ask what other people you are looking at?

And Topo never fully explaining why he voted you is partially why I think he is Scum and even a little why I think you might both be Scum together.

Star and I have been in your Top 3 Scum list since early Day 2 ( the quote above ) and yet you never voted for either of us despite being in your Top list. Why? During the last day phase you even had a chance to vote for me and push for my lynch yet you didn't.

I know, I'm just pointing it out again since Splinter flipped Scum. Gives a new perspective on it.

Mind if I ask what other people you are looking at?

And Topo never fully explaining why he voted you is partially why I think he is Scum and even a little why I think you might both be Scum together.

Fair enough. How are you feeling about Kyan?

OA, Stan, Kark and yourself.

There's a few others coasting in the middle as well. But this is where I'm focusing for the moment.

Kalor

I'm definitely concerned about the voters of Magnum (specifically topo), mainly because they if they thought that he was the only person keeping me alive as a role cop, then why lynch him? You would be essentially be removing the role cop from the game because neutrals are scary.
buuuut

vote:Kalor
mainly for this post

Because under this assumption how I understand it, if Splinter didn't die then we would lose after 2 mislynches which would be 5-5. I was thinking about the scum team and if they were completely devoid of role powers then having an extra member could maybe compensate. This also goes back to why people could be so eager to lynch a neutral since it is a waste of a lynch for town. Is it a ridiculously weak argument, yes! But since nobody wants to talk about anything else today you're gonna have to deal with it.

What about that post makes you want to vote for me? You highlight part of it and discuss that assumption but I don't know what point you are trying to make.

Sawneeks

Banned
Day 3.

Author's Note: I'm getting a little sidetracked with this one so I might have missed some stuff. Mostly looked at Splinter here since I was starting to get lazy as well. :x

These are my initial thoughts:
1) We have a neutral role that is detrimental to us and lied. He should be our #1 target.
2) Whoever was targeted by Dusk Soldier did not save him. I consider it likely that person is scum, or presumably *these* persons, assuming he targeted multiple players.
3) Splinter made a defense for a neutral role that lied to us and told us that we should actively help him win. None of that is in any way beneficial for town.

More shade on Splinter via Topopopo.

Could be Scum teammate throwing shade on their teammate but, like I said in the day 2 analysis, I'm thinking Topo isn't Scum.

As for inactives... they're a problem, as always. But suppose 1 out of the bottom 3 are scum. How do we direct a lynch onto the correct player when scum have 2 equally suspicious players to redirect to?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

The first active Defense from Splinter I've seen since Melon.

Scum in the inactives, maybe?

Good stuff. Let's close some of these narratives up.

Vote: Salvapot

Melon more than ready to jump onto that Dragonz/Salva train.

This is in response to Splinter's explanation for why we should lynch Dragonz/Salva. Again, a lot of eagerness to follow Splinter into this lynch.

What is the reason again to not lynch a claimed neutral who lied to us and steals our items? I mean, other than Splinter's nonsensical "We have to let him steal our items so that he leaves" explanations.

Magnum leaving the game due to meeting his victory condition doesn't help us.

Splinter's track record
1) Gets a town player that is hard to read (which is bad for mafia) lynched.
2) Gets a town player with an item lynched.
3) Defends a proven liar and claimed neutral.
4) Attacks WAMD, exactly what the deceased Dusk Soldier warned us about. See also #772.

Shade +2.

Add something to the discussion? I know you don't read my posts but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

No, I'm not getting into this with you today. I'm just going to give you 2 options:
  1. Prepare your defense
  2. Kill me tonight

This is one of the few things Splinter does after Kyan and I revealed we were Masons. Do note that Splinter does not actively discuss the Mason scenario AT ALL, something I find very weird. This is partially why I didn't go for Salva at the end of Day 3 because Splinter was really starting to act odd and not at all himself, it felt Scummy.

I also bring this up for the people who believe Kark might be Scum. If you don't believe Splinter would bus Scum!Salva, why would you believe he would go in attacking Scum!Kark?

Vote: *Splinter

vote:SalvaPot

And the vote that makes me hesitate. Or at least it's the vote that made Melon hesitate.

Hey Melon, can you explain both of these votes? If you had enough suspicion to vote for Splinter here why did you turn around and go for the person Splinter had been trying to get lynched all game?

Day 3 End.

Final Thoughts:

Scum list in order of most scummy to least:
Kalor ( If I have any say in it, Kalor gets lynched today )
Melon
Stan

I have already given my thoughts on Kalor the last Day phase when I went through his posts and my thoughts have only been reinforced by looking at his and Splinter's interactions.

Melon has held my suspicions off and on all game but after seeing how she and Splinter acted I'm more inclined to believe she is Scum. Her willingness to follow Splinter is rather odd and the vote on Day 3 towards the end is weird all around. Not to mention that Day 1 vote on Splinter just oozes scum to me.

Stan has been on the sidelines most of the game and his dodging of Splinter has caught my attention. I also noticed he and Kalor never interact really either, although I don't want to state this as fact until Kalor flips as I could be wrong.

Topo still feels odd to me. He typically plays against the grain and this instance is no different, yet I can't shake the feeling something is wrong here. I still think if Melon is Town then Topo is Scum or if Melon is Scum then Topo is Town. However, they could both be Scum and are simply fighting in order to keep distance on each other but I find this rather unlikely. The only reason I bring it up is because despite them both fighting on Day 2 there is never a massive push for either lynch, something which Scum could easily latch on to in order to cause a mislynch yet this did not happen.

Sawneeks

Banned
Fair enough. How are you feeling about Kyan?

OA, Stan, Kark and yourself.

There's a few others coasting in the middle as well. But this is where I'm focusing for the moment.

Better. After going through the game I noticed that both Splinter and Kyan never really agreed with one another and Kyan has been rather open about his Scum read on Splinter. However I also know Kyan is supposed to be able to play a very convincing Scum game so I don't think it's very indicative of anything, it more or less helps my gut read.

Can I ask why me and not Kyan? Also for Stan since I don't think you ever really gave your read on him. :x

Sure.

My top topmost scum was Splinter. I was less sure about you and even less sure about Star Sketch. Yesterday I did consider voting for you, as I noticed Splinter did not place a vote on you at any point. However I felt that getting rid of a neutral (who has no killing power) was a bad move, and given that I also thought Splinter was bussing WAMD/Salva, it made far more sense for me to vote for Salva than you.

My vote for Splinter needs a bit of context because it does look random. But suffice it to say that his behavior has felt a little off to me, very detached from the game at large and exiting that town leadership role he put himself in. It was hard for me to place what exactly was bothering me in towards the end of D3 and I throw the vote out because I had a gut feeling that I was reading the situation wrong prior. If our vig hadn't come through I would have splinter at the top of my scum today.

I should note I'm being a little vague because I don't know what is appropriate or not to say regarding the Mini Mafia II game that just ended.

I switched my vote because of the tie. I believed there was still a chance that maybe WAMD/Salva was scum too and to close that loop.

As I've said, I'm looking at other people for the moment.

Stan is definitely a blind spot and I'm starting to wonder if that is intentional.

As for 'why you, not Kyan' I'm not not looking at him -- you are just far more interesting.

What about that post makes you want to vote for me? You highlight part of it and discuss that assumption but I don't know what point you are trying to make.

That you may have more info on the makeup of the scum team? Because assuming that we have 5 scum is kinda strange.

Sawneeks

Banned
My vote for Splinter needs a bit of context because it does look random. But suffice it to say that his behavior has felt a little off to me, very detached from the game at large and exiting that town leadership role he put himself in. It was hard for me to place what exactly was bothering me in towards the end of D3 and I throw the vote out because I had a gut feeling that I was reading the situation wrong prior. If our vig hadn't come through I would have splinter at the top of my scum today.

I should note I'm being a little vague because I don't know what is appropriate or not to say regarding the Mini Mafia II game that just ended.

I switched my vote because of the tie. I believed there was still a chance that maybe WAMD/Salva was scum too and to close that loop.

As I've said, I'm looking at other people for the moment.

Stan is definitely a blind spot and I'm starting to wonder if that is intentional.

So the Splinter vote was to.....?

He wasn't going to be lynched yesterday and with how late your vote was I'm trying to understand what you planned to accomplish with it.

As for 'why you, not Kyan' I'm not not looking at him -- you are just far more interesting.

D'awww stop it, you're making me blush.

I thought you were voting Topo today why is he at the bottom of your list suddenly?

Honestly seems like you are trying to bus here.

Topo was my original target for today until I went back and reread everything. My feelings stemmed from his actions at the end of the previous Day phase and when I I tried to remember what he did I couldn't come up with anything. The only reason my vote is still on him is because I'm waiting to hear back and then I will go from there.

Can the bus have flames on the side and monster truck wheels?

woops i thought the day would start today, not yesterday.

yeah the obvious thing to take from Splinters flip is that that salva is town. which is a sentiment i agree with, but we have seen balls out full steam ahead bussing before (i can personally think of a game iv lost because of it) so ruling salva completely out is something i would urge people not to do.

im surprised that noone seems to even be mentioning nin, considering how conspicuously inactive he is.
(Hi mr kettle, im pot!)

i would be lying if I said i had any strong scum targets in mind, only vauge ideas on who to look at to try to get a better read on.

El Topo

May I direct attention to nin, his absence and his virtually nonexistant voting record?

Taking Kyanrute's picture, this is how nin ultimately voted:
D1: WAMD
D2: No vote
D3: No vote

From the active players he also has the third-least amount of posts. I had to look that up, because apparently Stanley and Kawl are in this game? Huh.

Top Bottom