• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2: Fighter Pack 1 revealed (Starfire, Red Hood, Subzero announced as DLC)

SpaceWolf

Banned
Whoa. You might be onto something there.

Maybe they clipped off stuff from some of the characters to make it less obvious. Could that be cape/chainless Spawn on Manta's left?

Yeah, I was saying the same thing about Hellboy earlier.

The big, chunky silhouette could possibly be Hellboy. His stone hand would definitely seem to fit.

They might have disguised the character's horns to prevent it from being flagrantly obvious.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Out of all the characters in the DC Universe to make it into Injustice, would they really waste a spot on fucking Azrael?

Ryce

Out of all the characters in the DC Universe to make it into Injustice, would they really waste a spot on fucking Azrael?
I'm not saying it's Azrael for sure, but he's had some recent mainstream exposure with his role in the Arkham series and Gotham TV show, and he fits the aesthetic NRS seems to favor. Like Atrocitus and Scarecrow, he wouldn't feel out of place in Mortal Kombat.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I'm not saying it's Azrael for sure, but he's had some recent mainstream exposure with his role in the Arkham series and Gotham TV show, and he fits the aesthetic NRS seems to favor.

In that case, why not just making him a Damien skin?

Damien has a Batman style moveset and even has a sword.

Raxus

Hope the 'cloaked' female is Chesire.

3-4347.jpg

Bronx-Man

Banned

I'm not saying it's Azrael for sure, but he's had some recent mainstream exposure with his role in the Arkham series and Gotham TV show, and he fits the aesthetic NRS seems to favor.

I get the feeling that their view of the DC Universe is skewed by the Arkhamverse games.

Bang_ScottPilgrim.gif

Might as well just call this shit Batman And Friends Fighting.

Anyways, I'd be interested if one of the guest characters really is Rorschach. How would he even work in a fighting game? What would super be, meat cleavers?

Ryce

In that case, why not just making him a Damien skin?

Damien has a Batman style moveset and even has a sword.
Azrael wears big gauntlets with retractable flaming blades. He could easily have a unique move set centered around that.

Hrr5FzH.jpg

BY2K

Membero Americo
The silhouettes are the same as in the trailer, with two exceptions: Raiden is missing his hat and the third character from the left is completely different.

yTIwT0w.png

I'm starting to think silhouette #3 is Rorschach with the brim of his hat clipped off. It looks a lot like him when added back in.

jfPtJMH.png

Him or Question.

Alienous

Not digging Starfire's look, the face looks odd to me.

Yeah, they really haven't matched the faces well to the characters in a lot of cases.

They're well animated but a lot of them look like people wearing cosplay more than 'Superman, pulled from the page'.

mas8705

Nice to know that NR didn't waste any time showing off the most highly requested characters and shoving them off into the first pack. I think it shouldn't shock anyone that Sub-Zero is in Injustice 2 (especially considering that people thought he was going to be in the first game), while Starfire had a good number of requests. As for Red Hood... Do we really need to explain his inclusion here?

As for the other fighters, part of me feels as though if they put in Raiden on the right side, they are likely to have Scorpion in the character pack on the left side with Black Manta. Don't want to jinx it and say that is what's going to happen, but I can see the theme here being the following:

1 Male character
1 Female character
1 MK character

As such, I wouldn't be shocked to find out if they throw Scorpion in just for the sake of the Scorpion/Sub-Zero rivalry. That said though for my previously mentioned pattern, that does get a bit hard to figure out if we take the left three into account, so that could already be debunked before it was even proposed.

For the other four characters, I honestly didn't see the hat outline, so that could be interesting to see Question or Rorschach get added to the game. Although... I feel like another possible person could be Constantine. After all, he also wears the same attire too, and whose to say that he can't wear a hat in Injustice 2?

Finally for the other man character we see next to "Raiden" had an interesting suggestion, although it is likely to piss off Batman haters: Azrael.

latest

I forgot who suggested it (since I saw it on youtube while looking at reactions), but it is entirely possible that NR could try and push Azrael as a character.

Who knows, but it will be fun to see what the nine additional characters will bring to the game.

I get the feeling that their view of the DC Universe is skewed by the Arkhamverse games.

You wrote that as if you completely forgotten the whole "Arkham transition" part where literally all the Arkham villains from the game take a shot at the hero that passes through there (and scarecrow laying a smackdown too)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNRrjzVgILQ

Basketball

You see what Im talking about

those people saying we should never complain about female faces

look at this

Now everyone wins

Seijuro

As for the other fighters, part of me feels as though if they put in Raiden on the right side, they are likely to have Scorpion in the character pack on the left side with Black Manta. Don't want to jinx it and say that is what's going to happen, but I can see the theme here being the following:

Boon has stated that DLC characters from Injustice 1 won't be DLC in Injustice 2, so that rules out Scorpion.

I hope at least one pack will feature 3 DC chars only.

Santar

Do we know if multiverse will be playable offline?
Would be a shame if we loose if when the servers go down.
All in all the only 1p content we know of as far as I know is story mode, arcade and multiverse, which means when servers go down the game will be pretty bare bones.

mas8705

Just realized something... If there was a big push for Suicide Squad with Deadshot joining in with Harley, whose to say there might not be another inclusion in the form of Katana?

Who knows if they will go down that route, but it is a possibility since you know how much people love to talk about her.
Or quoting her "This is Katana!" introduction line.

True, but I don't think Enchantress is a strong enough character to include IMHO. Joining the wait and see company though...

Given the character/DLC choices of Injustice 1, I don't see how Enchantress would be a bad option.

I mean, IJ1 had Zatanna.
Although I love her VA, Lacey Chabert. ::swoon::

RedHill

Banned
Given the character/DLC choices of Injustice 1, I don't see how Enchantress would be a bad option.

I mean, IJ1 had Zatanna.
You say that like that's a weird inclusion. Zatanna is a staple of DC and had a huge fanbase on top of being featured in various media.

h0mebas3

I mean, IJ1 had Zatanna.

It's definitely plausible. I just think Vixen or Buffy would be better choices specifically since the latter was part of the poll and would potentially appear to a much larger audience.

Doesn't really look like him, the brim of the hat isn't there.
Yeah, the photo earlier on this page looks like Rorschach for sure. But the brim just doesn't look like it's there in this one, or in the video in motion. But still, would love Rorschach for a The Question skin and it seems like a character that would sell a ton.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I've been watching this game from the sidelines and damn; as a Marvel guy this looks more exciting then the upcoming MvsC game.

Gleethor

I would like to point out that MKX's female DLC character (Tanya) also looked like garbage in the announce trailer and was vastly improved by release. Most of the I2 cast have been noticeably improved since their initial reveals as well.

Echoing others: I'm really impressed by the character models and faces, when it seemed like for years that was something they were never going to un-derpify.

Top Bottom