• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden: Sigma demo out

Lo_Pan

Crypto said:
Anyone try the score uploading thing, I noticed a big bug in it, I got the same score in the Rachel level as a Japanese guy, so my score wasn't uploaded, when I choose 'my score' it only shows his name...

Does anyone know what the thing in between the 'very hard' difficulty and Rachel missions are? I can't beat very hard :(
Punch in the Junk mode. Description says to unzip, pull out your sack & close your eyes. I haven't tried it yet though.

OverHeat

« generous god »
FoxSpirit said:
This looks WAY better than anyone elses screenshots in this thread. You really know how to either set up your TV or handle your camera.
thx men

repost since its down from imageshack

dsc00290hk7.jpg

Bebpo

Banned
FredFish said:
What's the deal with Rachel? I got 277k on a run-through with Ryu (love the staff) but Rachel...

I must be the only one whose having more fun with Rachel than Ryu in this demo.

Ryu is so boring to play as if you've already invested a lot of time in the original, Rachel is fresh and fun!

crunker99

guys the demo is not on the japanese, european, or american PSN store

i can take digicam pics if u like

what the heck is going on?

Greg

crunker99 said:
guys the demo is not on the japanese, european, or american PSN store

i can take digicam pics if u like

what the heck is going on?
The demo will be in the US store in a little bit.

As for the Japanese store, are you sure you aren't using your HK account? I had to make a Japanese account because it wasn't up in the HK store.

deepbrown

OverHeat said:
thx men

repost since its down from imageshack

WOw...so it seems Sony tv's are better than Samsung ones for showing off the ps3? I was thinking of getting a 32inch Samsung...name the best 32inch tv that's either Sony or Samsung so I can get it :)

Dizzan

MINI Member
tha_con said:
Did you spend 10 minutes looking for the DVD icon there too? :lol :lol :lol

:lol :lol :lol

I see what you did there

Still not up on the US store. Apparently Virtua Tennis Demo is going up today also. Ive been thinking of buying both of these so today is potentially a good day

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
IMG_3270c.jpg

IMG_3267b.jpg

IMG_3265n.jpg

I wouldn't mind remakes if they looked this much better than the original. All that with no slowdown whatsoever.

Bebpo

Banned
DCharlie said:
You've played TH, HS and DMC4 already?

Actually, now that you mention it, the DMC4 trial in stores graphically and gameplay-wise kicks the crap out of this demo ;P

Speevy

Banned
So do the new visuals make veterans see the game in a whole new light? Or is it "same old, same old." but prettier?

BboyDubC

Tiduz said:
nin2.jpg
nin3.jpg

nin1.jpg

and lastly, head cutting will be in the final game i think:
headcut.jpg

Wow, Ayane looks UGLY now. They should have at least borrowed the DOA4 model for Ayane or even the old Xbox version. Wth did they do to her face??

antiloop

BboyDubC said:
Wow, Ayane looks UGLY now. They should have at least borrowed the DOA4 model for Ayane or even the old Xbox version. Wth did they do to her face??

Her face looks flat and placeholder in some pics. Oh well could have been worse.

chubigans said:
So I cant find the key. Help a Ninja Noob out. :(
did you get the fangs from the bat pit? if yes, go back to the samurai and place them on/in him. he'll release his clasp giving you the key.

Demigod Mac

Yes, quite a bit of jaggies and shimmering at 720p on a 45" Samsung DLP. Learn to texture filter, Team Ninja.

It becomes far less noticeable once you move inside the darker areas.

Other than that, the game is gorgeous.

DCharlie

Banned
Actually, now that you mention it, the DMC4 trial in stores graphically and gameplay-wise kicks the crap out of this demo ;P

well, i'm guessing that has to be a new demo to the one at TGS and on the streets of Aki because i'd have to say - no ****ing way! ;)

ESPECIALLY graphically - DMC4 is a jaggie fest of the highest order (or at least , the prior demo was)

Gameplay wise - same old DMC , i thought the demo was insanely boring - not that this demo is doing too much for me, not played through as the alt character yet but (obviously) it's the same game that Xbots were fapping over X years ago.

*shrug*

Anyways - NGZ is great for those that haven't played the game before.

Bebpo

Banned
DCharlie said:
well, i'm guessing that has to be a new demo to the one at TGS and on the streets of Aki because i'd have to say - no ****ing way! ;)

ESPECIALLY graphically - DMC4 is a jaggie fest of the highest order (or at least , the prior demo was)

Gameplay wise - same old DMC , i thought the demo was insanely boring - not that this demo is doing too much for me, not played through as the alt character yet but (obviously) it's the same game that Xbots were fapping over X years ago.

*shrug*

Anyways - NGZ is great for those that haven't played the game before.

I think the jaggies in the DMC4 stations were from being on shit LCDs. I've seen it running at some places where it didn't look all that jaggy. And lighting, geometry, polygon count, effects are all in DMC4s favor. DMC4 looks like a X360/PS3 gen game, Sigma looks like an Xbox game in HD with some falling leaves.

I dug the gameplay in the DMC4 demo. The devil bringing was quite fun. But yeah, it's same old DMC vs. same old NG here and I'm a much bigger DMC3 gameplay fan, though I do think NG is great.

Sigma will not be worth upgrading for the graphics. It'll be worth upgrading for the new levels, bosses, weapons, rachel, etc... and unfortunately this demo doesn't show much of that beside Rachel and the new sword.

spwolf

again, not so many jaggies there... you can see some, but it is not as noticable as in those Samsung pics. Jaggies are fine... could use better textures of course, but overall it looks better than expected, and is a lot of fun...

FredFish

Bebpo said:
I must be the only one whose having more fun with Rachel than Ryu in this demo.

Ryu is so boring to play as if you've already invested a lot of time in the original, Rachel is fresh and fun!

Her tempo just really threw me off. I'll have to play with her a bit more before making a value judgement. In Tekken terms I was expecting Nina Williams but got one of the Jacks instead if that makes any sense :D

DCharlie

Banned
I think the jaggies in the DMC4 stations were from being on shit LCDs. I've seen it running at some places where it didn't look all that jaggy. And lighting, geometry, polygon count, effects are all in DMC4s favor. DMC4 looks like a X360/PS3 gen game, Sigma looks like an Xbox game in HD with some falling leaves.

well, the DMC4 demos in Tsutaya are all running on Bravia 46X2500's - and they actually made things look worse. It might be that things have been tarted up, but who knows.

To be honest, i thought DMC4 looked like a hires PS2 game - it looks good. At TGS from a distance i was blown away - once i got up close it looked a bit sharper.

but yeah, i guess i do agree - in the end NGZ is an upgraded Xbox game - in the end, DMC4 should have it beaten.

Awntawn

BboyDubC said:

camera angle. as in the real camera. if you look at a TV from a slanted angle it looks flat because, well, TV surfaces are flat.

DCharlie

Banned
any differences between US version and Japanese version (decaps back etc?)

Also - someone has to tell me this :

Riot act (crackdown) is a Z rated game
Onechanbara (X360) is a Z rated game
Ninja Gaiden Z .... is a D rated game...

erm... why?

kuYuri

Did they take out the moves lists for the weapons? I wanted to check out all the moves for the dual swords, but I can't find it. I hope they have the list for the final version at least.

Bebpo

Banned
DCharlie said:
any differences between US version and Japanese version (decaps back etc?)

Also - someone has to tell me this :

Riot act (crackdown) is a Z rated game
Onechanbara (X360) is a Z rated game
Ninja Gaiden Z .... is a D rated game...

erm... why?

It's D because there are no decaps =P

You can cut body parts off in Onechanbara and Crackdown gets a Z because Japanese CERO people have a grudge against Western games.

I dunno why everyone's going on about jaggies. There really isn't a whole lot of painfully noticeable aliasing... now, if you want to talk about shimmery texture, OH BROTHER. The floor outside the base was just horrible. I don't understand why it's so dang hard to add some AF. That's the least of their problems though... no AA, no AF, no precievable HDR, no dynamic lighting (at least for spells, just light maps), no self shadowing, POOR shadows that look like they're made from black construction paper (no penumbra, too dark, well at least they aren't jaggy so that's something), and Ayane looks like her face was used to clean the ninja toilets... still it's a pretty game, but a miserable use of the hardware... I'm honestly pretty sure they just dumped NGB's engine onto the PS3 and went from there.

Maybe I'm just full of it and plain wrong, some dev come and slap some sense into me, please.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
i did decap the alien things with rachel, and as you can see in the screenshot i posted the description says it can be done, if would be really weird if it couldnt be done with hayabusa, i can confirm rachel CAN do it tho.

rod

Banned
i just started playing it, and i think it looks ****ing great. sure it has technical problems like total lack of AF and some aliasing going on and the shadows suck, but it still manages to somehow look gorgeous. day 1 purchase

Station42

downloaded, and since in other posts i sad that it was not so changed from the original, i have to say that graphics is much much better...that's all! :D

Lack of AF?

How can there be a lack of AF when AF is just used to handle the mip-mapping that takes care of shimmering in the first place? If everything is razor sharp close or at a distance, then lack of AF wouldn't be an issue right?

HomerSimpson-Man said:
Lack of AF?

How can there be a lack of AF when AF is just used to handle the mip-mapping that takes care of shimmering in the first place? If everything is razor sharp close or at a distance, then lack of AF wouldn't be an issue right?
There's no mipmapping either...

P.S. I'm hoping I'm crzy and completely wrong, but it sure seems that way.

Top Bottom