• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake's American Nightmare , New Trailer [Up: 11 Minutes Gameplay, Screens, Info]

After the disappointing story in the first AW and repetitive combat i can't see a real improvement here, just more action oriented. I will probably pass unless the demo is awesome. Lighting looks great though, hopefully will come with better IQ and no tearing this time.

I suggest another hobby.

tzare

You are a fucking troll, everything you post about the 360 is negative and no matter what any Sony product or company does you are there to cheer it on. A simple read through your post history will prove that.

There have always been loser trolls on GAf but after AngelSoldier, it's pretty clear that there are some serious losers out there who create accounts purely to troll shit, pretty sure you are one of those.

Looking forward to you explaining how you aren't a troll, the fact that you can describe a game being repetitive despite being willing to buy a PS2 game on both PS3 and Vita proves your account is fucking waste. Repeating the same shit only matters when it's not on a Sony platform, right?

lol. so not enjoying a game is being a troll now. Interesting. I do not have to explain anything, if i enjoy a game i may buy it for several systems i own. Like MGS series, or like SSFIV or like Dead Space which i find it miles better than AW as horror game, and own on both ps360.

I suggest another hobby.
why? i like games, i just dind't enjoy AW very much. DO i have to apologize for that?

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
You are a fucking troll, everything you post about the 360 is negative and no matter what any Sony product or company does you are there to cheer it on. A simple read through your post history will prove that.

There have always been loser trolls on GAf but after AngelSoldier, it's pretty clear that there are some serious losers out there who create accounts purely to troll shit, pretty sure you are one of those.

Looking forward to you explaining how you aren't a troll, the fact that you can describe a game being repetitive despite being willing to buy a PS2 game on both PS3 and Vita proves your account is fucking waste. Repeating the same shit only matters when it's not on a Sony platform, right?
wtf?

Zoibie

Do we have any info on the sort of mission structure present in the story mode? I know it's an open world but if it's just 5 hours of point A to point B and shooting guys, it'll be as boring as the first one was during the latter half of the game.

Ataturk

Another Day One buy. Only shame is the five-hour story.
Shame? Five hour campaign? Jesus, Max Payne 2 was barely over 5 hours.

There was me thinking this was just some arcade mode thingy, exactly what I didn't want from Alan Wake. Sign me up for this, though.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Just saw the OXM review for this. They mention some of the things you"ll find in the Arizona setting (sounds amazing):

Alien sightings, a time altering cave and ghost towns

That's exactly the type of stuff I wanna see in a psychological/horror thriller like AW.

desertdroog

Just saw the OXM review for this. They mention some of the things you"ll find in the Arizona setting (sounds amazing):

That's exactly the type of stuff I wanna see in a psychological/horror thriller like AW.

As a resident of Arizona, I can account for two of those three.

And I am not telling you WHICH!

Satchel

Banned
lol. so not enjoying a game is being a troll now. Interesting. I do not have to explain anything, if i enjoy a game i may buy it for several systems i own. Like MGS series, or like SSFIV or like Dead Space which i find it miles better than AW as horror game, and own on both ps360.

why? i like games, i just dind't enjoy AW very much. DO i have to apologize for that?

He actually has a point.

Any time I've seen you post, you're either ripping on something to do with MS or defending Sony.

You need to be more subtle.

Fuck yes.

As a resident of Arizona, I can account for two of those three.

And I am not telling you WHICH!

You have to!

:O

EXCITE

desertdroog

As a disclaimer there may or may not have been peyote involved as offered as a sacrament by my Dine' (Navajo) friend on the reservation.

derFeef

OT's for xbla games can go up a week before rlease, right? It will be a smaller one of course, but still a coole one :)

Should I go for the straight OT name? That ocean tease is really something worth mentioning I think

shinnn

They need to fix his eyes at 1:10.. it's scary lol.

Are they using the new facial animation in AN? Looks the same.

OT's for xbla games can go up a week before rlease, right? It will be a smaller one of course, but still a coole one :)

Should I go for the straight OT name? That ocean tease is really something worth mentioning I think

Alan Wake: American Nightmare |OT| Not a lake, an ocean. In the desert.

Maybe not the catchiest title... you could use Lake's straight out tweet.

Petrichor

The game looks fun, but man, do the developers even know what's going on with the Alan Wake story? It's like they've tried to out-Lynch a David Lynch narrative and just ended up with a complete mess.

S1kkZ

The game looks fun, but man, do the developers even know what's going on with the Alan Wake story? It's like they've tried to out-Lynch a David Lynch narrative and just ended up with a complete mess.

story is fine and its perfectly possible to understand out what is going on.

demonicmurry

Neo Member
Anyone else impressed with the developer diaries and latest advertisement for American Nightmare? Seems like Remedy is having a lot of fun. If Alan Wake was initially successful it would have been neat to see a full ARG campaign for this one following the exploits of Mr. Scratch.

Mr. Scratch Trailer
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/mr-scratch-alan-wake/726748
Dev Diary 1
http://www.youtube.com/embed/g3zHyNLtXQU
Dev Diary 2
http://www.youtube.com/embed/etEbQICcWOc

I love all the stuff happening in the background and how Mr. Scratch takes the place of Ozz and Sam Lake in the interviews.

Dabanton

Switched off after 20 secs, but man did it look good. :D

Media blackout in operation. Lol at that Mr Scratch trailer though.

Jtrizzy

if anyone is interested, there is a 15 minute walkthrough of Alan Wake pc with everything maxed out. It shows the graphics options, which had somethings I hadn't really seen before. Adjustable god rays?

SteeloDMZ

Banned
The Official Alan Wake American Nightmare Thread of Mr. Scratch Ballin' Uncontrollably

(that should be the title)

iet0Me2mvc84C.gif

iGtsG31otPwaE.gif

UraMallas

I am wondering if this can be played without first finishing the original Alan Wake. It sounds like a side quest but does it take place after the original?

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I am wondering if this can be played without first finishing the original Alan Wake. It sounds like a side quest but does it take place after the original?

I think it would help if you played AW so you can understand the context of this game and who the hell is Mr. Scratch.

You can find AW for pretty cheap now, it's not too long and is definitely worth playing.

I think it would help if you played AW so you can understand the context of this game and who the hell is Mr. Scratch.

You can find AW for pretty cheap now, it's not too long and is definitely worth playing.

And it's out on PC on the 16th if you want to play it there.

Top Bottom