• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 6/4 - 6/10

Vinnk said:
Another week, another report. So what should I look for this time?

I'd like to know if Miru Chikara (Observation Training) seems like to have long legs and retailers feel it will be another hit like Brain and English Training

nli10

D.Lo said:
I don't think they do, at least not all of them. How else do you explain this monstrosity, claiming the PSP will 'turn it around dramatically' based on 'interoperability with the PS3'.

If they were to predict things stay the same as they are now, then they'd take 2006's sales and extrapolate that out four years. But for some reason many analysts seem to have an undying hope in Sony, despite two years or consolidated incompetence.

screen digest said:
Screen Digest believe that the PSP will improve its performance from late 2007 onwards. Sony appear to have renewed their focus and energies on the device following the global launch of PS3 and the beginning of the charge is a price cut in all major markets. Wireless downloading (not contingent on a PS3) of premium content will be introduced to all major territories by the end of 2007.

Seeing as the article was 5 days ago they haven't actually had much chance to be proven right yet. :D
PSP sales have increased since the PS3 launch and will continue to do so. They seem to think that the PSP2 will beat the DS2, and I think that is quite frankly a little bit of a stretch - but until 2011 it's hard to prove them wrong.

nli10 said:
PSP sales have increased since the PS3 launch and will continue to do so.
There have been bumps from things like Monster Hunter 2 and the US price drop, but year over year things are quite flat.

US November 2005 - May 2006: 2.33 million
US November 2006 - May 2007: 2.34 million
Though with the freak 5 week January this year, that's a comparison of 31 weeks this year to 30 weeks last year.

JPN week of 2005-11-07 through week of 2006-06-05: 1.53 million
JPN week of 2006-11-06 through week of 2007-06-04: 1.35 million

donny2112

JoshuaJSlone said:
US November 2006 - April 2007: 2.34 million

JPN week of 2005-11-07 through week of 2007-06-05: 1.53 million

So if you add in May's 221K for the PSP, the PSP has sold almost the exact same amount in the U.S. + Japan for two years in a row.

donny2112 said:
So if you add in May's 221K for the PSP, the PSP has sold almost the exact same amount in the U.S. + Japan for two years in a row.
Oops, that is through May. I was initially going to show that it was flat other than the price drop bump, but switched after typing in one of the Aprils. So things are actually down.

nli10

JoshuaJSlone said:
Oops, that is through May. I was initially going to show that it was flat other than the price drop bump, but switched after typing in one of the Aprils. So things are actually down.

Really? wow - maybe it just feels like it's selling better due to all the titles popping up in the charts.

Not long until the Xbox sales thread... :)

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
JoshuaJSlone said:
There have been bumps from things like Monster Hunter 2 and the US price drop, but year over year things are quite flat.

US November 2006 - May 2007: 2.34 million
Though with the freak 5 week January this year, that's a comparison of 31 weeks this year to 30 weeks last year.

JPN week of 2005-11-07 through week of 2006-06-05: 1.53 million
fixed?

milanbaros

Member?
nli10 said:
Really? wow - maybe it just feels like it's selling better due to all the titles popping up in the charts.

Not long until the Xbox sales thread... :)

I actually think it feels better because people had written it off and were expecting it to do a bit of a gamecube in terms of sales falling. When it was able to hold steady its seen as doing well.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
So things are actually down.
Can you post numbers 2007 vs 2006 only? The 2006 holliday season was down YoY a lot in Japan (and slightly in US), so even if 2007 has been up overall that would hardly be enough to offset it.

PantherLotus said:
Anybody notice that hyperionx hasn't posted since his ridiculous prediction has been posted?

Dont worry, next time he shows up, we will remind him of his stupid prediction and how he bailed out after whe discovered it.

nli10

milanbaros said:
I actually think it feels better because people had written it off and were expecting it to do a bit of a gamecube in terms of sales falling. When it was able to hold steady its seen as doing well.

I expect the PSP to be a good bet for Holiday sales 2007, possibly outselling the PS3, but 3rd to the Wii DS Combo. In Japan that is, ROW would have X360 behind the DS but ahead of the Wii.

test_account

XP-39C²
oldie-newbie said:
Last week, Ziran posted Famitsu top 10 at 03h18 PM wednesday and console numbers are available the day after at the same time...

Ok, thanks :) Hopefully we will have the numbers at the same time as last week, which is very soon :)

ziran said:
Famitsu Top 10 June 11-17 07:
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2007/06/20/103,1182332955,73729,0,0.html

1. DS Observation Training (NDS)
2. Trusty Bell - Chopin's Dream (360)
3. Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3)

4. Wii Sports (Wii)
5. More Brain Training (NDS)
6. More English Training (NDS)
7. Wii Play (Wii)
8. New Super Mario Bros. (NDS)
9. Brain Training (NDS)
10. Hisshou Pachinko/Pachislo Capture Series, Vol. 10: CR Neon Geneses Evangelion (PS2)

A PS3 AND a X360's game in the top 3 ? WOW.

Edit: note that X360's game > PS3's game. The hardware will be interesting. How close will be the X360 and the PS3 ? :lol

test_account

XP-39C²
Tnx for the numbers :) Damn.. i was kinda hoping that Trusty Bell would get #1 so 360 would atleast have one game on #1 throughout its lifetime. Whats the next big 360 game to hit Japan?

ziran said:

4. Wii Sports (Wii)
7. Wii Play (Wii)
9. Brain Training (NDS)
10. Hisshou Pachinko - Vol. 10: CR Neon Geneses Evangelion (PS2)

Next Gen AM HERE total right? :lol

Good (opening) sales for both games, both are probably above 50k.

Here's a bold prediction: by Christmas, Wii Sports LTD > Final Fantasy XII LTD or whatever Final Fantasy XIII will ever sell on PS3.

Evlar

Banned
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
A PS3 AND a X360's game in the top 3 ? WOW.

Edit: note that X360's game > PS3's game. The hardware will be interesting. How close will be the X360 and the PS3 ? :lol
Both sold more than Wii Sports, so >30k.

stalker said:
If Brain Training 1 goes back to the top ten in the MC numbers, that woul be really funny

Yes, it woul be.

Also...Wii needs to hurry up and get some new games. I know they're on the way, but seeing Wii Play and Wii Sports as the only two Wii games in the top 10 is depressing. :(

ethelred

Forgotten Ancient said:
Yes, it woul be.

Also...Wii needs to hurry up and get some new games. I know they're on the way, but seeing Wii Play and Wii Sports as the only two Wii games in the top 10 is depressing. :(

It's gotten plenty of new games. They all drop out of the top ten pretty quickly, though, if they appear there at all.

Alcander

ziran said:

4. Wii Sports (Wii)
7. Wii Play (Wii)
9. Brain Training (NDS)

So close for TB! :(

What did blue dragon open at?

Dont shoot me i just report....supposed 1st day sale numbers

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/1366.html

We enjoy bringing you sales data for software and hardware, especially our weekly Japanese threads. It's no secret that the two sole next-gen consoles are under-performing. While no one expected the Xbox 360 to perform well at all, not many predicted the PS3's sales to be so lackluster.

A severe lack of content has plagued the system for months now, and only now does it look like the software is finally beginning to roll and it kicks off with the launch of Ninja Gaiden Sigma. Released this past Wednesday in Japan, for its first day of sales Ninja Gaiden Sigma managed to sell 20k copies. With another six days remaining, I'd estimate first week sales of 40-45k for the game.

Surprisingly, Call of Duty 3's debut came in much (and I reiterate: much!) better than expected. With 8k copies sold on the first day, my prediction for COD3 is 15-17k in debut sales. The big news is that the newest Eternal Sonata game, Trusty Bell, went on to sell an astonishing 30k copies for its debut day. I'm pegging the X360 title to hit 50-55k copies for its debut week.

Xbox 360 Trusty Bell - 30k

PlayStation 3 Ninja Gaiden Sigma - 20k

PlayStation 3 Call of Duty 3 - 8k

Haunted

fivehorizons said:
Dont shoot me i just report....supposed 1st day sale numbers

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/1366.html

We enjoy bringing you sales data for software and hardware, especially our weekly Japanese threads. It's no secret that the two sole next-gen consoles are under-performing. While no one expected the Xbox 360 to perform well at all, not many predicted the PS3's sales to be so lackluster.

A severe lack of content has plagued the system for months now, and only now does it look like the software is finally beginning to roll and it kicks off with the launch of Ninja Gaiden Sigma. Released this past Wednesday in Japan, for its first day of sales Ninja Gaiden Sigma managed to sell 20k copies. With another six days remaining, I'd estimate first week sales of 40-45k for the game.

Surprisingly, Call of Duty 3's debut came in much (and I reiterate: much!) better than expected. With 8k copies sold on the first day, my prediction for COD3 is 15-17k in debut sales. The big news is that the newest Eternal Sonata game, Trusty Bell, went on to sell an astonishing 30k copies for its debut day. I'm pegging the X360 title to hit 50-55k copies for its debut week.

Xbox 360 Trusty Bell - 30k

PlayStation 3 Ninja Gaiden Sigma - 20k

PlayStation 3 Call of Duty 3 - 8k

If that translates into hardware sales, we're looking at 360's biggest bump since Blue Dragon (however small it might seem compared to the competition).

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
4. Wii Sports (Wii)
7. Wii Play (Wii)
9. Brain Training (NDS)

C'Mon :lol

This is surreal. I can't remember a videogame industry scene like that. It's just something new in the whole consumer society. A few books and movies did something close to this, but Nintendo DS is becoming an absolute social phenomenon.

jesusraz

ziran said:

4. Wii Sports (Wii)
7. Wii Play (Wii)
9. Brain Training (NDS)

Seems like a slow week if Brain Training moves back into the Top 10...Observation Training might have only sold about 50,000 units this week to claim No.1!

Forgotten Ancient said:
I thought Super Paper Mario and/or Big Brain Academy Wii would somehow take over as the system sellers but I guess Wii Sports is like a fad but even bigger and the other one is a free game with controller. So I guess both will keep there for a long, long time. Can't see even DQ Swords or Mario Party 8 to change that. btw, I got Trusty and Sigma right, #2 and #3 :)

lol at first Brain Training, interesting to see the 2nd one outselling 2nd English Training. Eye Training is going to join 1m so easily at this rate thats its like unfair for all other companies but Nintendo. Hey, at least that one was developed by Bandai Namco wasn't it? I hope they are getting a fair share of $ucce$$.

Oh, numbers sorry...

Observation Training - 250k LTD
(many other adult training games going up because of Father's Day it seems)
DS - 140k
Wii - 70k

Trusty Bell - 40k
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - 40k
Seems X360 did not reach PS3 but came close with ~8000 units, PS3 didn't move from last week number
Call of Duty 3 - 15k
Dead Rising budget re-release- 3k
(Seems Oblivion is getting a good amount of pre-orders and could outsell Trusty Bell.)

There is some more data to translate but its difficult for me :/

Scum

tanasten said:
C'Mon :lol

This is surreal. I can't remember a videogame industry scene like that. It's just something new in the whole consumer society. A few books and movies did something close to this, but Nintendo DS is becoming an absolute social phenomenon.
Yeah, but look at what's right above Brain Training! 5m, you say?? I think so!

Alcander said:
:(

~8000 units sold or ~8000 difference? I'm guessing sold..
Actually I think its 8k for the Trusty Bell bundle (no clue if they are added to Trusty Bell software total) but even then, adding other SKUs, it doesn't reach PS3 by little.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
ziran said:

4. Wii Sports (Wii)
7. Wii Play (Wii)
9. Brain Training (NDS)

Oh Snappidy snap, could this be the crossing of the streams? the one and only time that 360 musters up a slight sign of life in Japan?

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Trusty Bell - 40k

Ugh if true. :(

Ninja Gaiden Sigma - 40k

Ugh again.

Seems X360 did not reach PS3 but came close with ~8000 units, PS3 didn't move from last week number

Metldown averted. Fairly weaksauce bump for Trusty Bell. Amazing that Ninja Gaiden had no effect on the PS3. o_o

Seems Oblivion is getting a good amount of pre-orders and could outsell Trusty Bell.

No, this cannot be! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! [/dracula]

milanbaros

Member?
I fear the crossing of the streams. It keeps everything so tidy and prevents any stupid discussions of comebacks and late starts and fads.

As I understand it, the copies of Trusty Bell that are bundled with the Trusty Bell 360 console package don't count in the software sales chart, correct? I wonder how many copies sold total if we included those copies as well. I guess an easy thing to do would be to subtract about 2,500 from the total 360 console sales this week (to capture the rise in 360 sales due to the Trusty Bell bundle) and than add that number to the number of copies sold on the software charts.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Oh, numbers sorry...

DS - 140k
Wii - 70k

Trusty Bell - 40k
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - 40k
Call of Duty 3 - 15k
(Seems Oblivion is getting a good amount of pre-orders and could outsell Trusty Bell.)

Damn you American holidays, I remember that they never celebrated Fathers day in the Philippines or Japan and here I was watching channels from those countries advertising it.

Boo....

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
I thought Super Paper Mario and/or Big Brain Academy Wii would somehow take over as the system sellers but I guess Wii Sports is like a fad but even bigger and the other one is a free game with controller. So I guess both will keep there for a long, long time. Can't see even DQ Swords or Mario Party 8 to change that. btw, I got Trusty and Sigma right, #2 and #3 :)

lol at first Brain Training, interesting to see the 2nd one outselling 2nd English Training. Eye Training is going to join 1m so easily at this rate thats its like unfair for all other companies but Nintendo. Hey, at least that one was developed by Bandai Namco wasn't it? I hope they are getting a fair share of $ucce$$.

Oh, numbers sorry...

DS - 140k
Wii - 70k

Trusty Bell - 40k
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - 40k
Call of Duty 3 - 15k

:lol :lol Unbelievable.

Top Bottom