• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Siliconera Rumor: Details of New Eidos Montreal Game Leaked

Pooya

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/05/1...xplorer-searching-for-a-way-to-save-his-love/

it's pretty long. and spoilers?

A source leaked details about an upcoming title from Eidos Montreal to Siliconera. This upcoming game has three main characters and the player takes control of a 30 year old explorer.

The lead character is in love with "Nova," which started out as an infatuation. His feelings developed into a sense of responsibility for Nova and the Hero wants to save her. To do so, he needs to find an "architect" who the Hero believes knows how to save Nova.

[.......................]

Our source provided a few other details about the game. The Hero uses a sword and shield, and the Hero is troubled by his past. A series of failures chipped away at the Hero’s confidence and he hopes that saving Nova will be a way for him to prove himself. The center of his doubts comes from his brother and the Hero interactions with him. Exhausted and frustrated from traveling for a long time, the Hero is described as a bit "jaded." He wants to see proof that the "architect" is there and that he will be able to save Nova. The Hero is called a "navigator" in this world and our source says he does not realize his own power.

When asked about platforms, our source wouldn’t give us a clear answer only saying information will be announced in the not so distant future.

Inception: The Game

or maybe

25908000-25908066-large.jpg

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
i guess that means next-gen for a HR sequel, not sure how i feel about that.

You should feel great about it, it would lead to a more realized world that more closely matches concept art and other things that HR drew inspiration from like Blade Runner. Plus better graphics

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The description is weird. Character ages and concepts (warrior, mercenary, etc) sound grounded, but then you have a character named 'Nova', and lines like "And what makes you so sure he’ll be here? The Architect could be anywhere in the Nebula."

Fantasy? Sci-fi? El Shaddai-like weird fucked up shit?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Why are videogame stories so terrible.

Joe loves Jenny who is a super powerful witch but with the crystal of time can open a gate to the past. Jenny is very prideful but gives a hint of love at times, especially towards her younger sister. Joe uses knives to fight, he summons them at will and levitates them fast towards opponents. Jenny has magic spells like Elements, Super Death, and a Life spell which may hold the key to humanity's salvation. She wears a jean mini skirt and a cute tank top. Joe wears bandages all over his burnt face and is cold and callous. He used to be handsome, and Jenny's pride resonates with how he used to behave like.

Deus Ex 3 at least had some inspired ideas, but I guess that was all from the source material :\

gabbo

The description is weird. Character ages and concepts (warrior, mercenary, etc) sound grounded, but then you have a character named 'Nova', and lines like "And what makes you so sure he’ll be here? The Architect could be anywhere in the Nebula."

Fantasy? Sci-fi? El Shaddai-like weird fucked up shit?

The weird description has me interested. Sword and sandals in space perhaps?
I have some faith in them regardless of which team at Eidos Montreal this is.

You should feel great about it, it would lead to a more realized world that more closely matches concept art and other things that HR drew inspiration from like Blade Runner. Plus better graphics

True, but it would also mean like 2-3 years from now. I guess it would be worth the wait tho.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Nova, new, stats class still fresh in mind. The game has to do with Anova and Nova bearing distinct celestial beings, while quantum physics is relaying their entire universe. There's also several sequences of time travel. Everything relies on equations, and depending on the source of error or calculation, things can be created, decimated, and modified. Time can also be annulled, history is not a sure thing, memory is not a problem for them as they are the 'manipulators' of heavenly descent. Anova is very strict, she does not allow for mediocrity.

ANOVA and t is given by F = t2

That's what I got from reading about the characters, and this sci-fi feeling.

I can make compelling games! :)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Haha this sounds like the description of some kind of generic parody game.

Hopefully the actual product is more inspiring.

Edit:

Oh god I just read the full description. Was this seriously pitched as a parody?

There are at least three different teams at Eidos Montreal, which share no one between them: the DX:HR team. the Thief 4 team, and a team working on a completely new IP (this, apparently).
Deus Ex has been finished for a while, it could be those people. Also could just be small pre-production team while the rest work on Thief.

Trigger

To be charitable, a lot of games would probably sound terrible if you boiled their premises down that much. I want to know more about what genre we're talking about and gameplay.

Top Bottom