• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War on PC...

shagg_187 said:
I think they did... It says "E3 Montage" so they took it down...

Anyone who has the window open, can they save it and youtube it?
No it's not. I just opened that link. It's still there.

4qx4son.png

Watch MS make a big freakin' deal out of this during their press conference and bore everyone to tears. No one cares. Either give us Gears 2 or don't waste anybody's time during your show by talking about this for 5 minutes.

Foil

The link still works for me. Hope this extra content gets added to the 360 version.

Looks great.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
None of the links work for me, and if I knew where Firefox stored the temp files, I'd dig it up...

As a Gears fanatic, I really, really hope Epic puts this on the 360 somehow...

KTallguy

Banned
FormulaOne said:
Microsoft: Looks good, be sure to make it Vista only

Epic: No

I pray that this is true.

I wonder if there will be cross platform play?

There are achievements in the video, so it's obvious that Live for Windows is implemented.

Greg

Skilotonn said:
None of the links work for me, and if I knew where Firefox stored the temp files, I'd dig it up...

As a Gears fanatic, I really, really hope Epic puts this on the 360 somehow...
Didn't work for me in firefox, but it worked in IE to download, and it worked if I pasted the link into a media player.

I hope they're gonna completely re-balance the game. The sniper with mouse aiming will be completely invincible as it is right now.

FFChris

Wario64 said:
WTF EPIC, YOU INCLUDED THE BOSS IN THE PC VERSION!? WTF

What the hell Epic. You take out the best looking boss in the entire game for the 360, and leave it in for the PC. Waaa!

PC > 360. Confirmed.

bumpkin

Well, even Cliffy has said that they were under the gun to get it done and out for the holiday. Odds are, they didn't have the time they needed to tweak the boss fight to perfection.

No question I'll snag this as DLC if they make it available.

Bebpo

Banned
I hope that means E3's big surprise is single player DLC up next week for the X360 one.

If they don't do DLC and just re-release an "SE" edition that you have to rebuy with all the PC stuff....I would be mad.

Some of the movement looks like its with a gamepad, either 360 or the 360 pad through Windows. Either way I hope it comes to 360, cant wait for more gears stuff!

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
The symbols all show it's being played with a pad but I suppose that doesn't mean much since you can use the pad with windows. I hope this is DLC for 360 as well.

alu

Wario64 said:
What programs allows you to make a gif from WMVs? ulead doesn't like the video

You could use virtual dub, which allows you to cut the video and output image sequences.

Looks great. The boss fight with the brumak should be awesome. GoW on 360 was lacking in the "battling giant monsters" department.

duckroll

I wouldn't be worried. Epic know how to handle their fanbase. It'll be PC version with extras out of the box + DLC for XBL. There's no other way around it.

Haunted

uh oh, Mark MacD is getting an angry phone call from Mark Rein right now. :/

game looks good, but that GfW Live achievement popping up ruined it for me. Vista only confirmed.

justjohn

duckroll said:
I wouldn't be worried. Epic know how to handle their fanbase. It'll be PC version with extras out of the box + DLC for XBL. There's no other way around it.
yes but would it be pc version with only vista. thats what i wanna know

Muppet345

Epic seems pretty determined to support what is currently the flagship 360 game. I imagine we'll get it as DLC. If we have to pay for it, though, I'm going to shit in their mouth.

Looks just like the 360 version + a new boss. Hopefully those who haven't played it yet will get a good quality PC port (which I don't doubt from Epic).

KTallguy said:
I pray that this is true.

I wonder if there will be cross platform play?

There are achievements in the video, so it's obvious that Live for Windows is implemented.

Not a good sign. PC Achievements = Vista

bumpkin

RiskyChris said:
Holy shit, that worked in IE.

Edit: WOW @ 60fps HOLY ****ING CRAP
Part of me wonders if the 60fps is due to DX10, or if a patch could bump the 360 release up to 60fps (thanks to tweaks/improvements to UE3).

Top Bottom