• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

When you go to load file, how many files are there? Do they all say prologue?

A few others. They're all at the end of the game. I quit the game and restarted it, but it still says prologue. I've started another game on grounded mode on a new save file right now to see if that fixes it. If all else fails, at least I'll be able to start with the new game plus glitch so I don't have to play through it on grounded mode three times.

Not really in it for the graphics. I'm happy they'll be nicer though that's for sure.

We always talk about voting with our wallet, and to me The Last of Us deserves my money, again.

MavFan619

Banned
Honestly I'll say it again I've read so many times how a game like this doesn't "need" 60Fps but that's still the upgrade along with native 1080p that I wanted most. So I'll take it and I'll love it, if I get better foliage and higher res jean textures that's cool too but the game looked great on my PS3 as it was, minus resolution, and fps dips.

Bundy

Banned
Fuck Ocarina of Time, this will be the greatest game I have ever played in the whole history of mankind!!

If this game is not the greatest of all time I will blame a few people in this room and that, that I will not forgive.

Good, but what you have to do, to really "feel" the game:
- play it at least on "hard" (shut up and do it!)
- listen mode OFF

And then start the game!
Atmosphere = f+cking amazing!

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Just came across this on twitter.. from someone who's not seen the original PS3 version , is this remastered quality?

Possible Spoilers
It's japan, so probably. The interesting sequence is the one that people laugh about with Joel's face and chest hair, because that is not pre-rendered.

Not trying to start a war here, but I think it's because of skill.

The big annual MP games, CoD, BF, both FPS are simple. Now, I'm not saying those games are easy, by any means they're not, but the concept is just... Simple, is the only word that I can think of to describe those games. Where as in TLoU MP is more complicated. One person cannot take on the entire enemy team as it happens in CoD and BF. Teamwork is expected to have a successful match.

Just because a game has a higher learning curve doesn't mean it can't be exempted from being popular. Games like LoL or DOTA2 comes into mind; because it's all about getting the players a "grounded" stance to escalate from thereof. TLOU's multi treats both new and veteran players alike equally thus it has become an elimination process among the players.

I'm pretty sure the multiplayer would have better reception with bots, more customizable options that ease new players into the game and then have dedicated modes for veterans.

goonergaz

This is what it looks like

3093n.jpg

..sorry it's so small, this host won't let me upload bigger unless I upgrade to premium lol

As stated - see if you can load a save file.

If the save file is gone - do you have PS+? If so re-download from the cloud.

The only other thing I can think of is that the version is different...ie US to UK, maybe even physical disk to digital version can mean the save won't be seen.

Andrew.

Banned
I've got a confession... I never played TLoU MP. I always just assumed it would be a letdown after the stellar single-player.

It's all good. Out of the dozen or so times I've played through the story, I've never once touched MP. There's just no interest there for me.

I've got a confession... I never played TLoU MP. I always just assumed it would be a letdown after the stellar single-player.

I tried it once and never went back; the general consensus here is that I missed out. Just seemed like a really slow TPS MP. When I tried Uncharted2/3 MP I immediately enjoyed them.

Whats so good about the mp? I never played it. Need more hype on this here train!! Choo choo!

Small teams, 4v4. It forces teams to work together and makes the game extremely tactical when it comes to combat.

Stealth is huge. Not running around and crouching behind enemy lines is probably the best feeling ever when you toss a molitov and kill two guys at once. Aiming takes skill, recoil is huge and you need to time shots out to get proper hits. It only takes a few shots to down someone also.

Most weapons are semi auto. Automatic weapons are expensive and inaccurate when doing anything more than burst shots, and ammo costs a ton.

Papacheeks

Banned
Anyone Know why they are keeping screenshots, video footage from coming out? The game comes out at the end of this month.

I want to see how the game playing in multiplayer, unless there is planned dates for unveiling?

quickwhips

You're in for a major treat when this comes out.

Easily top five multiplayer from the last generation.

What were the other 4?

Anyone Know why they are keeping screenshots, video footage from coming out? The game comes out at the end of this month.

I want to see how the game playing in multiplayer, unless there is planned dates for unveiling?

We should be getting something this week I doubt it will be multiplayer since PS Fans seem to hate multiplayer in general.

I played it a few times and thought it was one of the most boring things I've ever experienced.

I never thought The Last of Us needed a multi-player component. Some kind of Resident Evil 4 mercenaries mode with a "How long can you survive?" twist would of been a better fit I think.

Do you even multiplayer bro?

Xav

I played it a few times and thought it was one of the most boring things I've ever experienced.

I never thought The Last of Us needed a multi-player component. Some kind of Resident Evil 4 mercenaries mode with a "How long can you survive?" twist would of been a better fit I think.

GravyButt

Small teams, 4v4. It forces teams to work together and makes the game extremely tactical when it comes to combat.

Stealth is huge. Not running around and crouching behind enemy lines is probably the best feeling ever when you toss a molitov and kill two guys at once. Aiming takes skill, recoil is huge and you need to time shots out to get proper hits. It only takes a few shots to down someone also.

Most weapons are semi auto. Automatic weapons are expensive and inaccurate when doing anything more than burst shots, and ammo costs a ton.

That sounds like some good fun to me, thanks man.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member

ibmZnJWJHACgTO.gif

How dare you

JB1981

Yea, no. The multiplayer is amazing.

I played the MP for about three hours, liked it, but never went back.

I redownloaded the PS3 version of TLOU last night, I may jump into the MP for a bit before the remaster comes out just to get a feel for it

Yup, I would've loved a "Horde Mode" MP aspect of TLOU. Would've been all over trying that out.

Made a thread about it awhile back too (shortly after it released)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=638923
yea, I could definitely be into that...
like the cabin show-down w/ ellie when she is alone in the snow and comes across homeboy at the sawmill or whatever and they get over run for a while by an onslaught of infected.

Ajax35

Banned
I can't believe how pumped I am for this game. I got the platinum last year so it's not like it's fresh or anything, but I can't wait to dive back in. Never thought I'd be this excited over a port.

kaskade

My 2c on the graphics: from the (disappointingly little) we've seen of actual rendered footage, the port seems more about taking advantage of the PS4's to render The Last of Us generally as we know it with greater clarity and performance. Not online someone playing on a somewhat dated PC, doing an upgrade, and then being able to crank up the resolution, texture quality, filtering, etc. It is, in many ways, the same base game, but the increase in processing power allows for a natural increase in rendering resolution, the use of higher quality assets made during production, better filtering on shadows/aliasing etc, and of course improved average framerate.

It is a true "HD port" in the same way that a lot of lot of PS2->PS3 games were, and provides the best "experience" for the given assets and their made quality.

The difference between TLoU: Remastered and something like, say, Wind Waker HD or Halo 2: Anniversary is that the latter seem to involve more drastic overhauls of rendering systems and/or assets that more closely constitute a "remake" instead of a HD port. Wind Waker reused most assets from the GCN build, touched up textures, but completely overhauled the lighting/shadow engine (for better or worse) that on a technical level accomplishes stuff that was never in the original build (like ambient occlusions). Halo 2: Anniversary is a new engine and totally new assets, even if mechanically the base game plays the same way.

Some of this may be true for TLoU: Remastered and we just haven't seen it yet, but I tend to look at this port less like the above two examples and more like Resident Evil 4. Improvements have been made, some artistically others through nature evolution of technology, but it's not a true remake or asset/engine overhaul like some ports/remakes have. It's taking the base assets and rendering of The Last of Us and dialing all these qualities up to better suit the PS4 hardware. That is an improvement and will be a clear one when playing, and TLoU already looked outstanding on the PS3, but expecting a massive, full "next generation" graphical showpiece is perhaps a bit unrealistic.

You pretty much nailed it. I think seeing the game at 1080p with the increases in AA and whatever else they are doing is going to make the game great. To me that is really what was holding back the game visually.

Either way I'm excited to play the game again.

My 2c on the graphics: from the (disappointingly little) we've seen of actual rendered footage, the port seems more about taking advantage of the PS4's to render The Last of Us generally as we know it with greater clarity and performance. Not online someone playing on a somewhat dated PC, doing an upgrade, and then being able to crank up the resolution, texture quality, filtering, etc. It is, in many ways, the same base game, but the increase in processing power allows for a natural increase in rendering resolution, the use of higher quality assets made during production, better filtering on shadows/aliasing etc, and of course improved average framerate.

It is a true "HD port" in the same way that a lot of lot of PS2->PS3 games were, and provides the best "experience" for the given assets and their made quality.

The difference between TLoU: Remastered and something like, say, Wind Waker HD or Halo 2: Anniversary is that the latter seem to involve more drastic overhauls of rendering systems and/or assets that more closely constitute a "remake" instead of a HD port. Wind Waker reused most assets from the GCN build, touched up textures, but completely overhauled the lighting/shadow engine (for better or worse) that on a technical level accomplishes stuff that was never in the original build (like ambient occlusions). Halo 2: Anniversary is a new engine and totally new assets, even if mechanically the base game plays the same way.

Some of this may be true for TLoU: Remastered and we just haven't seen it yet, but I tend to look at this port less like the above two examples and more like Resident Evil 4. Improvements have been made, some artistically others through nature evolution of technology, but it's not a true remake or asset/engine overhaul like some ports/remakes have. It's taking the base assets and rendering of The Last of Us and dialing all these qualities up to better suit the PS4 hardware. That is an improvement and will be a clear one when playing, and TLoU already looked outstanding on the PS3, but expecting a massive, full "next generation" graphical showpiece is perhaps a bit unrealistic.

The great thing also, is that it doesn't have to be a "remake". The updates alone are enough to kick it up to "next-gen" quality.

Anyone know a release date for this in Japan? It will be interesting to see how it does. The ps3 version did fairly well for a western game.

Just a reminder for anyone in the UK wanting to buy a physical copy but wanted to wait until the price drops a little, Gamestiop UK still have it listed for £29.97.

Foshy

The price on the swiss store is seriously great and reasonable. Wish all games would follow this conversion rate. Vita games already do, but PS3 and PS4 are usually overpriced (unless they're on sale)

€45 on PSN.

That is actually lower then Amazon and WAAAAY lower then retail which is still charging over 60.

Might actually get that. Will wait a bit and see if Amazon uk goes lower first.

bombshell

The PS3 version released digitally at £39.99, too.

But this is a much better deal as it also includes all of the DLC.

I didn't know what UK price the PS3 version launched at, but that's strange that it was same price.

The PS4 version is up for preorder for 359 DKK, while the PS3 vanilla version's price currently is 469 DKK (lol)

That's what I meant by much cheaper than I expected.

Top Bottom