• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2: Fighter Pack 1 revealed (Starfire, Red Hood, Subzero announced as DLC)

bubumiao

I’m thinking the first silhouette might be The Atom. The pose almost perfectly matches a promotional photo, and the silhouette even has shoulder pads, gloves, and a utility belt.

ySBH4WH.png

He’d make a lot of sense, considering he’s the main character of a TV show.

Looks like it, but could be another smaller character.

RootCause

I’m thinking the first silhouette might be The Atom. The pose almost perfectly matches a promotional photo, and the silhouette even has shoulder pads, gloves, and a utility belt.

ySBH4WH.png

He’d make a lot of sense, considering he’s a main character of a TV show.
That's like a perfect fit.

Right, this is the part where you continue to justify your purchase using weird metrics that don't correlate. I've already preordered Injustice, but NRS doesn't get a pass for its bull shit because they have an arcade mode.

SFV came one in FEB 2016. When it's all said and done it'll have a bigger roster than Injustice 2 and all characters would be able to be bought in game. For all of SFV faults, many faults, this is the one area where they beat the shit out of the competition. No preorder characters is a big bonus too.
He js justifying a purchase? Dude, you're the one that's been derailing the thread. Just flat out ridiculous.

Da-Kid

It's both. Here's my reasoning

When DC, the owner of the characters, found out that he intended to kill the Question, along with a number of the other characters, he was asked to make new characters. The Question became Rorschach.
Not sure which one will be a premiere skin but I'm leaning more towards Question being the skin. Don't forget.. they already have his voice actor from Justice League Unlimited, Jeffrey Combs playing Brainiac.

Rorschach and Question are both dark gray characters too. Question is just more memorable.
Obligatory: https://youtu.be/8gh3fdkF0yo

bubumiao

SFV came one in FEB 2016. When it's all said and done it'll have a bigger roster than Injustice 2 and all characters would be able to be bought in game. For all of SFV faults, many faults, this is the one area where they beat the shit out of the competition. No preorder characters is a big bonus too.

I doubt SFV will end up with a higher roster at this point. No preorder characters? You're wrong about that. They said there would be DLC all along (SFV). And the game only launched with 16.

Ya know?

I'd be happy if they started releasing twice as many characters per year instead of stupid costumes every other fuckin week.

sjay1994

Anyone think we might be getting trolled by some of those silhouettes like they did when MKX was in press tours?A good amount of those silhouettes in the roster were fake to throw people off.

I don't think its as likely here because its DLC, but I'd like to be wrong about some of these picks. (As long as Manta is still confirmed, cuz I'd feel pretty shitty if he was a "fake")

sjay1994

I'm thinking the first silhouette might be The Atom. The pose almost perfectly matches a promotional photo, and the silhouette even has shoulder pads, gloves, and a utility belt.

ySBH4WH.png

He'd make a lot of sense, considering he's a main character of a TV show.

Could also easily be

Every pack gets a MK character.

But in all seriousness, that silhouette looks so generic that its hard to determine who it is.

Ryce

Anyone think we might be getting trolled by some of those silhouettes like they did when MKX was in press tours?A good amount of those silhouettes in the roster were fake to throw people off.
The only fake silhouettes I can think of are the obvious joke ones used on the select screen in demos (including a bear, Kitana, Conan O'Brien, and David Bowie). This is different -- this is NRS marketing DLC for a game by intentionally focusing in on the silhouettes at the end of a trailer. It just doesn't make sense to me to use fake silhouettes in this context.

DR2K

Banned
I doubt SFV will end up with a higher roster at this point. No preorder characters? You're wrong about that. They said there would be DLC all along (SFV). And the game only launched with 16.

Ya know?

I'd be happy if they started releasing twice as many characters per year instead of stupid costumes every other fuckin week.

There was no character preorder DLC for SFV, just costumes. So I'm right about this.

The game launched with 16 because it would continue to add characters through out the years. We have 12 so far, 6 each season. Bringing the roster by years end to 28. It will continue this trend of free (in game purchase) content for its entire cycle. Just the facts.

bubumiao

There was no character preorder DLC for SFV, just costumes. So I'm right about this.

The game launched with 16 because it would continue to add characters through out the years. We have 12 so far, 6 each season. Bringing the roster by years end to 28. It will continue this trend of free (in game purchase) content for its entire cycle. Just the facts.

Seems you're splitting hairs since SFV had a season pass which is like the Ultimate Edition in a way. You're right though.

Perineum

Idk much about DC since I am a Marvel guy, but Red Hood looks really cool visually.

Looks like a zoner though so hard pass, but still definitely someone I would pay to play if he wasn't a zoner like Dead Shot.

sinkfla87

Right, this is the part where you continue to justify your purchase using weird metrics that don't correlate. I've already preordered Injustice, but NRS doesn't get a pass for its bull shit because they have an arcade mode.

Lol Wut? How is directly comparing the content of this game to SFV a weird metric when that was your argument and the metric you introduced in the first place? And it's way more than just an Arcade mode lol.

I'm​ not justifying anything because I don't have to (I'll get around to that), the game already has a boatload of content both for singleplayer and multiplayer where as within the litmus test you initiated, SFV doesn't compete. Injustice will have 38 characters by the end of this year so you're probably right in the fact that SFV will have more over time if they continue to develop content for it (which we know they will), but saying that those characters are built from the ground up as if the characters in Injustice are haphazardly thrown together and pointing out that SFV got a free story mode as if there is more value for the consumer/SFV player is disingenuous.

I do agree that the preorder bonus is a little shitty, I've never been a fan of that practice. And yes you can buy characters using FM and I DO like that aspect, but even with those characters included you STILL have less characters than you have at launch for Injustice, and a lot less content overall. They intentionally make earning FM as time consuming and grueling as possible because like any other company they'd rather you spend actual money on them.

16 characters, but they were all made from the ground up. SFV added the SP campaign for free. It also had individual character stories. If you want to paint a false narrative to justify your purchase than go right on ahead. These are just the facts.

This is what you said! You referenced 16 characters (I countered with the roster of I2), you said they added a free story mode (I countered with the details of the campaign of I2), and you mentioned individual character stories (which I countered with individual arcade towers which actually have more than 3 fights). How do those things not correlate?

I play SFV every now and then (not so much anymore since KOF grabbed my attention) so this is honestly not an attempt from me to shit on the game, but I will call people out who act as if Capcom has done some sort of holy wonders for the consumer while the competition is being blasted for "ripping off the consumer through DLC".

If you move your goalposts any further you're going to end up at a tailgate party.

Ryce

HzKrllB.png

I still have no idea who the third character might be. He kind of looks like Rorschach if you give him a hat brim, but he's way too thin and the sleeves don't look right.

Zubz

Banned
Starfire? Awesome! I'm not picking the game up until there's a "All DLC" version, but I'm super jazzed to see her get in.

I was always a Scorpion guy over Sub-Zero, though. I would've been happy with gaming's original Hanzo coming back for a second round of Injustice.
I don't like either one's Injustice design, though

DR2K

Banned
Lol Wut? How is directly comparing the content of this game to SFV a weird metric when that was your argument and the metric you introduced in the first place? And it's way more than just an Arcade mode lol.

I'm​ not justifying anything because I don't have to (I'll get around to that), the game already has a boatload of content both for singleplayer and multiplayer where as within the litmus test you initiated, SFV doesn't compete. Injustice will have 38 characters by the end of this year so you're probably right in the fact that SFV will have more over time if they continue to develop content for it (which we know they will), but saying that those characters are built from the ground up as if the characters in Injustice are haphazardly thrown together and pointing out that SFV got a free story mode as if there is more value for the consumer/SFV player is disingenuous.

I do agree that the preorder bonus is a little shitty, I've never been a fan of that practice. And yes you can buy characters using FM and I DO like that aspect, but even with those characters included you STILL have less characters than you have at launch for Injustice, and a lot less content overall. They intentionally make earning FM as time consuming and grueling as possible because like any other company they'd rather you spend actual money on them.

This is what you said! You referenced 16 characters (I countered with the roster of I2), you said they added a free story mode (I countered with the details of the campaign of I2), and you mentioned individual character stories (which I countered with individual arcade towers which actually have more than 3 fights). How do those things not correlate?

I play SFV every now and then (not so much anymore since KOF grabbed my attention) so this is honestly not an attempt from me to shit on the game, but I will call people out who act as if Capcom has done some sort of holy wonders for the consumer while the competition is being blasted for "ripping off the consumer through DLC".

If you move your goalposts any further you're going to end up at a tailgate party.

I'm not moving goal posts, you are. I'm just stating specifically what each game (more so SFV, since I haven't played I2) has to offer and why one would value the approach Capcom took with DLC characters. It adds up over time.

If you want to rag on SFV for its approach to just about everything else, then by all means continue.

Until then, server closed for maintenance.

sinkfla87

I'm not moving goal posts, you are. I'm just stating specifically what each game (more so SFV, since I haven't played I2) has to offer and why one would value the approach Capcom took with DLC characters. It adds up over time.

If you want to rag on SFV for its approach to just about everything else, then by all means continue.

Until then, server closed for maintenance.

I actually addressed SFV's approach to DLC characters in my post! But you're cherry picking what to acknowledge and what not to. I think your server has been down this whole conversation dude lol.

bubumiao

Dunno if it's already been discussed, but Boon tweeted a slightly different silhouette image

They're just moved around, I'm not sure which is Raiden now. And it looks like his hat is missing. Probably just to make it slightly less obvious.

I think that's Enchantress for sure after seeing the little pic added from her Suicide Squad version.

When I was watching Suicide Squad I thought it'd be cool if she got in the game, but I didn't think she'd actually make it.

Platy

HzKrllB.png

I still have no idea who the third character might be. He kind of looks like Rorschach if you give him a hat brim, but he's still way too thin and the sleeves don't look right.

Dude has a collar without a cape and a don't have a hat

Guy Gardner, Worst Nightwing Costume and Deadman.

MAYBE a Red Tornado redesign

JTCx

Idk much about DC since I am a Marvel guy, but Red Hood looks really cool visually.

Looks like a zoner though so hard pass, but still definitely someone I would pay to play if he wasn't a zoner like Dead Shot.

Red Hood as a character has a more varied skillset than Deadshot. Since he was previously Robin he is skilled in hand to hand as well as firearms. If NRS wants to do him justice they wont turn him into a zoner.

vg260

It's kind of weird he went through the trouble of altering the picture. I'm still bummed that Raiden is even in :(. I doubt that's going to change.

Maybe he didn't, and what he tweeted was an earlier mock up, and it's the other way around? I don't think Boon went out of his way to alter the picture after the trailer. Rather, I think the trailer regrouped the silhouettes and made the middle characters very prominent on purpose to give people two more obvious clues. He would have known the trailer was out by then.

After seeing Boon's really random "Sub-zero and Raiden" tweet from last year that made no sense then, I'm 99.99% certain Raiden and Manta are locks. You can't just tease that recognizable of a character outline and it not be them. I know he trolls, but he often trolls with stuff already set in place, like those polls but makes it look random because stuff needs to be decided way in advance, especially if you need to get voice interaction lines from all the actors. It's much easier to record those for potential DLC characters while they're in the studio. I also refuse to believe it's anything other than the obvious choice of Raiden, because I recall after the first game's DLC leaked at it was supposedly Scorpion, and I refused to believe it, but just set myself up for disappointment by thinking they weren't going to do something that obnoxious. They gotta top themselves somehow.

Based on when he did the non-MK guest polls, I'm confident they're gonna have at least one of those in. I'm 50/50 on the others in the background being placeholders. If they are the actual characters, I think they could have some stuff chopped off to keep them less obvious for now. If none of those end up being a non-MK guest, then that just tells me that they are planning a few more after these, maybe mixed in with some I1 characters.

Really, though, I'm just so sick of this stupid silhouette guessing game that this and both SF are doing when there are people who have already paid for whoever these characters are. It's obnoxious as hell and a waste of all our energy trying to figure out what they already took peoples' money for. Just tell us who they are at least, even if you save the visual reveal until later. UMvC3's characters got leaked by Capcom's own goof, yet people were still dying to see what they looked like in-game.

At least KOF's devs had the decency to not put their DLC up for sale until after they did all the guessing game stuff. Good on them.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Yeah, they should just stop working on new content till after the game is complete... Cmon son

All 3 look badass.

It's not about not working on it, it's about maybe finish advertising the main product before you start advertising the additional content.

Thatsuper

Banned
It's not about not working on it, it's about maybe finish advertising the main product before you start advertising the additional content.

Well if i'm spending 100$ on the Ultimate edition which has the dlc bundled with the main product its nice having a ballpark idea what to expect in the coming months.

Compbros

Really, though, I'm just so sick of this stupid silhouette guessing game that this and both SF are doing when there are people who have already paid for whoever these characters are. It's obnoxious as hell and a waste of all our energy trying to figure out what they already took peoples' money for. Just tell us who they are at least, even if you save the visual reveal until later. UMvC3's characters got leaked by Capcom's own goof, yet people were still dying to see what they looked like in-game.

That's the same as asking for the full roster to be revealed when the game is announced. You have to keep mainstream interest in your game up and the way fighters do that is by teasing characters and reveals. Even UMvC3 still did teasers for reveals after the leak.

Compbros

Advertisement for the main game is essentially done: all characters are revealed, they've gone in depth about gear and abilities, they've done a story trailer, all characters save for about 4 have had breakdowns, there's ads in store at gamestop on their tvs, banners, etc. What more is left to advertise? Soon you'll see commercials during wwe programing or something but the game has sold itself as much as it can at this point.

Edit: double post,smh

sinkfla87

Maybe he didn't, and what he tweeted was an earlier mock up, and it's the other way around? I don't think Boon went out of his way to alter the picture after the trailer. Rather, I think the trailer regrouped the silhouettes and made the middle characters very prominent on purpose to give people two more obvious clues. He would have known the trailer was out by then.

After seeing Boon's really random "Sub-zero and Raiden" tweet from last year that made no sense then, I'm 99.99% certain Raiden and Manta are locks. You can't just tease that recognizable of a character outline and it not be them. I know he trolls, but he often trolls with stuff already set in place, like those polls but makes it look random because stuff needs to be decided way in advance, especially if you need to get voice interaction lines from all the actors. It's much easier to record those for potential DLC characters while they're in the studio. I also refuse to believe it's anything other than the obvious choice of Raiden, because I recall after the first game's DLC leaked at it was supposedly Scorpion, and I refused to believe it, but just set myself up for disappointment by thinking they weren't going to do something that obnoxious. They gotta top themselves somehow.

Based on when he did the non-MK guest polls, I'm confident they're gonna have at least one of those in. I'm 50/50 on the others in the background being placeholders. If they are the actual characters, I think they could have some stuff chopped off to keep them less obvious for now. If none of those end up being a non-MK guest, then that just tells me that they are planning a few more after these, maybe mixed in with some I1 characters.

At least KOF's devs had the decency to not put their DLC up for sale until after they did all the guessing game stuff. Good on them.

It's kind of like what compbros said, really. It's all in the pursuit of keeping the hype train going for the game's duration. Believe me though, I feel and understand your frustration. Originally I was stoked to see the dlc reveal this morning knowing that nothing had been spoiled. Now that we know Raiden is in the game I'm freaking out over how good or bad the other characters are going to be hahaha. I'm super happy we are getting Manta, but I'm depressed that the odds of Constantine making it in are slim and none :(.
The way I look at the value and price of the ultimate edition is basically if you have GCU or prime, you're only spending 20 extra dollars to get 9 more characters and if they follow tradition I expect more free skins and stuff down the line. I hope the girl on the far right is Katana! You going to be online much tonight man?

Edit: Everyone go check out the INJUSTICE Reddit. They're doing some awesome stuff with coaching and bi weekly tournaments. I had to sign up for discord though and my old ass doesn't really like that lol. I've never used discord.

vg260

It's kind of like what compbros said, really. It's all in the pursuit of keeping the hype train going for the game's duration. Believe me though, I feel and understand your frustration. Originally I was stoked to see the dlc reveal this morning knowing that nothing had been spoiled. Now that we know Raiden is in the game I'm freaking out over how good or bad the other characters are going to be hahaha. I'm super happy we are getting Manta, but I'm depressed that the odds of Constantine making it in are slim and none :(.

I get the intent, but still think it's bad form.

sinkfla87

I get the intent, but still think it's bad form.

Hey you're still on the board! :p

I can understand where you're coming from I really do. I mean, it's going to suck if I bought the ultimate and the remaining dlc characters are ones I have no interest in lol. I can't believe Manta actually got in, I honestly thought we weren't going to get him. I'm so happy.

Ryce

g10rR79.png

It's worth noting that an Alien burst out of Baraka's chest in the trailer, and Alien's shape is so distinct that NRS probably didn't want to spoil it. A bunch of people complained about not getting Baraka, so maybe NRS learned their lesson about red herring silhouettes.

Top Bottom