• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 6/4 - 6/10

sphinx

the piano man
Barf_the_Mog said:
I wonder if Panther is so sure of his estimate despite the release of Trusy Bell that he'd agree to a wager.

I guess he forgot Sigma and trusty bumps. They sure will have some impact on hardware, right? specially 360 that has a dedicated bundle with trusty bell .

mc-sales-070604.jpg

Don't you think these charts would be easier to "read" if the angle were a bit steeper? The white pacman is a bit flat. When his food is so small it gets harder to see the proportions visually. (I am not trying to bash 360 and ps3 here. really!)

Love your charts of data!

justchris

PantherLotus said:
Expectations for 06/11 - 06/17
360 - 2.5k*
Wii - 73k**
PS3 - 8.5k*

* = within 0.275k estimation success the previous week.
** = within 9k estimation success the previous week.

I like this better, gives a more realistic showing of your predicting accuracy.

Great analysis as always. Not sure it's time to write the PS3 off just yet. Pretty major releases next week will reinvigorate sales, even a small bump could affect future trends.

PS3 vs Wii: Weekly shares of 12.0 / 88.0, which is really quite consistent. For the past 9 weeks PS3 has always had 11.1-14.4%, leaving Wii with 85.6-88.9%. Total percents are now 25.6 / 74.4. If Wii stops selling and PS3 continues at this week's rate, it catches up in 199.4 weeks (April 5, 2011).

Crazy. Totally crazy. 90% market domination is a ****ing NES level of domination !!!

This is a weird thread to read.

On one hand, drohne actually has a point in that Sega is being lambasted a bit too much for these comments.

On the other hand, What the guys saying is pretty stupid, not to mention this thread is a continuation of trolls begging Nintendo fans not to use sales charts to point to Nintendo's success, even though the comment made (PS3 will win the gen) was a sales related statement.

DSWii60

Hcoregamer00 said:
Hardware - This Week | Last Week | YTD | LTD
2. WII - 64,529 | 69,748 | 1,749,830 | 2,669,473
5. PS3 - 8,776 | 8,998 | 461,955 | 919,513
6. 360 - 2,533 | 2,219 | 104,477 | 369,179

This is just slaughter.

Wii = 6 (360 + PS3) :O

test_account

XP-39C²
Anyone knows when the 1st day sales number are comming up?

Hammer24 said:
You mean, like gundabump? ;)

Maybe it didnt change any future trends, but how do you think the PS3 LTD numbers would be today without the release of Gundam Masou?

DeaconKnowledge said:
This is a weird thread to read.

On one hand, drohne actually has a point in that Sega is being lambasted a bit too much for these comments.

On the other hand, What the guys saying is pretty stupid, not to mention this thread is a continuation of trolls begging Nintendo fans not to use sales charts to point to Nintendo's success, even though the comment made (PS3 will win the gen) was a sales related statement.

This is a weird post to read.

On one hand, it's well thought out and reasonable.

On the other hand, it's in the wrong thread.

cvxfreak

Did anyone take a peek at Dengeki's numbers for the previous week? I forgot to see what they had for Biohazard 4 Wii Edition. >_<

For its second week they have it at #10 though.

Bo130

I really can't wait to see NSMB and BT2 passing 5M in sales purely in Japan. Their sales are simply amazing, hopefully they'll still be in the Top 10 at that time, so we can get the precise number.

Flakster99 said:
Hey, LanceStern. Care to give your opinion on the PSP software situation?

PSP software situation in Japan is doing a little better than it usually does, but is still very bleak. It now has a few fingers of titles in the top 30, hovering around for longer than just a big opening week and absolutely crashing the next.

It's still depressing to see the lack of the titles in the Top 30, but to be honest, my Nintendo bias rejoices that the Top 30 is mostly Wii/DS filled, and I pay no care to whether PSP titles are in there.

Final Fantasy titles are about the one consistently lasting sellers on the PSP. They are capping off VERY low though, and the PSP has a pretty respectable userbase in Japan too. I don't think anything could be done to turn around the PSP software situation in Japan, and it's somewhat sad.

Once again, I can only feel an ounce of sadness for it, because my fantastic four (NSMB, Pokemon, Brain Age, Animal Crossing) are still around with a whole grip of other Nintendo titles there. So it's good news for me

donny2112 said:
27. NDS FFXII: Revenant Wings 9505 / 479090
So its not at 500k yet, and this week its drops out of the top30 so we probably won't see it in the next Famitsu chart. Mmmm...

Hardware is like totally predictable, if we did predictions I'm sure someone would come with 1000-2000 difference at most.

nli10

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
So its not at 500k yet, and this week its drops out of the top30 so we probably won't see it in the next Famitsu chart. Mmmm...

Hardware is like totally predictable, if we did predictions I'm sure someone would come with 1000-2000 difference at most.

Predicting the DS/PS3/GBA sales to within a thousand units is varying degrees of meaningless. You need to figure the percentage out that someone is to see whether their predictive analytics actually work.

EG 1,000 units out on DS is pretty much psychic, 1,000 out on the GBA is just guesswork.

Hammer24

Banned
test_account said:
Maybe it didnt change any future trends,

Trends are a bitch to predict, thats all I wanted to say.

but how do you think the PS3 LTD numbers would be today without the release of Gundam Masou?

D´accord - of course every little bump helps to get LTD´s up.

Farore said:
Very nice loot :)

Be sure to play KUREAAAA Quest!

nli10 said:
Predicting the DS/PS3/GBA sales to within a thousand units is varying degrees of meaningless. You need to figure the percentage out that someone is to see whether their predictive analytics actually work.

EG 1,000 units out on DS is pretty much psychic, 1,000 out on the GBA is just guesswork.
I meant 1k-2k overall, not separate. Its too little error, but I was just stating how little they change week to week (if Nintendo didn't had shortages all around, it would be even easier).

test_account

XP-39C²
Hammer24 said:
Trends are a bitch to predict, thats all I wanted to say.

D´accord - of course every little bump helps to get LTD´s up.

Indeed. True what you say, Gundam Masou sold pretty well, but look at the sales now, its totally changed. A constant flow of good games need to come or else the trend might change fast.

marvelharvey said:
Previously, 3 times I think, with the lowest week being around 8600ish

5/14 - 5/20 8,659
5/21 - 5/27 9,627
5/28 - 6/3 8,998

As PantherLotus said in his report, PS3 numbers are below 10k since 5 weeks :

4/30 - 5/6 12,974

5/7 - 5/13 8,839
5/14 - 5/20 8,659
5/21 - 5/27 9,627
5/28 - 6/3 8,998
6/4 - 6/10 8,776

PS3 sales won't go up when games start rolling in, you heard it here FIRST!

Seriosuly guys, you need to comeback to reality, PS3 doesn't sell like that without a reason.

First day estimates are here guys :)

X360 Trusty Bell - 30k
PS3 Ninja Gaiden Sigma - 20k
PS3 Call of Duty 3 - 8k

Good word of mouth for Trusty Bell, 4th best first day ever for a X360 title (behind Blue Dragon and both DOA titles)...

Ynos Yrros said:
PS3 sales won't go up when games start rolling in, you heard it here FIRST!

Seriosuly guys, you need to comeback to reality, PS3 doesn't sell like that without a reason.

And what if the cause of the low sales isn’t just lack of games? What if - once the games “start rolling in” - sales still flatline because gamers aren’t prepared to pay the asking price, in spite of there being games that appeal to them?

Kurosaki Ichigo said:

X360 Trusty Bell - 30k
PS3 Call of Duty 3 - 8k

Good word of mouth for Trusty Bell, 4th best first day ever for a X360 title (behind Blue Dragon and both DOA titles)...
How much did X360 sell when Blue Dragon launched? Around 30k, right? It will be hilarious to see X360 outselling PS3.

And what if the cause of the low sales isn’t just lack of games? What if - once the games “start rolling in” - sales still flatline because gamers aren’t prepared to pay the asking price, in spite of there being games that appeal to them?
Then you can make accurate assumptions.

Kurosaki Ichigo said:

X360 Trusty Bell - 30k
PS3 Call of Duty 3 - 8k

Excellent for Trusty Bell. Not bad for Sigma either, both could easily do 50k+ first week which is good enough. If word of mouth is good then it looks like Trusty Bell might effect 360 hardware sales, but by how much?

Kurosaki Ichigo said:

X360 Trusty Bell - 30k
PS3 Call of Duty 3 - 8k

Next week isn't going to be a Nintendomination i suppose...

Wollan

Folks Souls next week will be nice. Thursday release.

Edit: Though there won't be a corresponding MC thread before the week after.

jesusraz

Kurosaki Ichigo said:

Yeah, seems I was going off an old shipment number (from memory). The way it's going, though, it'll struggle to create any daylight between itself and the 500,000 units mark. What's next for S-E...Itadaki Street? I wonder what the initial stock will be for that? With Mario strong right now and DQ always big, 500,000 for its first week isn't too crazy a proposition. But, like I say, all depends on how much stock is available.

Oh, by the way, where's creamsugar with the random MC leaked numbers for 11-50 and beyond? :(

titiklabingapat said:
Actually, scratch that. 28k for Sigma and 45k for Trusty Bell.
Kinda conservative. Last week FF1 and DBZ were 20k first day and ended with 36k and 44k.

Trusty Bell will definately beat 50k, and it has #2 position next week locked. Sadly, Eye Training most likely will prevent X360 getting its first #1 ever (Blue Dragon was just #4 in its launch week). Sigma will do ~40k I guess, #3 most likely.

legend166

Can someone tell me what Folks Soul actually is, and why people think it's going to sell well?

I'm not trolling, I have no idea about anything to do with that game other than it's called Folks Soul.

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Kinda conservative. Last week FF1 and DBZ were 20k first day and ended with 36k and 44k.

Trusty Bell will definately beat 50k, and it has #2 position next week locked. Sadly, Eye Training most likely will prevent X360 getting its first #1 ever (Blue Dragon was just #4 in its launch week). Sigma will do ~40k I guess, #3 most likely.

I suppose, but aren't 70% or so of sales, especially on niche hardcore oriented games(especially the otaku 360 people) usually done on the first day? RE4 was like that and I suspect DBZ got more legs because DBZ is a bit more mainstream, than say, Ninja Gaiden. Same with FF1.

Of course, the 20k and 30k figures could mean anything from 20k to 29k for Sigma and 30k to 39k for Trusty Bell so we both could very well be right. :p

M3wThr33

Banned
legend166 said:
Can someone tell me what Folks Soul actually is, and why people think it's going to sell well?

I'm not trolling, I have no idea about anything to do with that game other than it's called Folks Soul.

Action RPG where you capture monsters by summoning other ones. Like a cross between Mega Man and Pokemon.

Hammerhai

Some Numbers of the Classic Versions of Dead Rising,Bulletwitch etc. ?

They startet also on 14.06 and DR on Amazon Japan selling better than NGS.

When Classic Games selling well, are they on the (Full price)Charts(MC/Famitsu) or not?

Blue Dragon had first day sales of 43k (I am unsure if that included bundles).

If you extrapolated first day sales for both, Trusty Bell should do around 62.5k including the bundle, give or take, and around 20-23k hardware units (if it sold the same number that BD did, but of course that was Christmas).

Ultimately, we should see TB with 62.5k f/w, and hardware around 13~15k units - beating the PS3 out :)

The 70/30 method doesn't work for the vast majority of games. Heck, even MHP2, as frontloaded as it was, ended up with 45% more sales on day 2 and 3. Typically, most games are getting 50/50 o/d to o/w sales....Provided the estimates are accurate.

Of course, it's not always the case - DS Observation training had around a 4x multiplier.

Simga should do 38k to 43k.

Where's Tenchu Z?

test_account

XP-39C²
Mr Killemgood said:
Ultimately, we should see TB with 62.5k f/w, and hardware around 13~15k units - beating the PS3 out :)

If this happends the lines will cross for the first time (refering to MC hardware statistics, graph is posted earlier in this thread :)).

Top Bottom