• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Mickey all encompassing info thread. First direct feed shots, London event.

WOW. Never thought Disney would do exclusives.

Cover art looks totally different than what we have seen as rumored art so far.

Bookmark this page for all thing Epic Mickey - http://gameinformer.com/mag/mickey.aspx

New information coming on:

October 5th
Warren Spector and the Disney Collection COMING TODAY AT 4PM CST

October 9th
October 12th
October 15th
October 19th
October 23rd
October 26th
October 28th

cory

Banned
It would be nice if my avatar popped up, but I don't think we'll be seeing many non-Mickeyverse characters. I'm super excited for this game, though.
A non-Kingdom Hearts Disney Universe game would amazing.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, gonna need to buy component cables now.

youzen

The cover art/concept art is awesome (like the rest of the art), but I'll wait until I see the actually game running on the Nintendo Wii... I wonder how much they are gonna show since it's not coming out until Fall 2010?

Sadist

EmCeeGramr said:
Thinking about it... isn't this like, the first "AAA" third-party Wii game? Like, it's not a spinoff, it's being developed by serious talent instead of a B-team, its publisher and IP will no doubt ensure it will be well advertised, and from what little we know it'll contain "core" elements but still take advantage of the Wii. The only other example I can think of is Monster Hunter 3.

Anyway, artwork looks beautiful. Can't wait for screens and details.
As in first big WESTERN third party title? Yes.

And damn that art is amazing. Can't wait for screenshots.

Why does anyone assume that stylized graphics (which surely will be present in this title) are going to look soo much worse on the Wii? They won't be HD, but they can still look great.

Hatersgonnahate indeed..

Mashing

If the Wii has proved one thing by now, is that it is proficient at outputting stylized art on screen. How many of the Wii's best games are stylized? Quite a few I'd be willing to venture.

oh well, i don't own a wii so blah i was excited about this game from all the art work. I had hope they develop a very strong visual story but on the wii =( there art direction and art has to do all the heavy lifting to get it right.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Aw, looks like it's going the opposite way that I was hoping. That is, playing as forgotten characters and taking down Mickey.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I know very little about Mickey outside of Fantasia, but what I do know doesn't really seem all that interesting. Mickey was never a huge part of my childhood so there's no nostalgia, and as a character he seems largely uninteresting.

But I'm interested based on the gushing here. Plus the art is pretty cool.

2evenev.jpg

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Mashing said:
If the Wii has proved one thing by now, is that it is proficient at outputting stylized art on screen. How many of the Wii's best games are stylized? Quite a few I'd be willing to venture.
Red steel is not stylized. I don't know what youre talking about. Unless you are confusing stylized with gangstaized.

JoeFu

Banned
I still don't get how a game being on a specific console will make you lose interest in it. If you love GAMES then who the heck cares what system it's on. I will never get this attitude.

GhaleonQ

mattp said:
wait the actual name of this game is "epic mickey"? :\

No.

...Probably not.

......Would they?

Honestly, it's probably 1 part of the painfully long revelation process.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Davidion said:
Great that it's coming, to the wii no less, but...

Epic Mickey? They're actually going to go with that name?

i'm 90% sure that no game will hit shelves with the name EPIC MICKEY. it's still more than a year out, and i expect a name change by e3.

EatChildren said:
I know very little about Mickey outside of Fantasia, but what I do know doesn't really seem all that interesting. Mickey was never a huge part of my childhood so there's no nostalgia, and as a character he seems largely uninteresting.

But I'm interested based on the gushing here. Plus the art is pretty cool.

I'm the same way, except I've never even seen Fantasia, so I know nothing about anything Disney. I'm interested in this game because, well, its fantastical look and interesting (rumored) premise and the fact that it is on top of an action game intrigues me. Maybe it is a bad comparison to make, but this game excites me for similar reasons as Alice did. Alice is a 3rd person platformer (maybe shooter... it was on the Quake 3 engine) that had really out-there visuals and fantastical environments, and it was also pretty dark.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
mickey as a character really never was that interesting. he was sort of a straight man to react to all the really zany characters around him, e.g., goofy, donald, pluto, etc.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Hero of Legend said:
I think it's obvious from the concept art and this cover art that the tone may be just a taaaaaaaaaaaaad too dark for young kids. :p
How?

Just because it's "dark" doesn't mean kids can't enjoy something.

Top Bottom