• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2: Fighter Pack 1 revealed (Starfire, Red Hood, Subzero announced as DLC)

bubumiao

g10rR79.png

It's worth noting that an Alien burst out of Baraka's chest in the trailer, and Alien's shape is so distinct that NRS probably didn't want to spoil it. A bunch of people complained about not getting Baraka, so maybe NRS learned their lesson about red herring silhouettes.

I didn't play MKX, but if I did I would have liked to play as Baraka I can see why someone would be pissed if that silhouette didn't turn out to be who it actually belonged to (Alien).

I think there will be 2 seasons :D

Harpoon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8XqiUWr7a8

Skip to 1:25

Basically this dude thinks that the silhouettes in the background Black Manta & Raiden are just premier skins for Aqua Man & Black Adam. The other four silhouettes are just generic placeholders.

Could be that way since they know people don't want guest characters.

Why? Black Manta isn't a guest character, and it's been specifically stated we're getting 9 DLC characters, not 7 DLC characters and two premiere skins.

The mental gymnastics some people do...

bubumiao

Why? Black Manta isn't a guest character, and it's been specifically stated we're getting 9 DLC characters, not 7 DLC characters and two premiere skins.

The mental gymnastics some people do...

Did you watch the video?

What I took from it was that 2 premier skins and the rest would be the other 6. So the other silhouettes were just placeholders. Besides maybe they don't want to just reveal everything all at once. I hope there is another season after this, but I don't think they have all the DLC ready to release soon. Maybe some characters they still haven't decided, who knows?

Gleethor

g10rR79.png

It's worth noting that an Alien burst out of Baraka's chest in the trailer, and Alien's shape is so distinct that NRS probably didn't want to spoil it. A bunch of people complained about not getting Baraka, so maybe NRS learned their lesson about red herring silhouettes.
Who is going to be upset if Raiden isn't actually a character?

I really hope that's not Raiden, one MK guest character was expected as of Scorpion selling the best in Injustice but two is pushing it. If you're gonna have multiple guest characters, at least have the others originate from comic books.

We get it, Boon wants to make MKvsDCU again but actually good.

HykCraft

Neo Member
It just looks like nothing like the source material. But I'm sure it's a work in progress. As she's the only DLC shown with a face.

It's not supposed to look like the source material.. if it was, then it would be all stylized as a cartoon.. NRS always does a hyper realistic look.

Just saw the trailer on youtube, but only sub zero was in title. Seeing Starfire and Red Hood was a nice surprise.

Might buy the GOTY edition when it hits steam in like 2 years. lol

He doesn't wanna repeat DLC from the first Injustice.

Well I don't like this. MKX missed the characters from the previous game eventhough that you fight them in MKX like Baraka, Rain etc.. which were even playable on PC through mods and had full set of moves. MKX Mobile adds all those characters and even characters not available anywhere else. They should really make the console versions of both MX and Injustice 2 as compelte and rich as ther Mobile version.

Ryce

My final final predictions…

EeYzl6k.png

ySBH4WH.png

Because Rorschach is such a big name semi-guest character, I think NRS slightly modified his silhouette to make him less distinguishable.

I’ve spent far too long combing through the DC roster, and I honestly don’t think there are any better fits for those silhouettes.

NEO0MJ

Well I don't like this. MKX missed the characters from the previous game eventhough that you fight them in MKX like Baraka, Rain etc.. which were even playable on PC through mods and had full set of moves. MKX Mobile adds all those characters and even characters not available anywhere else. They should really make the console versions of both MX and Injustice 2 as compelte and rich as ther Mobile version.

Those characters were copied wholesale from MK 9 with barely any changes gameplay and animation wise, no PvP balancing, and lower quality models. They're no where near the level of quality of the playable cast of the game and were put into the game to help flesh out the story and add some variety to the opponent list.

ItIsOkBro

That is sarcasm, right?
-1 mk character is fine, 2 is pushing it

-it's fucking weird to put raiden in a game over static

-raiden (as a character) has really fallen out of favor over the years given his story

so actually i don't think anyone would be truly upset that it's not raiden

he is a edgy batman character that has a costume that mixes old warrior stuff with new tech and swords that lost his batman job because he was too violent

Dude is basicaly a netherealm character already
They also seem to pull Batman characters mostly from the Arkham series.

Which had Azrael in it.

It could be a drastic redesign of Etrigan. But it fits too well with Azrael.

Ryce

It's really easy to give Azrael a unique move set with only a couple of minutes of thought. I'm sure NRS would do a much better job if he were to be playable.

He'd fight mainly with the retractable blades hidden in his gauntlets, sort of like Decapre from Street Fighter. He'd have the fiery Sword of Sin attached to his back, which he'd pull out for certain moves.

Special Moves:
  • Rapid fiery blade jabs, similar to Decapre
  • Some kind of spinning blade slash, leaving behind a fire trail
  • Skewer throw using his gauntlet blades
  • Air dive with his blades out, similar to Cheetah or Alex in Street Fighter
  • Ground sword thrust similar to Ike's Eruption in Smash Bros.
  • Swings his sword along the ground, releasing a wave of fire
Character Power: his gauntlet blades are on fire for a short while, enhancing any attack that uses them

Supermove: he uses the Sword of Sin to force the opponent to confess their sins, similar to Ghost Rider's Penance Store

i suck at fighting games but always seem to buy netherealm games day 1

it's just something about these games that give me that Xmas morning sensation..

weird, i know.

Plus how can anyone not get excited for D.C stuff?

EeYzl6k.png

ySBH4WH.png

Because Rorschach is such a big name semi-guest character, I think NRS slightly modified his silhouette to make him less distinguishable.

I’ve spent far too long combing through the DC roster, and I honestly don’t think there are any better fits for those silhouettes.

You're a genius

giphy.gif

Ryce

Who the hell was asking for Azrael if that is him?
Not every character inclusion is a popular fan request (Batgirl, Zod, Bo' Rai Cho, Leatherface, et cetera). If Azrael ends up in the game then maybe someone at NRS just really likes him. He also has a visual design that will probably appeal to many NRS fans.

NastyBook

It's both. Here's my reasoning

Not sure which one will be a premiere skin but I'm leaning more towards Question being the skin. Don't forget.. they already have his voice actor from Justice League Unlimited, Jeffrey Combs playing Brainiac.

Rorschach and Question are both dark gray characters too. Question is just more memorable.
Obligatory: https://youtu.be/8gh3fdkF0yo
Combs on double duty. Definitely needs to be Question, just for the interactions between him and the League.

Numb

EeYzl6k.png

ySBH4WH.png

giphy.gif

Really cool, but man...this game reminds me of how little exposure I've had to the depths of the DC universe. I only recognize like half of these characters in general and only 1 of these DLC Pack1 characters.

vg260

My final final predictions...

EeYzl6k.png

Yup. This looks very likely to me.

I don't think they are trying to misrepresent any of them by making them look like a character they are obviously not. This is supposed to be a high visibility video that they've put up on YouTube and distributed. It's going to get millions of views. It's an official reveal video not a just a one-off Boon Twitter goof, so I think people thinking that these are fake outs are not considering the potential fallout if they pull a bait-and-switch for such a high-profile promotional video.

The one that looks dead-on for Azrael really doesn't seem like it could be misinterpreted for anything else. So I'd say him, Manta, and Raiden are locks. Enchantress and Rorschach seem like pretty good matches. I'm very inclined to believe if the character silhouettes are altered in any way, what's there is accurate, but part of the models are just cut off or not shown like the Rorschach hat. I think they probably toyed with this per the image Boon posted, but for the final video decided just to go ahead and make Raiden obvious.

The only one I'm still iffy on is the Atom. The Atom seems like a very odd choice for a NRS game where they don't do a lot of crazy stuff with character sizes. Could be super boring without it. Even though that matches the pose of that promo shot pretty well, I don't think it's impossible that it could be Spawn's body without the flourishes or even someone else. I should probably just expect the Atom, though.

Also, if this is accurate, I except more DLC based on the polls he put up on Twitter where he teases Constantine, Spawn, and returning characters.

I personally refuse to believe that at Netherrealm Studios there are big enough fans -- with development clout -- of: 1.) Michael Lane Azrael 2.) Enchantress from the Suicide Squad movie and 3.) the Iron Man clone CW version of The Atom

I probably wont buy any of the dlc anyways so whatever haha. Fine with the base game

vg260

I personally refuse to believe that at Netherrealm Studios there are big enough fans -- with development clout -- of: 1.) Michael Lane Azrael 2.) Enchantress from the Suicide Squad movie and 3.) the Iron Man clone CW version of The Atom

I see what you're saying, but I totally believe it if there's going to be another wave. Especially after thinking there was no way the Injustice 1 DLC was actually going to be Batgirl, Zod, Lobo, and Scorpion as the leak suggested.

Honestly, I feel like even with this DLC, they've mostly exhausted the most recognizable DC figures to the mass audience, and are already into the deep cuts.

I'm pretty satisfied by the base roster, having Starfire and Black Manta is just gravy.

That said, I am kind of hoping that the far right silhouette turns out to be Cheshire. If it is the Enchantress, then that's also cool. That's my only hope for the remaining DLC roster, everybody else can be whomever.

Numb

Really cool, but man...this game reminds me of how little exposure I've had to the depths of the DC universe. I only recognize like half of these characters in general and only 1 of these DLC Pack1 characters.

only exposed to tv/cartoon/movies and blind with comics
Seems mostly enough tho

Ryce

The only one I'm still iffy on is the Atom. The Atom seems like a very odd choice for a NRS game where they don't do a lot of crazy stuff with character sizes. Could be super boring without it. Even though that matches the pose of that promo shot pretty well, I don't think it's impossible that it could be Spawn's body without the flourishes or even someone else. I should probably just expect the Atom, though.
I can't quite articulate the movements, but I can fairly easily envision an NRS-style Atom move set in my head, making heavy use of the grow/shrink afterimage effect. He could have a teleport punch where he quickly shrinks down to the point of invisibility and reemerges behind the opponent at full size, delivering an uppercut. He could also have a quick shrink projectile evasion move. I imagine a Raging Demon style throw where he shrinks down and hits the opponent in various pressure points, with the opponent reacting to each hit as though they're being blindsided by an invisible force. He could even leap up off screen and come crashing down as a giant foot.

Enchantress is the main villain of a major movie and Atom is a principal character in a live action TV show, so I wouldn't find either of them too surprising as actual character choices. Azrael is a bit more obscure than those two, but even he featured prominently in a Gotham TV storyline and in the Arkham games.

so this is the lightened version of what the version Ed tweeted
5AWxBfU.jpg

starting to think theres a slim chance that between sub zero and starfire is Constantine with out trench coat

6TWCHed.jpg

Top Bottom