• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

fertygo

How much worse it can be for boar after Quest Rogue or Dinosize (lol)?

I wish community dont hate burn/burst damage so much tho

Its feel thousand time already devs said they discouraged by the burst damage potential

Sole Burst and burn is fine what not fine if you couple it with overstatted minion like aggro shaman used to had

Blizzard

Banned
This got me to rank 5 this month:

### token evolve
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (1) Bloodsail Corsair
# 2x (1) Evolve
# 2x (1) Fire Fly
# 1x (1) Patches the Pirate
# 1x (2) Devolve
# 2x (2) Flametongue Totem
# 2x (2) Jade Claws
# 2x (2) Maelstrom Portal
# 2x (2) Primalfin Totem
# 1x (3) Hex
# 2x (3) Mana Tide Totem
# 2x (3) Stonehill Defender
# 2x (4) Jade Lightning
# 2x (5) Bloodlust
# 2x (5) Doppelgangster
# 1x (6) Aya Blackpaw
# 2x (6) Thing from Below
#
AAECAfe5AgT+BZG8ApS9Ava9Ag2BBOUH8AeTCfqqAvuqAqC2Aoe8AtG8Avm/ApHBApvCAuvCAgA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Mulligan for 1/2 mana cards, keep devolve/hex against priest/druid, keep Maelstrom portal vs warrior, rogue, druid, shaman.

Don't hesitate to play Corsair on turn 1 even against pirate warrior, the board presence is much more important than the weapon removal. Don't get too greedy with evolve, you can win without the Doppelgangster combo (except against control priest/mage, that's the worst matchup for the deck I think)
Now that I've got the game up and running, my deck is extremely similar to this, but I put 2 hex and 2 devolve. I only have 1 doppelgangster but I could craft another of one of those. Which is more important, or do you have to have both?

I thought 2x devolve and 2x hex was key for the anti-priest strategy but maybe I misunderstood.

then face decks would just go weapon heavy and everyone would go on to the next whine quest of nerfing them. how tf can ppl even joke about moving boar into HOF now that quest rogue got nerfed lmao. at least with boar around the quest is semi playable in wild, i've seen it go pretty nuts since the nerf, still pretty off hinges and probably better than every other quest in wild sans maybe warrior. shaman quest is playable in wild too but its pretty damn gimmicky

The Hearthstone team has outright said that Boar limits design space so obviously they have ideas in mind that they haven't been able to pull the trigger on simply because Boar exists.

Blizzard

Banned
The Hearthstone team has outright said that Boar limits design space so obviously they have ideas in mind that they haven't been able to pull the trigger on simply because Boar exists.
Zombeasts are probably the most obvious example, where the cheap cost and charge nature of stonetusk boar means everyone immediately theorized a bunch of charge minions.

Now that I've got the game up and running, my deck is extremely similar to this, but I put 2 hex and 2 devolve. I only have 1 doppelgangster but I could craft another of one of those. Which is more important, or do you have to have both?

I thought 2x devolve and 2x hex was key for the anti-priest strategy but maybe I misunderstood.

Dopple plus evolve is a pretty key combo. I don't think it's essential though as you can easily evolve a board of tokens.

3-0'd for quest with jade rogue so you know this list is perfect

### Jades
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (0) Backstab
# 1x (1) Patches the Pirate
# 2x (1) Swashburglar
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Eviscerate
# 2x (2) Jade Shuriken
# 2x (2) Jade Swarmer
# 2x (3) Fan of Knives
# 2x (3) Mimic Pod
# 2x (3) Shadow Strike
# 1x (3) Shaku, the Collector
# 2x (3) SI:7 Agent
# 2x (3) Tar Creeper
# 2x (4) Jade Spirit
# 2x (5) Shadowcaster
# 2x (5) Vilespine Slayer
# 1x (6) Aya Blackpaw
#
AAECAaIHBO0FkbwClL0Cyb8CDbQBmwWIB90Isq0C3K8CkrYCz7wC+b0C+r0C/MECgcICysMCAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

wiibomb

Zombeasts are probably the most obvious example, where the cheap cost and charge nature of stonetusk boar means everyone immediately theorized a bunch of charge minions.

Or the rogue quest which apperently boar gave them several headaches because of the cheap charge. I suppose that quest was different because of boar.

Those are just 2 examples of things being more busted by boar, we don't know how many other ideas boar has ruined.

Blizzard

Banned
I just had a game of unlikely odds.

My bottom 10 cards had both bloodlusts and both evolves.

On the flip side, the enemy page played Yogg who cast 1 spell that didn't do anything, and 1 spell that instakilled Yogg. How fortunate.

Q8D3vil

I can imagine, I'm just wondering if 2x dopple and 2x mana tide totem would really make the deck more consistent against priests.
The whole matchup is about baiting priest removals on insignificant minions like mana tide so you can drop flaming totem and do real damage with it.
Always keep thr dopple evolve combo in the opening hand, priest cant deal with it turn 6 unless he have aoe clear. Even then you will probably have remaining miniona.
Dont be afraid to use bloodlust when u have huge board to get him to low health.

I just had an idea for a card.

It starts as a 10 Mana / 10 Damage spell just like Pyroblast, but for every turn it remains in your hand it gets 1 Mana cheaper, but also loses 1 Damage.

I have no idea if this would be any good, or actually broken, but it just popped into my head and seemed like a good concept.

Anyways, back to playing the game.

Fewr

I'd definitely watch. Now that my collection of cards is getting better, after focusing on lock, Hunter and druid I think I'll play some rogue.

pixelish

does anyone know when exactly the x2 quest rewards will end? by the end of this week's brawl or the commencement of the next brawl?

wiibomb

Have any of you experienced repeated queuing up with the same oponent over and over again? I think I've been experiencing that since last week, I end up facing the same user 2 or 3 times every time

Q8D3vil

Have any of you experienced repeated queuing up with the same oponent over and over again? I think I've been experiencing that since last week, I end up facing the same user 2 or 3 times every time
Every other game since launch.
But i live in Middle east so im lucky im getting anyone at all.

Fewr

I get it every once in a while. I mostly play on early Saturday and Sunday mornings (5am onwards) so that's probably the reason.

Don't know if it's because it's a sunday but I'm running into a lot more cunts who BM and rope today, in casual no less. Guess it must be because the schools are out.

EDIT: Just had a Control Mage mirror against some insecure fucker called Privat33r. Even did the whole add to comment Twitch chat emotes then unfriend quickly shtick, the sad bastard.

manhack

I've been playing casual standard and this has been happening literally every new game I play, next one is with the same user. About 1 week ago it started.

I think this make sense because Casual has its own MMR and there are not likely as many people on at the same time with the same MMR.

I very rarely queue the same person in ranked unless I've raced to the low ranks at the start of the season.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Feel so done with Un'goro. The longer it sticks around the more unhappy I am with the expansion. The playstyle of the decks that emerged just lack any finesse. Shaman and Druid just flood the board, and with Shaman you get the horrible cheese factor of Evolve regularly now. It either refreshes the board from being close to cleared or just pushes stuff out of range of being cleared. The Mage decks get to play a pretty strong board with defensive secrets up and can just blast away with damage while ignoring everything going on. Even for Control decks things just don't feel very interesting. The 7+ drop slot area is just horrible value garbage. Curator, Medivh, Drake, N'zoth....none of these cards feel like they require any thought or tough strategic timing. You just plop them down and reap tons of value in the late game. Nothing interesting happens on the board. I hate it.

Hycran

Banned
This brawl let me finish my warlock domination quest

Now my quest is empty feelsgoodman

Having convenient brawls is fun for when you have a golden hero as well. I've got three golden heroes (paladin soon as well) but I hate doing quests in ranked or play mode with them.

Also, what is everyones gold tally? I'm up to 7930 and i'll probably still pre-order packs. 120+ packs will definitely be more than enough to get me started in the new meta.

fertygo

Deck list?
Pretty standard zoolocķ

### Brawl Deck
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Argent Squire
# 2x (1) Flame Imp
# 2x (1) Malchezaar's Imp
# 2x (1) Possessed Villager
# 2x (2) Dark Peddler
# 2x (2) Darkshire Librarian
# 2x (2) Haunted Creeper
# 2x (2) Nerubian Egg
# 2x (2) Succubus
# 2x (3) Imp Gang Boss
# 2x (3) Silverware Golem
# 2x (3) Vicious Fledgling
# 2x (3) Void Terror
# 2x (4) Ravenous Pterrordax
# 2x (5) Doomguard
#
AAEBAf0GAA/QBPcE9QXCCMUJ9Q36DfARzxavrAL2rgLUswK8tgLnwQKfwgIA
#

Quest rogue must have really shook people if stonetusk boar is brought up as HoF material.

Meanwhile, Patches is going to get through its whole cycle without a nerf.

Makes sense.

Dahbomb

Stonetusk Boar has been an issue for dev team for a long time, long before even Caverns Below. It keeps coming up in interviews.

TheMink

Pretty standard zoolocķ

### Brawl Deck
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Argent Squire
# 2x (1) Flame Imp
# 2x (1) Malchezaar's Imp
# 2x (1) Possessed Villager
# 2x (2) Dark Peddler
# 2x (2) Darkshire Librarian
# 2x (2) Haunted Creeper
# 2x (2) Nerubian Egg
# 2x (2) Succubus
# 2x (3) Imp Gang Boss
# 2x (3) Silverware Golem
# 2x (3) Vicious Fledgling
# 2x (3) Void Terror
# 2x (4) Ravenous Pterrordax
# 2x (5) Doomguard
#
AAEBAf0GAA/QBPcE9QXCCMUJ9Q36DfARzxavrAL2rgLUswK8tgLnwQKfwgIA
#

Ty

If stonetusk boar gets HOF'd, patches will be rotating at the same time anyway.

I could see how stonetusk boar might be too good to land a strong buff on. Maybe they have something planned for beast synergy.

Stonetusk Boar has been an issue for dev team for a long time, long before even Caverns Below. It keeps coming up in interviews.

That's fine. They should find issue with the stonetusk boar that gets summoned for zero and has Pirate synergy.

If stonetusk boar gets HOF'd, patches will be rotating at the same time anyway.

I could see how stonetusk boar might be too good to land a strong buff on. Maybe they have something planned for beast synergy.

Yeah, Patches will eventually rotate. It just should have nuked into oblivion months ago.

Fewr

Ah cool. Subscribed.
The first few turns are a proper mirror of each other. I need to get that flower and the preparation cards; without those the deck isn't viable.

Decided to do another with the mic thing off. Actually had a pretty decent miracle rogue turn although I am thrown off by using phone since I normally don't play this way. So I ended up with a full hand which isn't THAT bad, but ended all the same. Could have gone worse if I lost an arcane giant, but I had plenty of steam due to sherazin that I ended up not even playing the arcane giant I drew.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v670zoCY7a8

edit:
Damn, rewatching this I noticed I actually did have enough mana to play van cleef. When I drew the card and saw I only had 2 mana it's because the game was too slow to update to 3. Oh well. It would have been aldored but if no aldor it would have been like a 16/16 lol

Top Bottom