• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Randy Pitchford: Wii U Aliens Colonial Marines is best looking version

Smellycat

http://www.gamespot.com/aliens-colo...rines-interview-with-randy-pitchford-6377485/

The game looks pretty good, and the Wii U bit starts at 7:24

He said that the Wii U version is the best looking version, and that the controller is amazing for shooters. He also stated that Gearbox wouldn't have made Wii U version if the system didn't have a good online structure. He also reiterated that the Wii U IS a next gen system and that it is a powerful machine.

added BY2K summary:

Gearbox President Randy Pitchford speaks at length about the conception of Aliens: Colonial Marines, working with Ridley Scott, Asymmetrical competitive multiplayer and why the Wii-U version of the game is going to be the best-looking.

- Wants to remain faithful to the Alien franchise.
- Working with Ridley Scott.
- Competitive Multiplayer.
- Wii U's Controller is the Best Shooter Controller from Nintendo yet.
- The Wii U IS a next-gen system.
- It's a very powerful system. More so than 360/PS3.
- They wouldn't be making this game for the system if it didn't offer a competitive online infrastructure.
- The Wii U version is the best looking console version.

BY2K

Membero Americo
You stole my thread!

Video here.

Gearbox President Randy Pitchford speaks at length about the conception of Aliens: Colonial Marines, working with Ridley Scott, Asymmetrical competitive multiplayer and why the Wii-U version of the game is going to be the best-looking.

- They wouldn't be making this game for the system if it didn't offer a competitive online infrastructure.

Seriously, you should add that to the OP.

Izick

Forget the graphics, the motion tracking in the Wii U pad is the most interesting part of this whole thing; that and he says the controller feels great.

After seeing the footage they have released for current consoles I can believe that.
Not to mention how the other consoles were built quite a while ago now!

If developers can't put out games on the Wii U that look better than on 360 then I would be shocked.

kunonabi

I just hope we can still dock the controller on the Zapper. I want the motion tracking but I really don't want to use dual analog controls for it.

Smellycat

You stole my thread!

Video here.

Seriously, you should add that to the OP.

haha, sorry. It looked like no wanted to make the thread, so I decided to set GAF on fire.

teiresias

"Best controller for FPS . . . from Nintendo"

Damning with faint praise, indeed, and how exactly is the Wii-U being more powerful than 360/PS3 news?

Terrell

After seeing the footage they have released for current consoles I can believe that.
Not to mention how the other consoles were built quite a while ago now!

If developers can't put out games on the Wii U that look better than on 360 then I would be shocked.

You don't read a lot of GAF do you? Cuz that's pretty much what almost EVERYONE has expected from EVERY Wii U game: barely better than current-gen platforms.

hahahaha at people all of a sudden expecting nothing less than Wii U games to look better.

When confronted by evidence, go with it but tempered!!!

I just hope all versions are good as they all seem more or less the same.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member

Damning with faint praise, indeed, and how exactly is the Wii-U being more powerful than 360/PS3 news?
Given that the Wii-mote was awesome for shooters and second to M/KB, is high praise :)

Truth101

Banned

A lot of people seem to think the Wii U is barely on par with the PS360.

Though when devs say it is a next Gen leap the same people will say, " I mean the PS360 are 6 years old."

Fantastical

Death Prophet

A lot of people believe 3rd parties aren't going to make their multiplats look any better on Wii U whether they are right or not.

USC-fan

Banned
You don't read a lot of GAF do you? Cuz that's pretty much what almost EVERYONE has expected from EVERY Wii U game: barely better than current-gen platforms.

I don't think anyone really think its weaker than the ps360, that is just silly.

I hope its at least some kind of jump, not just a little better.

teiresias

Given that the Wii-mote was awesome for shooters and second to M/KB, is high praise :)

I dunno, I loved the Wiimote for Metroid Prime Trilogy obviously, but the game obviously had to be built with it in mind - ie. the gun had to move within the frame. It seems pretty obvious he's talking about a controller for a typical FPS setup where the gun is static in the frame.

Also, the "obviously its more powerful" is . . . well . . . obvious. Whether it's powerful enough to make it worthwhile for someone that's invested in the current HD twins to make the jump rather than wait on MS and/or Sony is another question - particularly if they're wary of the software library not being to their tastes given the Wii's history.

I've been playing alot more PC and retro games lately, so this whole wacky next-gen transition (or lack of) isn't really affecting me either way. Even if the PS360 are a year or more away, at least PC versions of games may now get better assets based off the Wii-U builds rather than being held back by the PS360 assets.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
A lot of people believe 3rd parties aren't going to make their multiplats look any better on Wii U whether they are right or not.

Seems a bit silly for people to assume that, even though history has shown that the best looking games on Nintendo consoles and handhelds are derived from Nintendo (and certain developers with close relations to the company) themselves.

Threi

notag
unless the screen is used in some funky insane way i highly doubt the controller is better than Wiimote+Nunchuk for FPS...

but the article was probably written for those who love dual analog shooters despite the control scheme being inherently inferior, so yay!

Top Bottom