• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham Origins: "Cold, Cold Heart" DLC Announced

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
They flat out said they're not fixing game breaking bugs because they're doing DLC. Honestly, fuck them. I refuse to buy this.

They put out five patches. It's not like they just released the game and walked away. I think this studio deserves a little slack.

Just my opinion. I'll buy this DLC Day One. The only thing I wish they could add that is impossible is Michael Ansara.

£7.99 in the UK (release date is April 23rd, as expected)

z9Svhay.jpg

And a really good look at the new suit...

tVzqA8L.jpg

And some info from the WB forum.

- The DLC takes place shortly after the events of arkham origins (New year's eve)

- The DLC goes for about as long as the harley quinns revenge dlc (about 2 to 3 hours)

- We will get to play as bruce wayne sometime during this dlc

- We will get to explore wayne manor (only for this dlc)

- Batman will get a new suit called the Extreme Environment suit (XE suit)

- Batmans new gadgets include the Thermal Gloves and Thermocharged batarangs

- Batman will make his way through icy landscapes

- Batman will need to break people free from being frozen in ice

- This is batmans first encounter with Mr Freeze

- The DLC will cost $9.99 (if you have the season pass it is free)

- The release date is April 22

Really excited that we'll finally be able to explore Wayne Manor.

lol wtf.

please tell me they redid his freeflow animations for this... or otherwise it would look ridiculous with him flying around in this setup.

stn

I bought the season pass on sale. Still, if I had known about WB deciding not to patch the game-breaking bugs I'd have never bought the pass.

Applebite

I more or less quit AO right before the Firefly fight because I got so tired of how monotonous, repetitious and generally just uninspired the game felt (imo) in comparison to previous iterations. Still, I do love Mr. Freeze - do we have any reassurance that this won't just be a half-baked rehash of the AC Mr. Freeze fight with little to no story? If that isn't the case, I might suck it up and beat the AO campaign.

So, basically, you'll get to punch out Mr. Freeze.

Hopefully they include a predator map with this, so you can actually finish your dark knight challenges.

Chariot

Wow, seriously? Damn, I bought the season pass for €5 during the sale last week. That's what I call a good deal.
So, we're no at the point where people are happy that a Season Pass contains actual DLCs?
The BAO SP is especialy dissappointing. Two short story DLCs but mainly a handful of skins.
5 Euro are alright, but I am shocked that you bought it without knowing that it contains more than skins and a short DLC.

I more or less quit AO right before the Firefly fight because I got so tired of how monotonous, repetitious and generally just uninspired the game felt (imo) in comparison to previous iterations.

You almost finished the Game. Maybe 45 minutes left after that fight.

I didnt really think it was uninspired though. It is just almost exactly the same like Arkham City. The one thing I just didnt like about Origins is, that there are almost no memorable places. In AC you had the Iceberg Lounge e.g. or this Wonderland. In Origins no area is really memorable.

Fantasmo

Same length as Harley's Revenge?

Developers just don't get it. If there's no meat, it's not really worth it. 8-10 hours for $15 is a steal, but ~2-3 hours isn't even worth it to reinstall.
I mean I bought the Pass but it was $5. If I got this news first I wouldn't have even bothered.

Dishonored, Episodes 1 & 2, now that was quality DLC.

Eusis

Developers just don't get it. If there's no meat, it's not really worth it. 8-10 hours for $15 is a steal, but ~2-3 hours isn't even worth it to reinstall.
I mean I bought the Pass but it was $5. If I got this news first I wouldn't have even bothered.

Dishonored, Episodes 1 & 2, now that was quality DLC.
I complained that Microsoft fucked this all up. Well, I doubt they can really be solely to blame, but they do seem to have (had?) some pricing policies for Xbox 360 content that shaped the current DLC situation that personally makes it highly unpalatable without sales going on. Not that there's much hard evidence, but noticed how rarely $5 DLC like that showed up, or that many games had DLC be $7 that was free or at least cheaper elsewhere, initially anyway? If Microsoft had allowed more freedom, even if it wasn't the iOS extreme of "do whatever the hell you want" I do think we'd more often see this stuff priced appropriately, like effectively getting it for $5 via buying the season pass.

FourMyle

You're right about that.

May I recommend you rewatch this instead

sXET6Kw.jpg

rsTjtjJ.jpg

:)

Tansut

I plan on getting that Initiation DLC and this.

Should I get the season pass instead though? Is there anything that's going to make it worth the extra couple bucks later on?

bumpkin

So with the DLC out of the way, does that mean they're going to go back and work on a patch to fix broken stuff?

Hey, a guy can dream.

Jesus Christ, look at his chest. Did they get Rob Liefeld to design the suit?

And he can still free-form in that thing? C'mon, WB. Should have made this a stealth only affair.

ZeroX03

Banned
Any idea when it's supposed to go live? It's not on the Steam store yet (though I have the season pass). There was a big patch a few days ago too, to get ready for it presumably. \

Spaghetti

boycotting this over the 'we're not fixing our game, fuck off and buy the dlc instead' issue.

honestly, looking at the gameplay video i don't think i'm missing a lot.

What are those gamebreaking bugs you people speak about? I'm playing the game at the moment and i'm kinda scared to run into one of them?

Sojgat

boycotting this over the 'we're not fixing our game, fuck off and buy the dlc instead' issue.

honestly, looking at the gameplay video i don't think i'm missing a lot.

You are. It's the best Arkham game IMO. I say this as someone who has encountered just about every bug it has to offer. Even lost my save near launch. WB have patched the game a number of times since then, it's not like they just told everyone to get fucked and never bothered to fix anything.

erawsd

You are. It's the best Arkham game IMO. I say this as someone who has encountered just about every bug it has to offer. Even lost my save near launch. WB have patched the game a number of times since then, it's not like they just told everyone to get fucked and never bothered to fix anything.

Eh, its an ok game but I'd say anyone thats on the fence is better off waiting on a sale or a special edition with everything packed in at this point. It has already been on sale twice for $10, I'm sure itll happen again.

Eh, its an ok game but I'd say anyone thats on the fence is better off waiting on a sale or a special edition with everything packed in at this point. It has already been on sale twice for $10, I'm sure itll happen again.

Since WB Games was willing to go all next-gen with Arkham Knight, I wonder if there's any chance we get some kind of Remastered/Definitive Edition for the PS4/X1?

Top Bottom