• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Alan Wake Trailer, coming May 2010

TehSw1tch said:
Whoa, didn't even know that. Thanks!

I hope they didn't completely scrap the sandbox elements. I've been looking foward to exploring Alan Wake for years. The beautiful world they created. I hope the game isn't completely linear now with just episodes. I hope we can free roam a little bit and talk to people at least.

I wonder if there are still vehicles?

VindicatorZ said:
I hope they didn't completely scrap the sandbox elements. I've been looking foward to exploring Alan Wake for years. The beautiful world they created. I hope the game isn't completely linear now with just episodes. I hope we can free roam a little bit and talk to people at least.

Wait, I thought the world was still very open, but the goals were such that you still were highly directed and focused inside of it. Vehicles, I thought, were a huge part of just being able to keep up with the game's frantic pace and very deliberate objectives. Unless something changed in the last few months or something.

May? That's good news. While I'm not one of the crowd worshipping this game, I am very interested in it, and if they reviews come in hot, I'll be picking it up. May isn't so far off.

GCX

VindicatorZ said:

There was a driving section in E3 (?) demo.

They decided to go for more strictly scripted and linear gameplay since it proved to be really hard to do a thriller with ever-lasting tension and terror with sandbox gameplay.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
MirageDwarf said:
Alan Wake Limited Edition

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/88/53/70/08/0088537008528_500X500.jpg[]

Hardbound in quality linen, the Limited Collector’s edition is designed to resemble a hardcover book. The Limited Collector's Edition will include:
# Game Disc in box with unique art
[B]# Exclusive In-Game Audio Commentary[/B] and Hints by Remedy
[B]# “The Alan Wake Files” – a 144pg book that includes a short story written by Alan Wake and compiles the FBI dossiers investigating the events in Bright Falls, WA[/B]
[B]# Exclusive Audio Disc with Soundtrack and Score[/B]
# Game Add-on token redeemable on Xbox LIVE for the first Alan Wake add-on content pack
# Exclusive Xbox disc with special content: Alan Wake Xbox Live Theme and Alan Wake Avatar for Xbox LIVE[/QUOTE]

damn , I guess I will change my pre order from the regular edition to CE.

Dogenzaka

Banned
The trailer was great!!

It's the only 360 exclusive I'm looking forward to this year, so it better be good.

The light gameplay mechanics seem really dumb to me, though. I hope there's more to the game than Luigi's Mansion flashlight exploration.

And I hope the story isn't too supernatural. Remember what happened to Indigo Prophecy.

Vinci

Danish
Limited Edition looks awesome, but... sadly I wasn't impressed by the game's demo, so I'll probably just rent it.

Lime

no pc no buy etc.

Seriously, I can't justify paying full price for this game on 360, knowing I will get a better experience (as in higher resolution and so on) playing it on PC. I've always played the Remedy games on a PC and I hope to continue doing so. I can't imagine Remedy *not* releasing this on PC some time in the future.

edit: @ Mendelevium

:lol what are the chances?

Lime said:
no pc no buy etc.

Seriously, I can't justify paying full price for this game on 360, knowing I will get a better experience (as in higher resolution and so on) playing it on PC. I've always played the Remedy games on a PC and I hope to continue doing so. I can't imagine Remedy *not* releasing this on PC some time in the future.

Alan Wait..

Keikoku

Banned
Dogenzaka said:
The trailer was great!!

It's the only 360 exclusive I'm looking forward to this year, so it better be good.

The light gameplay mechanics seem really dumb to me, though. I hope there's more to the game than Luigi's Mansion flashlight exploration.

And I hope the story isn't too supernatural. Remember what happened to Indigo Prophecy.

IP was shitty because its gameplay was terrible. It was supposed to be a polar and it had supernatural bullshit in it. AW is nothing like that. It has actual gameplay mechanics and the supernatural stuff had been announced for a while.

surly

Banned
Darkflight said:
That's how you do a limited edition, commentary, a goddamn 144 pg. book, the soundtrack and the score and the first add-on - the UK better get this

Edit: Seems it is getting it - http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0037W6M28/
Thanks for the link mate! I just pre-ordered it. £40.99 is a great price considering the regular version will probably be £32-£40 in most places.

Dogenzaka

Banned
Keikoku said:
IP was shitty because its gameplay was terrible. It was supposed to be a polar and it had supernatural bullshit in it. AW is nothing like that. It has actual gameplay mechanics and the supernatural stuff had been announced for a while.

I thought everyone figured IP would have supernatural stuff since its name is Indigo Prophecy.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Buttonbasher said:
Excited for Splinter Cell, Reach, and Wake.

Excited for Reach, Super SFIV and Wake. The rest is kinda ho hum to me.

Dogenzaka said:
I thought everyone figured IP would have supernatural stuff since its name is Indigo Prophecy.

First, I'm not sure how prophecy equates to supernatural. Second, the game was only called Indigo prophecy in the US.

Majmun

May
be
2010?

God, I can't wait for this game. One of my most wanted 2010 games.
The trailer looks awesome.

MMaRsu

Banned
Lime said:
no pc no buy etc.

edit: @ Mendelevium

:lol what are the chances?

Just like Gears 2 and Fable 2 right?

wizword

Banned
Did they completely scrap the daylight system? Everything shown was in the nighttime again since e3 2009. Looks amazing graphically. It really eeks the twin peaks mixed with lost feeling.

BeeDog

One of the few 360 games that I personally find to look like a total must-have. The new trailer was awesome :D

Yoboman

Ok we get it your name is Alan, you're a writer

I'd love to see something new in these trailers soon???

thetrin said:
Excited for Reach, Super SFIV and Wake. The rest is kinda ho hum to me.
Yeah. It's weird that I'm not interested in Crackdown 2, given how much time I spent with the first one. I just wish it wasn't the same city. :\

MacBosse

Lime said:
no pc no buy etc.

Seriously, I can't justify paying full price for this game on 360, knowing I will get a better experience (as in higher resolution and so on) playing it on PC.

Yeah not playing it at all sure is the "better experience".

PC or ah fuck it I'll buy you alan wake but i won't be happy being fucked out of ten dollars to play it at below native res of my monitor. But i'm willing to take it up the ass just this once cause you were so good the last two times. you get one freebie,
am not gay just consolecurious

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
wizword said:
Did they completely scrap the daylight system? Everything shown was in the nighttime again since e3 2009.

I guess so , since it's now focus on the flashlight , and wasn't that day time system one of their old ideas with the old open world concept back in 2005 ? I think they removed it when they went to more cinematic with episodic narrative style.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
TehSw1tch said:
I swear to god the town was called something different in earlier trailers.
I don't think so. The earliest Wikipedia revision I found (May '05) already has "Bright Falls" there.

Well, there's versions before that with "Pride Falls". Probably misheard.

MirageDwarf said:
Alan Wake Limited Edition

0088537008528_500X500.jpg

Hardbound in quality linen, the Limited Collector’s edition is designed to resemble a hardcover book. The Limited Collector's Edition will include:
# Game Disc in box with unique art
# Exclusive In-Game Audio Commentary and Hints by Remedy
# “The Alan Wake Files” – a 144pg book that includes a short story written by Alan Wake and compiles the FBI dossiers investigating the events in Bright Falls, WA
# Exclusive Audio Disc with Soundtrack and Score
# Game Add-on token redeemable on Xbox LIVE for the first Alan Wake add-on content pack
# Exclusive Xbox disc with special content: Alan Wake Xbox Live Theme and Alan Wake Avatar for Xbox LIVE

Hell yes.
This will be the first LE I have ever purchased. GOTY 2010 mark my words people.

darkwings

Banned
GCX said:
There was a driving section in E3 (?) demo.

They decided to go for more strictly scripted and linear gameplay since it proved to be really hard to do a thriller with ever-lasting tension and terror with sandbox gameplay.

that sounds very disappointing. Right now it does not look any special at all.

Any reason the LE isn't listed on Amazon for the US? Will I have to go through Wal Mart for my copy? Seems like an LE thats actually worth it, but I'd rather get it through Amazon or even Best Buy...

649378547f66cfbf22eacca.jpg

pringles

The voice-acting sounds pretty bad which is disappointing, but other than that it's still one of my most anticipated games.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
TheLegendary said:
Any reason the LE isn't listed on Amazon for the US? Will I have to go through Wal Mart for my copy? Seems like an LE thats actually worth it, but I'd rather get it through Amazon or even Best Buy...

649378547f66cfbf22eacca.jpg
^ amazing .

and yeah , I hope it's not exclusive to one retailer or something lame like this.

Top Bottom