• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ex-Bizarre staff working on UE3 powered Jacob Jones & the Bigfoot Mystery on Vita

Takao

Banned
Teaser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a13eDbaLTEY

heR8mnh.jpg

Greetings PlayStation Blog. Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery is an episodic adventure brimming with weird and wonderful characters and a host of brain teasing puzzles. We’re delighted to show you some screens from the game, and give you some insight into the world of Jacob Jones.

So firstly, the polite thing to do would be to introduce you to our hero, although he’s a slightly younger hero than you may be used to. Without further ado, meet Jacob Jones, the latest arrival at Camp Eagle Feather, the newest and best Summer Camp.

CcpsJLb.jpg

Now Jacob isn’t one to mix with other kids – he prefers the great outdoors and the company of his parents, so spending his summer with a load of weird kids at Summer Camp isn’t exactly his idea of fun. However, when he stumbles upon the mysterious Bigfoot, his summer takes on a whole new twist.

enmef0J.jpg

Developed using the powerful Unreal Engine 3, it has a charming visual style and a artistically unique world which is inhabited by vinyl toy characters. Coupled with this we have all of the technical bells and whistles you would expect to find on a cutting edge PlayStation Vita title.

XeSUNqr.jpg

Since the PS Vita system was announced we firmly believed that developing a casual and accessible title, whilst using the latest technology, would allow us to create beautifully imagined worlds that sit perfectly on the PS Vita system’s gorgeous screen.

By working with some of the world’s best puzzle creators, as well as the BAFTA nominated writer George Poles, we feel that we have surrounded the talented team at Lucid with true experts in their field, and created a truly beautiful and unique world for you to explore.

1eVSWPe.jpg

Look out for more from Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery in the coming weeks as we delve deeper into the background of the main characters, reveal a little about what’s going on at Camp Eagle Feather, and also reveal how some of the fiendish puzzles were constructed. Stay tuned!

PlayStation Blog

There's a seemingly official Twitter page that lists it for iOS as well, but I couldn't fit "iOS(?)" in the title.

I wanted to fit in UE3 because the game's definitely not what you expect when you mention that engine.

Thats fair enough, suppose your right. Devs have defoes moved away from the 'UE look' that was so painful in the early side of this past gen. Good sign for UE4 I hope.

It is interesting that this is another colourful, family friendly game for the Vita.
I kind of like the trend if it ever becomes one.

Looks bad, especially that Bigfoot character design. People will say "IT LOOKS GREAT" just because it's on the Vita, much like how that terrible Portal clone was praised because the developers announced a Wii U version. Capcom should port Zack & Wiki to the Vita.

Looks bad, especially that Bigfoot character design. People will say "IT LOOKS GREAT" just because it's on the Vita, much like how that terrible Portal clone was praised because the developers announced a Wii U version. Capcom should port Zack & Wiki to the Vita.

Ok.

I like the look of it, really want to see it in motion though.

SmokyDave

Tentatively interested. Nice to see more Vita support.

......Groan.

Just when noobasuar gets banned, someone takes his place.

Evoga

Sigh. I was hoping for a more mature bigfoot game, something along the lines of the factual book missing 411 with bigfoot kidnapping and eating children.

PaulloDEC

Looks really neat. I like the vinyl look, it worked well on Modnation Racers and it looks great here.

I'm definitely up for an UE3-powered vinyl-styled puzzle game for my Vita.

nampad

I am wondering why they deleted the blog post and still haven't reposted it. Also intrigued by that Twitter account and the possible iOS version.
Hope we will see some gameplay soon, kinda interested.

I like the screenshots, and Smart As (which also ran on UE3) is one of my favourite-looking games on the Vita...hopefully this comes out in North America!

TriGen

It does look good, though. Like crisp looking claymation. I can say that even though I don't own a Vita.

Reminds me of Psychonauts, the art style looks pretty cool. Episodic and Vita could be a very interesting mix. I assume this will be another PSN only game? Sony has been killing it with these.

wouwie

Need to see more gameplay but this could be nice depending on the kind of puzzles. Looking forward to more info about this game.

You sure like posting nintendo related stuff in non-nintendo threads ;d

ReaperXL7

Looks like the first episode is coming out very soon

If the assumptions are correct it looks like Luftrausers, Hotline Miami, Velocity Ultra and maybe this could be the line up for may. It would not be surprising, but this is assuming that their plan is an indie game a week, could be more, could be less.

If the assumptions are correct it looks like Luftrausers, Hotline Miami, Velocity Ultra and maybe this could be the line up for may. It would not be surprising, but this is assuming that their plan is an indie game a week, could be more, could be less.

You're correct

Posted on 26 April, 2013 at 8:10 pm by Nick Davies
I think I’m ok to say it will be out in May…

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013...oon-to-ps-vita/comment-page-1/#comment-375973

And for those concerned about PGR5

Well there’s more to come from Lucid this year

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013...oon-to-ps-vita/comment-page-1/#comment-375965

Skyzard

Banned
Hmm.. I want all 4 of those. Damn. At least most are indies. Luftrauser is do damn fun, really looking forward to that in particular, never played hotline miami but I hear it's good. Velocity is a classic basically. This looks alright but I want to see more of the puzzles first, hopefully it's not too simple and the awesome artstyle isn't just during cutscenes.

Replicant

The character design looks great. Especially the kid.

iqIjx8Cwyj3mT.gif

Top Bottom