• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom releases Resident Evil Revelations demo on Japanese eShop (video inside)

jufonuk

not tag worthy
what size is the demo? if I have the 2GB card with all the Ambassador Games on plus a few others will i be ok?

just peparing for when NoE bring the goods

how is port begging such a problem? It's only a problem because of people whining about it being a problem. it's usually only a handful of people responding to port begging posts. The rest of us can respect it like "oh, that sucks that guy doesn't have the system, but maybe it will go to his system of choice one day."

but no, apparently it's a real big deal if someone without the system you own gets to deflower the game as well and thus it is no longer pure...or some shit like that.

Check the Epic Mickey thread. I don't know if it's still the same but I'd say a good 50% of the people in that thread were banned for port begging. It's usually bannable

It looks great hopefully Capcom hurries up and releases the demo over here. Glad that it's releasing so soon.
how is port begging such a problem? It's only a problem because of people whining about it being a problem. it's usually only a handful of people responding to port begging posts. The rest of us can respect it like "oh, that sucks that guy doesn't have the system, but maybe it will go to his system of choice one day."

but no, apparently it's a real big deal if someone without the system you own gets to deflower the game as well and thus it is no longer pure...or some shit like that.

It's a problem and was a bannable offense long ago because it completely derails topics and prevents inteligent discussion because you are discussing wanting it on another console. If you're interested in the game talk about the game. If you want the game then buy it where it is releasing or move on. In the past it wasn't that big of a deal but when Epic Mickey, DQX and other titles were anounced as exclusively to Wii and RE5 exclusively to 360/PS3 it became a big problem which is why it became a bannable offense. I think it's stupid on both ends. The people who say it and the people who get riled up by it. Saying something is safe to assume, even Capcom, just becomes annoying because just about every Revelations topic gets ran down by people presuming that it will be ported so they will wait later. I personally enjoy discussing the game and would like to but when someone walks in here and drops a pointless, off topic post that ruins the entire thread it becomes frustrating.

Zenaku

The demo is just under 150MB.

Just went back in with the slide pad. Seems I forgot the controls; it's actually zL and zR for aim mode and shooting respectively. R is sub weapon.

Keeping aim mode on and playing as an FPS is doable, but it's limited to walking speed and you can't pick up items or open doors while aiming. In a room full of ooze, or if you're heading down a corridor believing something will pop out, you'll have no problem going into aim mode and playing it as an FPS; besides the walking pace aiming is fast and simple.

Not sure if that's what you were asking.

I gave aiming with the gyro a try and found it rather easy too; it has a good area range without you losing the 3D sweet spot.

I enjoyed the demo but I think I'll hold out for the inevitable Mac App Store port.

In all seriousness it's a great demo. I wasn't really interested in the game, Resi as a series kind of lost me after 3 or so, but I tried the demo on a whim and it really piqued my interest. The game looks beautiful and I really enjoyed playing it. The donglepad bundle strikes me as kind of odd now, in that the game seems perfectly fine without it.

The scanner thing struck me as a bit out-of-place, but I kind of liked it. I like how it replaces your weapon, so you feel vulnerable using it. I have, of course, nearly got myself skilled by attempting to scan an enemy instead of shooting it.

Only thing that really struck me as a negative was that the sound effect for when you're turning around is ridiculous, and I constantly thought it was the squelching of some lurking monster. And some of the textures were a bit gross close-up, like the wooden panelling on cabinets and doors and stuff.

ss_lemonade

Wow, the demo included with re mercs didn't really pique my interest but this new one looks awesome. Love that they have the 3rd person aiming option in

Is this the same demo as the one included with Resi Mercenaries?
If you watched the video posted, you'll know it isn't

Watched the playthroughs, one can just wonder what was the enemy designer thinking. Worst damn enemies ever, they look like placeholder models but I guess not.

That and the beyond-awful-but-not-campy voice acting aside this looks awesome, next AAA title on 3DS for sure.

I want it next week or the week after that... any closer to the actual release seems pointless to me. Really disappointed in NOA/NOE and Capcom here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8f-2yoTfHQ

Generic German videogame voice acting. Nothing spectacular.

Holy shit Jill's castillian spanish voice blows out of the water even the english one!
FUCK YEAH! I knew we were going to be the european country with the good dub!n I hope the rest of the voices are as good.

She is Mar Bordallo, that usually dubs jeniffer Love Hewitt here, she has a great voice.

I hope Alfonso Valles is also in th¡s, like in Star Fox 64 3DS.

EDIT: HOLY FUCK! Is confirmed that Chris' voice in spanish is the same actor as Ezio from assassins creed, Luis Reina. I fucking love that voice actor.

Its so sad that the majority of negative votes and insultin posts in that video are from south americans. :(

Top Bottom