• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 6/4 - 6/10

D.Lo

donny2112 said:
Fixed.

Edit:
It's shipping > 80K per week in the U.S., production should have gone up by now, and it's still only getting 70K a week in Japan. I just hope that means they're saving up for DQ:Swords release in July. :)
I'd say they're sending them to Europe. PAL was undershipped for the first 5 months, and there's all that talk of a big push in the UK.

test_account

XP-39C²
D.Lo said:
I'd say they're sending them to Europe. PAL was undershipped for the first 5 months, and there's all that talk of a big push in the UK.

It seems that some of them have arrived. One of the biggest online computer store (they sell compures/software/consoles etc. etc.) where i live has had "in stock: 100+" status for like 3 days now. I dont know how many they got, but i guess it was a rather large batch. Before this they were sold out of Wii for maybe 1-2 months, atleast what i saw.

Deku

Banned
kpop100 said:
The sad thing is that is exactly what many of those people that bought a 360 just for Trusty Bell will do. There will probably be an overload of used 360s in shops, the same as a week or 2 after Blue Dragon was released.

That's the anecdote we've heard. Yes. And what's to stop them from doing the same with the PS3 after FFXIII ?

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
donny2112 said:
I believe he is saying that the 150K shipment for the new colors comes this weekend, so the numbers will be in next week's thread. Doesn't Zelda come out at the same time?
Yeah I know, I said this week which we'll get its numbers in the next week MC charts.

test_account

XP-39C²
Deku said:
That's the anecdote we've heard. Yes. And what's to stop them from doing the same with the PS3 after FFXIII ?

Sony payed Square Enix to make the game so long so when you finally beat it its too late to return it hehe ;)

Seriously tho, i dunno, it might happend that people return their PS3 after FFXIII, but have it happend with any other PS3 games? Not really much to choose from yet tho.

D.Lo

Deku said:
Microsoft probabaly wouldn't mind, as it's still a unit sold. Same with Sony, although with the name the game has it would probabaly be a million sold. Do they rent hardware in Japan?

D.Lo said:
Microsoft probabaly wouldn't mind, as it's still a unit sold. Same with Sony, although with the name the game has it would probabaly be a million sold. Do they rent hardware in Japan?

Microsoft doesn't want to sell consoles, they want to sell games. They sell the console at a loss, so why would they be happy with a person buying one game and then giving it to some store that's going to put it in a back room?

D.Lo

AdmiralViscen said:
Microsoft doesn't want to sell consoles, they want to sell games. They sell the console at a loss, so why would they be happy with a person buying one game and then giving it to some store that's going to put it in a back room?
Um, obviously, but since both companies are still trying to build a userbase in Japan, a unit sold is still a number they can quote to publishers. MS has lost so much money a couple more bucks to get a system into someone's home, even temporarily, is surely a small victory for them.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
ziran said:
Famitsu Top 10 June 11-17 07:
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2007/06/20/103,1182332955,73729,0,0.html

1. DS Observation Training (NDS)
2. Trusty Bell - Chopin's Dream (360)
3. Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3)
4. Wii Sports (Wii)
5. More Brain Training (NDS)
6. More English Training (NDS)
7. Wii Play (Wii)
8. New Super Mario Bros. (NDS)
9. Brain Training (NDS)
10. Hisshou Pachinko - Vol. 10: CR Neon Geneses Evangelion (PS2)
A PS3 and a 360 title in the top 10? Next-gen am launch?

D.Lo said:
Um, obviously, but since both companies are still trying to build a userbase in Japan, a unit sold is still a number they can quote to publishers. MS has lost so much money a couple more bucks to get a system into someone's home, even temporarily, is surely a small victory for them.
If the system is returned, then someone buys it instead of a new system because it's available and cheap, the net change is nothing.

creamsugar said:
Famitsu number

Wii - 70,356
PS3 - 11,012
360 - 7,654

Trusty Bell - 43,592
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - 40,886

WTF IS THIS SHIT!? Does that include bundles? Blue Dragon did twice that with 1/2 the userbase. Oh well. Better luck next time. Looks like JRPGS are gonna be a dying breed soon, outside of SE DS games.

birdchili

kisakiproject said:
Looks like JRPGS are gonna be a dying breed soon, outside of SE DS games.

while the future for the genre does look pretty bleak presently (based on announced releases, anyway) - a weakish selling xbox 360 rpg doesn't exactly herald the end, even if said game is of excellent quality.

kisakiproject said:
WTF IS THIS SHIT!? Does that include bundles? Blue Dragon did twice that with 1/2 the userbase.

if Trusty Bell was released during winter holidays probably it sold more... on the other side if BD was released in middle June it sold less

BD had a good market campaign on television (regarding 360 games i mean), TB hadn't

Xeke

Banned
So does anyone on here own Observation Training or have any clue what you actually do in the game? I'm kinda curious.

justchris

kpop100 said:
Just asking, nothing more or less. I'll be the former myself, as I'll be buying the game. But yeah, if hoping/praying for a game's doom is what gets people off, I guess no one can deny them of their pleasure.

Has it occurred to you he might just want to see how the game does, to see if it will actually have a visible affect on sales numbers or not. Our forecasts of future sales work better the more numbers and significant events we have to base them on. It's hard to forecast any improvement for the PS3 when no major games are released.

Axord

Phife Dawg said:
I don't think MS will continue moneyhatting if virtually no one buys the system regardless of software releases.
That probably will not be the case, considering how they have squeezed Sony into a corner elsewhere. This MS Word in Japan story is an excellent look at how MS keeps on fighting for a market. Money quote:
So, that in a nutshell is the Microsoft method. Understand the market, and the customers, and then go pedal to the metal, with release after release focused on what the customers need, incorporating their feedback. That puts the competition into reaction mode. And of course it helps if they also make a strategic error because they are under so much pressure.

Top Bottom