• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Danganronpa V3 launches on January 2017 (JP) - New Trailer

Javier

Predicting the outcome of each character based on what we know so far:

(Not necessarily in this order)

Victims:
Detective, Magician, Bug Expert, Cosplayer, Artist, Robot

Killers:
Maid, Tennis Player, Folklorist, Aikido, Astronaut

Survivors:
Pianist, Supreme Ruler, Inventor, Childcare Worker, ???

Permanently A

Ultimate ??? is giving me huge Nagito vibes

LGBb2oL.jpg

Maebe

I think Hope Robot will be the obligatory Megumi Ogata character. The SHSL ??? character is always important to the plot, too. Maybe he is the lucky student this time? The supreme ruler is a funny talent, what does that mean? Maybe someone like Sonia.

Ultimate ??? is giving me huge Nagito vibes

LGBb2oL.jpg

Greener Nagito. Interesting to note there will be an OVA included with the limited edition of V3 centered around Nagito.

i'm a little surprised main character pianist's ultimate ability showoff art looks pretty plain and doesn't really show off her ability

ultimate ??? looks super interesting

i like most of the new titles for folks, would be very cool to see how they act in respect to their ability

already bracing for people i like to die terribly

oh yeah for what it's worth here's the teeny famitsu previews they posted. so everyone's official art should come tomorrow but it'll all be scans so idk when they'll get posted officially

How much I missed Komatsuzaki art. Both the Astronaut and the Ultimate ??? seem to be channeling Komaeda, but the blonde guy looks sketchy as hell in his official art. Kodaka is going to dispose of him early to betray expectations.

The Supreme Ruler guy looks like a combination of both Togami and Gundam.

Yasumi

Banned
Let's give this a shot.

Shinguji Korekiyo- Ultimate Folklorist
Yonaga Anji- Ultimate Art Club
Tojo Kiyoshi- Ultimate Maid
Oba Koyoshi- Ultimate Supreme Ruler
Hakugin Tsumugi- Ultimate Cosplayer
KIIBO- Ultimate Robot
Chabishira Tenko- Ultimate Aikido
Akamatsu Kaede- Ultimate Pianist (Protagonist)
Momota Kaito- Ultimate Astronaut
Harukawa Mahime- Ultimate Childcare Worker
Saigen Shuichi- Ultimate Detective
Hoshi Ryouma- Ultimate Tennis Player
Amami Rantaro- Ultimate ???
Himitsuko Yumeno- Ultimate Magician
Gokuhara Gonta- Ultimate Bug Expert
Iruma Mito- Ultimate Inventor

Ultimate Talents, left to right

oh yeah for what it's worth here's the teeny famitsu previews they posted. so everyone's official art should come tomorrow but it'll all be scans so idk when they'll get posted officially

Thanks for posting. Loving the art. Lots of cool abilities too. So far I like the Ultimate Magician, Inventor and Folklorist. And of course Kaede, although I can't wait to see them all. Everything seems promising so far.

Let's give this a shot.

This was what Gematsu posted for comparison:

•Korekiyo Shinguuji – Ultimate Folklorist
•Angie Yonaga – Ultimate Art Club
•Zanbi Toujo – Ultimate Maid
•Koyoshi Ouma – Ultimate President
•Tsumugi Shiragane – Ultimate Cosplayer
•Kiibo – Ultimate Robot
•Tenshi Chabashira – Ultimate Aikido Practitioner
•Kaede Akamatsu (Protagonist) – Ultimate Pianist
•Hiroto Hyakuta – Ultimate Astronaut
•Maki Harukawa – Ultimate Nursery Teacher
•Shuuichi Saihara – Ultimate Detective
•Ryouma Hoshi – Ultimate Tennis Player
•Rantaro Amakai – Ultimate ???
•Himitsuko Yumeno – Ultimate Magician
•Gonta Gokuhara – Ultimate Entomologist
•Mito Irima – Ultimate Inventor

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2016/09/new-danganronpa-v3-launches-january-12-japan#xWzB2Ih1zOhBFYQ5.99

yeah i'm still not convinced kaede is gonna be the protagonist we stick with through the entire game. feels like they're really taking every opportunity to highlight her being the protagonist which i find kinda suspect. i really hope she is, though.

hopebot seems like a really funny side character but a really boring playable character so i very much hope we don't play as him. secret-ahoge detective... eh. i guess i'd hope he's next in the ahoge-reserve if kaede bites it but i'd need to see more of him.

benzopil

I don't think anyone of them will be as cool as Chiaki, but I'll probably spend a lot of time talking to Ultimate Maid and Magician. Hopefully at least one of them will be as cute and smart as my favorite was :p

PK Gaming

Points to consider:

Kaede has a

-Strong personality
-Defined backstory
-"leadership" qualities

She's completely unlike the previous main protagonists (and most VN protagonists for that matter)

It's a bummer she's going to die because it would be hella interesting to have a character who isn't strictly an audience surrogate be the main lead. And a girl at that (so all new perspective, changed up free time events, etc).

Oh vey...

yeah i'm still not convinced kaede is gonna be the protagonist we stick with through the entire game. feels like they're really taking every opportunity to highlight her being the protagonist which i find kinda suspect. i really hope she is, though.

hopebot seems like a really funny side character but a really boring playable character so i very much hope we don't play as him. secret-ahoge detective... eh. i guess i'd hope he's next in the ahoge-reserve if kaede bites it but i'd need to see more of him.

Something that sticks out for me is that Kaede and Ultimate Detective are both big on the box art, but they're also both on opposite sides. Hope-bot is smack in the middle IIRC.

I want Kaede, especially because she seems so different than what we've had before. But with 3-5 ahoges in the cast, it feels like there could be some fuckery.

Over the Top "Theory" to cover for multiple ahoges:
You (as Kaede) are the first killer, perspective change to Detective midway through Class Trial. Detective dies in Chapter 2, perspective switch to Hopebot. He is killed in Chapter 5 and you switch to Inventor Girl, who created him and "murdered" him by using a deactivation code. Inventor Girl is punished on the class trial and you switch to glasses girl where in Chapter 6 you discover glasses girl is the mastermind and then you switch to ??? who kills her and gets off the school because you manage to lie. You play as the remaining Ahoges in the secret Chapter -1.

I do think you'll be playing as the guilty party in the game though, even if only for a bit.

Something that sticks out for me is that Kaede and Ultimate Detective are both big on the box art, but they're also both on opposite sides. Hope-bot is smack in the middle IIRC.

I want Kaede, especially because she seems so different than what we've had before. But with 3-5 ahoges in the cast, it feels like there could be some fuckery.

Speaking of the boxart, looking back at it, I'm noticing it uses the same promo art as in the Famitsu preview. Their talents were in front of us this whole time!

Speaking of the boxart, looking back at it, I'm noticing it uses the same promo art as in the Famitsu preview. Their talents were in front of us this whole time!

yeah, people were guessing their talents off the art, but the box art was ants tiny then, so it was hard to zoom in and enhance! well

selo

Hey guys, how long do these games usually take to make it to NA? I recently got into the danganronpa series when they were released on steam, so I've got no idea how much people wait for them (and I assume they'll first make it to Ps4/Vita and some months/years later Steam :( )

Hey guys, how long do these games usually take to make it to NA? I recently got into the danganronpa series when they were released on steam, so I've got no idea how much people wait for them (and I assume they'll first make it to Ps4/Vita and some months/years later Steam :( )
The Vita port was released on October 2013 in Japan, and the localized version of DR1 was released on February 2014 in America. The localized version of DR2 was released on September, IIRC. UDG took a whole year to be localized and released in America.

Jameson

Ultimate ??? will make it to the end for sure.

Short and big characters never make it, so Ultimate Tennis Player/Ultimate Bug Expert are so dead.

Outside that everyone else has a shot.

Yeah, I'm also going to put on my tinfoil hat and jump on the bandwagon that 1) Kaede is a decoy protagonist, who might die early on, and 2) you're going to play a killer at some point (hence the lie bullet mechanics).

However, they did specially get the stage actress to voice her, so that's an argument for her staying throughout the game.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
IIRC, these people are prisoners who are ultimates right? So they've done a crime or something?

Also I bet Ultimate Art Club is begging to be a murderer.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

selo

The Vita port was released on October 2013 in Japan, and the localized version of DR1 was released on February 2014 in America. The localized version of DR2 was released on September, IIRC. UDG took a whole year to be localized and released in America.

Ahhh, was hoping for a shorter wait :(

NEO0MJ

Ultimate ??? will make it to the end for sure.

Short and big characters never make it, so Ultimate Tennis Player/Ultimate Bug Expert are so dead.

Outside that everyone else has a shot.

Not only is ultimate tennis short, he also has that funny face thing going. Probably gonna be a pervert, too.

18-Volt

Ahhh, was hoping for a shorter wait :(

Maybe there could be a chance. Now Spike Chunsoft have a separate presence in west, they could make the near-simultaneous release a reality, like XSEED is doing right now with Fate/Extella.

Setsu00

Oh? What are the other ones? I just saw Utena this year.

Major spoilers for Danganronpa 3 (the anime, mind you):
- Byakuya is sitting on the top of a red sports car just like Akio
- Chiaki's death sequence includes her getting stabbed multiple times while the color palette switches to black and red.

okay famitsu is out

proper readings are:
Akamatsu Kaede - Ultimate Pianist
Amami Rantarou - Ultimate ???
Iruma Miu - Ultimate Inventor
Ouma Kokichi - Ultimate Dictator
Kiibo - Ultimate Robot
Gokuhara Gonta - Ultimate Entomologist
Saihara Shuuichi - Ultimate Detective
Shirogane Tsumugi - Ultimate Cosplayer
Shinguuji Korekiyo - Ultimate Folklorist
Chabashira Tenko - Ultimate Aikido
Toujou Kirumi - Ultimate Maid
Harukawa Maki - Ultimate Nursery Teacher
Momota Kaito - Ultimate Astronaut
Hoshi Ryouma - Ultimate Tennis Player
Yumeno Himiko - Ultimate Magician
Yonaga Angie - Ultimate Art Club
Monokumas - Monotarou, Monosuke, Monoffany, Monokid, Monodam

FluxWaveZ

There's a blurb next to the new Ultimate Detective about Kyoko in the issue. Wonder what it says.

The "Ultimate ???" is definitely going to be important in the story; he's not going to die first or anything.

Now that it's official, comparing my predictions to their actual talents:

Ultimate Singer - Ultimate Pianist (Close-ish, though the music connection was obvious.)
Ultimate Smarmy Douche - Ultimate ??? (TBD)
Ultimate Pilot - Ultimate Inventor (Eh.)
Ultimate Psychopath - Ultimate Dictator (Might be accurate.)
Ultimate Cyborg - Ultimate Robot (Basically.)
Ultimate Nature Lover - Ultimate Entomologist (Kinda close. It was the bare feet.)
Ultimate Informant - Ultimate Detective (Wrong side of the equation.)
Ultimate Seamstress - Ultimate Cosplayer (On the right track.)
Ultimate War Criminal - Ultimate Folklorist (Way wrong.)
Ultimate Ninja/Assassin - Ultimate Aikido (Nope.)
Ultimate Maid/Servant - Ultimate Maid (Easy to guess.)
Ultimate Detective - Ultimate Nursery Teacher (Wrong person.)
Ultimate General - Ultimate Astronaut (Not even close.)
Ultimate Jailbird - Ultimate Tennis Player (...)
Ultimate Magician - Ultimate Magician (Everyone got this.)
Ultimate Sculptor - Ultimate Art Club (Pretty close.)

Soriku

There's a blurb next to the new Ultimate Detective about Kyoko in the issue. Wonder what it says.

The "Ultimate ???" is definitely going to be important in the story; he's not going to die first or anything.

Ultimate ??? is actually the Ultimate Jobber and DOES die first.

Top Bottom