• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT7| Please wait for Tien to be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopeford

Just rewatched the DBZ ending for the first time in forever to see if I could gather how they'd fit it in with Super.

I don't have the faintest idea about that.

However, what I know for sure is that Goku is more of a terrible dad/husband than I remember. Man. As a kid it didn't really hit me how fucked up it was that he just straight up abandoned his family out of nowhere to satisfy his fight boner.

Like it works well as an ending to the series, don't get me wrong. It's just that holy shit Goku is a dick.

Also that said I did dig how friendly Vegeta was being to Goku at the end of Z, in his own Vegeta way. I also liked how he was like "Nope. I see through your bullshit. I know this isn't about protecting the earth, it's all about you being addicted to fighting."

J4g3r

Who else remembers this edge lord opening?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuFd5a_XLhc

First time I've ever seen this, good god.

Also, I completely forgot about this opening since Rock the Dragon gets all the love usually:

https://youtu.be/S3dH9hA183s

The Yamcha footsies.

mNGH6iZ.gif

HeroR

Maybe Future Zamasu is a kai ? Without Goku, he might have passed his exam or something.

Future Zamasu is a Kai, but he shouldn't' be able to used the Time Rings since Gowasu specifically said you need to be a Supreme Kai. Which is why Shin was talking about he wished he was still a lower Kai so he can heal and Gowasu pointed out the flaw in that thinking.

I don't know, the manga feels like Toyo is trying to copy Toriyama write by the seat of your pants approached and he kinds of suck at it.

Odder, fans are saying that the multiplier Merged Zamasu clones makes mores sense than the anime where Merged Zamasu fused with the multiverse, saying the anime didn't explain how it happened. Except it did, while the manga gave a word salad explanation for why Merged Zamasu's regeneration did what it did and how the heck Black bond with Future Zamasu on the cellular level? Them both being Zamasu makes no sense since Black is in Goku's body so he wouldn't have the same cells as Future Zamasu.

Besides the Zenkai's which is inconsistent what else

because i'm right Namek was more "planned" than Cell unless i'm wrong

Maybe my understanding is off? I thought it was an unplanned saiyan saga extension, and Vegeta was the original strongest in the Universe.
As far as I know, switching out the villian and some time shenanigans are the only ass pulls of Cell saga.
Sorry if I'm wrong.

HeroR

Maybe my understanding is off? I thought it was an unplanned saiyan saga extension, and Vegeta was the original strongest in the Universe.
As far as I know, switching out the villian and some time shenanigans are the only ass pulls of Cell saga.
Sorry if I'm wrong.

All the sagas were unplanned, so the Namek Saga isn't some special exception. Toriyama didn't plan ahead.

The Android/Cell is just the worse example, well maybe the Buu Saga was worse, since Toriyama kept changing the villain. Even Cell kept changing.

The whole thing in the manga with Black and Zamasu rejecting the defusion and then both of them just turning into Merged Zamasu makes no damn sense.

Slaythe

Buu was far worse than Cell.

Cell saga was about Toriyama figuring out how to make stuff he mentioned work through the constant changes.

Buu is about not giving a shit whatsoever.

J-Skee

Just rewatched the DBZ ending for the first time in forever to see if I could gather how they'd fit it in with Super.

However, what I know for sure is that Goku is more of a terrible dad/husband than I remember. Man. As a kid it didn't really hit me how fucked up it was that he just straight up abandoned his family out of nowhere to satisfy his fight boner.

Like it works well as an ending to the series, don't get me wrong. It's just that holy shit Goku is a dick.

Also that said I did dig how friendly Vegeta was being to Goku at the end of Z, in his own Vegeta way. I also liked how he was like "Nope. I see through your bullshit. I know this isn't about protecting the earth, it's all about you being addicted to fighting."

When he actually called him "Goku" instead of "Kakorot", I knew he was a changed man.

HeroR

Buu was far worse than Cell.

Cell saga was about Toriyama figuring out how to make stuff he mentioned work through the constant changes.

Buu is about not giving a shit whatsoever.

And it still turned out better than the Cell Saga.

The whole thing in the manga with Black and Zamasu rejecting the defusion and then both of them just turning into Merged Zamasu makes no damn sense.

I am trying to be fair. What exactly happened? The way I read it is that Black and Future Zamasu could fight the defusing because they were the same person and bounded on a cellular level. Did it explain who Black and Future Zamasu turned into Merged Zamasu despite them being cut in half? It feels like Toyo was using the same explanation Toriyama used to explained how Cell got his perfect form again after his failed self-destruction. Someone told me it's explained that Zamasu's regeneration going haywire for some reason.

I'm being serious, I have no clue what just happened.

caliph95

I guess the explanation or possible future one for infinite Zamas is his regenration creating new copies from what i get on Reddit.

Still prefer cosmic horror Zamas

Minority opinion presented as fact.

All the sagas were unplanned, so the Namek Saga isn't some special exception. Toriyama didn't plan ahead.

The Android/Cell is just the worse example, well maybe the Buu Saga was worse, since Toriyama kept changing the villain. Even Cell kept changing.

Its special in that it is a direct continuation of the Saiyan saga, and not self contained(Albeit with minor overatures) like the other sagas.

I am trying to be fair. What exactly happened? The way I read it is that Black and Future Zamasu could fight the defusing because they were the same person and bounded on a cellular level. Did it explain who Black and Future Zamasu turned into Merged Zamasu despite them being cut in half? It feels like Toyo was using the same explanation Toriyama used to explained how Cell got his perfect form again after his failed self-destruction. Someone told me it's explained that Zamasu's regeneration going haywire for some reason.

I'm being serious, I have no clue what just happened.

They don't explain it. It feels like Toyotaro is just trying to do the opposite of what the anime did and didn't really think it through.
I guess the explanation or possible future one for infinite Zamas is his regenration creating new copies from what i get on Reddit.

That doesn't explain why Black suddenly became immortal and turned into Merged Zamasu.

HeroR

I don't know. Everything you can hate on in the Cell saga is present and even exacerbated in the Buu saga on top of bringing new issues.

Only Goku and Vegeta really acted like idiots in the Buu Saga with Vegeta being the biggest idiot. Unlike the Cell Saga, however, Vegeta paid for what he did by getting his ass beat by Buu, dying for nothing and going to hell, finding out that Goku was holding back on him after he sold his soul, and finding out that he's no match against any form of Buu and is just fusion fodder. Which makes Vegeta being an idiot more tolerable than he was during the Cell Games where he only got his ego bruised.

This is compared to the Android/Cell Saga were everyone were freaking morons. The way Cell became perfect is still the most frustrating part of the series to me since the amount of stupid to make it happened makes me hate the characters.

Buu was a smart villain who played the heroes on top of being fun to watch, over boring Cell who held the idiot ball the moment he became perfect.

Wouldn't explain Black.

Minority opinion presented as fact.

Its special in that it is a direct continuation of the Saiyan saga, and not self contained(Albeit with minor overatures) like the other sagas.

The 23rd World Martial Arts Tournament is a continuation of the King Piccolo Saga and Toriyama didn't plan either sagas out. Also, the other sagas being self-contain doesn't make them less of an asspull. If anything, it makes them more so.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
The whole thing about them mixing on a cellular level makes no sense, what the hell else would a fusion be? You're mixing two bodies into one.
Since they are the same person the really liked being together

Or something

The 23rd World Martial Arts Tournament is a continuation of the King Piccolo Saga and Toriyama didn't plan either sagas out. Also, the other sagas being self-contain doesn't make them less of an asspull. If anything, it makes them more so.
I think the 22nd tournament into the Piccolo arc is an even better example.

caliph95

The whole thing about them mixing on a cellular level makes no sense, what the hell else would a fusion be? You're mixing two bodies into one.
They may use them having the same soul as something of an explanation but yeah especially when their body was breaking and was defusing since their time ran out though if it they would have immediately split not breakdown

HeroR

Since they are the same person the really liked being together

Or something.

But Black is in Goku's body. So he wouldn't have the same cells as Future Zamasu. If would make more sense to say they bounded on a spiritual level, which caused their bodies to stay fused.

Makes little sense either, but I think it works better than what Toyo wrote.

If Toyotaro wanted Merged Zamasu to come back after the fusion ran out I would have rathered Trunks kill Black and then Zamasu just pulls a Cell and regenerates into Merged Zamasu by himself.
Black suddenly becoming immortal and turning into Merged Zamasu just makes things way too fucking confusing, with Zamasu himself you can at least follow the example of Cell for it to "make sense".
Either way I'd still prefer the anime version where the fusion ends up being a bad idea for Zamasu and he starts falling apart physically and mentally.

Slaythe

Only Goku and Vegeta really acted like idiots in the Buu Saga with Vegeta being the biggest idiot.
Unlike the Cell Saga, however, Vegeta paid for what he did by getting his ass beat by Buu, dying for nothing and going to hell, finding out that Goku was holding back on him after he sold his soul, and finding out that he's no match against any form of Buu and is just fusion fodder. Which makes Vegeta being an idiot more tolerable than he was during the Cell Games where he only got his ego bruised.

This is compared to the Android/Cell Saga were everyone were freaking morons. The way Cell became perfect is still the most frustrating part of the series to me since the amount of stupid to make it happened makes me hate the characters.

Buu was a smart villain who played the heroes on top of being fun to watch, over boring Cell who held the idiot ball the moment he became perfect.

How about we review the major players in the arc :

- Kaioshin : leads everybody into a trap, can read minds when nobody asks him to yet doesn't see Vegeta's intent and how it could be a problem with Babidi, warns people that shocks to the ship could unleash Buu even if he is "incomplete".... Yet when it became clear Buu was gonna get stronger by the minute he didn't try to destroy the ship before he got full power and wasted all his time chit chatting with Babidi. Add to all that, that he could have teleported and brought Gohan back when Buu absorbed Gotenks to wait until the fusion ran out then send him back. Even if earth blew up or something, there was the Namek Dragon Balls.

- Gotenks : So the moron kept playing games, overestimated himself several times, and ended up not testing the time limit of his SSJ3, which proved fatal. Fell right into a trap to get absorbed. How smart.

- Vegeta : Typical Vegeta.

- Goku : unacceptably decided to not take out Vegeta instantly and lead to Buu's revival

- Gohan : Didn't take out Buu fast enough because he wanted to make him pay. Ended up allowing him to absorb Gotenks and Piccolo, leading to his demise.

- Vegeto : Once again, instead of destroying Buu instantly, he decides to ... go in and save the kids ? Why ? Couldn't they ask the Namek Dragon to revive them ? They already had to revive half of earth and all their other friends anyway.....

So yeah I'm sorry but I'm not seeing all those smart people there.

HeroR

How about we review the major players in the arc :

- Kaioshin : leads everybody into a trap, can read minds when nobody asks him to yet doesn't see Vegeta's intent and how it could be a problem with Babidi, warns people that shocks to the ship could unleash Buu even if he is "incomplete".... Yet when it became clear Buu was gonna get stronger by the minute he didn't try to destroy the ship before he got full power and wasted all his time chit chatting with Babidi. Add to all that, that he could have teleported and brought Gohan back when Buu absorbed Gotenks to wait until the fusion ran out then send him back. Even if earth blew up or something, there was the Namek Dragon Balls.

- Gotenks : So the moron kept playing games, overestimated himself several times, and ended up not testing the time limit of his SSJ3, which proved fatal. Fell right into a trap to get absorbed. How smart.

- Vegeta : Typical Vegeta.

- Goku : unacceptably decided to not take out Vegeta instantly and lead to Buu's revival

- Gohan : Didn't take out Buu fast enough because he wanted to make him pay. Ended up allowing him to absorb Gotenks and Piccolo, leading to his demise.

- Vegeto : Once again, instead of destroying Buu instantly, he decides to ... go in and save the kids ? Why ? Couldn't they ask the Namek Dragon to revive them ? They already had to revive half of earth and all their other friends anyway.....

So yeah I'm sorry but I'm not seeing all those smart people there.

The Supreme Kai's plan was flawed, but would have worked if Goku, Vegeta, and Gohan would have listened to him. Even then, the entire plan would have worked if Vegeta didn't sell his soul. And that plan was unnecessary since they could have killed Buu by Goku and Gohan fusion, so there was no point of playing the time game.

Gotenks is the fusion of two kids, so him being a childish idiot makes sense. Even then, he would have killed Buu if his fusion didn't break when it did.

Vegeta was properly punished for being a jackass and finally learned his lesson.

Agree on Goku.

Gohan ran into the same problem that did him in in the Cell Saga, something that I am happy Super is finally addressing.

Vegito wanted to rescue his friends before killing Buu, so I have no problem with his actions. It is the Old Kai's fault for not knowing that mortals fusion had limits. Also, it's heartless to think that Vegito would just be okay with murdering his kids if he could save them. Despite what some think, the cast do treat dying fairly seriously.

And all these are still smarter than their Cell Saga counterparts, especially "I won't run" 18.

Slaythe

Hey, peeps. I kinda fell off the Super bandwagon before they finished Resurrection F. Should I be watching the show or reading the manga?

For the love of god do not read the manga.

Watch the Resurrection F movie if you hadn't, and start Super at episode 28. The quality of the show will improve slowly, but surely.

Starting episode 77, the show's quality has been consistent and amazing. (it wasn't all bad before episode 77 so watch the prior episodes :D)

Frieza saga is by far the biggest asspull with that logic then, because its an asspull of another asspull, and it works beautifully to add to the ridiculousness. Which was point in the first place.
Piccolo tourney was just Toriyama's standard tourney with the villain of the last arc thrown in. If you count Tien as a Tao stand in, it followed the last tourney structure pretty rigidly all things considered.

Slaythe

The Supreme Kai's plan was flawed, but would have worked if Goku, Vegeta, and Gohan would have listened to him. Even then, the entire plan would have worked if Vegeta didn't sell his soul. And that plan was unnecessary since they could have killed Buu by Goku and Gohan fusion, so there was no point of playing the time game.

Gotenks is the fusion of two kids, so him being a childish idiot makes sense. Even then, he would have killed Buu if his fusion didn't break when it did.

Vegeta was properly punished for being a jackass and finally learned his lesson.

Agree on Goku.

Gohan ran into the same problem that did him in in the Cell Saga, something that I am happy Super is finally addressing.

Vegito wanted to rescue his friends before killing Buu, so I have no problem with his actions. It is the Old Kai's fault for not knowing that mortals fusion had limits. Also, it's heartless to think that Vegito would just be okay with murdering his kids if he could save them. Despite what some think, the cast do treat dying fairly seriously.

And all these are still smarter than their Cell Saga counterparts, especially "I won't run" 18.

You conveniently forgot Shin, and the fact that Gotenks is a kid doesn't mean he's not an idiot. He has an excuse for being one but he's still one.
Gohan acted foolishly too, it's awesome they addressed it in Super but he wasn't any smarter here than in the Cell saga.

Vegeto had no guarantee to save the kids, he didn't know if the shield would work, or if he could actually unfuse them with Buu. So basically he took the risky way that could endanger the entire universe in case of failure, over instantly destroying the kids that were unconscious and wouldn't feel a thing, just prior to reviving them.

This is dumb.

As for 18, it was probably hard to imagine Vegeta would turn on her like that. In the manga, Vegeta turning on her and Cell seeing her are literally within the same couple of pages.

Before that, she was told not to run because Cell was looking for flying objects.

When Vegeta stomped all over Cell, I think they were a bit too shocked to think properly, and again, in the manga it was rather brief.

edit :

Bullshit. You say that, yet every single decision Shin made led the worst possible outcome. Every single time. He can read minds, him being taken by surprise is ridiculous. Why would they force a (so they thought) permanent fusion on Goku and Gohan, as well as killing the elder Kai when they could have waited 10 minutes ? This is moronic.

HeroR

Frieza saga is by far the biggest asspull with that logic then, because its an asspull of another asspull, and it works beautifully to add to the ridiculousness. Which was point in the first place.
Piccolo tourney was just Toriyama's standard tourney with the villain of the last arc thrown in. If you count Tien as a Tao stand in, it followed the last tourney structure pretty rigidly all things considered.

So the 22 to the King Piccolo Saga to 23rd World Martial Arts Tournament were all one long asspull?

You conveniently forgot Shin, and the fact that Gotenks is a kid doesn't mean he's not an idiot. He has an excuse for being one but he's still one.
Gohan acted foolishly too, it's awesome they addressed it in Super but he wasn't any smarter here than in the Cell saga.

Vegeto had no guarantee to save the kids, he didn't know if the shield would work, or if he could actually unfuse them with Buu. So basically he took the risky way that could endanger the entire universe in case of failure, over instantly destroying the kids that were unconscious and wouldn't feel a thing, just prior to reviving them.

This is dumb.

As for 18, it was probably hard to imagine Vegeta would turn on her like that. In the manga, Vegeta turning on her and Cell seeing her are literally within the same couple of pages.

Before that, she was told not to run because Cell was looking for flying objects.

When Vegeta stomped all over Cell, I think they were a bit too shocked to think properly, and again, in the manga it was rather brief.

edit :

Bullshit. You say that, yet every single decision Shin made led the worst possible outcome. Every single time. He can read minds, him being taken by surprise is ridiculous. Why would they force a (so they thought) permanent fusion on Goku and Gohan, as well as killing the elder Kai when they could have waited 10 minutes ? This is moronic.

I didn't 'conveniently' forget Shin. I said his plan, while flawed, still would have worked overall if it wasn't for Vegeta.

I said Gotenks was an idiot. I said his idiotic is justified because he's he merger of two kids who have never experience a real life and death battle. So I wouldn't expect them to act smart.

I said Gohan acted foolishly, so what are you even arguing here?

Vegito thought of a plan to save the kids and acted on it. It was a noble goal that ended badly, not an act of him being stupid. And he must have some knowledge that his shield would work since he wasn't surprised that it didn't or even hinted that it failing was risk. So this is just you using a 'What If".

18 never acted that way again after the Cell Saga, meaning she only acted like a moron in those moments to keep the plot going. There is literally no excuse for her being that dumb giving her characterization before and after that moment.

Look how the Buu Saga went in Future Trunks' timeline with the Supreme Kai. Not half of this shit happened, so you can't put everyone on Shin. And why not forced permanent fusion on Goku and Gohan if it means that can stop Buu for sure instead of waiting the clock and hoping they can kill him later.

No matter how you spin it, the Cell Saga was one long idiot ball for the entire cast, including the characters introduced in that story arc. Not one person, be it the hero or villain, did anything smart.

The Buu Saga had people being idiots too, but most of the really bad stuff can be limited to Vegeta (who finally got punished), Gotenks (the fusion of two kids), Gohan to an extent (for being a smug super), and Goku (not taking out Majin Vegeta to save Vegeta's feelings and not wiping Buu, but even that comes off as more sympathetic than most of the characters in Cell Saga).

Hey, peeps. I kinda fell off the Super bandwagon before they finished Resurrection F. Should I be watching the show or reading the manga?

Watch Super for sure. It's what's actually canon, more thorough, and it's way more ahead. Read the manga as a supplement if you choose. There's a lot of people out there who are enjoying the Goku Black arc in the manga along with the anime (they execute things pretty differently) so I suggest trying that particular arc out there if you're interested. But you should watch the anime by default.

Slaythe

I didn't 'conveniently' forget Shin. I said his plan, while flawed, still would have worked overall if it wasn't for Vegeta.

I said Gotenks was an idiot. I said his idiotic is justified because he's he merger of two kids who have never experience a real life and death battle. So I wouldn't expect them to act smart.

I said Gohan acted foolishly, so what are you even arguing here?

My point is that all the major players were stupid. You can't fucking disregard Goku Vegeta Gotenks Gohan and be like "yeah this is fine". And I think Shin was a failure. Sure his plan would have worked "without Vegeta", but he proved he could read Vegeta's mind and did so in fact, so not seeing coming what happened is his fault, for a guy supposed to be super wise.

Vegito thought of a plan to save the kids and acted on it. It was a noble goal that ended badly, not an act of him being stupid. And he must have some knowledge that his shield would work since he wasn't surprised that it didn't or even hinted that it failing was risk. So this is just you using a 'What If".

He says with a huge smile on his face (a strike contrast with what he had right before being absorbed) "The energy shield worked ! I didn't get absorbed !", there's no way in hell this is to convey "hey I'm 100% sure this is gonna work". He took a gamble.

If you told me I could get 5 million dollars, if I instantly erased my family members, that are asleep, and they wouldn't feel any pain, and on top of that, I could bring them back as if nothing happened the very same day, I would probably do it.

Now if you told me the fate of the entire world and universe depended on it........... Then I wouldn't hesitate.

Plus up to that point, every single plan against Buu ended up failing miserably, you'd think he'd take a hint.

18 never acted that way again after the Cell Saga, meaning she only acted like a moron in those moments to keep the plot going. There is literally no excuse for her being that dumb giving her characterization before and after that moment.

You're aggravating.

So let me get this straight.

- She runs away with 16

- Cell catches up so they have to hide

- Cell starts blowing up islands and looks for them to fly away

- Vegeta shows up and there are only two islands left so obviously they are next to them

- They can't run away because they think Vegeta is gonna get one shot and then they'd get caught up in an instant

- Vegeta ends up curb stomping Cell, to the point where Cell is completely powerless, they are shocked to see this, but more importantly, Cell doesn't know where they are

- Krilin finds them, shows the remote, tells 18 to run away

- Which coincides perfectly with Vegeta agreeing with Cell to let him become perfect, and Cell sees them right away, while Krilin and 18 talk, this is all happening within the same couple of pages in the manga

- Trunks warns 18, Cell rushes, Vegeta kicks Trunks out, Cell arrives. Remember Cell's speed is no match for 16 and 18, as illustrated when he absorbed 17.

So where was she uncharacteristically dumb exactly ?

Look how the Buu Saga went in Future Trunks' timeline with the Supreme Kai. Not half of this shit happened, so you can't put everyone on Shin. And why not forced permanent fusion on Goku and Gohan if it means that can stop Buu for sure instead of waiting the clock and hoping they can kill him later.

Because we're talking 10 minutes. Not 10 hours. Seems like overkill.

No matter how you spin it, the Cell Saga was one long idiot ball for the entire cast, including the characters introduced in that story arc. Not one person, be it the hero or villain, did anything smart.

The Buu Saga had people being idiots too, but most of the really bad stuff can be limited to Vegeta (who finally got punished), Gotenks (the fusion of two kids), Gohan to an extent (for being a smug super), and Goku (not taking out Majin Vegeta to save Vegeta's feelings and not wiping Buu, but even that comes off as more sympathetic than most of the characters in Cell Saga).

"But it can be limited to all the main characters"

Yeah K. We're gonna stop here.

It's the equivalent of the anime's "Zamasu Essence" spreading through the universe. They both aren't justified except by the fact that "a half immortal body does weird stuff". I don't see why the manga should get any more flak for this.

Real Hero

It's the equivalent of the anime's "Zamasu Essence" spreading through the universe. They both aren't justified except by the fact that "a half immortal body does weird stuff". I don't see why the manga should get any more flak for this.

The Anime plays into the whole god thing though and an immortal living on beyond the body. The manga version is just repeating cell and buu, pretty boring conclusion

Slaythe

Zamasu's essence had Zamasu's face though, not merged Zamasu's.

The Anime plays into the whole god thing though and an immortal living on beyond the body. The manga version is just repeating cell and buu, pretty boring conclusion
Not really when Cell and Buu didn't make multiple full clones of themselves? Anyway, I was addressing the "sense" of the matter. Also we still also don't know how things will end up concluding.

Zamasu's essence had Zamasu's face though, not merged Zamasu's.

The manga hasn't depicted Zamasu's essence. It's still playing off of Merged Zamasu's physical body.

ElFly

the stupid part is that Goku can teleport

he could sleep in his house every night while training Uub

EmiPrime

the stupid part is that Goku can teleport

he could sleep in his house every night while training Uub

I am glad I am not alone in this bugging the hell out of me. That and the crew going years without seeing each other despite being able to fly.

Slaythe

we're getting to the true issue here

If you look at Goku's actions like a way to make sure he doesn't have to go back home with her, it suddenly makes perfect sense.

"Fire your beam Piccolo !!!!!!!!! Even though I could have removed his tail permanently but whatever"

"I have to stay at the hospital Chichi I'm sorry, can't go home like this haha..."

"I'm gonna take a nice trip through space for months faaaar from home".

"Hey Shenron... please don't bring me back there... you have no idea what's like..."

"Oh nooooo, I have to sacrifice myself because Cell is gonna explode, this is tragic really. Oh BTW don't bring me back pls"

Goku's great mission has been trying to find ways to escape her.

Uub is his most successful attempt. Truly the perfect conclusion to the series.

ElFly

If you look at Goku's actions like a way to make sure he doesn't have to go back home with her, it suddenly makes perfect sense.

"Fire your beam Piccolo !!!!!!!!! Even though I could have removed his tail permanently but whatever"

"I have to stay at the hospital Chichi I'm sorry, can't go home like this haha..."

"I'm gonna take a nice trip through space for months faaaar from home".

"Hey Shenron... please don't bring me back there... you have no idea what's like..."

"Oh nooooo, I have to sacrifice myself because Cell is gonna explode, this is tragic really. Oh BTW don't bring me back pls"

Goku's great mission has been trying to find ways to escape her.

Uub is his most successful attempt. Truly the perfect conclusion to the series.

Vegeta much later: look I know we aren't close, but, come on, just get a divorce

vypek

I've been watching more of the Buu saga for the first time. When I was younger I only got to see an episode here or there so some parts are familiar while the vast majority is new to me. Enjoying it so far. Feels sort of nostalgic in a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom