• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN reveals SOME Revolution specs!

Chrono said:

For as long as I can remember, Nintendo systems have been about one thing: FUN. If you think that will change with the Revolution, then you're mistaken.

It may not have HOLY SHIT LOOK @ THAT stuff, but it'll have games you simply can't put down. I guarantee it. :)

Amir0x

Banned
citrus lump said:
For as long as I can remember, Nintendo systems have been about one thing: FUN. If you think that will change with the Revolution, then you're mistaken.

It may not have HOLY SHIT LOOK @ THAT stuff, but it'll have games you simply can't put down. I guarantee it. :)

But so is PS3 and 360 about fun. They're just about fun IN ADDITION to the amazing graphics. Which contributes to my fun!

They can do both.
They can do both.

Amir0x said:
But so is PS3 and 360 about fun. They're just about fun IN ADDITION to the amazing graphics. Which contributes to my fun!

They can do both.
They can do both.

I suppose so, but if Nintendo is gonna survive, they'll have to cut costs somewhere. If someone wants the latest in graphics, buy a PS3. And then 2 months after that launches go buy the latest PC card.

You can have both, but as far as we know Sony and Microsoft aren't offering both either. (as far as graphics and new ways to play goes)

Pimpbaa said:
I didn't ignore it. The conflicting info about the GPU is pissing me off. Some are saying it's just the GC's GPU overclocked and ATI is saying it's a new chip.

See the thing GPU is that its kind of shrouded in secrecy similar to how the Revmote itself was. Nintendo purposely withheld any info about the controller until they were ready to show it, particularly at a time when they could put it in the hands of devs and the gaming media. The showing of a image to the gaming media wouldn't have done them justice.

Looking at what IGN posted 03/29/06, is pretty vague. Now if Nintendo shows you the specs, you immediately get what occured yesterday when IGN article went up. Many reacted negatively, myself included. Developers seemed to me to have yet obtained Hollywood hardware, or any significant documentation. If so they wouldn't have to guess at whether or not it will have pixel shader technology. No pixel pipeline numbers, all they seem to have is a CPU, memory and clock rates. They can't even provide benchmarks.

My question to those who have some background in game development, is what can be accomplished with a faster CPU, 64MB of additional memory but faster, and the flipper chipset? This is after you have been told that final hardware would have the Hollywood GPU running at 249Mhz(subject to change)?

ElyrionX

Personally, I don't think I really want to see Nintendo die but at least it would shut up all the Nintards.

God, this thread is long....

pcostabel

Gold Member
Amir0x said:

They can do both.
They can do both.

Well, let's put it this way: if Rev was comparable to the other consoles, the majority of third party games would be simply ports of the PS3/X360 version with little or no use of the revmote. By making the console so weak, Nintendo forces developers to design games specifically for the platform. People that want traditional games will get the other consoles anyway, so there is no point for Nintendo to try to appeal to them.
Most Nintendo games don't really need photorealistic graphics anyway. I don't see how Mario/Pokemon/Pikmin would be improved by normal mapping and SSS. I guess Zelda and Metroid could use some more graphics oomph, but personally I am perfectly happy with the look of Zelda:TWW (I actually bought a GameCube just for it) and I'd rather Nintendo kept the same style for future Zelda games. Cel shading and non photorealistic rendering don't necessary need super poweful graphic chips to look good. The only game genre that would work great on Rev and that requires powerful HW is FPS, but let's not kid ourselves: FPS fans will get a 360 anyway. For me, Revolution will be a perfect complement to my PS3. And as a developer, the challenge of making games for a comparatively weak platform is actually stimulating. If Revolution devkits are cheap, I might just get one to develop my own side project. The revmote is perfect for point and click adventures, a genre that I love and that has been sadly forgotten this generation.

Speevy

Banned
The revmote is perfect for point and click adventures, a genre that I love and that has been sadly forgotten this generation.

That's because the genre helped shape pretty much every other kind of adventure or RPG.

I don't see how Mario/Pokemon/Pikmin would be improved by normal mapping and SSS. I

Have you seen the greenery generator in Oblivion? Imagine something like that in the Pikmin universe.

making the console so weak, Nintendo forces developers to design games specifically for the platform.

Yeah, Nintendo forcing things on developers. That always works out well. And anyway, most games are mediocre. Just because a game uses the Revmote doesn't mean it's a great idea. But what's guaranteed is that it won't look as good as it could with a more powerful system behind it.

Monk said:
I dont know what to feel. I dont want to buy the Rev, but Chrono trigger and many other games compell me. :(

Wait. Let me get this straight. Youre not interested in getting a Rev for the unique and new control scheme but rather a game that was released like 12 years ago using traditional conrtol and a fraction of the power?

Monk

Banned
Scalemail Ted said:
Wait. Let me get this straight. Youre not interested in getting a Rev for the unique and new control scheme but rather a game that was released like 12 years ago using traditional conrtol and a fraction of the power?

Yes. The price of chrono trigger these days is probably the same cost of a revolution console. :(

Speevy

Banned
Scalemail Ted said:

Going back. Moving forward. It's all the same. Revolution.

Speevy

Banned
Monk said:
You are not funny.

Granted. New console to play Chrono Trigger however...

Scaleman Ted has a point. The controller should be the big draw here, not just the old games. Otherwise you're only getting a portion of the value. Like Xbox 360 without even touching Xbox Live.

Monk

Banned
Terrible, it kills the gameplay. But i just looked it up. $31 just for the cart. I might buy it, but ebay is kinda risky considering that you may get a cart that barely works.

Chrono said:
they didn't, iirc they said something like it's not a pc card or something.

aonuma said in that interview that revolution is gamecube with new interactivity.

this is just disgusting. just because they're not going the high-end route doesn't mean they have to release this gamecube turbo. revmote can't cost too much more than a wavebird otherwe nintendo's entire plan of a cheap console goes out the window with a ~$70-100 controller peripheral.

nintendo better have some ground-breaking concepts at e3. not just ground-breaking games, CONCEPTS. it has to be a REVOLUTION, as they're saying. i'm not holding my breath though. looking at phantom hourglass with the touch controls after all that bs by aonuma about zelda using the touch screen like no other game did just jolted me out of any rev anticipation. it doesn't help that just a few months ago that ead producer said they're still EXPERIMENTING. and with $^@#@ cooking games too. miyamoto said they're making mario jump by pointing and clicking... basically mario with a MOUSE. mario for retarded non-gamers traumatized by normal controllers.

we'll see at e3. right now i'm thinking i'll end up with a rev 5 years from with the 4-5 games that'll make it worth it. 360 doesn't interest me at all. ps3 is looking like it's going to be my main and probably only next-gen console.

Thats nice. Have you played The Phantom Hourgalss? Has the market accepted touch-screen focused games like Nintendogs, Wario Ware, Animal Crossing, and Metroid? I think so.

.....you'd be excited if it weren't for the graphics. Your just angry at everything now.

For me, if I can fire up an online game of SSB online at launch with some cool, easy controls and some beefed up graphics and options, I'll be as happy as a bee with Rev.

lancubap

TheKingsCrown said:
If I could tell the world just one thing
It would be that Nintendo's ok
And not to worry because worry is wasteful
and useless with Revmotes like these

Revolution will not be made useless
It won't be idled with despair
It will gather itself around Revmote
for motion does the boomerang most fear

Its graphics are small, I know,
but realistic Link gives me a bone
and I will never be boneless

Graphics stole your common sense
but they didn't steal your gameplay
And graphics-age came to visit you
but i knew it wouldn't after E3

We will fight, not out of spite
for someone must stand up to spread Revo's light
cause where there's a console with betterer graphics
our Revmotes shall go a swinging

In the end only gameplay matters
In the end only gameplay matters
I will get down in front of my Revmote and I will pray
I will get down in front of my Revmote and I will pray

Its graphics are small I know,
and I am never boneless

Its graphics are small, i know,
and I am never boneless

Nintendo fans am never broken
We are Nintendo's eyes
Nintendo's hands
Nintendo's mind
We are Nintendo's eyes
Nintendo's hands
Nintendo's heart
We are Nintendo's eyes
Nintendo's hands
Nintendo's eyes

Revmotes are our hands
Revmotes are Nintendo's heart
Revmotes are Nintendo's Mind

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Amir0x

Banned
pcostabel said:
Well, let's put it this way: if Rev was comparable to the other consoles, the majority of third party games would be simply ports of the PS3/X360 version with little or no use of the revmote. By making the console so weak, Nintendo forces developers to design games specifically for the platform. People that want traditional games will get the other consoles anyway, so there is no point for Nintendo to try to appeal to them.

So, let me get this right. It's a good thing that Nintendo Revolution is drastically underpowered, because if it wasn't it would just get ports and nobody would do anything new/unique for Revolution?

Sounds about right. :|

pcostabel said:
Most Nintendo games don't really need photorealistic graphics anyway. I don't see how Mario/Pokemon/Pikmin would be improved by normal mapping and SSS. I guess Zelda and Metroid could use some more graphics oomph, but personally I am perfectly happy with the look of Zelda:TWW (I actually bought a GameCube just for it) and I'd rather Nintendo kept the same style for future Zelda games. Cel shading and non photorealistic rendering don't necessary need super poweful graphic chips to look good. The only game genre that would work great on Rev and that requires powerful HW is FPS, but let's not kid ourselves: FPS fans will get a 360 anyway. For me, Revolution will be a perfect complement to my PS3. And as a developer, the challenge of making games for a comparatively weak platform is actually stimulating. If Revolution devkits are cheap, I might just get one to develop my own side project. The revmote is perfect for point and click adventures, a genre that I love and that has been sadly forgotten this generation.

That's really nice about most Nintendo games, but they're just one "little" company that happens to make awesome games. Without other companies that specialize in other types of games, the system is just going to be a Nintendo generator which basically means it'll be garbage that only a select few people on Earth can appreciate. Gamecube was a step up from what had happened during N64, god forbid a scenario like that occurred again.

There a trillion games that can use the extra power to do all sorts of cool shit. Heck, the added power can even be used to provide interesting applications in conjunction with revmote. It's just a poor excuse. Nintendo can make what they want, and that's fine. But they should have added more power. Note: That doesn't mean Revolution won't be an extremely successful system. "Should have" just means the system will always suffer for it, in my eyes. Which is all that matters.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Amir0x said:
"Should have" just means the system will always suffer for it, in my eyes. Which is all that matters.
Get over it, you're not part of Nintendo's target anymore. People who can't appreciate Mario Kart on DS because it hurts their eyes or Revolution games because they are under powered aren't the ones Nintendo are looking after. Fortunately you don't need to rely on Nintendo to get your videogame fix: it's not as if x360, PS3 and PCs didn't exist.

Monk

Banned
Amir0x said:
There a trillion games that can use the extra power to do all sorts of cool shit. Heck, the added power can even be used to provide interesting applications in conjunction with revmote. It's just a poor excuse. Nintendo can make what they want, and that's fine. But they should have added more power. Note: That doesn't mean Revolution won't be an extremely successful system. "Should have" just means the system will always suffer for it, in my eyes. Which is all that matters.

But for the market that they are aiming at it is quite reasonable. But on this point, I really don't think that this will be good as an, as Reggie says an "and system". But most *cough* honest people are going to buy it anyway, even though they are getting ripped off.

In reality Nintendo can't have both, non-gamers need it to be cheap, we(gamers) need it to be powerful. Nintendo has chosen to go after the non gamers and try and ween them into gaming. Sadly for us Nintendo fans, it will be the dark ages as far as good original games are concerned.

marc^o^

Monk said:
In reality Nintendo can't have both, non-gamers need it to be cheap, we(gamers) need it to be powerful.
No. it's your view only. All gamers don't NEED it to be powerful. They may just need it to be fun, cheap, original, addicting, ..., just like the underpowered DS can please gamers, just like the PC Engine could please gamers vs computers, etc.

Amir0x

Banned
marc^o^ said:
Get over it, you're not part of Nintendo's target anymore. People who can't appreciate Mario Kart on DS because it hurts their eyes or Revolution games because they are under powered aren't the ones Nintendo are looking after. Fortunately you don't need to rely on Nintendo to get your videogame fix: it's not as if x360, PS3 and PCs didn't exist.

The airtight world of non-arguments.

Thanks for the revelation, marc^o^. I'll be over here in "noshitville."

Monk said:
But for the market that they are aiming at it is quite reasonable. But on this point, I really don't think that this will be good as an, as Reggie says an "and system". But most *cough* honest people are going to buy it anyway, even though they are getting ripped off.

What is quite reasonable? What market are they aiming at? You think "non-gamers" and "grandmas" don't care about graphics? That's about as valid an assertion as grandmas wanting to play videogames at all (alt: or that they were just 'waiting' until there was innovation or less buttons. The Japanese market has really stupified some people, I think)! Nobody knows, or at least we can't make anything other than silly anecdotal judgments.

And I don't know what you're implying by "most honest people", or whatever.

Also, how come when we get into these discussions it always inevitably seeps into how viable it is for some phantom audience that nobody gives a shit about except Nintendo? Why would I be playing games for them? Why would I discuss about what you personally want from a console from their perspective?

Monk said:
In reality Nintendo can't have both, non-gamers need it to be cheap, we(gamers) need it to be powerful. Nintendo has chosen to go after the non gamers and try and ween them into gaming. Sadly for us Nintendo fans, it will be the dark ages as far as good original games are concerned.

It just sounds like an excuse. PS2/PSOne/N64/Xbox/Gamecube got plenty of "non-gamers" to play, as far as I can see. At least there certainly were plenty of people who did not buy videogames before, and who ended up buying them after them. Does this compute to some untapped market that is foaming? Well, you know, certainly in Japan it seems that there's oil to be tapped. But regardless, it's a market that can be tapped WITHOUT ridiculous concessions. You can have a relatively cheap, innovative console and still deliver ample power.

The only people buying the propaganda, essentially, are those who are hook, lined and sinkered with Nintendo's every word. You can be disappointed with their decision and still like Nintendo games.

Ponn

Banned
Monk said:

Hey, maybe when I mention this same thing I won't be lambasted by the Nintendo conglomerate anymore.

nahhhhh:lol

everything except the whole "dark ages for good original games" thing. I think this is a very key and important point to the Revolution's success. If Nintendo listens to it's fans on message boards it will die, quickly. So far most of the suggestions from fans have pretty much been games we already know but with the controller function slapped on and that will just not work after awhile. The majority of their titles NEED to be fresh, original ideas and inventing almost whole new genres with the controller in mind. If they don't do that then all you will really be playing is the same games we've played on the Gamecube with a little boost in graphics and with a new controller. I know some (well, truthfully pretty much all) the Nintendo fans would "settle" for that just to support their favorite company but I know I wouldn't.

marc^o^ said:
No. it's your view only. All gamers don't NEED it to be powerful. They may just need it to be fun, cheap, original, addicting, ..., just like the underpowered DS can please gamers, just like the PC Engine could please gamers vs computers, etc.

In your case the ONLY thing you need is the word Nintendo on the package to buy it. And i'm sure when you read that sentence you will think thats a positive and spin it to make it seem so.

Amir0x

Banned
Ronok said:
Holy crap........ This thread is 28 pages long. o_O Could someone please give me a brief rundown of what happened? lol

The only important information is on page 1 of this thread. Every other page since is just discussing the implication of the specs.

Amir0x said:
So, let me get this right. It's a good thing that Nintendo Revolution is drastically underpowered, because if it wasn't it would just get ports and nobody would do anything new/unique for Revolution?

Sounds about right. :|

That's really nice about most Nintendo games, but they're just one "little" company that happens to make awesome games. Without other companies that specialize in other types of games, the system is just going to be a Nintendo generator which because means it'll be garbage that only a select few people on Earth can appreciate. Gamecube was a step up from what had happened during N64, god forbid a scenario like that occurred again.

I have to disagree with your statement pertaining to the Revmote as an excuse. Anyone who knows a little bit about business strategy and operations knows that if Nintendo were to create a monster console AND attempt to create shocking new gameplay innovations they would be doing something called "straddling". For a decade or more, this industry has been about two things: getting the best graphics to showcase for all the graphic-whores who will buy your game no matter what and creating a gameplay experience that will cause people to obsessively buy your game.

I'll give you two examples of games that sold a lot on these philosophies: Doom 3 = Graphics example; Grant Theft Auto 3 = Gameplay example.

Doom 3's gameplay was not 5 generations ahead by any means but it sold pretty damn well on its prettyness if I'm not mistaken (or, at least, everyone wanted to play it and pirated it in response!).

Grand Theft Auto 3's gameplay was exactly what the mainstream player wanted, but I would hardly say that it catered to hardcore graphics whores:

b_3.jpg

Yet, somehow, it managed to sell stunning numbers and take the United States by storm because it was ahead of its time. The same could be said for Resident Evil 4, because while its pretty for console standards, I really think the gameplay/horror/cinematic elements coming together are what make that game ahead of its time.

Now back to my point. For a developer of a console to make a console that addresses both of these strategies efficiently is very, very difficult. I think it is obvious where the differences between the Revolution and the Playstation 3/Xbox 360 come up. The latter are designed to give the end user one thing that he definitely wants, the most advanced technological interface available in modernity. And I think the 360 and the PS3 especially are very good at doing that and will sell for that reason (although let's hear PS3's price first, it needs to be below $450 I think).

The Revolution, however, is designed to specifically address the gameplay issues of videogames that have come up. How many less people purchased the Grand Theft Auto for the PSP just because it was Grand Theft Auto? GTA3 was a game that SERIOUSLY sold PS2's to people, I will tell you without a doubt. I worked in Electronics Boutique during the time of its release, and I won't tell you how many hundreds of thousands of dollars of PS2's I sold to people just so they could play GTA3. One could argue that PSP is too much of a barrier for people to grab GTA because its a handheld with a high price point, but I think the real reason is the gameplay is now old and its no longer worth it to people. This is what Nintendo has chosen to address, the gameplay issue. Theoretically, all their games should sell a lot of copies based on what you can do in them, your freedom of movement. If that doesn't happen, Nintendo's got it wrong, but I wouldn't count their errors before E3.

Finally, explaining why it is impossible for Nintendo or for Sony/MSFT to go both routes is that in business, "straddling" is equivalent to doing activities which are not within one's best set of activities. I will agree that Sony and MSFT have some good game studios up their sleeve that definitely edit gameplay in good ways, but I would find it hard pressed to agree with an argument that Nintendo still isn't the best at innovation in gameplay mechanics, be it new technology or whatnot. They are the people that made Super Mario 64, the people the showed how an analog could be perfect for 3D games, rumble pack, etc. Its what Nintendo does best, and the GameCube itself I think shows that tech prowess isn't what Nintendo does best.

There have been a million studies on what is called "straddling". Nintendo creating a console that is both ridiculously high powered and Nintendo researching what could be amazing technology that pushes the whole industry forward at the same time would be straddling. One example of straddling that has occurred was when United Airlines (I believe it was them) tried to copy Southwest's low-cost strategy in the U.S. market and failed miserably, because UA was better at offering airline perks and their customers knew them for that, and Southwest was perfect at low cost. A company simply cannot straddle safely. It has to dive head-on into whatever is the root of its strength.

Thus, I think your post that Nintendo should be able to offer its consumers both does not fall within the lines of rational business expectation. I bet you Sony's new Boomerang controller will try to show that it has some cool aspects to it at E3, but I bet you it won't be done nearly as well as the Revmote. These are two entirely different strategies to reach the same end: users. I think that up until now technology has won over more users on average than gameplay, so I think Sony definitely had it damn right the past two generations. But unless, Amirox, you are a fortune teller and can predict the trends of the upcoming years, I feel it is impossible to predict which avenue will see the most explosive growth in the upcoming generation. If I had to place my bet, I think the gameplay portion has the potential for more growth, although I don't think it would be a knockout punch by any means.

If you are a person who absolutely requires technological amazement in your console and don't accept the two routes philosophy, then you won't buy Revolution. But there are millions of game boy advance users/Nintendo DS users that clearly don't necessarily care about tech power that will disagree with you, and millions more tech geeks to disagree with them. I do not know that I know of any company which has tackled both innovation in core technology and advancement of cutting-edge technology at the same time. If you can point one out, however, go ahead.

marc^o^

Ponn01 said:
In your case the ONLY thing you need is the word Nintendo on the package to buy it. And i'm sure when you read that sentence you will think thats a positive and spin it to make it seem so.
A bit childish, dear Mr Nintendo hater. We've been more constructive than this on this thread.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
:lol at this topic, I started reading it from the start, but it became all a bit predictable so I stopped reading after a few pages. I suppose the general consensus is that it’s underpowered, even the most die-hard Nintendo fans are admitting this.

Well my take on this is Nintendo hasn’t anything to lose, because they already are losing install-base every generation, NES>SNES>N64>GC, so if they are going to take the same path again you will get somewhere around 10 million units worldwide with the Revolution. So I suppose this pushed them towards a new direction with the innovative controller thing.
But if you cut to the chase then you will see that nobody and I mean not a single person on this planet can predict if this will be a success or not. So I am going to be totally clichéd here and say ”only time will tell” if this low-spec innovative driven console will have a positive place in the history of gaming.

Well personally I think Nintendo is being pretty lame here, I think the new controller is lame, I think (and apparently it’s factual proven here) that the specs of the machine are beyond lame. And the whole DS comparison is pretty stupid, because this being a home console we expect some sort of progress in the graphic department, whereas apparently the graphics on portables are less important. Anyway it will be interesting to see how this will turn out.

marc^o^

Ponn01 said:
I notice you didn't say I was wrong:lol
You were wrong, I didn't buy the nes (used to be a sega whore), and quickly sold my GC with disappointment. I love the DS though, and Nintendo's new philosophy with Revolution resonates with my likings. Does it automatically make me a N-Bot for a Nintendo hater?

Amir0x

Banned
TheKingsCrown said:
I have to disagree with your statement pertaining to the Revmote as an excuse. Anyone who knows a little bit about business strategy and operations knows that if Nintendo were to create a monster console AND attempt to create shocking new gameplay innovations they would be doing something called "straddling". For a decade or more, this industry has been about two things: getting the best graphics to showcase for all the graphic-whores who will buy your game no matter what and creating a gameplay experience that will cause people to obsessively buy your game.

I didn't say revmote was an excuse, I said the lack of power and the reason for it is an excuse.

TheKingsCrown said:
There have been a million studies on what is called "straddling". Nintendo creating a console that is both ridiculously high powered and Nintendo researching what could be amazing technology that pushes the whole industry forward at the same time would be straddling. One example of straddling that has occurred was when United Airlines (I believe it was them) tried to copy Southwest's low-cost strategy in the U.S. market and failed miserably, because UA was better at offering airline perks and their customers knew them for that, and Southwest was perfect at low cost. A company simply cannot straddle safely. It has to dive head-on into whatever is the root of its strength.

Thus, I think your post that Nintendo should be able to offer its consumers both does not fall within the lines of rational business expectation. I bet you Sony's new Boomerang controller will try to show that it has some cool aspects to it at E3, but I bet you it won't be done nearly as well as the Revmote. These are two entirely different strategies to reach the same end: users. I think that up until now technology has won over more users on average than gameplay, so I think Sony definitely had it damn right the past two generations. But unless, Amirox, you are a fortune teller and can predict the trends of the upcoming years, I feel it is impossible to predict which avenue will see the most explosive growth in the upcoming generation. If I had to place my bet, I think the gameplay portion has the potential for more growth, although I don't think it would be a knockout punch by any means.

1.) Power is absolutely integral to a videogame system. It has nothing to do with "straddling". If you're less powerful, it's a huge negative. You might be able to overcome it and become the best overall (DS, PS2), but it'll always be held back by this. To use your Airline example, it's the equivalent of having really shitty flight attendants and food. Sure... you can do that and focus on "other" aspects of the thing. But that specific detail will always suck ass, and it'll always be a negative aspect.

Same for the power. They can have this awesome innovative system, and it might be great. The airplane might get to its destination 2 hours faster, the videogame might be genuinely fun. But it's always going to suck ass that it doesn't have better graphics, just as it's always going to be shitty to deal with those irritated flight attendants. That's not straddling, that's a fact. And you CAN do both without any problems whatsoever. They have just chose not to.

2.) We're back on the business side of things again. I don't care about them as a business. I don't care about the consumers who buy the thing. The same exact thing applies for Sony and Microsoft and the systems they make. None of the money they make ever benefits me, and it never will. Clearly not, because if their vasts endless money was benefitting me we wouldn't be having this discussion about lack of power and I probably wouldn't be bitching about their recent focus on the atrocious non-games.

3.) Make no mistake, I'm excited about revmote and what it can do. That's the distinction I'm able to make. I don't have to follow every word and listen to every inch of bullshit that is asserted from Nintendo or Sony or Microsoft. Reggie can get up during E3 and whip the zombies into a furor at the next gaming show, and it won't have any effect on what matters. I love many Nintendo games, and that's not likely to change. And so I'll be getting a Revolution likely on day one. But that doesn't change the fact that, on this gaming message board on the internet, I will express my discontent. Because it's a shitty decision for me, personally. And that is, once more, the only thing that matters.

Amir0x

Banned
marc^o^ said:
Amir0x, you should write a book about it. Seriously:lol

Sure, I'll dedicate it to you.

"To marc^o^, from whom all fanatical doctrines were made possible and therefore written. Then, for setting the standard by which all corporate shills can henceforth be defined. A call unto arms."

Beezy

TheKingsCrown, I don't think you can use GTA as an example. I'm not a tech dude, but I know that the cities in all 3 PS2 GTA games are fucking huge, have a lot going on and have a lot that you can do. I don't think it could've had great graphics while doing that at the same time, but next GTA will look a lot better thanks to PS3's hardware.

Top Bottom