• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFamous releasing May 26th

Nightz

N30RYU said:
If you aren't showing the disc or something more, to me it's only a promotional box.

35b9ufr.jpg

281bsxt.jpg

1196qdy.jpg

Edit: I got it from a magical fairy!

Goldrusher

So basically the person you got that copy from is a leak ?
She could be the one responsible for getting PSP games into the torrent circuit.

Anyway, SCEA better release this week's pre-order demo for everyone.

Wollan

He/She did you this favor and this is how you repay him/her. :(
It's obviously very wrong from a company perspective but he/she did this for the people (and his/her personal pocket). You will be cutting your arm when the next 1st party title comes around.

Nightz

Wollan said:
She did you this favor and this is how you repay her. :(
It's obviously very wrong from a company perspective but she did this for the people (and her personal pocket). You will be cutting your arm when the next 1st party title comes around.
Fine fine I edited my post. :(

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
god damn it, why would you out the seller's profile like that!?

edit: you've seen the error of your ways. ;)

Nightz

panda21 said:
so... enough getting people fired... impressions???

have they made the run animation less irritating?
The run animation doesn't really bother me, but it does look a little weird. I didn't get much of a chance to play the game and I'm headed to work right now, so I'll play and post more impressions tonight.

<3 duckroll. My savior!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
well yeah, technically he's allowed to post his source

but some of us don't want to see someone get their job compromised over something so trivial.

and yeah, reposting the info was really admirable of you. you're a real class act.

panda21 said:
have they made the run animation less irritating?
What's the metric for that? With something so subjective you're better off making your own assessment. You could start by checking out the interview posted on the previous page.

Goldrusher said:
Empathy doesn't appear to be your strong suit.

Goldrusher

endlessflood said:
Empathy doesn't appear to be your strong suit.
Empathy ? Nightz got a game early, brags about it, posts multiple pics. Empathy ? No.
Then there's the SCEA employee who thinks it's fine to sell games 3 weeks before the release date on f*cking craigslist. Empathy ? No. Leaks like that deserve to be fired.

NIN90

Goldrusher said:
Empathy ? Nightz got a game early, brags about it, posts multiple pics. Empathy ? No.
Then there's the SCEA employee who thinks it's fine to sell games 3 weeks before the release date on f*cking craigslist. Empathy ? No. Leaks like that deserve to be fired.

You're one noble white knight.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Goldrusher said:
you don't even understand what you're saying

Goldrusher

Well, according to some here, I guess that's normal ? And we should all pray to God she keeps her job. So she can put her copies of the Uncharted and Ratchet & Clank sequels on craigslist too.

People seem very quick to pass judgement over somebody they don't know in a situation they don't completely understand. What did the seller sign prior to being given a copy of a game? Don't know? Then how can you possibly argue that they should be fired? Really, what sort of person would argue for someone to be fired without knowing who they are or even if they've done anything wrong?

In terms of empathy, Nightz edited his post and to me the respectful thing to do is to similarly refrain from quoting something which he has later decided shouldn't have been posted. That's simply good message board etiquette; I would afford anyone the same privilege and hope that it would similarly be afforded to me. It's disappointing to see others who don't feel the same way. Very disappointing.

Nightz got a game early, brags about it, posts multiple pics.
Didn't know it was a crime to be a proud game owner. A quick heads up for GAF: you're in the firing line apparently.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Goldrusher said:
Well, according to some here, I guess that's normal ? And we should all pray to God she keeps her job. So she can put her copies of the Uncharted and Ratchet & Clank sequels on craigslist too.

Finally you understand

Goldrusher said:

I get a lot of games early because of the fact that I work in the industry and I usually don't post pics of them (well... a few exceptions like getting killzone 2 five weeks early haha)...

... but I'll make sure that I'll PM you pics of every single game I get early from now on. I want some of your bitter tears.

In all seriousness, grow up.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
So a Sony employee sells a game early and it's ok? Not that the person should be fired but that is a no no. Goldrusher is not being out of line by what he said. The user here was better off not even mentioning his source knowing the position the seller was in. Just keep that stuff to yourself.

Nothing wrong with Nightz buying it. But the source should just be kept mum. It's a matter of fact, not really hating on the employee as a person but the bottom line is that you lose trust in people when they do that. This is an industry that is bent on keeping secrets and such without breaking embargoes and red tape. If you have employees who do this kind of stuff that is not good.

Loudninja said:
This pleases me.

cjtiger300 said:
Spit it out Nightz, where did you get it?
Let it go.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
A request for those who have it. Can you get a picture of the art on the inside of the box when the disk and manual aren't in there?

panda21

LiquidMetal14 said:
So a Sony employee sells a game early and it's ok? Not that the person should be fired but that is a no no. Goldrusher is not being out of line by what he said. The user here was better off not even mentioning his source knowing the position the seller was in. Just keep that stuff to yourself.

we dont even know is sony told them they werent allowed to sell them, i would just assume its wiser to err on the side of caution just in case, because at the end of the day its just a videogame and not worth getting someone fired over.

its not like this is releasing some enormous trade secret or something, its just a game and preview versions are probably also with journalists right now. how can this harm sony in any way?!

RoboPlato said:
A request for those who have it. Can you get a picture of the art on the inside of the box when the disk and manual aren't in there?
And while you're at it, could you let us know if the game is any good? :D

Snowden

Banned
Goldrusher said:
Its just a video game you friendless moron. Get out of the basement once in a while and you might meet the right people to get you early releases.

But that would require you to be more than a miserable piece of shit so it's really a lost cause!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I don't really understand Sony street dating the game a month after stores receive it. What's the point? Push it closer to the mad rush of games coming out?

Guled

Looks like Canada doesn't get demo codes, having pre-order exclusive demos has to be one of the dumbest things Sony has done
Y2Kev said:
I don't really understand Sony street dating the game a month after stores receive it. What's the point? Push it closer to the mad rush of games coming out?
I dont think stores have it, it was someone from Sony who sold a copy on craiglist
iceatcs said:
Aye :/

But that LA event seem it's more SCEA event rather than whole Sony tho. I know Jeff have refereed it while ago but maybe mistook?

I dunno if there will be pre-E3 for SCEE area one but near all their titles are missing in action but many are have not yet name.
Heavy Rain was at the event but its embargoed until E3

iceatcs

SolidSnakex said:
No Heavy Rain though. :/
Aye :/

But that LA event seem it's more SCEA event rather than whole Sony tho. I know Jeff have refereed it while ago but maybe mistook?

I dunno if there will be pre-E3 for SCEE area one but near all their titles are missing in action but many are have not yet name.

Y2Kev said:

If there are more cases of it releasing early, I'm sure Sony would release it early. I know LittleBigPlanet got a legal early release after a lot of it's copies were sold early.

Top Bottom