• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT7| Please wait for Tien to be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeeter49

I think ti was implied Toppo still had a lot of power left. Either way, standing up to Blue was impressive, and the warped Kamehameha on Cell should show what a surprise attack can do to someone stronger than Goku.

Skeeter49

That's really sad to hear. I hope he gets better.

His Frieza is amazing, one of the few things Kai did better. Hearing him in the movie was so good, and I'm enjoying him in RoF more than I did Japanese Frieza, who is also great.

Oh, I haven't really watched DB Super's English dub past the Beerus arc, but if people are enjoying his work then it must be for a good reason, hopefully he'll get better soon.
Not sure if it's different than the Japanese lines, but his torture scene with Gohan is pretty good. I loved the part where he's like, "If you think laying down is a sign I'll stop than you're sorely misinformed."

HardRojo

Not sure if it's different than the Japanese lines, but his torture scene with Gohan is pretty good. I loved the part where he's like, "If you think laying down is a sign I'll stop than you're sorely misinformed."
Oh, I might try suffering through the RoF episodes one more time...

Skeeter49

I like how Ginyu Tagoma is called Captain Colorful by Frieza. There's small stuff I think the dub does well that helped the BoG arc, and seems to be helping RoF.

Also, did Gohan talk about how lack of training was stopping him from going Ultimate in the Japanese version?

L Thammy

Watched the Toppo fight again. As far as I can tell:

Super Saiyan: Toppo wins by a landslide. Successfully perform several damaging attacks. Goku only lands one kick, and that's when he's breaking out of a joint lock, so Toppo can't dodge or block without releasing it.

Super Saiyan Blue: Toppo loses by a landslide. He seems to be even during the punch rush, but aside from that, he's just getting hit by Goku's combos. He gives Goku one clean hit, and that's in between receiving two of Goku's punches.

Kamehameha: Toppo survives it, but he's panting and sweating. It's obviously not something he can shrug off.​

We don't get to see Toppo fight after he powers up, but considering that he was already clearly losing and Goku wasn't using his Kaioken either, I don't think the takeaway is he's equal to Goku. He's strong, just enough that he's not totally shut down against Goku, but he's very clearly a step below.

So I hate to post bad news, but there's something concerning Frieza's current English VA that I think people should know about, especially since Toonami viewers are enjoying his work so much in Super. Christopher Ayres is fantastic as Frieza in my opinion, as good and sometimes better than the Japanese VA. He also seems like a really swell guy all around who genuinely enjoys interacting with fans. That's why I'm really sad to say he's going through some hardships right now...He revealed on his facebook that he's suffering from advanced Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and final stage Emphysema. Apparently he's been in the hospital for the past three months.

So if you can, go wish him well on twitter or facebook, tell him you're enjoying him on Super, keep him in your prayers, and hope life treats him better.

:(

Fj0823

Oh man ):, he's a great Frieza

I'm ignorant on the disease though, is it possible for him to recover after the transplants or are they just going to delay the inevitable? ):

munchie64

So I hate to post bad news, but there's something concerning Frieza's current English VA that I think people should know about, especially since Toonami viewers are enjoying his work so much in Super. Christopher Ayres is fantastic as Frieza in my opinion, as good and sometimes better than the Japanese VA. He also seems like a really swell guy all around who genuinely enjoys interacting with fans. That's why I'm really sad to say he's going through some hardships right now...He revealed on his facebook that he's suffering from advanced Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and final stage Emphysema. Apparently he's been in the hospital for the past three months.

So if you can, go wish him well on twitter or facebook, tell him you're enjoying him on Super, keep him in your prayers, and hope life treats him better.
Damn it... hoping for the best for him. He's a great guy.

L Thammy

Oh man ):, he's a great Frieza

I'm ignorant on the disease though, is it possible for him to recover after the transplants or are they just going to delay the inevitable? ):

Just googling it, it seems like the lung transplant may lead to recovery, but you have to keep taking medication to prevent rejection and can't smoke in the best case scenario. I'm not an authority on the matter by any means though.

If a fight doesn't end with someone shirtless, at least one fucked up shoulder, and a messed up eye, then it wasn't hard fought.

4IKdyVL.png

Also I'm not satisfied with a half torn gi, it has to be shirtless.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Does the art gets better? I'm currently watching the Future Trunks arc and it's still ugly as fuck. Some really derpy faces.

Fj0823

Does the art gets better? I'm currently watching the Future Trunks arc and it's still ugly as fuck. Some really derpy faces.

Yes.

But let's get real, DB always have derpy faces here and there

My personal favorites are from the Metal Cooler movie

I like how Ginyu Tagoma is called Captain Colorful by Frieza. There's small stuff I think the dub does well that helped the BoG arc, and seems to be helping RoF.

Also, did Gohan talk about how lack of training was stopping him from going Ultimate in the Japanese version?

Yes he did.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Yes.

But let's get real, DB always have derpy faces here and there

My personal favorites are from the Metal Cooler movie
I was watching the cell juniors vs gohan episode and fuuuuuck the art in that episode was so good.

The Super Saiyan hair coloring is gold as fuck in DBZ.

DBS doesnt look anywhere near that good. :(

I have a ton more from the past few episodes.
I was watching the cell juniors vs gohan episode and fuuuuuck the art in that episode was so good.

The Super Saiyan hair coloring is gold as fuck in DBZ.

DBS doesnt look anywhere near that good. :(

For every great looking episode of Z there were plenty more Uchiyama and Ebisawa episodes.

Skeeter49

Toppo would probably be a good fight for Gohan, since they should be even.

They could pull off Frieza as well.

I think Frieza or Gohan fighting Toppo would be best. Gohan for his shared passion for crime fighting, and Frieza for being more evil than Goku would ever have been even if he didn't hit his head when he landed on earth.

HeroR

For every great looking episode of Z there were plenty more Uchiyama and Ebisawa episodes.

Seriously. It's a little tiring when people take the good art from Z and try to pretend the rest of the show looks that way. That is like me trying to say every episode of Super looks like Episode 57.

And to be frank, the best of Super looks better than the best of Z.

Who else remembers this edge lord opening?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuFd5a_XLhc

ho god, glad i was not from wherever this was aired, so much edge in this! lol

although.... now that i think about it, the one i grew up with was also REAAAAALLLY bad, the french one (it's not edgy, it's.... something)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Egl8byQpMag

fortunately, the japanese openings were already known too, it was included in the OAV here (in french we had DB since the end of the 80s, early 90s)

Tsunamo

Who else remembers this edge lord opening?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuFd5a_XLhc
My one regret in life is buying those DVD sets and having new ones for halfprice comeout not long after anyway.

I'm impressed they had a feature to show each frame (with a nimbus icon on screen) that was a new scene/bit from the Japanese version though in there.

The ending theme was alright even though I prefer Zenkai Power. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7WqkQiHxkA

I think it would be cool if Frieza is torturing someone on the battlefield, and he purposely moves his body so his beam hits a vital spot, causing Frieza to break the "no kill" rule, and then chaos ensues.

HeroR

For those who care, you can read the official translation for Super manga Chapter 25: https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters/digital/dragon-ball-super-chapter-25/5888?read=1

My feelings. This chapter is really weird and I still don't get how the multiplier Merged Zamasus happened after reading several times. I will give it points for having a creepy horror movie vibe.

I have already said my peace of Goku knowing the Destroy technique and I am still mad that Toyo didn't bother clear up the plot hole about why Future Zamasu and Black can used the Time Rings that only a Supreme Kai can used, yet their fusion doesn't last forever before they're not Supreme Kais. I mean, all he had to say is that you just need the earrings to used the Time Rings and that would clear most of it.

Skeeter49

I think it would be cool if Frieza is torturing someone on the battlefield, and he purposely moves his body so his beam hits a vital spot, causing Frieza to break the "no kill" rule, and then chaos ensues.
We all know that when the first body drops Zeno is going to be like, "neat, do more of that."

Slaythe

For those who care, you can read the official translation for Super manga Chapter 25: https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters/digital/dragon-ball-super-chapter-25/5888?read=1

My feelings. This chapter is really weird and I still don't get how the multiplier Merged Zamasus happened after reading several times. I will give it points for having a creepy horror movie vibe.

I have already said my peace of Goku knowing the Destroy technique and I am still mad that Toyo didn't bother clear up the plot hole about why Future Zamasu and Black can used the Time Rings that only a Supreme Kai can used, yet their fusion doesn't last forever before they're not Supreme Kais. I mean, all he had to say is that you just need the earrings to used the Time Rings and that would clear most of it.

Maybe Future Zamasu is a kai ? Without Goku, he might have passed his exam or something.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

Why didn't Old Kai come out of the sword

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom