• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Merc_

Getting sick of seeing black men caping for their own dehumanization and expecting others to just let it rock.

Need to build up that self esteem.

I usually just call those spineless cowards out for what they are. Just because they're willing to let white folk walk all over them doesn't mean the rest of us with actual backbones will.

Those PDP threads were something else though. Just a endless line of racists getting themselves banned over and over again.

LotusHD

Banned
*gasps

DJkNz2KVwAEr45I

Get my Samsung 8 tomorrow. Had HTC's for years so going to be weird.

It's Samsung Galaxy S8, Beefy. Damn!!!

Seriously though, I checked them out in store and they look nice, but I'm still not a fan of the curved edge screen. My first smartphone/Android phone was the Galaxy S(a variant of it) I still have it too. I haven't gone back to Samsung since.

Found this really cool video that goes into how The Cosby Show created the black sitcom boom in the 90s, why that era fell off and how likely we are to get another era with about as many black sitcoms as there were then. Not sure if I should make a thread on it. I think it's just mainly people in here who care about this.

Slayven

Found this really cool video that goes into how The Cosby Show created the black sitcom boom in the 90s, why that era fell off and how likely we are to get another era with about as many black sitcoms as there were then. Not sure if I should make a thread on it. I think it's just mainly people in here who care about this.

That was damn good

Young Magus

Getting sick of seeing black men caping for their own dehumanization and expecting others to just let it rock.

Yep

A thread might not be too bad.
Black Sitcoms are loved here on GAF and most (if not everywhere) on the net

Faustek

Morning kin, glad to hear yall safe.
Again, what happened to Waldo? Been mia for a month now :/

Cool as hell.
Anyone know if these bds from HBO are properly done? Or still same crappy quality as the streams?

Didn't care to give it any time after I saw what it was.

Try explaining this to some people. Anyway, nice but sad watch.

Faustek

Holy fuck. After a month of calling, tweeting, Facebooking, IGing, YouTube comments and talking to the different managers I could catch around SFBio(the ones that practically have a monopoly on Cinema in Sweden), Calling SF Studios, calling Universal, Calling Sony Pictures, basically every damn distributor I could think of and asking if they would take in Girls Trip someone finally did it :D
I'm having a laugh at their socialmedia pages. A lot of other people asked for it as well. Some less politely than I but still.

And yes Sweden is...well black movies never really got a chance here. Denzel and Will Smith where basically the only ones you could be sure of would come in a decent time frame but if it was to rich in melanin? Wait for the VHS/disc releases or just jump in on a "private showing" some Uni group was hosting. Boyz n the Hood was one of those few exemptions. Just had to wait 6 months for it which was quick by the early 90s standard. Man I had so many movies I couldn't watch in the cinema I get pissed just thinking back about it.

in my defense, i figured the title alone would've been a clear indicator of how bad it was gonna be

True. I was for some reason actually wondering what anyone would have against Coates. I blame early mornings.

D i Z

Those American Horror Story posters and design stills are starting to nudge my trypophobia. They masterfully pull it back from going just too far.

-----

Speaking of black films/shows (thanks for the reminder Faustek. G'mornin' btw) Season 3 of Blackish is dropping on the 3rd.

Faustek

Nice, finally caught up with season 3 and really looking forward to it ^^
I really didn't think another sitcom would ever catch me but here I am :D

D i Z

Nice, finally caught up with season 3 and really looking forward to it ^^
I really didn't think another sitcom would ever catch me but here I am :D

I was the same way. In fact, I was dead set on not ever watching it because I was just over sitcoms. Been burnt too many times, switched my viewing focus etc. But they got me. Got me good.

Also, dunno what Waldo is up to. I would think taking a Gaf break. Shit was kind of wild about a month back.

Faustek

Yes. Said it before and I'll say it again, from my experience, who's the first one to pick you up? Who's the first have your back? Who's the first one in the front lines to march for us? Who's the last one to leave? Black women and from what I've seen and heard it ain't any different across the pond.
Black women have laid the groundwork and done the heavy jobs to lift us above whatever fucking shit people will call us and we will never be able to repay them for never admitting, realising or thanked them for all the shit they had to take for us.

Will read the other later. Need to go to work.

Peace

D i Z

These cats just do not want to come to terms with their beloved WoW meme got jacked by 4chan and became the basis for the alt right Kekistan. Even with visual evidence and documentation from watch groups laid out before them, they will bend themselves into knots to believe it not so.

Slayven

Holy fuck. After a month of calling, tweeting, Facebooking, IGing, YouTube comments and talking to the different managers I could catch around SFBio(the ones that practically have a monopoly on Cinema in Sweden), Calling SF Studios, calling Universal, Calling Sony Pictures, basically every damn distributor I could think of and asking if they would take in Girls Trip someone finally did it :D
I'm having a laugh at their socialmedia pages. A lot of other people asked for it as well. Some less politely than I but still.

And yes Sweden is...well black movies never really got a chance here. Denzel and Will Smith where basically the only ones you could be sure of would come in a decent time frame but if it was to rich in melanin? Wait for the VHS/disc releases or just jump in on a "private showing" some Uni group was hosting. Boyz n the Hood was one of those few exemptions. Just had to wait 6 months for it which was quick by the early 90s standard. Man I had so many movies I couldn't watch in the cinema I get pissed just thinking back about it.

True. I was for some reason actually wondering what anyone would have against Coates. I blame early mornings.
good to hear

Anyone surprised that Cenj of TYT thought PDP'd apology was good
tyt been trash

Rod on tbgwt been saying the same thing for a whike

This whole thing with PDP and the twitch/youtube "community" just reinforced a notion I already had.

Why the hell is this new industry almost entirely white mid-20's men? Why isn't there ONE streamer of color on the level of a Lirik or them lot?

Not ONE black streamer of serious note that these sites go to for a statement?

Always felt the streaming industry was suspect for that.

Alive. Lots of flooding and down trees. No power for a week minimum. Tree feel inches from the ride. Fucking cellphone towers got damaged so no phone..using a hotspot from a neighbor I met. Stores are like mad Max at times lol..we're safe, just boiling in this fucking heat. Catch y'all later..
Glad to hear your good man.

the phrase "who's mans is this?" has come out of my mouth way too much in the past 48 hours.
Cacpcom stay losing. How you gonna have a worse approach to the Switch than Rockstar?
I really don't get their approach at all. Leaving so much money on the table.

These cats just do not want to come to terms with their beloved WoW meme got jacked by 4chan and became the basis for the alt right Kekistan. Even with visual evidence and documentation from watch groups laid out before them, they will bend themselves into knots to believe it not so.

A lot of people don't want to think, just want universal agreement on "this is bad, this is good."

It's ok to both like and use kek and reminisce on WoW, and acknowledge white supremacists have turned it into something foul. It's the refusal to acknowledge any connection that earns side-eye

hbkdx12

This whole thing with PDP and the twitch/youtube "community" just reinforced a notion I already had.

Why the hell is this new industry almost entirely white mid-20's men? Why isn't there ONE streamer of color on the level of a Lirik or them lot?

yeah the landscape is pretty fucked. I can't think of any notable black youtubers that fall outside of the 2k community and even then they don't make a dent on the radar in the grand scheme of things when leveraged against people who dedicate their channels to the likes of minecraft and counterstrike

The whole gaming industry has that problem. I guess it's because they find white male faces more suitable for advertising. The gaming industry is way more whiter than the rest of entertainment mediums. At least I can name black people in film, music, and TV. In the game industry, crickets.

Edit: Damn, the fuck happened to Lion?

Top Bottom