• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of 2 Pics Per Post AND READ THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
World of Tanks

5438011164_4c710af9e6_o.jpg

5438011326_5356182b81_o.jpg

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Kritz said:
Wet ground shot makes me wish 2W2 had rain / weather effects. :(

I didn't even notice the absence of weather until you mentioned it. Man I bet a thunderstorm would look badass with this games lighting.

Warhead. I'm running it at 1920x1080, everything set to enthusiast, motion blur cranked all the way up, aa set to 16qx and getting between 25 and 35 fps. Works for me.
94f1c2f9495387631d91c3b33b3a6023594f7213.jpg

141e91de762bb5aa7db55f544a616f09701f03e0.jpg

Sinatar

Danne-Danger said:
So World of Tanks, how "simmy" is it? How does it control etc.? It looks interesting.

And Two Worlds 2 is looking HOT.

WoT isn't really simmy at all. WASD controls the tank, mouse controls the turret. There is some locational damage but the tanks die so fast that it never comes to the forefront.

Danne-Danger said:
So World of Tanks, how "simmy" is it? How does it control etc.? It looks interesting.

It's simmy in the way it sticks to historical tanks (that either existed on paper or in the real world), but it controls more like an action game. I think it strikes a nice balance between feeling fun and realistic.

It's in open beta at the moment, so it's worth a download.

Solo

Two Worlds II - DX9 mode (previous shots were DX10....grrrrrrrrr it angers me that the game won't default to DX10, I always forget to right click and select DX10 before launching from Steam).

twoworlds22011-02-1321ishd.png

twoworlds22011-02-1321morl.png

Sinatar

Alrighty, just finished Two Worlds 2, played around a bit in the surprisingly cool multiplayer mode as well.

twoworlds2_dx102011-02yma3.jpg

twoworlds2_dx102011-02mmem.jpg

Baldur's Gate 2

I'd like to add my contribution to the PC Classic love

circuscroppedfbgw.png

torgalsurrounded2croppjhmj.png

The second shot was a reenactment of my biggest gaming moment so far this year. Defeating Torgal!

Also I didn't notice it until just now, but there's something missing in the first shot...

Dizzy-4U

My little tribute to the death of Hudson :(

Beware, some furriness is going on....

Bloody Roar: Primal Fury (Gamecube game emulated on Dolphin)

2thlx.png

13yy4.png

Cdammen

Cdammen said:
That looks great! Might ask what mods you've used and where you got them? Also, does it run in OpenGL mode (so you get the soft fog-of-war / transparency effects)?

I haven't played a good WRPG since Icewind Dale 2. I wish more games used the D20 rules.

I'm using the mods suggested to me in this thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421510

The fog of war doesn't look soft to me, it's dithered. How do you enable OpenGL mode?

Cdammen

Felix Lighter said:
The fog of war doesn't look soft to me, it's dithered. How do you enable OpenGL mode?
I don't have BG2 installed now but I remember that the config had a "Use 3D Acceleration" box, tick that and it should enable OpenGL transparency. I'm not sure though, I haven't played the game in three years so it might be called something else.

Thank you for the link!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom