• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 6/4 - 6/10

Hcoregamer00 said:
What is more unbelievable is that MS hasn't jumped on the "low budget dating sim" genre that would probably sell more than Trusty Bell.

One year ago, say that, someday, X360 > PS3 in Japan would have been foolish in every possible way. Now it is so close to happen.

Busaiku

I wonder if MC will have 360 > PS3.
Also, does the sinobi blog say anything about Days of Memories? Wondering if that made it into the top 30. Didn't Tokimeki Girls DS make it into the top 10 during its debut?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
milanbaros said:
I fear the crossing of the streams. It keeps everything so tidy and prevents any stupid discussions of comebacks and late starts and fads.

not this week young one... Sony were smart.. they brought ninjas.

Saitou

Banned
Syth_Blade22 said:
not this week young one... Sony were smart.. they brought ninjas.
soon.jpg

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
creamsugar said:
Famitsu number

Wii 70,356
PS3 11,012
360 7,654

Trusty Bell - 43,592
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - 40,886

Well, it kinda got close.

Looks like Wii might be settling in to somewhat consistent numbers- between 65K and 70K a week.

Jokeropia

Famitsu have been slightly higher on PS3 than MC lately so a crossing of the streams is not completely out of the question yet. It's unlikely though.

schuelma

Second said:
Are there any Wii shortages?

Judging by Vinnk's reports, I'd say its likely that Wii is still very supply constrained.

Well, according to Vinnk, the DS is starting to get easier to find where he is. Of course, the sample size is to small to extrapolate the trend to the rest of the country, but there you go.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
So according to these numbers, Trusty Bell sales dropped much more than Ninja Gaiden through the weekend.
I thought many Gaffers said that word of mouth is strong for Trusty Bell.

enishi

And the shipment of 2 new DSL colors this weekend will be ~150k, it will be ~300k of total DSL shipment.

[NDS] Days of memories - 3k
[NDS] Water-colored blood - 3k

donny2112

Maxwell House said:
As I understand it, the copies of Trusty Bell that are bundled with the Trusty Bell 360 console package don't count in the software sales chart, correct?

Incorrect.

Japan: Bundles count towards software.
U.S.: Bundles do not count towards software.
U.K.: Store bundles count towards software, but packed in games do not.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
enishi said:
And the shipment of 2 new DSL colors this weekend will be ~150k, it will be ~300k of total DSL shipment.

Wow, so we'll see +300k sales for the DS this week?

donny2112

starship said:
Wow, so we'll see +300k sales for the DS this week?

I believe he is saying that the 150K shipment for the new colors comes this weekend, so the numbers will be in next week's thread. Doesn't Zelda come out at the same time?

creamsugar said:
Famitsu number

Wii - 70,356
PS3 - 11,012
360 - 7,654

Trusty Bell - 43,592

Close as never before.

enishi said:

Oh man. Another 300k. It just never stop.

donny2112 said:
I believe he is saying that the 150K shipment for the new colors comes this weekend, so the numbers will be in next week's thread. Doesn't Zelda come out at the same time?

WOW. A monster week. Where is the hype ?

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
creamsugar said:
Famitsu number

Wii - 70,356
PS3 - 11,012
360 - 7,654

Trusty Bell - 43,592

Wow...pathetic, if true.

Fafalada said:
Can you post numbers 2007 vs 2006 only? The 2006 holliday season was down YoY a lot in Japan (and slightly in US), so even if 2007 has been up overall that would hardly be enough to offset it.
Sure thing. That is indeed the case.

Japan
On a weekly basis PSP was particularly strong relative to last year from about week 4 through week 12 of this year.
Visual weekly
Since it hasn't spent any appreciable time much below last year, it retains what it gained during that time, so through week 23 it's
2006: 846K
2007: 978K
Visual cumulative

USA
The May bump for the price drop is what makes the biggest difference here.
January - May 2006: 856K
January - May 2007: 971K
Alternate 2007, if we try to compensate the comparison for that fifth week of January by pretending one of them disappeared: 922K

Brofist

DS seems to be easy to find in Japan these days. I know I've bought 3 in the last couple months (2 were presents). Now if I win the lottery and get to buy one of those Yellow ones, that'll be something special ;)

jesusraz said:
Seems like a slow week if Brain Training moves back into the Top 10...Observation Training might have only sold about 50,000 units this week to claim No.1!

Observation Training seems to have sold around 80 to 100k because Kurosaki Ichigo has posted that LTD was 250k for this game and last week the LTD number was around 157k...

ziran

donny2112 said:
Yeah. Phantom Hourglass and the new colours are released Saturday.

It's a big week for DS:

Itadaki Street DS Dragon Quest and Mario
Zelda Phantom Hourglass
DS Lite (Gloss Silver)
DS Lite (Metallic Rose)

EDIT-
Checked:
http://kotaku.com/gaming/sparkly/japan-getting-two-new-ds-lite-colours-264341.php

Alcander said:
Probably less hype because seeing the DS dominate is getting fairly dull =\

Yeah, but this week decides if the Zelda series will stop to decline or not. I think the 39/40 that Famitsu gave to Phantom Hourglass will help a lot.

As expected TB is ahead of NG. Didn't imagine it being so close though.

I expected a bigger impact on hardware sales for 360 (buy system for TB then sell it afterwards). LO really has to perform better than that or the future is looking even worse then before for 360 in Japan. I don't think MS will continue moneyhatting if virtually no one buys the system regardless of software releases.

Brofist

Taurus said:
So guys, what is the next "wait for X" after NGS? That golf game?

Why, cause you can't wait to buy it? Or because you are jacking off in hope of it's low/disappointing sales numbers?

donny2112

test_account said:
You mean the Wii shipped numbers? :p

Fixed.

Edit:
It's shipping > 80K per week in the U.S., production should have gone up by now, and it's still only getting 70K a week in Japan. I just hope that means they're saving up for DQ:Swords release in July. :)

test_account

XP-39C²
donny2112 said:
Fixed.

Edit:
It's shipping > 80K per week in the U.S., production should have gone up by now, and it's still only getting 70K a week in Japan. I just hope that means they're saving up for DQ:Swords release in July. :)

They operate with shipped numbers in MC?

Brofist

Moor-Angol said:
sell your 360, it's all over in Japan

(but it never started??)

The sad thing is that is exactly what many of those people that bought a 360 just for Trusty Bell will do. There will probably be an overload of used 360s in shops, the same as a week or 2 after Blue Dragon was released.

test_account

XP-39C²
donny2112 said:
You say you're not trolling, but if you're not trolling, then you're just being incredibly obtuse.

I was making a joke :p He quoted all consoles and said it was pathetic, but he didnt say which
obviously he ment 360 or PS3, but i edited my earlier post stating it was a joke so people shouldnt missunderstand :p

It's only Famitsu, there's still hope for the 360. Man I can't WAIT for the MC numbers!!! This is without a doubt the most exciting MC week since 7 months ago!

Please let the streams cross God! I would kill to see the meltdowns! :D

donny2112

test_account said:
I was making a joke :p

I realize what you said, and I previously saw your edit. However, you have a history of loaded questions and poor "jokes." You may be completely innocent and not trying to bash, at all, but the more of these "jokes" you do, the less likely that seems. ;)

test_account

XP-39C²
donny2112 said:
I realize what you said, and I previously saw your edit. However, you have a history of loaded questions and poor "jokes." You may be completely innocent and not trying to bash, at all, but the more of these "jokes" you do, the less likely that seems. ;)

Hehe well.. i can tell you one thing, if i make a joke like this its just for the fun of it so dont take them too serious. Trolling serious isnt something i would do. I felt like it was PS3/360 bashing earlier so a "counter joke" was in place ;)

kpop100 said:
Why, cause you can't wait to buy it? Or because you are jacking off in hope of it's low/disappointing sales numbers?
Regardless of which is the case, overreacting to it doesn't help you in any way.

schuelma

I think those looking for crossing of the streams are going to be disappointed- while famitsu and MC do differ, I doubt they'd differ by that much especially when there are such low numbers to track anyways.

Brofist

JoshuaJSlone said:
Regardless of which is the case, overreacting to it doesn't help you in any way.

Just asking, nothing more or less. I'll be the former myself, as I'll be buying the game. But yeah, if hoping/praying for a game's doom is what gets people off, I guess no one can deny them of their pleasure.

Top Bottom