• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of 2 Pics Per Post AND READ THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
World of Tanks - graphically not that sophisticated, but the tank models look great (and accurate)

5427101597_ce35c25f07_o.jpg

5427705378_2d9d099205_o.jpg

hyelife

Kabouter said:
Always wanted to know, how is the game?
TBH its fun creating your own city and everything but at the same time its boring. I spend 5 hours building a citie and once everything was progressing nicely, I felt like there was really nothing to do in the game but repeat the same process.
Graphics are nice and I started to notice some lag on my GTX 570 after the buildings started to sprout.
If you liked Sim City then you would feel like this game is an upgrade and a downgrade (so far no aliens).

While Two Worlds is technically impressive, there's something about the art I don't like. It looks a bit.. generic?

I found the game itself dull, though, so maybe that contributes towards my feelings.

Roche

Some Crysis Warhead
Done to death I know :)

I thought the explosion effect here was cool

Me and my buddy checking out the view

Roche

DennisK4 said:
Love the bird

It looks bad in a still image, but it's incredibly cute twitching around in game. Shortly after that picture was taken the bird was unfortunately thrown from a large height. :(

Rufus

Roche178 said:
It looks bad in a still image, but it's incredibly cute twitching around in game. Shortly after that picture was taken the bird was unfortunately thrown from a large height. :(
You took its wings, too? You monster!

dLMN8R

Will you assholes please stop posting pictures of Crysis? I have a backlog to attend to here, I can't keep getting tempted like this!

Solo

Dennis, perhaps you can assist me - any idea why roughly half the time I launch TW2, Steam asks me if I want to play TW2, or if I want to play TW2 DX10 mode, and when it elects not to ask, it defaults to DX9 mode? Frustrating as shit. Surely there is a way to make it default to DX10. Also, what mods/tweaks are you running? The water in your shot is certainly not vanilla water, at least none Ive seen yet.

Anyways,

Two Worlds II

twoworlds22011-02-0820oqxv.png

twoworlds22011-02-0821aqxi.png

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Solo said:
Dennis, perhaps you can assist me - any idea why roughly half the time I launch TW2, Steam asks me if I want to play TW2, or if I want to play TW2 DX10 mode, and when it elects not to ask, it defaults to DX9 mode? Frustrating as shit. Surely there is a way to make it default to DX10. Also, what mods/tweaks are you running? The water in your shot is certainly not vanilla water, at least none Ive seen yet.

You can right click it in steam and pick DX10 that way, but after that small patch last week it's popped up for me every time on double click.

As for the water, that's just the way that river looks on the tutorial island.

Blizzard

Banned
Stallion Free said:
Because I have a bunch of other games to play, but oh well I broke down and bought it.
Steam wins, FATALITY. :D

Besides, you need a bunch of games in your backlog to tide you over until the summer sale!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Eaten By A Grue said:
Is that Vanilla JK:II or has a mod been applied? That looks really good for how old it is.
Look like vanilla to me. JK2 and Academy can look quite pleasant still, but you will still hit those levels (anything with nature) that aged horribly.

Pikelet

Stallion Free said:
Look like vanilla to me. JK2 and Academy can look quite pleasant still, but you will still hit those levels (anything with nature) that aged horribly.

Yeah at the time i remember JK2 looking and running really well on my shitty Pentium 4 or so PC. Quake 3 engine, yes?

Sethos

Banned
Hey, lastplayed, thanks for posting those World of Tanks screenshots. Looked up the game and tried the Open Beta and what a game! It's so fun to play, right up my alley - Fantastic game.

Solo

Sinatar said:
You can right click it in steam and pick DX10 that way, but after that small patch last week it's popped up for me every time on double click.

As for the water, that's just the way that river looks on the tutorial island.

Excellent. Thanks for the help on both issues!

Game is awesome, by the way. I wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone sitting on the fence.

Sethos said:
Hey, lastplayed, thanks for posting those World of Tanks screenshots. Looked up the game and tried the Open Beta and what a game! It's so fun to play, right up my alley - Fantastic game.

Nice!

x3sphere

Eaten By A Grue said:
Is that Vanilla JK:II or has a mod been applied? That looks really good for how old it is.

No mods, just running at max in-game settings and 8XSSAA. It's aged better than I expected.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Union Carbine said:
Nice shots of TDU but do people not exist outside of cars in that game? It looks like you're driving around in the Twilight Zone.

I haven't played the second but I seem to remember the first being that way. I guess they don't want to turn it into Carmageddon.

x3sphere said:
No mods, just running at max in-game settings and 8XSSAA. It's aged better than I expected.

Games from that era often still look alright, it's the days before they started normal mapping the shit out of everything and instead just had to rely on clean high res textures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom