• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Randy Pitchford: Wii U Aliens Colonial Marines is best looking version

Seeing as his the Wii U will have multiple MMOs, day and day digital versions of retail titles, and videos chat. It would shock me if the online infrastructure wasn't good. That is just me though.

I have no idea, I'm just joking about Pitchford's judgment when it comes to online services.

PetrCobra

Has a modern game ever looked worse on the PC? Consoles always have a barrier of power that the game must kneel to, while the potential for PC's are nearly limitless in comparison.

I think the last time a console was clearly more powerful than PC was in the beginning of Playstation era.

I remember Dreamcast being as powerful as PCs with soon-to-be-released parts, Shenmue for example looked better than anything on the PC. But this was over quickly and I don't think 360 and PS3 were more powerful than PCs at the time when they ere released.

Orayn

I dunno, guys, those anonymous sources who claimed it was weaker in goofy, inaccurate terminology seem more credible to me. Let's go with them and ignore any news to the contrary.

Cipherr

I don't think anyone really think its weaker than the ps360, that is just silly.

Well this is different. Ive read a lot of threads and a LOT of people have been pushing the opposite of this. Now that a developer confirms it this way though, now all of a sudden everyone knew and expected it.

/shrug.

Back to Diablo 3.

Robot Pants

I didn't watch the video, and nothing in the OP suggested he was referring to the best "console" version. So ok, yea I can see it being the best console version. I just thought they were crazy saying it's better than the PC version will be.
But honestly, a game coming out on a next-gen system compared to the current gen system damn well BETTER look the best. This isn't a whole lot to gloat about, and does nothing to prove that the WiiU will be anything great.

GopherD

A named developer praising any system before release is as useless as an unnamed developer throwing shit at it. These comments are usually nothing more than PR, sanctioned by the console maker. Wait for release people.

Orayn

It's not bad reasoning. Every one of their consoles since after the N64 has been weak relative to what came out at the time.

To be fair, the Gamecube was quite a bit more powerful than the PS2 and the GBA didn't really have any competition when it came out.

A named developer praising any system before release is as useless as an unnamed developer throwing shit at it. These comments are usually nothing more than PR, sanctioned by the console maker. Wait for release people.

Why give them equal weight? If you want to talk PR, talk about how developers danced around the Wii's lack of power. This, on the other hand, is straightforward.

I didn't read the article, and nothing in the OP suggested he was referring to the best "console" version. So ok, yea I can see it being the best console version. I just thought they were crazy saying it's better than the PC version will be.

Seriously, how could it be better looking than the PC version???

It's common sense that if the same amount of time and care is put in each version that the PC version will look better.

USC-fan

Banned
Well this is different. Ive read a lot of threads and a LOT of people have been pushing the opposite of this. Now that a developer confirms it this way though, now all of a sudden everyone knew and expected it.

/shrug.

Back to Diablo 3.

What threads? I try to follow the wiiu thread even if most of it is nonsense and worthless posts. The insider have all been saying its Xbox 360 +.

They told you it has at least 1 GB ram, at least..... That is double the ram. More modern gpu., we know that. Those are pretty much facts.

Rich!

It's not bad reasoning. Every one of their consoles since after the N64 has been weak relative to what came out at the time.

lol

So right, only the Gamecube and Wii then? Even though the Gamecube was far more powerful than the PS2 at the time, and was only slightly outclassed by the OG XBOX?

Right, just the Wii then. Glad we worked that one out.

J@hranimo

Banned
Some good words from Randy Pitchford. Best FPS controller from Nintendo? Bold words indeed, but probably not hard to believe.

18 Days remain.....

Azure J

This thread is already amazing. That being said, I hope this is the first in a long series of subtle leaks/comments on what it's shaping up to be going towards E3, I'm fucking thirsty for new news on U.

Rich!

Compared to the Xbox, which came out the same year, certainly.

Only it wasn't. Seriously. The gap between the two was no different to the gap between the PS3/360. The only difference is that the PS2 was far less behind than the Wii currently is in terms of power.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Doubt it! One of the housers said PS3 version of GTA4 was his favorite. Big conspiracy to push Wii U in the liberal media.

Yes. This game would actually be perfect with the controller on the Wii U. Tracking the aliens via the controller is going to be sweet.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Sounds like SEGA and Nintendo are close on this one.

salpa

Banned
Dev makes a comment that the Wii U is more capable than PS360: "Well, duh! The other consoles are 7 years old!"

Dev makes a comment that the Wii U is on par or even less capable than PS360: "I knew it! This is Nintendo after all!"

Specifically named president of a company makes a comment about the Wii U: "Who's gonna believe him? lol"

Anonymous sources make comments on the Wii U: "These guys obviously know what they are talking about."

Anonymous sources use funky and amateur language when describing certain technical processes: "Maybe he does not understand English well, despite the above-average sentence structure and use of every other word in the language"

Makes me wonder sometimes...

Orayn

Sounds like SEGA and Nintendo are close on this one.

I like this relationship a lot.

Er, the N64 was the underpowered one compared to the Playstation and the Dreamcast. The Gamecube was actually quite powerful.

N64 even had advantages over the PlayStation in some major areas and could positively run circles around it when the devs knew what they were doing. (See Rare and Factor 5) It was the storage medium and huge amounts of third party love that really gave PSX the edge.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I really like what he's saying about pacing and not having it be all out action.

EDIT: Hmm, I stand corrected. I never played much PSX and was under the impression it was more powerful then it was.

Rich!

Er, the N64 was the underpowered one compared to the Playstation and the Dreamcast. The Gamecube was actually quite powerful.

What?

The N64 was FAR more powerful than the PS1 in every single way. Could you get Goldeneye/Perfect Dark/Zelda/Conker on a PS1? Aside from them obviously being Nintendo properties, the PS1 just wouldnt have been able to.

And the Dreamcast was the gen after, obviously. Not to be compared with the N64.

NBtoaster

Only it wasn't. Seriously. The gap between the two was no different to the gap between the PS3/360. The only difference is that the PS2 was far less behind than the Wii currently is in terms of power.

The gap was big enough that even the Wii with double the ram and clock speeds of the Gamecube can't match the Xbox in a few areas.

Top Bottom