• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 40GB Euro Doggystyle Edition™ OFFICIAL!

Raistlin

NIghtWolf said:
well, you guys should see this.

http://bluraysavings.com/

They have the "CECHG01" listed there so this almost confirms it (well at least for the US).

credits goes to Benkrishman from AVS.

Yes ... this confirms either another SKU, or some sort of evolution to the current one.

However, how does it confirm all the stuff that's been speculated thus far?

Crisis

Banned
Onix said:
Yes ... this confirms either another SKU, or some sort of evolution to the current one.

It doesn't confirm all the speculated stuff. It does confirm the existence of cechg01 as a separate model instead of just a hardware upgrade. It could just be a new model of the 80 GB PS3 taken out of the Motorstorm bundle or something else altogether. With all the rumors flying around about the existence of it and the fact that it uses less power and apparently has less ports than the regular PS3 I think it's safe to say that it's probably a cheaper PS3.

*edit* The mods ought to change the title to "New Model Confirmed".

lupinko

rc213 said:
Sony should do a $399.99 PS3 Simpsons Bundle (The Simpsons Game/The Simpsons Movie Blu-Ray!) RAWRsome!

I would buy that if it was a Simpsons Yellow PS3 like the Euro Simpsons PSP or the LE Simpsons 360.

But then again I already own a PS3. =x

Oh right, this news just confirms, PS3 Slim and Lite, or in this case, just PS3 Lite.

Raistlin

Crisis said:
It doesn't confirm all the speculated stuff. It does confirm the existence of cechg01 as a separate model instead of just a hardware upgrade. It could just be a new model of the 80 GB PS3 taken out of the Motorstorm bundle or something else altogether. With all the rumors flying around about the existence of it and the fact that it uses less power and apparently has less ports than the regular PS3 I think it's safe to say that it's probably a cheaper PS3.

*edit* The mods ought to change the title to "New Model Confirmed".

Less power may involve 65nm.

The 'apparently has less ports', is that confirmed? If not, requesting the mods to change the title to "New Model Confirmed" is a bit premature ... unless you consider 65nm being sufficient?

It very well may be a new SKU ... I'm just waiting to see.

Crisis

Banned
Onix said:

The 'apparently has less ports', is that confirmed? If not, requesting the mods to change the title to "New Model Confirmed" is a bit premature ... unless you consider 65nm being sufficient?

It very well may be a new SKU ... I'm just waiting to see.

In the FCC filing there were only 2 USB ports. Honestly nobody really has a clue what's going on except at Sony... and they may not know either.

max-pain

http://www.dailytech.com/WalMart+Canada+Sale+Hints+at+New+80GB+PS3+Price/article9095.htm

6157_walmartsale.jpg

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
spwolf said:
449 "cheap" version confirmed?

edit: its canadian deal - how much was it in canada before?

Well, it's supposedly the same price now as the 60GB was before.

It's not definitive, though, there's other reasons - like currency - that they could alter the price (though it's still lower than the US dollar price of 599). I guess we'll see.

Rolf NB

Onix said:
The 3.2A vs 3.0A thing? That difference is small enough to be explained entirely by two less USB ports. Or by the removed EE for that matter.
Onix said:
Nothing is really confirmed, but two less USB ports is strongly indicated when you compare the two FCC filings. It kinda makes sense that you plug something into every port on the system if you want to see what kind of radio emissions it causes in the worst case.

I'd be cautious about taking this as an indication for anything else though, including the whole price thing.

wazoo

According some guys at retail in France, the packs will be more or less announced next week

PS3 60go+ PES 2008 = 449€ (15 novembre)
PS3 40go+ BR Spider Man 3 = 399€

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
If those prices are real, the PS3 might have a chance to have a great Xmas in Europe especially the PES pack-in.

llTll

Banned
wazoo said:
According some guys at retail in France, the packs will be more or less announced next week

i think the 60Gig + PES 2008 is real. but the 40 gig one not so much. either way. next week is soon :lol

Elios83

40GB is confirmed for Europe dudes, retailers are taking orders,but a new bundle with the 60GB is coming really soon on October 12 at 499€

llTll

Banned
Elios83 said:
40GB is confirmed for Europe dudes, retailers are taking orders,but a new bundle with the 60GB is coming really soon on October 12 at 499€
are you sure its confirmed ? and btw my friend. the spoiler thing is kinda gay :lol

Elios83

llTll said:
are you sure its confirmed ? and btw my friend. the spoiler thing is kinda gay :lol

Yup 40GB is the real thing for Europe too
Now the important things are unspoiled:lol as they should :lol :lol
Oh I've heard rumors that the movie pack could include also a remote and that ad posted earlier in the thread pretty much means that they're considering this, but it's not confirmed yet.

I'm not so sure if its good to have both 40GB and 60GB skus out there, oh well. Then again, 399€ PS3 is really needed. I doubt they can include anything else than the PS3 and a controller for that price (a movie and a 'thank you' card at most).

Oh, and not having Dual Shock 3 in the boxes is a fairly big mistake.

NIghtWolf

Onix said:

Not all the stuff but at least the existence of a new model. Now that new model probably going to have less USB ports and no card reader < comes from the FCC paper (which have a high possibility to happen). The 40GB, no ps2 GPU and $400 is the speculation.

What I think is that, if they really going to make a new ps3 with less parts its because they want to reduce the whole price and that can't be possible by just striping out some ports and readers. For that reason I think it makes perfectly sense most of the speculation that have been going on here.

llTll

Banned
Elios83 said:
Yup 40GB is the real thing for Europe too
Now the important things are unspoiled:lol as they should :lol :lol
Oh I've heard rumors that the movie pack could include also a remote and that ad posted earlier in the thread pretty much means that they're considering this, but it's not confirmed yet.
lets see how it will go next week.

it will be funny if
Japan has the 20Gig PS3 still
UK has 40Gig PS3
US has nothing but 80 gig rape

Elios83

llTll said:
lets see how it will go next week.

it will be funny if
Japan has the 20Gig PS3 still
UK has 40Gig PS3
US has nothing but 80 gig rape

Nah, US will probably have the exact same things announced for Europe. The 40GB is the same model discovered in the US ;) Of course PES will be replaced with an other game in the bundle :lol I wouldn't be surprised f SCEA had its own annoucements to make at nearly the same time of SCEE.
Japan is the wild card, but I guess they will discontinue the 20GB, replace it with the 40GB and cut the price by 10.000 yen on both the SKUs. In Japan it makes sense to wait until the end of October to announce things because the lineup will have its peak in November. Bundles with DW, WE and GT are to be expected.

llTll

Banned
Elios83 said:
Nah, US will probably have the exact same things announced for Europe. The 40GB is the same model discovered in the US ;) Of course PES will be replaced with an other game in the bundle :lol I wouldn't be surprised f SCEA had its own annoucements to make at nearly the same time of SCEE.
Japan is the wild card, but I guess they will discontinue the 20GB, replace it with the 40GB and cut the price by 10.000 yen on both the SKUs. In Japan it makes sense to wait until the end of October to announce things because the lineup will have its peak in November. Bundles with DW, WE and GT are to be expected.

speaking of PES. when its coming to UK ? PS3 region free ftw. will import it

spwolf

NIghtWolf said:
Not all the stuff but at least the existence of a new model. Now that new model probably going to have less USB ports and no card reader < comes from the FCC paper (which have a high possibility to happen). The 40GB, no ps2 GPU and $400 is the speculation.

What I think is that, if they really going to make a new ps3 with less parts its because they want to reduce the whole price and that can't be possible by just striping out some ports and readers. For that reason I think it makes perfectly sense most of the speculation that have been going on here.

thats $25 difference (ps2 will stay as it is currently in 80 GB units).... As I mentioned before, $25 is a lot when spread over millions.

So
40 GB 399+ Movie
80 GB 499+ Game+ BD Remote

I dont know which one is better deal.. if I find PES2008 version in my city, I will buy another PS3 :D

Walshicus

navanman said:
If those prices are real, the PS3 might have a chance to have a great Xmas in Europe especially the PES pack-in.
Not at those prices it won't. A "good" Christmas PS3-wise, maybe... probably even with a price cut. But it won't outsell the competition by far.

spwolf

Sir Fragula said:
Not at those prices it won't. A "good" Christmas PS3-wise, maybe... probably even with a price cut. But it won't outsell the competition by far.

depending on who you think of as competition... it will easily outsell 360, Europe wide...

wazoo said:

In spain the rumor from the guys on the stores is PS3 + PES2008 + Ratchet pack, no words on price or model, but "Really big pricedrop"

Scotch

Wow, this is great news. I expected them to drop the price to 499,- this fall, and to 399,- in spring maybe. Never saw a 200,- Euro pricedrop coming. Colour me impressed, SCEE.

They're gonna trounce 360 in France, Germany, Spain, hell maybe UK as well.

Nostromo said:
If Sony doesn't drop the price in the US as well I'm going to be angry!

You can bet the Dec pricing in US will be:

40gb $399 with game
60gb $399 Barebones maybe even $350 to clear them out.
80gb $499 with motorstorm.

Sony needs to put a bit of gap between the 2 models. 60gb or 80gb isn't that big of a difference to warrant the extra price for most people. Which is why the 40gb exists.

tanod

when is my burrito
My guesses:

In the US
40GB (no pack-in game) - $399.99
60GB (no pack-in game) - $449.99 (until it runs out)
80GB (no pack-in game) - $449.99 or $499.99 (if they even decide to do this)
80GB (w/ MotorStorm) - $499.99

I'm guessing Japan will get the 80GB and the 40GB to replace the 60GB and the 20GB without pack-ins for 10,000 yen less than they are now.

Europe will stick with the 60GB (no 80s) models since Reeves likes them, apparently. They're getting the 40 though.

Thank god they kept Wifi in. Non-gimped SKU confirmed.

MoeB

tanod said:
My guesses:

In the US
60GB (no pack-in game) - $449.99
80GB (no pack-in game) - $449.99 (if they even decide to do this)

I'm guessing Japan will get the 80GB and the 40GB to replace the 60GB and the 20GB without pack-ins for 10,000 yen less than they are now.

Europe will stick with the 60GB (no 80s) models since Reeves likes them, apparently. They're getting the 40 though.

I think we're going to end up with one 40GB and one 80GB sku. It makes sense to take out the 60GB completely. Because 80/40=2
and 2 is my favorite number.

Nostromo

DarkJediKnight said:
You can bet the Dec pricing in US will be:

40gb $399 with game
60gb $399 Barebones maybe even $350 to clear them out.
80gb $499 with motorstorm.

Sony needs to put a bit of gap between the 2 models. 60gb or 80gb isn't that big of a difference to warrant the extra price for most people. Which is why the 40gb exists.
I so hope you're right, but you're just guessing here...I need hard data! :)

Raistlin

MoeB said:
I think we're going to end up with one 40GB and one 80GB sku. It makes sense to take out the 60GB completely. Because 80/40=2

Sony acknowledged the 60GB is going away at E3. Once they're gone, they're gone. They stopped sourcing 60GB drives several months ago.

tanod

when is my burrito
MoeB said:

I'm gonna make a quick edit but I think they'll do an official "re-pricing" of the 60GB to the $449 price before stock runs out.

tanod

when is my burrito
Nostromo said:
I so hope you're right, but you're just guessing here...I need hard data! :)

There would be absolutely no reason to price the 60GB models at or below the 40GB price. It's not like they're hurting anything being on shelves.

NIghtWolf

tanod said:
My guesses:

In the US
60GB (no pack-in game) - $449.99
80GB (no pack-in game) - $449.99 (if they even decide to do this)

Good guesses, but im still positive that we going to see a 40GB ps3 + spiderman 3 for xmas. I belive that would be a perfect pack for those *ps3 as blu-ray player* customers.

Better yet we can see a spiderman edition ps3, we got the letters already, we just need some textures on the surface.

Perhaps something like this:

2mnjipk.jpg

+

25k7c7t.jpg

There you go, the *Spider-Station 3* and the *SPIDERSIX* pad....theres also a spiderless spidersix pad but its japan only.

"A console design never looked that artistic before" <

Dont hate on my photoshop skillz

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I'm gonna guess

40GB PS3 - $399
60GB PS3 - $449.99 (To clear them out/Compete with Elite)
80GB with Motorstorm - $499.99

Chiggs

Gold Member
Black_Ice said:
I'm gonna guess

40GB PS3 - $399
60GB PS3 - $449.99 (To clear them out/Compete with Elite)
80GB with Motorstorm - $499.99

If that's the case, I *might* go for a 60GB. If not, I'll be plenty happy with the 40GB. Does anyone here actually use the card readers?

lupinko

Chiggs said:
If that's the case, I *might* go for a 60GB. If not, I'll be plenty happy with the 40GB. Does anyone here actually use the card readers?

I do, convenient when you want to put photos and whatnot from your cameras and phones. And another way of transporting gamesaves to friends' houses if you don't have a external HDD or flash drive.

Chiggs

Gold Member
lupinko said:
I do, convenient when you want to put photos and whatnot from your cameras and phones. And another way of transporting gamesaves to friends' houses if you don't have a external HDD or flash drive.

Good point. Lets say I end up with a 40GB version. Couldn't I just use a USB flash drive to do that?

Top Bottom