• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom: New Mega Man game in development [DENIED]

Tuck

Personally, I'd like a 3D Megaman game.

So pretty much, Ratchet and Clank with Megaman. And also more platforming.

Pikma

Banned
Well, I won't believe it 'til I see it, that they greenlit a Mega Man game doesn't mean they'll release it.

massoluk

Banned
Well, I won't believe it 'til I see it, that they greenlit a Mega Man game doesn't mean they'll release it.

I won't believe it even if they announce prototype demo for sale to gauge interest with exclusive footage of said demo on a tv show.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Where are they from then? That boss is Crush Crawfish from MMX3 but MMX3 doesn't look like that at all.

People on the internet draw things and then take pictures of them. Its a novel concept that started in say 1998.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
mouuu_zpsff436d8a.gif

can't get fooled again

Myriadis

How many Megaman games were actually cancelled? I know ony one game, and that's Legends 3, but otherwise they released over 40 games with their cash cow. Why are people assuming that this, too, will get cancelled?

Zomba13

Oh boy, I am looking forward to this!

*One year later*

Cancelled.jpg

Exactly this.
I look forward to the news of cancellation because this game will not release.

How many Megaman games were actually cancelled? I know ony one game, and that's Legends 3, but otherwise they released over 40 games with their cash cow. Why are people assuming that this, too, will get cancelled?

Legends 3, Universe, The MMO, Western Xover release (or so I read).

Every 'recent' announced MegaMan game has been cancelled.

SykoTech

A shame it has come to this, but these days I just can't get excited about a new Mega Man until I know what it is. And even if it turns out to be an appealing game, I can't get too hyped without some assurance Capcom won't cancel it.

Change my tune, Capcom.

Personally, I'd like a 3D Megaman game.

So pretty much, Ratchet and Clank with Megaman. And also more platforming.

This would be the best outcome. Not holding my breath though.

Azure J

It's called MMX7-8. One is terrible, the other okish.

I'd hope that with all of Capcom's internal teams and their 10 years of experience after Megaman X-sequel-that-never-happened and X8, they'd have gotten grips on how to design a 3D jump n shoot. If not, give it to someone who can. (That's if they're even doing this.)

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I'd be happy with the "new Mega Man game" being the finished Legends 3 demo that we never got.

Myriadis

Legends 3, Universe, The MMO, Western Xover release (or so I read).

Every 'recent' announced MegaMan game has been cancelled.

Oh, so that MMO also got cancelled? Seems like it's really reasonable to worry about that one.
Edit: Oh, and that one was fast :p

duckroll

Brett Elston just said on the DuckTales stream that he doesn't know how news got out that a new Megaman game is on the way, and that it is NOT what he said.

kassatsu

Banned
Someone on the Capcom livestream just said they didn't say this and they have no clue where it is coming from.

Games Journalism?

Meelow

Banned
Brett Elston just said on the DuckTales stream that he doesn't know how news got out that a new Megaman game is on the way, and that it is NOT what he said.

Cancelled before even officially announced!

Just joking, still sad news though

Top Bottom